After 2 years of searching for it... I've found the original menu theme

Deathpk - Harshlands
Deathpk - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
I quit shortly after rising tide, mostly because of the tokens rather than new classes and race. But I couldn't forget that awesome song when I started playing it. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHZzigXe0gM
Post edited by Deathpk - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Ah yes... the old login screen with that bridge and the waterfall...

I remember there being a small debate over what the login music should be for PWI back in closed beta. People actually wanted this awful version b:spit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012

I remember there being a small debate over what the login music should be for PWI back in closed beta. People actually wanted this awful version b:spit

That sure is an.... interesting video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Wow, I really do miss this theme
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012

I always knew this game was just mmo eharmony! Proooofff b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I have that set to my login screen.

Downloaded the track and shoved it in game files.

It plays at silver pool/etherblade too.

EDIT: I mean the other version of that song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwJe5IGPqww&feature=related
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2012

EDIT: I mean the other version of that song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwJe5IGPqww&feature=related

Yes its very easy to change it out to the original. I did that the moment I heard the earthguard nonsense.
  • _Shakez_ - Lost City
    _Shakez_ - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    o0 WOW i was looking for thins from last year thanks soooo much.
    its worth the searchb:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This brings back memories.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Juuon - Archosaur
    Juuon - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012

That's......cute?
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Oh man, I miss that loading screen theme.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I remember when i first started PWI i always had the game volume set to max because that song kinda felt...i dunno it felt good i guess xD.
    Nowadays it's set to 0...
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2012

This was the music that I started to, and it is this music, as well as the music that was in the game that made me like this game so much. I'd even sit, and just listen to, and look at the loading screen.

With your upcoming expansion, I ask that you all fix the music. Bring it back. Its the little things like this that give you a good playerbase. To quote another game I like:

"Only fools fear great failures...It is the small loses...that break a man down."

Fix these small things PWI/PWE. It shows that you care, and the music alone may convince many to stay. When my cleric was low leveled, I'd fly around for hours just listening to the music, and looking at the beautiful landscapes. Fix the in game music. Give us an example, as a bit more of a start...to show us that you really do care.

Thanks. b:victoryb:thanks

Yes its very easy to change it out to the original. I did that the moment I heard the earthguard nonsense.

Huh? How? I miss this music so much, and it was actually one of the main draws to keep me here on the game.

<----Wants to know. Wants my music back to listen to. Fell asleep many a time at the loading screen because the music is...well WAS so beautiful.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Huh? How? I miss this music so much, and it was actually one of the main draws to keep me here on the game.

<----Wants to know. Wants my music back to listen to. Fell asleep many a time at the loading screen because the music is...well WAS so beautiful.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212201
    You mean the one with the flute playing that melody?

Go to youtube video with PWI old main menu music
    Download the video ("Downloadhelper" add-on for firefox, download the add-on)
    Convert video in MP3 file (Freez .flv to mp3 converter: google it, and download that program)

Make 3 copies of the music file
    Rename them to:
    theme_a
    theme_b
    theme_c

Copy all 3 identical music files into PWI/element/music
    Click yes when it says replace.

If you want the current music back, just click verify when the update window pops up

Thats what I did anyway.

Yeah so basically go to the video in the original post, get that music file. (youtube-mp3.org), copy/rename it a few times and put them into the pwi music folder.

Ignore what I said about the freez converter and fire fox add-on, its easier to get the mp3 file by just using youtube-mp3.org.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I suppose that tune is nostalgic because I heard it when I first opened pw my-en and pwi for the first times.
    I never kept on the music for long though.

Surprised so many care about the music that much... It's not really that interesting to listen to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This brings back memories.

b:cry
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I am QQin right now.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I QQ every time I hear this song.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Surprised so many care about the music that much... It's not really that interesting to listen to.

Agreed.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Until I crashed my HDD a few days ago I had this as the menu music too. Pretty song was pretty, and great to listen while I spent over an hour modifying a charater to look just how I wanted them to. b:sad

For those that don't like it, well you must be fans of "real" music that requires words and **** to make it work. I like "made for loop" videgame music myself a lot.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Uhm 2 things:

- It was pretty impressive for a "Free to play" MMORPG back there to have its own music,I mean,with a real chinese music band
    - Bring the frigging old music back <_<
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I quit shortly after rising tide, mostly because of the tokens rather than new classes and race. But I couldn't forget that awesome song when I started playing it. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHZzigXe0gM

Damn, this was when i started playing, liked it sooo much, this cool instrumental with the waterfall background b:surrender way better what we have now some re tarded chinmeys dancing around a fireplace x.x
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2012

MTV, nothing NOTHING good comes out VIA that **** channel, how can people actually want this **** in a game?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    There also another Chinese mmo with their own song too bad it cn / eu only.

PW lost China feel with each updates and goes more to random (heavenly nature ?) fantasy. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Oh how I miss that soundtrack..I'm so glad you found it!

I absolutely love it and it fits PWI very much in my opinion, the original PWI that is, which brings back lots of sweet memories. I'll certainly download it and put it in the game files again.

It's not that I don't like the current PWI (besides a couple of obvious things) but I just miss the strong chinese feel it had when I first joined, which is what attracted me to begin with (big eastern asian culture/lore fan here). I just wish to see more chinese-inspired fashion, quests and events.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I just miss the strong chinese feel it had when I first joined, which is what attracted me to begin with (big eastern asian culture/lore fan here). I just wish to see more chinese-inspired fashion, quests and events.

This...this is exactly what brought me and two of my other friends here to begin with. Its pretty...akward to see someone dressed in some modern outfit or riding a chrono-bike (worse when the latter could be heard by everyone ) around Arch or Plume, but we've long since accepted that this is what the game has become~people love that stuff, so they'll buy it (the devs/marketing dept/ can care less about keeping a game's feel or fixing bugs/issues that dont affect their income if it makes them money).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I found this one guys:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NZ7FbtxDA&feature=related

Is it really from PWI O.o?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I found this one guys:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NZ7FbtxDA&feature=related

Is it really from PWI O.o?

Not PWI, but from the Brazilian version apparently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanthra - Harshlands
    Zanthra - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Here's a more HD version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21h1kad2D5I&feature=plcp&context=C3dc6c6dUDOEgsToPDskK5FeHwh1Ohm4CBfimrqtbV

Oh and deathpk was my first account I registered for pwi's close beta. it's odd that it says I joined in 09 o.O

also surprised so many replies b:victory
  • Deathpk - Harshlands
    Deathpk - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    true story
  • SunriseWind - Heavens Tear
    SunriseWind - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    this is the translation of the PW theme song, as sung by Toni Gonzaga.

i just wish the game were still like this, where people cared about helping each other, and working together for the fun of it, rather than racing through instances,etc. slow down, and enjoy the game!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wear a coat of angels' breath and
    warm myself with God's love.
    ~Emme Woodhull-B