What happened to the Banker's Quests?

FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
ok, im an oldtimer around here, with my main avatars with full size banks. but my youngest son wanted to take a crack at the game, and when he started complaining about his bank getting filled up with mats for quests, i told him to take the bankers quest, and build it up. but when i went to take the same quests for a BM im experimenting with, i found that it seems you have to buy bank stones now....i couldnt find the version where you collect mats for the banker.

has that version been deleted, to force players to buy bank/inventory stones?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
"Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
Playing here since '08b:heart
Post edited by FoxRunning - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I can accept those quests just fine on a lowbie...
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My 89 Psy still can take the mats quest.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    very odd, then. all i see are the ones telling me to get the stones b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ok, im an oldtimer around here, with my main avatars with full size banks. but my youngest son wanted to take a crack at the game, and when he started complaining about his bank getting filled up with mats for quests, i told him to take the bankers quest, and build it up. but when i went to take the same quests for a BM im experimenting with, i found that it seems you have to buy bank stones now....i couldnt find the version where you collect mats for the banker.

has that version been deleted, to force players to buy bank/inventory stones?

Does he have 5 of...

Mystical meat?
    Soft fur?
    Elemental dust?
    Rhino horn?
    Antenna?

If that was solved.... how about 10 of...

Mystical claw?
    Dull claw?
    Honey Juice?
    Elemental fragment?
    Dew of herbs?

He's probably missing them... I am pretty sure it is that because I have no problems on my alts here... Infact, did that on one of my merchant chars yesterday. If he have to get stone only... Then he probably picked the wrong quest or he already have completed both quests that requires materials. If he still have 16 slots, or 24... He should trash the quest and start it again and pick "find the materials".
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    very odd, then. all i see are the ones telling me to get the stones b:puzzled

Trash the quest, so you can get the other version
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think only certain, main bankers offer the quest.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think only certain, main bankers offer the quest.

I checked in snowy village. .__.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Maybe you are doing the expand inventory instead of safe?
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I checked in snowy village. .__.

-Shrugs-

To OP, I suggest trying North Bank. Girlfriend normally does it there.
  • JuFranz - Raging Tide
    JuFranz - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I too had the same issue previously with my newly created alt.

Wanted to take the quest but it was not there. Try gaining more levels somewhere lvl20 to lv30 and check back again.

I got the quest now which was previously not there.

Good luck.
    Previously: Level 100 BM and I still enjoy farming to upgrade my gears b:victory

Now: At 101 still continue farming b:shutup
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Contrary to what is said in game, not all bankers offer that quest.

In Plume, the banker near Chingling's soul (sp?), doesn't give it, you have to take it and then give the mats to the other banker.
  • Elementous - Momaganon
    Elementous - Momaganon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    On one elf character that I started, I forgot about the bank quest until I'd levelled it a bit and then discovered that the Plume bankers did not have the quest for me. I checked under Available Quests and the bank quest was there, but bizarrely was directing me to a banker in Etherblade - where I was able to take the quest.

So, my advice would be to check which banker your Available Quests directs you to.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    i noticed that last night. i did get the bank quest, but not the inventory one. the banker one i picked up in the Walled Stronghold near Ether, but it didnt have the inventory quest.

wonder where i'll find that?

the devs really need to either put the quests on all bankers again, or mark the spicific bankers who do have them.

Contrary to what is said in game, not all bankers offer that quest.

In Plume, the banker near Chingling's soul (sp?), doesn't give it, you have to take it and then give the mats to the other banker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Here's a dumb question, but has he perhaps already bought a stone to expand it somewhat? I know from when I did that on a toon I could no longer get the quests to expand, However now I always just get the max stone for a toon when there is a sale
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    i noticed that last night. i did get the bank quest, but not the inventory one. the banker one i picked up in the Walled Stronghold near Ether, but it didnt have the inventory quest.

wonder where i'll find that?

the devs really need to either put the quests on all bankers again, or mark the spicific bankers who do have them.

I wasn't aware that there was a quest for inventory expansion.b:surrender

Well, other than the one for Inventory Stones...
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    There never were any inventory expansion quests...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Since it hasn't been mentioned, I don't think there was ever one for inventory expansion. Fairly certain you could get extra bank slots as is.

trollface.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    There never were any inventory expansion quests...
    Since it hasn't been mentioned, I don't think there was ever one for inventory expansion. Fairly certain you could get extra bank slots as is.

trollface.jpg

Thank you for both confirming what I was saying.b:chuckle
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You're welcome. b:chuckleb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    yea there where always bank quests to use mats insted of stones to make your invatory bigger.i rember doing them back when i was low lvl.as for why you cant fined them im not shure i can still do them on my lowbies.try takeing the quest to use the stones and then trashing it, see if that works better
  • MykoDeviant - Lost City
    MykoDeviant - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    have found if you have all the items, have the quest, have done everything your supposed to and it still just wont light up and give you the quest....
    drop all the items and pick them back up one-by-one, it will re-activate the quest and you will be able to complete it.
    Good-Luck players!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    see now THIS would be a legit necro >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Good advice but watch the posting dates. This one was resting quietly in the grave. No need to answer after a year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
This discussion has been closed.