Pssst... hey, PWE. It's the Year of the Dragon now.

Miugre - Heavens Tear
Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Okay, I'm starting to wonder if the devs are just asleep at the wheel... because really? Tiger packs again? The Year of the Tiger was two years ago, now. Chinese New Year was the other day, as a matter of fact. It's now the Year of the Dragon. When are we gonna see "Year of the Dragon Packs?" Complete with some overly-elaborate-and-probably-ugly dragon-themed mount? XD

I mean, I don't even want them, and I'm sure as hell never gonna buy them. But it's the kind of thing we expect from you, by now. What's the point of watching a trainwreck if you guys can't keep it entertaining? Change it up once in awhile.

On a side note, I love how you conveniently forgot to release "Year of the Rabbit" packs last year. The poor little bunnies aren't as marketable as tigers, eh? Although, I know at least one person who's still waiting for a giant Huggy Hare mount. So yeah... get on that, devs. :P

Obligatory [/sarcasm] tag for the humor impaired
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
Post edited by Miugre - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Bunny shops and gigantic bunny pets weren't enough for you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    They would only change the name of the pack.
    Same ****, different name.

so theres no point
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    The only thing we saw from the year of the Rabbit was the bunny shops that they waited until Easter to release. A poor comparison to the content that was released for PW-CN.

Don't get your hopes up that we will see anything for year of the Dragon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sales, sales, sales on packs, wouldn`t expect anything more!
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Bunny shops and gigantic bunny pets weren't enough for you?

Considering buried within the files there is a cute bunny mount alot would die for, no, no it wasn't enough lol :P
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hadn't thought about the giant bunny AC pets, but those just look creepy and/or disturbing, more than anything else.

@Sylen, I guess you missed the [/sarcasm] tag. I can't really get my hopes up about something I'd never really care about to begin with. :P But what was released for CN exactly?

All kidding aside, I just thought it was funny how PWE marketed the Year of the Tiger packs, and how that conveniently didn't happen in the Year of the Rabbit. And so now I find myself wondering how they'll market the Year of the Dragon. It'll probably be depressing no matter what, but in all honesty I can't decide if I want it to be predictable or not. If we just got another pack like all the others, well... it'd be boring, but it wouldn't decimate the game balance any further. Conversely, any attempt PWE actually makes to "shake up the system" is gonna be something along the lines of selling more gear in the CS (Nirv or Warsoul or whatnot). So I can't decide which would be more depressing. :P

EDIT:
    X_tigger_X wrote:
    Considering buried within the files there is a cute bunny mount alot would die for, no, no it wasn't enough lol :P
    I need proof of this, NOW. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'd love some dragon related events...hell even packs because at this rate I'm so used to them that I don't care.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I heard a rumor that the staff working for pwi are all very religious and that they believe the end of the world wil be in 2012 and now they dont care about working on the game since the world will end soon anyway.

I wonder what will happen when 2013 comes and they realise they just wasted a full year
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    We need 12 variety of Chinese Zodiac packs. b:victory

boutique tips : " It better to open pack that related to your zodiac "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I know at least one person who's still waiting for a giant Huggy Hare mount.

DUDE! Add me to that list! b:dirty

So, um, Frankie ol' buddy, I'll buy you a keg of beer if you gimme the phone number of the guy who can make a Huggy Hare mount happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I want a dragon flyer for Untamed. I would spend many moneys.b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I heard a rumor that the staff working for pwi are all very religious and that they believe the end of the world wil be in 2012 and now they dont care about working on the game since the world will end soon anyway.

I wonder what will happen when 2013 comes and they realise they just wasted a full year

What would being religous have to do wth doing their job? is the pwe staff mayan? i hear they are still makin iphones over there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I just don't get how people still bother to play this game, never mind buy their over priced useless packs on a dying game with no real content updates, ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I need proof of this, NOW. D:

I don't have any private servers installed on this laptop at the moment, so I couldn't show you screenshots of my barb on it on 2 different servers. Maybe someone knows what I'm on about and can post pics.

Think of the big fat all class pet, add pink/purple details, a little saddle, a nice purple ball necklace, a lil tail like a bunny should have, slimmer, and it hops when you move around.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I don't have any private servers installed on this laptop at the moment, so I couldn't show you screenshots of my barb on it on 2 different servers. Maybe someone knows what I'm on about and can post pics.

Think of the big fat all class pet, add pink/purple details, a little saddle, a nice purple ball necklace, a lil tail like a bunny should have, slimmer, and it hops when you move around.

Do want! b:cry
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    holy **** I want these
    I want a dragon flyer for Untamed. I would spend many moneys.b:dirty

http://ecatomb.net/cash%20shop/mount/beast01.jpg

It's been out for a long time.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    chinese holidays dont give x2 events on our awsome U.S.A. holidaysb:byeb:victory
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited January 2012

That one sucks though. :/ I mean't a chinese dragon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    What about a DRAGON orb sale? b:chuckle
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage