14.5k token price

Northern - Dreamweaver
Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Current prices for tokens on Dreamweaver are 14.5k and have risen steadily since the start of the year.

Is this a sign that packs have finally failed.

Considering that pack prices aren't likely to change, what would need to be done to make them back to 10k, and should they be........

Will this soon make it more profitable to farm wine or do bh instances unwined? Will hypers soon become a better deal through the boutique? Will the price of skill books become only for the wealthy an sky rocket more?
Post edited by Northern - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Current prices for tokens on Dreamweaver are 14.5k and have risen steadily since the start of the year...

I remember time when Perfect Tokens Of Luck had prices near 30k coins. And gold's price was less than 300k in same period of time.

Half of year ago I bought tokens for 17.5k each.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    pack prices have been pretty steady vis a vis gold price for some years now, this is the first time tokens have risen an appreciable amount since....'08 or some, feel free to correct
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    chuckybug wrote: »
    Why is token price drop from 17k to 12k in DW after the patch?

Is there some sales that generate token?

Thanks

Read here.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    There's not an abundance of packs on sale right now.

No packs on sale = reduced pack purchases = limited supply = increased prices

It's all supply and demand.
    Demand hasn't changed, but there aren't as many people buying packs and getting tokens to keep the supply up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    as gold price increases so will the price of everything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    as gold price increases so will the price of everything else.

Actually gold prices decreased when token prices increased ^^

Lack of attractive pack sales being the cause of both in hindsight of the holiday sales spoiling everyone :P
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    well, here is a shock

people QQ about pack sales

people QQ when packs go off sale and token prices rise

if i am PWI, i just ignore all the forum QQing, because people have no clue what they want, except that they want to complain

watch them do a big pack sale this week, and everyone scream when gold prices jump 300k

no one will thank them for dropping token prices 30% in the process 0.o
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Um...

It's actually got something to do with pack pricing. Right now, the "sale" we got is 0.44 Gold per pack. That is "high" by our standards since the lowest sale we've had is 0.22 Gold per pack. And at least on Sanctuary, the pack merchants are all selling packs at 700k+ coins.

So yes, the supply is actually lower, but not because there isn't a sale, but because the sale isn't good enough for people.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well, it isn't really fair to quote a one time low price from end of year sale for packs and say they arent cheap now just because.

When prices were this price before -tokens were 10k.

Biggest thing is effectively all the skill books just got 50% more costly to make and hyper stones as well as wine for bh 100's. Idk how expensive wine has to get before im no longer willing to wine for a bh 1, but it is getting close and ill just boycott those bhs like i do lunar.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's kind of a simple formula.

As tokens dry up and become harder to find, they get more expensive. This makes wine prices go up. This makes it harder to run BH however many times a day. This makes FCC easier to sell, and will probably drive up the demand, and thus, the price will go up.

Since nobody is merching packs, gold is going to stop moving through the Gold Trading part of AH. Gold is currently steady at 1.6 mil on Sanct, which is reasonable. But, it trying to drop... As gold drops, people start buying, but stop selling, so it turns into a traffic jam. F2P people QQ that there's nobody selling gold (well no ****ing ****, who wants to turn $20 into 16 million gold?), tokens go stupid high in price so that it costs a very large amount of coin to buy wines for BH, crab meats, and other things people use tokens for, and the game basically slows down.

It's at this time that I stop charging gold and selling through AH because it's a complete waste of gold. I'll buy gold and sell for coins for a better return, or even better, buy gold, buy items from Boutique that are on sale, and store them on my storage characters, then when there's a big sale and lots of stuff is moving, but the items I bought aren't on sale, I can sell them for massive profit.

This may also be the time I turn coins into gold, though I've been working more on turning coins into skill books than turning coins into gold, so... We'll see.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    why do u people QQ about tokens. There was a time where there were no tokens, learn to live with it, lol
    edited January 2012
    why do u people QQ about tokens. There was a time where there were no tokens, learn to live with it, lol

there was also a time where you had to go to a ditch in the backyard at 3am to take a dump

why dont you do that as well
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's kind of a simple formula.

As tokens dry up and become harder to find, they get more expensive. This makes wine prices go up. This makes it harder to run BH however many times a day. This makes FCC easier to sell, and will probably drive up the demand, and thus, the price will go up.

Since nobody is merching packs, gold is going to stop moving through the Gold Trading part of AH. Gold is currently steady at 1.6 mil on Sanct, which is reasonable. But, it trying to drop... As gold drops, people start buying, but stop selling, so it turns into a traffic jam. F2P people QQ that there's nobody selling gold (well no ****ing ****, who wants to turn $20 into 16 million gold?), tokens go stupid high in price so that it costs a very large amount of coin to buy wines for BH, crab meats, and other things people use tokens for, and the game basically slows down.

It's at this time that I stop charging gold and selling through AH because it's a complete waste of gold. I'll buy gold and sell for coins for a better return, or even better, buy gold, buy items from Boutique that are on sale, and store them on my storage characters, then when there's a big sale and lots of stuff is moving, but the items I bought aren't on sale, I can sell them for massive profit.

This may also be the time I turn coins into gold, though I've been working more on turning coins into skill books than turning coins into gold, so... We'll see.

I agree with everything you said except this.

One of my shops is set up to sell items to FC participants. (Hypers, crabs, herbs, teles). And since the last major pack sale, my sale numbers have dropped dramatically. Sept-Jan I was averaging 300 hypers a day, about 10,000 each of herbs and crabs, and a few hundred teles. Since the last sale ended (im not counting this cosmic pack fail, i mean sale) I'm lucky to get rid of 50 hypers a day, and all my other products have taken a similar drop.

Hyper prices are tied to token prices, and I can barely sell hypers at 112k for a measly 1% mark-up atm. In addition to seeing FC heads being sold at 200k now and the same person WCing every 2-5 mins for an hour and a half frequently, I'm inclined to believe every aspect of the game is suffering due to a lack of pack sales, even FC.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's my fault guys.

I only had 3,000 packs from the end of year sale and sold them all at 700k. Now that I'm all out people are unable to get packs so not many tokens left :_(

I guess it also doesn't help that before I bought the packs I NPC'd the 100,000 tokens I had at 10k each.

I'll do my best to have more packs next time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    QQ over 14.5k token prices? Last I checked they were well over 17k on HL. suck it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's like I'm psychic!

Now, to add to the fun:

PWE can troll us by putting in good pack sales tonite, thereby causing massive QQ from the merchants paying out the rear for them right now.

Will it happen? Or will things continue as is?b:question

Either way, I still have my massive stockpile of tokens hoarded up, so it's all good. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    no wonder pwe isnt taking the players concerns seriously

people QQ NON STOP over nothing
    i like potato
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    QQ Nobody buying packs.
    QQ Token Supply drying up
    QQ Prices going up from supply and demand
    QQ you want tokens charge Zen and buy packs
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's my fault guys.

I only had 3,000 packs from the end of year sale and sold them all at 700k. Now that I'm all out people are unable to get packs so not many tokens left :_(

I guess it also doesn't help that before I bought the packs I NPC'd the 100,000 tokens I had at 10k each.

I'll do my best to have more packs next time!

Go away, cheater!b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    there was also a time where you had to go to a ditch in the backyard at 3am to take a dump

why dont you do that as well

if there were no toilets in the house, i would b:chuckle
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    if there were no toilets in the house, i would b:chuckle

That's what the bucket is for. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Tokens are 16k on Lothranis...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    So what is the price that packs must become for tokens to become 10k again?
    edited January 2012

low enough that people care to merchant them, or charge gold for them

after having them on sale at 100 for 22 gold, not many will pay double that right now
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • eagzzz
    eagzzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Basically, there is nothing in the packs except tokens just lately so traders need to make their coins/money back and the only way to do that is to push prices up
    edited January 2012
    eagzzz wrote: »
    Basically, there is nothing in the packs except tokens just lately so traders need to make their coins/money back and the only way to do that is to push prices up

um.... no, not at all
    whats in the packs is the same thats always in the packs
    traders dont push prices up, the price of gold and the price of the packs push prices up
    if packs were half price in the boutique, you could buy them from merchants at half price

if anything ,in my experience, when packs cost more, merchants make less then when they are cheaper, since we tend to get the same amount of profit per pack, but have to lay out more coin
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Basically, packs have to be around 400k each to sell briskly enough to depress token prices. With the current 100 packs for 44 gold sales, you're looking at gold needing to drop to around 900k for cheap tokens to come back. I'm not sure what's maintaining gold prices now, not sure badges are enough to be able to support 1.4 mill-ish gold prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Next real "sale" will be in 2 weeks for vday. Might as well just stock up on gold instead of wasting it with tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Does anyone know what the prices of packs (or more specifically, the tokens) would be if:

- No packs were on sale (i.e. 1 gold each)
    - Rep/rank 9 materials were on sale
    - D orbs were on sale
    - Ocean orbs were on sale

And by "on sale" I'm referring to the sale prices they had last month.

EDIT: Tokens are currently going for 13.2-13.3k on RT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    if anything ,in my experience, when packs cost more, merchants make less then when they are cheaper, since we tend to get the same amount of profit per pack, but have to lay out more coin

I doubt this is true as of late. With the ridiculous Christmas sale lasting as long as it did, plenty of pack merchants had time to sell enough to buy a stock large enough to last for weeks. Especially since the sale ends, they can default the prices to slightly below that of the current costs. Which is what any smart merchant would do.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.