New Expansion in CN

Comments

• I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Couple things to say: 1. Does anyone know how to use propper grammer? Its irritating to try to figure out what someone is trying to say when they don't use propper grammer.

Some people are just that lazy. Or they just don't care at all. You can't force them to change.
    2. I'm guessing nobody has read up on the new skills at all here. If you had, you would know what the new skills will be, not be completely lost as to what they will be. I don't remember the link, but I have been to a link to see the new skills that are coming.

Are you talking about this link?
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15466451&postcount=845
    If it is, it's already linked on the OP. Some of the skills will probably be renamed once translated and localized to the NA database.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Couple things to say: 1. Does anyone know how to use propper grammer? Its irritating to try to figure out what someone is trying to say when they don't use propper grammer. 2. I'm guessing nobody has read up on the new skills at all here. If you had, you would know what the new skills will be, not be completely lost as to what they will be. I don't remember the link, but I have been to a link to see the new skills that are coming.

If you're gonna whine about proper grammar, learn it first.
    Also, what makes you think no one read up on the skills?
    I have the links for it in my sig...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It seems that in the Official Chinese forums they are complaining that we can get grade 16 military gear (rank 9 gear) directly from the boutique, when people that have been playing like 3 years+ overthere can only dream with it, it seems that it cost 1k USD to +12 something over there. b:chuckle

Forum Thread.
    http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1883608&extra=page%3D1&page=1

EDIT: BTW this one damn amazing dragon mount:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/20111102192721.jpg/

Is there a better translator to use other than Google? All I was able to get from that thread was that they find English hard to understand (the feeling is mutual b:surrender ), the US has high crime rates, and WoW got mentioned.

Some "G" kept being mentioned, any idea what that stands for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i got something about 9 military mango......

so confused b:surrender
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited January 2012
    Is there a better translator to use other than Google? All I was able to get from that thread was that they find English hard to understand (the feeling is mutual b:surrender ), the US has high crime rates, and WoW got mentioned.

Some "G" kept being mentioned, any idea what that stands for?

I don't know where you were seeing the Gs but I saw the same stuff through google as well.
    I like how in that bit they talked as if the us is a bad place when most of it isn't even true.

I think they're reading chinese news a little bit too much. b:laugh
    i got something about 9 military mango......

so confused b:surrender

probably it meant 9jun which is rank 9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    I don't know where you were seeing the Gs but I saw the same stuff through google as well.

Here's one post in particular. Forgive the crappy paint circles. b:cute

4gi6v9.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited January 2012
    Here's one post in particular. Forgive the crappy paint circles. b:cute

4gi6v9.png

Oh oh oh, in that really long post. I see.

Yeah, I don't know either. It's probably an acronym for something that google derped up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It seems that in the Official Chinese forums they are complaining that we can get grade 16 military gear (rank 9 gear) directly from the boutique, when people that have been playing like 3 years+ overthere can only dream with it, it seems that it cost 1k USD to +12 something over there. b:chuckle

Forum Thread.
    http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1883608&extra=page%3D1&page=1

EDIT: BTW this one damn amazing dragon mount:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/20111102192721.jpg/
    what are they, dumb? or just plain greedy.

with what we have and what they have, im sure the majority of players here wouldnt mind not having R9 in boutique if they can get a non glitched, fully updated game, with as much employee/administration support as them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012

with what we have and what they have, im sure the majority of players here wouldnt mind not having R9 in boutique if they can get a non glitched, fully updated game, with as much employee/administration support as them.

Are the glitches fixed in their version? As I understood it, we have the same thing they have, with the exception of getting patches a couple months later plus our boutique being different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Are the glitches fixed in their version? As I understood it, we have the same thing they have, with the exception of getting patches a couple months later plus our boutique being different.
    no we dont....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    no we dont....

Well, that settles that. I was wrong. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited January 2012

No.
    no we dont....

Yes we do.

Nearly everything is similar minus new content and unreleased mounts/fash/aerogear.
    There are also no restrictions on ini editing from what I understand.

Otherwise the two are completely same games.
    I could translate the entire client and you guys wouldn't notice a thing (minus the chinese in chat ofc).

edit:
    there are also anti-bot captchas and no hypering in frost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_Shayd - Raging Tide
    Dark_Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    We are not getting any expansion, Since there are no new classes and lots of stuff that can **** UP the game they won't care to bring it here
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Frankie has already said we're getting it. Yawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Frankie has already said we're getting it. Yawn.

*Draws a Pony on Kero's uvula*
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2012

I hardly doubt that. If we suddenly lost all of the major sales, e.g. rep, orbs and packs, there would be a massive uproar about how it's unfair to people who still don't have their +12 R9s or whatnot.

And we'd get a similar uproar if the GMs suddenly deleted all the R9s, all the +10 or above items in the game, all the packs, all the +10-12 orbs, all the rep badges and so on.

So yeah, the only option would be to start over from scratch. And somehow I doubt that majority of the R9 +12 folk would bother with a server where the realistic limit is +8 TT99.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I hardly doubt that. If we suddenly lost all of the major sales, e.g. rep, orbs and packs, there would be a massive uproar about how it's unfair to people who still don't have their +12 R9s or whatnot.

And we'd get a similar uproar if the GMs suddenly deleted all the R9s, all the +10 or above items in the game, all the packs, all the +10-12 orbs, all the rep badges and so on.

So yeah, the only option would be to start over from scratch. And somehow I doubt that majority of the R9 +12 folk would bother with a server where the realistic limit is +8 TT99.

Start from absolute 0. Then, go back and give everyone the gold that they have charged over time, so they can... Get uber gear instantly...

yeah. Kinda not gonna happen.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    When they allow R9 in boutique for every official servers of Asian region, PWI would already have R10 in boutique. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited January 2012
    frankie Has Already Said We're Getting It. Yawn.

2013?
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    2013?

Mods are guessing this February or March?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Mods are guessing this February or March?

Expansion release of announcement xD
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Start from absolute 0. Then, go back and give everyone the gold that they have charged over time, so they can... Get uber gear instantly...

yeah. Kinda not gonna happen.

"Give everyone the gold back".

There isn't enough popcorn in the world to cover all the drama that would come from that. b:chuckle

(Unless they actually gave the money back, not just a gold refund).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    "Give everyone the gold back".

There isn't enough popcorn in the world to cover all the drama that would come from that. b:chuckle

(Unless they actually gave the money back, not just a gold refund).

I beg to differ....http://www.frontiernet.net/~shirleyp1/images/2009-0228-193651.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    More Info info info!!!!! RAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Sweetfeather - Dreamweaver
    Sweetfeather - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    a lot of things were said, but none of the game actually rocked the world. RIFT was a PoS even from Beta stage. It was so obvious the classes are imbalanced it wasn't even funny. TERA brings a whole new dimension to MMO gaming with the active combat system. It's not just another MMO, it's a FPS in a MMO world while keeping the holy trinity classes.

You do know that TERA failed in korea for lack of content though, right? b:shutup
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You do know that TERA failed in korea for lack of content though, right? b:shutup

and they getting sued in korea and US by NC soft
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Sweetfeather - Dreamweaver
    Sweetfeather - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    and they getting sued in korea and US by NC soft

Mhmm.. They were charged in Korea, however they were still allowed to release the game. But the laws over there are way different then in North America, so Itll be interesting indeed to see how this ends. b:chuckle
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    What NC soft has to do with Tera
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited January 2012
    We're losing focus of the topic and I don't want this thread to get locked...
    FYI tera has people who quit from when L3 was cancelled and thus were using left over game code from it.
    Google this stuff for yourselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    What NC soft has to do with Tera

It's made from NCsoft project - Lineage 3 -
    Blue hole studio developer is using data that was mean for L3

How that possible ?

Most key developer of Tera (Blue hole studio) are originally coming from NCsoft,
    After some disputes within NCsoft, one of developer team leader decided to quit also taking (or stealing) resource that they develop while working for NCsoft.
    After that they create Blue hole studio, Tera born after that.

It not really weird that NCsoft will sue Blue hole studio for a long time... b:surrender
    Now NCsoft must use replacement project such Lineage Eternal while L3 is rebuilt again (probably) from scratch.

Ups sorry off topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
This discussion has been closed.