How Much Money Do You Think Pwe Makes From Just Pwi?

pwiqq
pwiqq Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Off-Topic Discussion
i wonder how much they make? anybody want to guess?

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1138561&page=2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by pwiqq on

Comments

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Each day: 600k (at least)

Each week: 2.5 mil (at least)

Each month: 17.9 mil (at least)
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    No need to guess, just look up the financial statements that are posted publicly.

Net income for the year of 2010 from Online games, (after operational costs ect.), was $125,236,769. 2011 report isn't up yet.
    This info is readily available online.
    You can find it broken down further by subsidiary, but I believe I remember Q4 earnings for PWI specifically being projected at around 4.5m a month, which is a bit of a dip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwiqq
    pwiqq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Each day: 600k (at least)

Each week: 2.5 mil (at least)

Each month: 17.9 mil (at least)

17.9mil a month LOLOL

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1138561&page=2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Finrah - Sanctuary
    Finrah - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Pointless b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Enough to buy other big developer studio... (after saving up)
    (F2P + P2W + Gamble microtransaction model lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well, I'll try to make an educated guess...

- Over the course of 2 weeks on Sanctuary and Lost City, I bought about 2,500 Gold on each server.

- I was only the top bidder for about 3 hours per day, so multiply by 8: ~20,000 Gold.

- (EDIT) Only half of Gold is purchased at the bidder's offer, so multiply by 2: ~40,000 Gold.

- Multiply by 2 to get 4 weeks: ~80,000 Gold per month per server.

- 7 servers (actually, there's 9, but I'm trying to account for the less populated ones): ~560,000 Gold bought in the AH, total.

Now comes the big "Fudge Factor". I have no idea what % of people sell their Gold to other players vs. how many use it directly. My guess, (EDIT)based upon how often my cash-shopper friends talk about selling Gold vs. how often they buy cash-shop items, is that only about 1/15 of Gold gets sold via the AH. So...

- Multiply by 15: 7,875,000 Gold

- (EDIT) 2% AH fee: 8,032,500

So, my guess is that PWI brings in about 8 million dollars gross revenue per month off of "Perfect World".

Anybody else got any better guesses?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Henacy - Lost City
    Henacy - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2012

- Over the course of 2 weeks on Sanctuary and Lost City, I bought about 2,500 Gold on each server.

- I was only the top bidder for about 3 hours per day, so multiply by 8: ~20,000 Gold.

- (EDIT) Only half of Gold is purchased at the bidder's offer, so multiply by 2: ~40,000 Gold.

- 7 servers (actually, there's 9, but I'm trying to account for the less populated ones): ~560,000 Gold bought in the AH, total.

Now comes the big "Fudge Factor". I have no idea what % of people sell their Gold to other players vs. how many use it directly. My guess, (EDIT)based upon how often my cash-shopper friends talk about selling Gold vs. how often they buy cash-shop items, is that only about 1/15 of Gold gets sold via the AH. So...

So, my guess is that PWI brings in about 8 million dollars gross revenue per month off of "Perfect World".

-too much math brain implodes-

I have no doubt in your math skills, no mess with PWI Guru. b:surrender
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    its not safe to just any math on this forum til an archer has verified it.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    its not safe to just any math on this forum til an archer has verified it.

I take offense at that.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I take offense at that.

Same, it's a sad state of affairs when people consider base arithmetics complicated maths.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I say Warren's guess is as best as anyone can get.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2012

there is no ah fee for those who dont sell gold via ah...

and you cannot just multiply by 8 because you buy gold for 3 hours, that would not even be correct if you rounded it up or down.

Lets say for American Rush hour for each server, there will be purchased more than lets say at rush hour for europeans.

you have to count in weekends and holidays.

Serverpopulations since i guess there are a LOT more people on LC and HT than on other servers.

+ i can imagine people spend more money on PvP servers than on PvE servers.

so no i think 8 million bucks are far away from the real numbers
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    there is no ah fee for those who dont sell gold via ah...
    I know, but the starting base for all my calculations is what I'm seeing as a Gold buyer.

But, I'd forgotten that I see 2% less Gold being sold than there is actual Gold being sold, and so my base would be off by 2%.

Now, you're correct that it doesn't apply to non-Gold-Sellers, but everything is my calculations is multiplicative, and multiplication is transitive, so everything goes up by 2%.
    and you cannot just multiply by 8 because you buy gold for 3 hours, that would not even be correct if you rounded it up or down.
    True, but my 3 daily bids are spread-out between 3 different times:

- Morning (ie. medium volume)
    - Afternoon (ie. "Rush Hour")
    - Bedtime (ie. low volume)

Combining all 3 and looking back at the AH sales records, the end result between them all seems to be I see about 3 hours per day where I appear to be the top-bidder (ie. multiple transactions within minutes of each other).

Weekends are a different beast entirely. Most players seem to do their big Gold-selling on Friday night (presumably after cashing their paycheck), and then coast through the rest of the weekend. I'm not sure how to account for the difference in the markets, other than to average out all my Gold-buying over the course of 2 complete weeks and assume what I see on the weekdays roughly has the same ratios as what happens on the weekends.

I admit, though, that this *8 estimate is probably way off, but really I'm not sure how to make it any more accurate.
    + i can imagine people spend more money on PvP servers than on PvE servers.
    I can only speak for Sanctuary and Lost City.

On Sanctuary, Gold tends to be sold in little bits, and the market jostles up and down all day. On Lost City, it tends to sell in big chunks, and the market remains relatively stable.

On both, I'm able to get lots of Gold, but based upon how the markets behave it seems Lost City has fewer, but bigger Cash-Shoppers than Sanctuary, while Sanctuary has a larger base of lower-budget Cash-Shoppers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The only thing I'm going to disagree on is the 1:15 ratio.

At WarrenWolfy's guess PWE takes in $400m from PWI alone. However having Googled PWRD's profits for 2011 this doesn't really match. Q1-3 all say PWRD's gross profit was between 90-100m USD per quarter. I could not find data for the gross profit of Q4 2011 but I'd imagine probably will not be over 200m even though Q4 was full of pack, D.orb and rank sales. Even at a generous estimate this puts PWRD's gross profit at $500m across all their games. I think the $400m estimate from WarrenWolfy was a little too high. Seeing as I cannot disagree with him from the data of my shops on RT the only flaw I could point at would be the 1:15 ratio.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Link to those financial statements or w/e?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i guess you guys can stop csing now since im sure they have enough to pay for what they need to do for anotehr 4 years
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Link to those financial statements or w/e?

Google PWRD 2011 profits.