Kiting full +12 R9 Barbs

2»

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    wonder if that barb noticed he did not have titan strength.... mmmm.... was a nice video though

He actually had the buff at the beginning, but it wore off mid-fight. I guess he never noticed it. I LOL'ed IRL when I saw him use his chi on a triple spark, twice in a single fight, then waste it running around in tiger. His random AD for no real reason was also a kind of *wtf* moment.

Near the end he finally tries an arma after his occult procs. I was looking for a tree of protection to AD, but he didn't use it and just decided to arma me out of the blue. Another waste of 15k of his charm. Too bad he still failed to tick mine, though...guess armas don't hit hard without TOP'ing first eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Shariva - Harshlands
    Shariva - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    b:shutup phy deff nec on barb sucks.. too less m.deff b:bye

nice video btw
    not all ppl deal with the new classes yet b:chuckle
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011

nice video btw

OMG he has a phy neck...I did not even notice that...LMAO.

Seriously even with 2 mil gold prices it seems like there's a new full R9 +12 popping up everyday...

PWI must be making a ton of money :l.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I watched it was subpar for a melee vs caster battle, he hit you rather more than I would expect in a melee vs caster battle, and you hit him for rather less than I thought you would considering he really isnt built to fight casters at all.

I mean you have a mage as well certainly you can see the difference in your ability to keep opponents at a distance between the 2 classes, I mean a good mage can do damage easily without ever letting his opponent even touch him.

The biggest issue I see with mystics is spending like 10 seconds prebuffing for a nuke combo and then still doing less damage than a mage who just undines and gush, pyros which means in group pvp/TW your at a massive disadvantage due to needing so much time to do damage to the enemies where as mages/archers are ready to go at a moments notice.

I mean when I dragon a target in TW/pvp, I dont want to wait around 10 seconds for my DDs to be ready I just want to call a name with a 2 second leadup to allow channels to be started and then unload it and watch them die.

His arma at the end hit for about what it should, no crit no zerk vs a buffed target (zerk crit would have been 4x the damage you took hence a 1hit), ToP is actually only useful for very specific builds also waiting for ToP to AD is a little too long as they can ToP mid channel with the right genie (my barbs genie is setup so if im missing 1k hp I can tree during my channel and get the charm tick for the hp boost) so your AD wont go off in time.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I kind of like you, so I'll give you a tip.

You are getting trolled right now.
    i dont get it

Me neither. b:sad
    I watched it was subpar for a melee vs caster battle, he hit you rather more than I would expect in a melee vs caster battle, and you hit him for rather less than I thought you would considering he really isnt built to fight casters at all.

I mean you have a mage as well certainly you can see the difference in your ability to keep opponents at a distance between the 2 classes, I mean a good mage can do damage easily without ever letting his opponent even touch him.

The biggest issue I see with mystics is spending like 10 seconds prebuffing for a nuke combo and then still doing less damage than a mage who just undines and gush, pyros which means in group pvp/TW your at a massive disadvantage due to needing so much time to do damage to the enemies where as mages/archers are ready to go at a moments notice.

I mean when I dragon a target in TW/pvp, I dont want to wait around 10 seconds for my DDs to be ready I just want to call a name with a 2 second leadup to allow channels to be started and then unload it and watch them die.

His arma at the end hit for about what it should, no crit no zerk vs a buffed target (zerk crit would have been 4x the damage you took hence a 1hit), ToP is actually only useful for very specific builds also waiting for ToP to AD is a little too long as they can ToP mid channel with the right genie (my barbs genie is setup so if im missing 1k hp I can tree during my channel and get the charm tick for the hp boost) so your AD wont go off in time.

Though the more I think about it, Mystics don't really have that many control skills for kiting and a barb is probably like the worst possible match-up for a Mystic. Mystics are annoying because they can just spam self heal like a cleric and gain chi, then use chi skills to ignore defense/0 channeling/Thicket, all of which hit hard very briefly but fall apart damage-wise afterwards. Mystics, like venos, hit a roof with their damage, so it's not like they can rely on damage output alone. That's for wizzies and Psys; I'm pretty sure I hit Yabba harder than he does despite having worse gear.

Not sure how a Mystic should be going about beating a barb, since I'd imagine part of it should involve the pet. Maybe Storm Mistress? Or surprise: Cragglord for once (maybe), since barbs aren't TOO heavy on stuns and such.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how a Mystic should be going about beating a barb, since I'd imagine part of it should involve the pet. Maybe Storm Mistress? Or surprise: Cragglord for once (maybe), since barbs aren't TOO heavy on stuns and such.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he'd have to be demon and then pull off Befuddling->Storm Mistress leech->demon Thicket proc->Rapid Growth->Lucky Break->NV->AS. Maybe throw in one of the other mystic 100 skills too? The one that sharptooths for 8% for 8secs. But even then...I'm not sure that that would kill...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011

Michael, I stated that while under leech status I tanked the barb on purpose, since I have anti-stun and 100% armor during that duration. My point waa not to kill the barb - I was using a physical attack damage ring in that entire video, for gods sake.

Furthermore micheal, you should know I can hit hard if I want to, considering that I kill you in 2-3 shots during real pvp.

If I wanted to kill the barb, I would have at least used single/double spark before starting my nukes. He has 40000 hp, after all.

In pvp, If I see a dragon, I typically don't amp and instead activate my crit buff (instant cast) and just cast a regular nuke instead (or if I'm close range, my 14m aoe). This is equivalanet to 2x base damage + 200% wep damage + 2400, or put in other terms by rearranging numbers using a +10 weapon:

base magic damage + 500% wep damage + 11500 damage (sounds almost similar to a mage dragon, doesn't it?). Ofc I don't have undine, which is a major factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    Me neither. b:sad

Though the more I think about it, Mystics don't really have that many control skills for kiting and a barb is probably like the worst possible match-up for a Mystic. Mystics are annoying because they can just spam self heal like a cleric and gain chi, then use chi skills to ignore defense/0 channeling/Thicket, all of which hit hard very briefly but fall apart damage-wise afterwards. Mystics, like venos, hit a roof with their damage, so it's not like they can rely on damage output alone. That's for wizzies and Psys; I'm pretty sure I hit Yabba harder than he does despite having worse gear.

Cragglord would hit the barb for around 200 damage, given that most of it's damage is physical. It also costs 2 sparks.

Also, I made the video with the intention of showing how a mystic can just toy with a barb without ever taking any real risk onto itself. It was in response to a post in a previous thread complaining that I never ever kited. The barb used close to 300k charm in that video, while I used about 6k. If I really wanted to kill him I would have sacced storm mistress and used my extreme poison genie along with maybe a single spark. Those three would effectively double my damage.

Also mystics aren't designed to hit "hard"....they're designed more for dps. You can waste 4 seconds casting that long-channel/cast time nuke as a psychic, but in that time I casted 2 regular nukes, each with a 50% crit chance.

Instead I used my occult (which doesn't have any amps) because I was going for CC/kiting/damage prevention to record the video.

Keep in mind I have 50 pts in vit, was wearing a phy. attack ring, and was trying not to tick my charm (it ticked once cuz of fail placement of my sleep plant).

He has a +12 weapon. It should hit fairly hard regardless, if only he remembered to use titans buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Interesting...
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    curses i think i was the one that asked burnout the rhetorical question >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited December 2011
    curses i think i was the one that asked burnout the rhetorical question >.>

I know you don't really think highly of mystics. During our duels you said that if you had JoSD shards like I did you would stand a better chance in our 1v1's, and while that's true I never actually tried the same strategy in each of our duels. Not all of the strategies I used were optimal to beat a wiz. Despite that you were still able to win one out of our 6 matches, because wiz will always have that amazing one-hit potential. Wizzies are awesome like that, and that spike potential is why wizzies are valued :).

Here is a link of a duel vs a full R9 +12 cleric with around 16-20 JoSD shards. Since she has magic defense buff her survivability vs magic is one of the highest on the server (at least for a caster, anyway). It still doesn't matter as my first 2 properly amped hits forces her to burn AD within the first few seconds of the fight, and to spam herself with heals. The 2nd amp then kills her when she has 0 genie energy left. Keep in mind I was also using my crit buff (mystics depend on high crit rates given by various buffs/skills to win matches)

I'm aware that CUCU is not exactly the best pvp cleric around, but +12 arcane gears should have decent survivability vs magic, regardless.

This was with a +10 weapon and vit build also. Getting +12 and full mag + using a jones blessing instead of o'malley's would increase my damage ~ +30-40%. Also I was using phy. def ring here as well, as I forgot to switch over to a ring that actually gives 97 or 125 magic attack.

We might not have that amazing one-shot potential wizards have, but we still have very good potential dps to pressure and even kill well-geared opponents.

Edit: I'm not gonna deny though, that wiz, psychics, and archers have better killing potential. After all, their role is pure DD, while mystics were designed as pvp healers/support/aoe CC control hybrid. We shouldn't get the killing tools that the dps classes have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• YabbaDabba - Harshlands
    YabbaDabba - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Thank you for letting me know about video so I can give reply to this thread. *sarcasm*

Video is really nice. What follows is few lines that are complete bs, pardon my language.

"The barb is full R9, with +12 weapon and +12 R9 armors, as well as primeval shards, along with a cube m. def neck. "

-This is not true

First of all I am not full +12 barb. Second I don't have magic defense cube neck, and only reason I can see you lying about this is trying to prove how "cool" you are. Third I do not have all primeval shards.

"TBH I don't think I could have killed him unless I used at least double spark, he never got lower than 40% hp. "

This is biggest.... umm delusional statement I have ever read.
    Yes I have 40k HP. Throughout your whole video your biggest hit on me is like 7-8k? How exactly would you kill me?

Maybe like this: You triple spark, then use rapid growth, get 5 crits on row and send army of your pets on me to hit me. And in this time of course I do nothing but stand. God forbid using a pot, or using something called AD.

Now on the serious note:
    1vs1 with mystics and clerics is tricky and no one can deny that, but don't give yourself too much credit. Conveniently you forgot to mention you came out west 2 minutes earlier, and you got rolled in 3 hits. Not sure if this is just because you are trying to be cool on PWi forums or you really forgot it.

b:shutup
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Now on the serious note:
    1vs1 with mystics and clerics is tricky and no one can deny that, but don't give yourself too much credit. Conveniently you forgot to mention you came out west 2 minutes earlier, and you got rolled in 3 hits. Not sure if this is just because you are trying to be cool on PWi forums or you really forgot it.

b:shutup

Yes, I was unbuffed, uncharmed, never ever saw your name before, and you came up to me without warning and 3-shot me. That's supposed to be an accomplishment? That you can kill a R9 arcane really fast when it's half-afk? That's why I told you after that I'd be back in a few minutes to either kill you or at least **** with your charm.

Cause TBH you did manage to annoy me by doing that, especially since I've never even heard of your name prior to this meeting and thought you were just some fresh random R9 barb with +5's or something. Then I inspected you after and saw your gears.

I still think you would have done slightly better if you could remember to keep your titans buff up next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Look everyone, an e-pen0r competition no one cares about.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited January 2012
    From my whole post you only had need to comment poking about how you died easily first time?

Well that says enough about you. b:pleased

Troll less, be more outside sz. Maybe you will make more videos who knows. Oh yeh, but don't go afk, I don't want stupid excuses next time.
    edited January 2012

nice video btw

Just to explain...

I don't think Phys def neck sucks on a barb. Specially not because when you get outside SZ you have 70% chance to get hit by sin, and 30% to get hit by all other classes. If you take that sin deals 4 times more damage then any other class in game, and does it faster then any other class in game (except BM, but they don't have luxury of triple sparking in PvP whenever they feel like it), then phys def neck is not really that hard to imagine. Mostly all sins now that are into PvP have 2nd recast daggies, or r9 which really hurt, specially if they stun lock you while they go into frenzy mode, triple sparking or using genie to boost their crit rate. If your genie is in cd, you can expect massive damage output, no matter 40k phys def and same HP.

I rather get killed by wizard or psy then sin. Psy's are b:shocked Wizard can be mean too tho but with their channeling they have harder time then psy, even tho they have one advantage and that is (genie's) spark, poison, undine strike combo. Great for by passing charms but doesn't work always, need to be really patient when trying to do this.

For TW, you can always switch your gear around. Not that it matters much when you go against catalyst of course, but you can still do it lol
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I didn't know kiting someone without killing them was an achievement, especially if you're rank 9.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    I didn't know kiting someone without killing them was an achievement, especially if you're rank 9.

I'm full vit build with phy. attk rings, he was vit sage barb build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Demon_troll - Harshlands
    Demon_troll - Harshlands Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    stupid **** why don't you answer me!!! -.-
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'm full vit build with phy. attk rings, he was vit sage barb build.

50 vit isn't full vit build. ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    stupid **** why don't you answer me!!! -.-

I'll answer you if you give me your true identity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Burnout - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    50 vit isn't full vit build. ijs.

Oh dam.

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2012
    I'll answer you if you give me your true identity.

this is my true identity now -.-!
    edited January 2012
    i get mad at you people ignore me!
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    do you just post on random threads for attention?