Change the rules for INI edits

Comments

• Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    No, dont change it, ban ppls who mess with it.
    Why?
    Becouse Im evil ;..;

Shoo evil one D:<
  • Abhaal - Heavens Tear
    Abhaal - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    No, dont change it, ban ppls who mess with it.
    Why?
    Becouse Im evil ;..;

I wanna be evil too! Hell no to the INI edits! GMs get some bans going! Ban the people who edit toons for art too! b:chuckle
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Shoo you, evil people.

*bump*
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I be bumping this topic Dx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ansatsushaa - Archosaur
    Ansatsushaa - Archosaur Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Bump

Please b:sadb:surrender It would be nice to be able to have a freedom of even a few more edits (eg/tb hair/eyes/eyemakeup from older races) b:victory <3 Designing characters without the basic 9 presets on other games is one of the things that sets this game above all others in my opinion. True customization is one of the best features this game offers and if some how it were possible. It would be nice to allow (eg/tb hair/eyes/eyemakeup from older races) for all races. Not split them up into separate areas of "this group gets this, but can't have these." b:thanks
    Rebirthed: Ansatsushaa Sage Psy & OhMonDieu Demon Mystic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the sexy siggy I'm seriously stoked!<3b:thanks
  • BLcKLiGhT - Heavens Tear
    BLcKLiGhT - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    full support, i miss being called BLcKLiGhT for a reason.

my black skin made me, who i was. etc.

but no, i had a hater that wanted me banned for the faction i was in, so i was forced to change it.

srsly, wanna be more like PWcn? they have uber skinny characters, and huge heads.
    even the gm characters that post the screen shots.
  • beautyperfection
    beautyperfection Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    b:lipcurl
  • scaniat164v8
    scaniat164v8 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    but what if the ppl go around very thin and dont do PVP?

i mean, i dont do edit yet cuz im scared for a ban, but i dont do pvp, i wear armor with lightning aura, and i have checked it out in modification with scroll, that with thin body i am more noticeable then with normal barb body....

so my question: would it be alowed if u dont PK, PVP, and wear lightning aura armor fulltime? (one piece of lightning walking around, would be cool)

here a screeny of what i mean, how can you miss this one runnin around? one ball of lightning :P

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3864/lightningtiger.jpg
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    but what if the ppl go around very thin and dont do PVP?

i mean, i dont do edit yet cuz im scared for a ban, but i dont do pvp, i wear armor with lightning aura, and i have checked it out in modification with scroll, that with thin body i am more noticeable then with normal barb body....

so my question: would it be alowed if u dont PK, PVP, and wear lightning aura armor fulltime? (one piece of lightning walking around, would be cool)

here a screeny of what i mean, how can you miss this one runnin around? one ball of lightning :P

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3864/lightningtiger.jpg

NO, these kinds of edits are exactly the kind of reason they don't want people messing around with the ini files. You wouldn't be more noticeable if everyone ran around like that, and you'd be hard to click. Besides that, they couldn't allow one segment of the population do it but ban it for pvp people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • scaniat164v8
    scaniat164v8 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    so even for the people who DONT do PVP?
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    NO, these kinds of edits are exactly the kind of reason they don't want people messing around with the ini files. You wouldn't be more noticeable if everyone ran around like that, and you'd be hard to click. Besides that, they couldn't allow one segment of the population do it but ban it for pvp people.

Teeeeechnically... They never gave us a reason why they don't want to change the rule. At this point, the players are assuming why and letting PWE slink around without so much as a word on the subject. They figure we should be happy with "Because I said so".

Another reason to make that argument invalid? Think about all those servers that are already allowed to freely do this. Yea, sure, PWCN has been around forever and we were created after it with the rule... But then the EU servers were born, after us, WITHOUT the rule. Very suspicious, IMHO.

Honestly, after they put the new fashion from that poll, I haven't even been bothered to buy Zen. If that's all they want us for, why should I comply?
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Teeeeechnically... They never gave us a reason why they don't want to change the rule. At this point, the players are assuming why and letting PWE slink around without so much as a word on the subject. They figure we should be happy with "Because I said so".

They said it would be too much work to keep checking what is allowed and what not...
    But ya, it's a lame reason.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    They said it would be too much work to keep checking what is allowed and what not...
    But ya, it's a lame reason.

Lame or not, it's a legitimate reason. With all the delays we currently have with support, do you really want to increase the workload and make them even less responsive?b:surrender
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Lame or not, it's a legitimate reason. With all the delays we currently have with support, do you really want to increase the workload and make them even less responsive?b:surrender

I would like some freaking seeker eyes for my beautiful veno ><
    edited January 2012
    so even for the people who DONT do PVP?

Yes, that is what the petition is for, the rules are the same for everyone. Currently, nobody is allowed to edit. And even if they did, you won't see those kinds of edits more than likely as it's an abuse of the body system. If they let you do it, they'd have to let people who pvp do it too.

and for the record, they did give a reason. It was a super lame one, that nobody likes, but claiming they didn't when they did doesn't help get the rule changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You do realize, I have been saying that same statement for a few pages of this thread. No one could be bothered to correct that a few pages ago? I ,either, read this thread to fast and missed it or it was posted in one of those baby threads that gets shoved to the back.

Posting about anything won't even get the rule changed. They just won't do it. It's that simple: If it's free, it won't happen. People QQ'd about the nurse fashion for a few weeks, -poof- it's in. We've been QQing for almost a year about this and nothing has changed.

This company cares not what the F2P players do. Taking R9 parts out of the DQ shop? Making it so you can't choose the colors of the fashion you buy? All of the packs that were placed in, making it so gold skyrocketed to 2m ea(Feel free to prove me wrong without using things for the players that didn't involve PWE racking up money.)?

I'm cranky, I'm pissy, I'm stupid, whatever. If the main company lets their country's servers do this, why not us? The excuse for everything is that it has to go back to China. PWCN has played like this for a while. Are their admins banning people for .ini editing? No, they SHOW OFF people who .ini edit, proudly. :/

tl;dr?: BEST. SCAM. EVER. JK, but something needs to change. This rule is just as stupid as putting "DO NOT TURN OVER" on the bottom of a tiramisu package.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »

changing the rules wouldn't increase the workload. It would decrease it.

Instead of having to enforce bans on many many people who have harmless INI edits, only a select few with the harmful edits would have to be punished. By what logic would that create a heavier workload?
    edited January 2012
    changing the rules wouldn't increase the workload. It would decrease it.

Instead of having to enforce bans on many many people who have harmless INI edits, only a select few with the harmful edits would have to be punished. By what logic would that create a heavier workload?

TBH i've never seen anyone banned for it, unless a bunch of people intentionally ticketed that person because they didn't like them. I know people there are probably people who have done it for years, and they even had an unofficial rule that it wasn't against the rules to post pictures of ini edits because it could be photoshop....and now that the ini edits are allowed on the Euro version, Frankie has said as much flatout, that its okay to post em. I seriously doubt that they get a lot of tickets about things like eg eyes now. If they allowed everyone to do it within certain limitations though, you'd immediately have a ton of people breaking the few rules they did setup to go alongside the change, all the time.

I actually think having the Euro server have different rules actually kinda hurts this cause, because I bet they think people are going to just switch servers if they like it so much. Yeah, i'm gonna leave behind two years of working on my character for a haircut......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I was just wondering... What would happen if we all just start doing it and just gather around somewhere to prove we can .ini edit without abusing it? Just make a new character (or account if you don't have a less usefull one yet), all go to the same server, and all gather around on one spot with .ini edits we would like on our own character... It's not like they'll ban around 200 ppl (if that much show up) and even if they do there's no use into banning otherwise empty accounts either...

Or why not make rules of what is and isn't allowed and pick a handfull of fultime, trustworthy players to keep an eye out for the extreme .ini abusers... They could even make a sticky with codes that are allowed or something... Or let some that already know how to awesomely .ini edit stuff make presets from wich ppl can work on...

I understand that they don't like to have creapy stick figures or annything else unnatural running around here but if we can prove that we can handle this responsibly they could at least allow some edits like hair or eyes, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Bumping this.

Does anyone know how the hell to get powder-white skin for a character? Using the powder-white color for hair still leaves the skin a pale flesh color, like a "white person"
  • Moonlight_xo - Heavens Tear
    Moonlight_xo - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I wonder if they will ever allow it, I voted yes.

I want genesis eyes on my cleric ;__;
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I said this before:

If they allow .ini edits their work will decrease, why? Because actually they ban every kind of edits, even the ones that we, the community, think that It's abusable, but if they start to allow .ini edits they only will ban the ones that we think that are abusable, like super thin chars, super fat chars or super small chars, thing that THEY ALREAD DO.

I see a lot of lv90+ that use slim chars like the ones that we see in the PWCH pics, that's OBVIOUS that the player edited that char on the .ini, so ignore this topic and edit your char how much that you want, if they ban you because of that you can sue the PWI in the justice and you will win for sure. It's so obvious that the PWI don't care about our opinions. Truth said.

Judge: so why you the PWI removed that player account and don't reimburse the money that he spent with the game?
    PWI: because he edited his character eyes to blue.
    Judge:...
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    edit your char how much that you want, if they ban you because of that you can sue the PWI in the justice and you will win for sure

<buzzer> Wrong.

Direct copy/paste from the terms of service...
    4. Propreitary Rights

PWE is the owner of the Website, the Games, the Software and the Service, which are protected by US and international law including copyright laws. All rights and title in and to the Website, the Game, the Software and the Service, all features and content thereof (including without limitation any user accounts, titles, computer code, files, game software, client and server software, tools, patches, updates, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, storylines, objects, content, text, dialogue, catch phrases, themes, locations, concepts, artwork, designs, graphics, pictures, video, animation, sounds, music, musical, compositions, sound recordings, audio-visual effects, information, data, documentation, , "applets", chat transcripts, character profile information, game play, and recordings ) and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively the "Proprietary Materials") are the proprietary property of PWE or its licensors and are protected by U.S. and international copyright and other proprietary rights laws. In the event that you make any modifications, adaptations or derivative works of any kind to the Proprietary Materials (the "Modifications"), whether authorized or unauthorized, you understand and agree that you shall retain no rights of any kind in and to such Modifications and that all rights therein shall belong solely to PWE. You hereby assign and transfer to PWE, without any compensation, any and all rights you may have in and to such Modifications.
    19. Indemnification

You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless PWE, its independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and their respective directors, employees, agents, partners, affiliates, and subsidiaries, from and against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or related to any User Content you post, store or otherwise transmit on or through the Website, your conduct, your violations of these Terms, any misuse of the Service, or your violation of the rights of any third party.

In other words, PWE owns your entire account and everything in it. If you get banned for ini editing or any other reason, you can NOT sue them for it. Until PWE says otherwise, if ever, ini editing is not allowed. Period.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Judge: so why you the PWI removed that player account and don't reimburse the money that he spent with the game?

From the terms of service...
    In the event your Account is terminated or canceled for any reason, or for no reason, no refund will be granted, no online time or other credits (e.g., points in an online game) will be credited to you or converted to cash or other form of reimbursement, and you will have no further access to your Account. Any delinquent or unpaid accounts or accounts with unresolved disputes must be settled before PWE may allow you to register again.
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^

By your text I belive that youre 14 years old or less.

What you quoted is nosense, why?
    Do you know why bots are illegal in the game? It's not because It is unfair to the other players, It's because for you run a bot you have to EDIT certain game codes for let your char work with that behaviour, the game have software rights like any other kind of software, so you can't modify anything inside of the game.

But this is different for the .ini

The .ini are allocated INSIDE of your computer, this is an error of the Perfect World company, edit the .ini is the same than you edit your PW folder, so they will ban you because you changed the name of your Perfect World folder to "My Game"? I don't think so. Also editing the .ini doesn't bring any harm to the game involvement Itself, unless that you create SUPER FAT or SUPER SLIM chars because the game wasn't made to work with those kind of structures.

You still don't understood? Another example them.

You can't put human textures on tideborns using the .ini because the game don't reconize that, for do this you have to **** the game somehow, then we enter in the same case of the bots. In fact if the devs want they can unlock all the avaible hairstyles for all the avaible races, like how WB's can use some kind of hairstyles.

And a free lession for your life, those contracts and user agreements are all b:fatb and don't have any value beside Federal Constitution and Codes and Consumer Rights, It's the same thing of stores that say that they aren't responsable if someone steals your stuff, congratulations, you just won a lollipop.
  • Pazi_Ujedam - Raging Tide
    Pazi_Ujedam - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It depends on the kind of editing. The game would look pretty ugly really fast if you allow characters with extreme proportions but I don't think anyone really minds earthguard / tideborn hair or eyes.

Edit: example of what I don't want to see http://i.imgur.com/21dPZ.png

bwahahahahab:laugh nice charb:chuckle
    edited January 2012
    Stuff.

Bzzz, wrong. Just as movie theater can throw you out without a refund for being disruptive, or a bar/cub can throw you without a refund for being disorderly, PWI can ban you without a refund for violating their terms of service. Just because its at your house doesn't mean its not their property. It is still their property, when you download a client your are essentially renting the game. Some even charge your a fee for it, others let your do it for free such as PWI. If you make any modifications to it's game files that PWI doesn't allow, they can ban you. The judge would care less if you really really wanted your eyes blue, just like they could careless that thugs want to wear their saggy pants in a club that disallows certain types of clothing on it's premises. If you switch into them on the premise and you are caught and cause a scene, they can throw you out and do not have to give a refund. You forfeited by not honoring your end of the implicit contract. In the case of PWI, they have even more ground to stand on because you literally did sign an agreement with them.

Changing a desktop icon is not the same thing. A desktop icon is a file created by you, on your machine, to make navigating your computer easier.

What your talking about in terms of a real life example is if you rent a book from the library.

If you put the book inside a colorful box and place it on a shelf, you've made it much easier to locate the book. The box is the icon and you put it prominently in your vision so you don't have to look for it, on the computer this would be the desktop. In your house, it's the bookshelf.

Now, if you decide you don't like the illustration job on the book, you cannot just color on it. The library owns that book, it is not yours. If you do color on it, the library has the right to ban you from ever entering it again. If you paid money for a library card, you will not be receiving a refund. It doesn't matter how long you've been a customer, or how much money you paid to be able to rent books. You violated your end of the contract, and forfeited the right to use that service.

The metaphor is not perfect and now i'm sure a bunch of people will pick on little flaws, but the concept is the same. You do not own the files to this game, just because it's at your house doesn't mean you can do whatever you want to it. It's not your property, it's PWIs. If they ban you from using their stuff again because you violate their rules, they do not owe you a refund. Your the one that broke the contract, so the burden of the costs of breaking it falls on you, not PWI. If you decide ini edit, do so at your own risk. I personally haven't really seen anyone banned for it, but it is bannable. If you do get banned, you have no one to blame but yourself and you can't expect a refund. PWI is perfectly within their legal rights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The .ini are allocated INSIDE of your computer, this is an error of the Perfect World company, edit the .ini is the same than you edit your PW folder, so they will ban you because you changed the name of your Perfect World folder to "My Game"? I don't think so.

Wrong.

even thou the .ini file are located inside ur computer, but the changes can be seen by everyone in-game, and you can't get the changes with normal edit throu Character Creation screen;

while changing your PW folder to "My Game" or "My Lollipop" can only be seen on ur PC screen only.
    Also editing the .ini doesn't bring any harm to the game involvement Itself, unless that you create SUPER FAT or SUPER SLIM chars because the game wasn't made to work with those kind of structures.

The main focus here is not wether it bring any harm or not, the main focus is just simply change it.

Just because many ppl has edited their .ini file and hasnt been touched by GM doesnt meant they 100% allow it, even thou its just to change the eye part or whatever part of the body.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • ezurnight
    ezurnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I vote yes i hope this thread dosent die until color ini editing is allowed b:beg
  • Vivaci - Dreamweaver
    Vivaci - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    *kills off all the bickering lawyers*

None of that legal contract junk. Only happy things are allowed in here. b:beg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆~Playing PWI since march 2009~☆
This discussion has been closed.