New players are spoiled !

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    One guy, lvl 31 left my faction in FB29 because i was going through and teaching him. He told me "hurry up I dont have all day". I told him we could do it when he had the time then. he didnt like that so he left. One week later the guy is 101 with an R9+12 weapon/+8 armor and in one of the top TW factions.

WTF. Either it was an alt or a TW faction picked up a noob heh.

Not that Nirvana is all that difficult, but the plvl noobs really show in BH100s well. Its super annoying, and I only had WC spammers on my blacklist prior to 100. I now have all kinds of fail toons on my blacklist.

I've seen many toons leave factions cause the higher levels won't plvl them. I used to repeatedly say, that once I see you play in a group, and you prove to me you've learned your class, Ill run you through FF for free a few times. The amount of toons that weren't up for that was shocking. The 15+ toons I ran through a bunch of times got a ton of levels, and went on to be successful 80+.

I did a 9 Trials run with a former faction. I asked why we werent debuffing the relfect and etc. I was told that if I don't like it, I can come back at higher levels. They didnt make it past Trial 2.

I could write a book on my thoughts and experiences with the plvl noobs, however I can say a few points, having leveled toons "Back in the Day" and current.

It sucked trying to level 60+ back in the day, even with Zhen and Solo AoE. BH did not make it much better. 80+ was like forget it.

It's almost too easy now to level. It almost swung to hard the other way.

The people who skip all those levels are not only missing skill, but some of the kick (donkey) experiences and challenges the game has to offer. There is more to the game than FF and Nirvana.

I have a huge friends list. I imagine the people who skip everything don't - must be lonely or frustrating to find groups for stuff.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I have a huge friends list. I imagine the people who skip everything don't - must be lonely or frustrating to find groups for stuff.

Not hard for a lvl 100 5.0 +10 sin, bm, barb, archer, whatever else can get 5.0 to have a huge friends list just from world chat XD. (I know from personal experience on this as for this bm I skipped over everything so I could get to 10x, but then again I originally started on Heaven's Tear so I knew how to play my bm)
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Not hard for a lvl 100 5.0 +10 sin, bm, barb, archer, whatever else can get 5.0 to have a huge friends list just from world chat XD. (I know from personal experience on this as for this bm I skipped over everything so I could get to 10x, but then again I originally started on Heaven's Tear so I knew how to play my bm)

Most of the quality people I know aren't WC spammers by far. The group I ended up FFing from 95-100 was more of a "It's late and my faction is asleep" accident than anything. I still seek them and a few others out first to group with daily.

I have 1 5.0 Archer Id group with. Because they're willing to switch to using a bow.

And dunno, every time I RB with a random group from WC (Call me crazy, I like to make new friends, although its rare...), 95% of the time its super fail. When I do a fac/friends list RB, its so pro its boring. Most of the quality came from fac mates, friends of friends, friends of fac mates, etc - very rarely WC.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I have to totally agree with this. Player now want everything instantly, just given to them. They refuse to earn anything. I miss the old days with players that were willing to learn and would do things with same level parties. Getting wiped by bosses was some of the most fun I ever had in this game.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    I miss the old days with players that HAD* to learn and

*Fixed. Otherwise they usually went no where or people avoided them.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    *Fixed. Otherwise they usually went no where or people avoided them.

True. Good luck avoiding them now though.b:surrender
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I remember soloing a 60ish's psychic's BHes in PandoraBX for a long time. We got him to 70, then he asked for us to do his TTs FOR HIM. I never did his TT runs, but I did end up having to solo almost every BH he did. I'd always ask for him to get a squad.

When he got his gear handed to him he just quit. Never came back.

Worldchat:
    XX:LFS BH51
    XX:LFS BH51
    5 minutes later:

XX whispers: hey can u pls halp me

I had to single-handedly solo almost one of his 51s or he would whine, moan and complain about it to fac. I forgot why the leader didn't just boot him.

Edit: I see ALOT less BH squads being worldchatted for, but I see more people at BH place in Archosaur.

Are you really trying to place the blame on the psy? As far as I am concerned... its your own fault that you helped him when asked. Damn... can you get any more whipped?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Most of the quality people I know aren't WC spammers by far. The group I ended up FFing from 95-100 was more of a "It's late and my faction is asleep" accident than anything. I still seek them and a few others out first to group with daily.

I have 1 5.0 Archer Id group with. Because they're willing to switch to using a bow.

And dunno, every time I RB with a random group from WC (Call me crazy, I like to make new friends, although its rare...), 95% of the time its super fail. When I do a fac/friends list RB, its so pro its boring. Most of the quality came from fac mates, friends of friends, friends of fac mates, etc - very rarely WC.

Ehhh...amazingly enough (call it dumb luck) I don't have any fails on my friends list. Most of the people I run with are semi-pro/pro/godly at their class (or from their gear making it look that way) that I never have any worries with them.

Though I normally avoid Rebirth...more or less because I don't like ANY squad I get in there unless I know it's a TW guild's squad (cause at least then I know it'll have organization and I won't be the guy that has to go "OH ****, RUN" when the tank or w/e drops dead and nobody but me seems to be able to hold aggro =.=).

As for my 90-100 group...that was from faction mates. I was shortly after the earthguard expansion, one of my friends and I was in a competetion to see who could get to 101 first (I won xD). He had left his veno for a seeker, and had gotten ahead of me so we started doing full runs (since I knew what to expect from the bosses from having done lvl 80 full frost runs on Heaven's Tear way back in the day), so he would do as I instructed and when I hit 99 dear lord did I love it xD. I was **** that place so fast that I hit lvl 100 in no time and then I was 101 before I ever realized what had happened x3 (but then again I got a rule that is, if I get over 15% on a character I go for the next lvl like a starving wolf goes after the first thing it sees as food). Now starting the new year I am finally getting a chance to work on upgrading everything to my final stance end-game armor for this BM. Hopefully it won't take too long as I want to see how much HP I can put on this bm xD.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    New players seem really inexperienced. I have 3 6x alts, a Seeker, Cleric and Archer. I dont even know how to play these classes amazingly, and I already think I'm better than a lot of the other people I run bh51 with because they have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. I miss the days when I was leveling my veno or barb last year when BH was something a whole squad of players in range could complete together, even if there were idiots before I dont remember dying as much on either of my first two characters as I have on my 6x alts. Maybe its just the classes, and because I know a lot more about the game than pretty much the whole squad, I have experience with some very annoying people... I've had bms who cant tank run into groups of mobs and not even aggro all of them and expect me to heal. I've refrained from attacking for a while before just auto attacking, using no skills or 2 spark on my archer and still stolen aggro. Maybe it's because the last time I was 6x for BH you always had a barb and cleric or gtfo. Even if those players sucked, if you had a bad barb and good cleric you'd be okay, if you had a good barb and bad cleric you'd be fine. But the last BH51 I did on my cleric has pretty made me want to swear off doing BH with a squad instead of clearing the place in minutes with my veno. One player kept complaining "My 9x friend is still in frost!" even as we filled up the last spot. There was another higher level cleric in squad and she didnt seem to know what she was doing so I kinda took over... even though she was higher level she didnt even have all the AoE buffs and kept buffing over mine with single buffs. We died a few times, and I have no idea how but their ignorance of the cave was getting on my nerves. I had to pretty much show them the way around, and they kept aggroing mobs that I have always avoided. Except they dont properly aggro mobs, yell at me to heal, and end up dying while I get the healing aggro for trying to save their butts anyways.
    Another minor complaint, I find it quite funny having to remind venos to amp and watch them fail at luring... wait, no I don't -.-; Luring used to be a thing venos would always do now when someone says "lure" everyone stands around waiting for someone to bring out their zeal while a veno is without their pet even out. And if you do get them to lure they dont even know how to do it right, when it's not rocket science. I've practiced this on mobs since I was 2x, the internet and people are great places for information... but people rather go through things ignorant, instead resorting to higher level friends to just help them through BH/Frost/whatever without intending to ever give anything back. These kinds of people have been around since I joined, they just seem a lot more common now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Why do people talk about 51 like it's so difficult? It's not if you know what you're doing in that level range. I never had a problem with it back when gear standards were lower and at level squads were the norm. Now people even wine 59.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Now people even wine 59.

Haha I showed people all the ways around the spawns a month ago. It blew their minds.

"You mean you did this unwined without higher levels?"
  • _Rysan_ - Lost City
    _Rysan_ - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well to be honest not everyone is like that ive met quite a few low lvl newbies like myself who arnt really like that. So far ive tried to solo as much bosses as i can with help of my heal, pots n genie. But i understand what you guys mean seen it happen before on a previous mmos with high lvl players with gud CS gear still askin for higher lvl help for a a lvl20 cave to give u an idea of it il put in pw terms an all +5 NV barb asking a +12 R9 barb to help him in fb29 (belive it or not)

But yea as the game gets older n ppl get better gear they wud wanna help out in order to show off or expose to newbs the what the game is really like and forget to let them try on there own therefore newbs tend to think they suck so bad n needs someone to hold there hand until they get the same gear n lvl so its not fully the newbs falt its the vets so yea that how it is but you guys shouldnt be surprised with know things like..

the barb that replies wtf is fleash ream? O_0
    the all attack cleric that says clerics are the mages of pwi with the highest dph and healing is a waste beacuse he cant heal or res himself
    the ppl that ask a veno for res buff
    the mystic that thinks its a sin to heal n cragg is a waste of 30 sec of there life
    the sin that wants to know when he can learn soul burn n whats the cost
    the archer that wants to know how to aoe stunlock in melee range
    ect
    so yh no surprise there
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Why do people talk about 51 like it's so difficult? It's not if you know what you're doing in that level range. I never had a problem with it back when gear standards were lower and at level squads were the norm. Now people even wine 59.

I personally don't care about wining 59 either way, but on a time budget, I'll wine it. 5 bosses with like 20ish mobs in each room can be tedious with a dumbarse squad. Then again... and on fbs, no one wants to help unless it's wined. As for 51... it's not hard at all unwined, lol. I mean... 39 has more mobs than 51 and no one wines that. The lowbie instances aren't hard at all, but everyone is lazy and wants to be done in 5 mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    my condition on helping ppl is : DO NOT WINE IT..... many ppl just dont want help in that case :P

Dunno Wining instances takes the last bit of fun for me, cause tbh bosses are a joke every1 sparks and boss drops dead in 10 secs, mob groups however of different lvls are still fun :)

And i love the challenge.... meaningless to do everything the easy way.

tho i have yet to do an unwined abaddon all bosses... mite do that in the next few days, when there is abaddon bh.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    51 isn't difficult, but Wyvern is rough without purify as he AMPS the tank. And, as we all know, mystics are not Clerics and do not possess purify or BB which is another typical cleric move on Wyvern.

OP wanted a mystic to heal a seeker with "nearly 5k" hp as well as keep the BM alive assuming he didn't out aggro the Seeker while keeping self alive (salvation buff spam) and in range of the tank to heal him. Heal plants are great but they DIE to AoE so it would be pure heal spam to keep these guys up.

Let's repeat to ourselves:

Mystics are great and can heal many things, but they are not clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The exaggerations in this thread are funny. You'd think every single low level BH is filled with nubs crying out for high levels to solo it and demanding help. In reality that's not the case. I've been there a lot lately with my alt when I returned to the game recently. And it's true, only at level 69 did I find my first BH squad that didn't have some sort of higher level helping.

However, what actually happens is that I'd spam "making group for bh29/39/51" literally for hours while maybe getting one or two random members to my squad. At this point, a bored Rank 9 sin or such class with nothing better to do will whisper and offer help. What would you do? I can tell my squad that I've declined the help and force them to wait another hour or two while I shout endlessly, or I can accept the help, get the bh done and everyone can continue their lives. Bh29 squads in particular will NEVER fill, and high level help is almost required.

Sadly, heads have killed BH. Lower levels don't do BH as much thanks to heads and finding a full squad is a nightmare. Some higher levels even offer help because they know how hard it is for lower levels to find squads.

And as for fail players. Not really any more than there was 2 or 3 years ago. So far on my alt I've seen one barb with lv1 flesh ream, and people still don't use arcanes for bh59. That's it. Seen worse in the past tbh, the players who do BH and avoid heads are usually relatively competent and willing to learn.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i havnt yet met up with such noobs o.o

personally i would like to just for my amusement tho. Who knows what i might say to break their ego b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    New players are so fail these days sadly, I just solo / multiclient solo my own BH on my veno and barb and its a lot more better than teaming up with noobs that can't play their classes correctly, when they think "high lvl" is the only way to pass a BOUNTY HUNTER is an excuse for extreme failure. Come on... Are you friggen kidding me? You can't complete an instance with ease that is 10 levels below you? You suck.

Even when the squad does well, some person invites a high level for easy 29, 39 and 51 -.-. Its really annoying. I wish the devs changed the BH system AND make only people around the level range instead so people could stop relying on higher levels... What will they do at high LVL? Same thing, just only look for "uber" more like OP gear with high refines.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Adorable - Harshlands
    Adorable - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Thou shall not be hypocritical.
    It is human nature -- to take shortcuts.
    ESPECIALLY when they're handed to you on a silver platter.
    Widely known, advertised and accessible shortcuts.

It is just as human as being thirsty or horny.

Players wouldn't be spoiled if there were inevitable restrictions, would they?
    You are just unable to enter FC being under level 75; you don't get the kill in BH if it's done by a character 10 levels higher than the actual BH level range,... and so on.

Otherwise -- just don't whine OR judge. Be fair with yourself: that's just the way the things are.
    As long as there's a cheat or a shortcut, the majority of humans will exploit it.
    We were just created as such.

We can't blame new players for facing so much sweet opportunities to leap to the end-game stage only because "in good ole days we had to work harder for this *cough cough *****"
    Since 2008
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Let's see...

I tanked BH51 on my Barb (derp).

I tanked BH51 on my BM.

I tanked BH51 on my Sin...

I tanked BH51 on my Archer......

I didn't tank BH51 on my Cleric. I tried once, it ended in laughter.

TBH, I read the OP's post and got something totally different out of it.

Yes, the Mystic doesn't have Purify. Yes, the Mystics healing salad will die to AOE.

But... That's REALLY not the POINT.

If this were (hypothetically speaking) a 2008 like environment, without hyper leveling and the ability to hit 100 in ****ing 2 days, that squad would have gone in and just done it. Forget if it was successful or not, they would have at least tried.

The spirit of 'lets try it' is gone.

The hypocrisy of players now is a bit ridiculous, people get free exp all day long from BH and what-not, some got a very very very large amount from goons, yet they cry a ****ing RIVER if they die and can't get a level 11 rez.

I stopped helping low level BH groups when I stopped being able to find them for some of my alts, I got kicked from them 'for a high level' a few too many times, and simply because it's faster, easier, and much less of a headache to just run them for myself or have a factionmate take just me on one.

Once again, the players are killing this game, the devs are just helping it along.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's 10 times more fun to run a BH with people of that BH's level range rather than following some cs'd 5APS sin who runs at 10m/s. You could probably just set follow-mode and afk except the sin runs too fast.

But in the mystic's defense, it is a bit dangerous to go for Wyvern with no purify.

To be honest the majority of BHs that I do are filled with people of the same level range. I get a high level maybe 20% of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • BabaORiley - Dreamweaver
    BabaORiley - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's not the new player's fault, it is how the game is now structured. People always take the path of least resistance. It is just too easy to pay, beg, or befriend a high level to complete an instance for you, and Heads makes levels 1-100 pointless.

Other MMO's have structures that prevent this. So PW is a brave new experiment , we will have to wait a few years to see if it is successful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The exodus is here
    The happy ones are near
    BabaORiley
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Of course there many high level will help, since most of the time they just idle around after reaching 100+ R8 / R9 / Nirvana or bankrupt with no money for end game gear. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Adorable - Harshlands
    Adorable - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's not the new player's fault, it is how the game is now structured. People always take the path of least resistance. It is just too easy to pay, beg, or befriend a high level to complete an instance for you, and Heads makes levels 1-100 pointless.

Other MMO's have structures that prevent this. So PW is a brave new experiment , we will have to wait a few years to see if it is successful.

Yep, just what I said here earlier.
    Since 2008
  • Etaerc - Lost City
    Etaerc - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    .. This has always been the case for PW. Even when the game was released people were carrying fb19's at 4x. Everyone remembers FB_HELP chat. Blame no instance level caps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    So long story short,I recently created an alt,for fun,blah blah etc etc

Welcome to 2009.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's 10 times more fun to run a BH with people of that BH's level range rather than following some cs'd 5APS sin who runs at 10m/s. You could probably just set follow-mode and afk except the sin runs too fast.

But in the mystic's defense, it is a bit dangerous to go for Wyvern with no purify.

To be honest the majority of BHs that I do are filled with people of the same level range. I get a high level maybe 20% of the time.

Aye that's exactly my point.Almost always the higher level will leave nothing but an empty dungeon behind, and BH turns into a boring walk.

Its not a problem for veteran players,but for new players its kinda like playing the game for them,high levels should help only when its really needed and not just because some players are so damn lazy.

I remember my old days back in 2009 on BH39 and 51,so many squad wipes,so many ragequits,so many disasters,lol yeah it was hard sometimes but it was also an invaluable experience that no high level playing the babysitter can give.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Aye that's exactly my point.Almost always the higher level will leave nothing but an empty dungeon behind, and BH turns into a boring walk.

Its not a problem for veteran players,but for new players its kinda like playing the game for them,high levels should help only when its really needed and not just because some players are so damn lazy.

I remember my old days back in 2009 on BH39 and 51,so many squad wipes,so many ragequits,so many disasters,lol yeah it was hard sometimes but it was also an invaluable experience that no high level playing the babysitter can give.

And I get called an unhelpful **** because I won't help lowbies do their BH unless theres a disaster :/ (Cleric leaves and they can't find another or something, you know the sort of deal).

Fackking n00bs make me wanna cry at times b:sadb:angryb:sad
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Mesro - Heavens Tear
    Mesro - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Ive been playin the game a little while now, and I find it hard at times to get a squad for any BH really. I plan to when Im 100+, and have nothing hardly to do, Ill help the lower levels with their BHs and whatnot. I might go full r9 eventually. If I can, Id like to figure out how to make my r9 without payin $1500-1800 real life money. I also am gonna solo FF when I hit either 95 or 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Ive been playin the game a little while now, and I find it hard at times to get a squad for any BH really. I plan to when Im 100+, and have nothing hardly to do, Ill help the lower levels with their BHs and whatnot. I might go full r9 eventually. If I can, Id like to figure out how to make my r9 without payin $1500-1800 real life money. I also am gonna solo FF when I hit either 95 or 100.

Yeah, cause there aren't many people left in the BH29/39/51 level range anymore.

They all either Hypered to 100, Frosted to 100, Oracled to 100, or otherwise powerleveled to 100.

Honestly, it can be less than fun running a BH for some nubs. There are squads with suicidal Sins and Archers, Clerics that insist upon spam healing you BEFORE you can aggro all of the mobs, and sometimes squads where barbs or BM's or whatever will try to aggro so much to try to just kill you (which doesn't ever work...)

I've even been kicked from a squad after clearing to a boss, just to have the squad leader reinvite me 'because we can't kill the boss on our own QQ' (which I turned them down, told them to do it on their own).

Look, these instances have a number. 19, 29, 39, 51, 59, 69, 79, 89, 99. There is an actual REASON for that. If you had a Barb, cleric, maybe a BM, and some DD's that are all that level, you should be able to successfully run that instance. FB19 is really, really difficult, but if 5 venos and a cleric can clear FB19 all at level 19, then it should be much easier with a Barb.

If you are level 6x and BH51 is CONFOUNDING you, you are seriously doing something wrong. I can understand if you have a barb that's half naked and a cleric who is missing half a brain, but it should still be something you can actually do with a squad of nothing but level 51 players.

Anyway...

Mesro, you're gonna have some fun doing FCC solo at 95. Shocktrooper is going to faceroll you. A lot. And by a lot, I mean... Well it depends. If you are charmless and a pure Dex build, every single ****ing time. If you have a charm and have 10k HP, then you will be successful, but you will burn some charm. And by some charm, I mean 10 runs will pretty much be the end of that charm.

Get some Apo to help, and make sure you've got 4.0 or 5.0 sparked before you try to really solo Shocktrooper.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level