Client Randomly Crashing

Atlantasia - Sanctuary
Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Support Desk
This is starting to highly annoy me, because lately whenever I'm in arch on any of my toons, the client crashes, no bug report, nothing, just gone. My ping is not bad, its not from lag, just boom and its gone. Its getting highly annoying, I run to go buy something... gone and have to wait for safetylock again, I go to trade someone, same thing, or sell to catshops after farming. b:cry It'd be fine if it was only a couple times a day but yesterday this happened over ten times in a span of 3 hours x.x; and most of those hours were not spent in arch... Any ideas? I've verified the client... >.<
Post edited by Atlantasia - Sanctuary on

Comments

• BlindDoll - Harshlands
    BlindDoll - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Happens to me too :/
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    I have a large thread I started on this.

I have been fighting with PWI support for well over a year on this issue. They insist that it's hardware/driver/setting related, even after I've proven that this is not the case.

So far it looks like it's a memory leak issue, but we, (the players), are still testing to see what the actual cause is since PWE refuses to.

Document everything and submit tickets.
    If they close your ticket, open a new one.
    My hope is that eventually someone will figure it out and get a clue, but I'm not holding my breath.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jamesplotts
    jamesplotts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Speaking of memory leaks, I have noticed one. When I am logged on with my Fjolsvith character, and have one of my quests selected, and go to the map, there are little icons that show where the quest goals are located (like the monsters, dig items, etc.)

I log off Fjolsvith and logged on with one of my alts, pull up the map, and those quest icons for the Fjolsvith character are still there on the alt character.
  • Sydewinder - Dreamweaver
    Sydewinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Ty for providing the link. I actually found this thread because jamesplotts wrote 'icons' in their mesg X), so thank you as well, James. I have been experiencing the same strange crash-type on the Dreamweaver Server as well though, but thought it was just me. I'll take you're advice.
    What demon fights for good, drinks with elves, & feasts with crows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:shocked~ If Life is but a dream, What happens if I wake you?? ~b:shocked
  • Christianlej - Sanctuary
    Christianlej - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    try update your graphic driver, i`m using Linux and need to play like 12 hours for get an crash... I just know that it`s your system or something that you installed, any program that make`s it crash or don`t work well, try reinstall the game and clear your regedit with any program that do it like ccleaner after that reinstall the game. and have good luck in this Windows Xp. b:chuckle