Useless class? Or what are psys good for?

Dr_amen - Sanctuary
Dr_amen - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Psychic
Why did the devs even made them?

Just another Magical class which is not really needed in my opinion so far, can be easely replaces from venos, wizards, mystics or clerics.

WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT PSYS? what makes them worth to have?
Post edited by Dr_amen - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    b:laugh

Trolly troll is funny.

Psychics are (arguably) the most over powered caster class at Rank 9 with refines due to Soul of Silence proc rate nearing 33%. This means every third hit someone makes on someone with SoS on them, will seal them. They AoE stun, can AoE Spam (all attacks but maybe 4 are AoE), can hit almost as hard as a Wizard, are fast casting, can prevent someone from wanting to attack/heal/anything by Soulburning, can go immune to physical attacks, and boost their own def level massively, serving as secondary tank. They have powerful DoT spells, can decrease the time between someone's charm tick, can AOE PURIFY with IH effect, increase the amount a tank gets healed and time between THEIR charm ticks.... It's a PvP class designed for mass PvP and it excels at it. Also excels at Warsong, Delta, FCC, and any other AoE heavy instance.

Best part?

We fly freaking fast!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    If its useless for u then y do u even care b:bye

No matter wat we say u wont b convinced anyways b:surrender
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    lol....not even gonna bother....
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissTriss - Harshlands
    MissTriss - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I would have to agree. I find that the psy is the perfect counter to all the stupid herp derp aps sins. My psys current gear is full nirvana +5 and +6, and facing a BM, or Sin of greater gear (Like my own sin who is +10 and +11) if im prepared, as with any class you can't have everything on cooldown on you, 8/10 I'd say I'd win. Admittedly using a 2nd cast lunar nirvana weapon +12, but thats not the point. b:surrender
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    b:laugh

Trolly troll is funny.

Psychics are (arguably) the most over powered caster class at Rank 9 with refines due to Soul of Silence proc rate nearing 33%. This means every third hit someone makes on someone with SoS on them, will seal them. They AoE stun, can AoE Spam (all attacks but maybe 6 are AoE), can hit almost as hard as a Wizard, are fast casting, can prevent someone from wanting to attack/heal/anything by Soulburning, can go immune to physical attacks, and boost their own def level massively, serving as secondary tank. They have powerful DoT spells, can decrease the time between someone's charm tick, can AOE PURIFY with IH effect, increase the amount a tank gets healed and time between THEIR charm ticks.... It's a PvP class designed for mass PvP and it excels at it. Also excels at Warsong, Delta, FCC, and any other AoE heavy instance.

Best part?

We fly freaking fast!
    PWNED dat troll
    and you do know that b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Psychics were born to destroy pk and tws...... b:cute
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    As people have already said, AoE purify, great AoE ability, sage SoV can be great in aoe instances as well I guess, and psys are one of the top DDs in TW, not to mention they have more dps than clerics and wizzies in PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Why did the devs even made them?

Just another Magical class which is not really needed in my opinion so far, can be easely replaces from venos, wizards, mystics or clerics.

WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT PSYS? what makes them worth to have?

My (then) 84 Psychic w/ NPC gear tanked and killed the 89 Bosses for one of my alts. I really think that's not too bad.
  • endlesspsy
    endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    a rank9 archer will kill a Psy so fast if its not +12 and jade of defense. and 99.9% of Psy made is not that. So yea Psy are usless because of the expensive PWI system.
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    endlesspsy wrote: »
    a rank9 archer will kill a Psy so fast if its not +12 and jade of defense. and 99.9% of Psy made is not that. So yea Psy are usless because of the expensive PWI system.

orly? That archer probly havent seen real psy yet!
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011

Seriously? I defeated atleast 16 95+ archers in just last TW b:bye
    Either the psy u r talking about isnt good enough or archer is hax b:chuckle

Edit:yes it was with 84 psy
  • Vicarcher - Heavens Tear
    Vicarcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    id hv to agree with Artix psy V archer same gear r9 +12 are semi locked unless mssive crits start hapining as well as in TW i belive you in tw most archers get dumb and cocky when they need to realize there suroundings im not guna call myself a psy killer but ive handled some fish in my time :Db:kiss
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Ninja archer FTW b:cute
  • gollumpk
    gollumpk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    psys are kings of tbs , as u got so many low cooldown aoe nukes...
    atleast that was the case when i used to play this game :), nowadays dunno , how much r9 affects the game

but i would say , psys should be one of the few classes that really really get something out of r9 + high refines :)
  • Lady_Dyanna - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Dyanna - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    PWNED dat troll
    and you do know that b:victory
    LOL.b:laugh
  • monkeysir35
    monkeysir35 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Kinda sad that all the other classes are getting soulforce too, from what I heard.
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2011

I frequently PK with r9 archers. It is a simple matter of who is prepared and skilled. If I get the drop on him... I can easily kill a full +12 JoSD r9 archer with mag orns. Not a problem.

And yes, he hits hard, but in white voodoo I can tank physical for... ever.
  • Scorf_Wade - Sanctuary
    Scorf_Wade - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2011

lol lmao
  • kaiendaitenshi
    kaiendaitenshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think its an another version of Wizard, for those who are too tired of long Wizard's channeling. I had been trying both classes, and Psychic became my main very fast, due to fast channeling (0.5sec the shortest), short cooldown time (3sec the shortest), AoE Ironheart Blessing effect and knock-back skill at early level.

Wizard doesnt fit to me at all : / Before the Tideborns I used to play Veno - she got faster channeling than Wizard, truth to be told.

I think Psychic isnt useless - it's just caster class for fast-channeling fans ^^
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I frequently PK with r9 archers. It is a simple matter of who is prepared and skilled. If I get the drop on him... I can easily kill a full +12 JoSD r9 archer with mag orns. Not a problem.

And yes, he hits hard, but in white voodoo I can tank physical for... ever.

I agree. I was fighting with my 101 psy with R8 against full R9 archer +12. He killed me, but it was hard fight. Once he had to even run away from me, because 1 hit was missing to kill him. So he run away. Then he killed me, but it was fight like 1 minute. I can tell psy has much, much better survivability than wizies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    P$YCHIC$ 4re the |)e$troyer$ in PWI
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I wanna make one, for PvP, mostly against assassins as psyhic does big damage and returns lotsa debuffs, But i can't afford Rank 9
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hello?
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I wanna make one, for PvP, mostly against assassins as psyhic does big damage and returns lotsa debuffs, But i can't afford Rank 9
    So make one. R8 is affordable and pretty good gear if you can't afford R9. R9 isn't the only gear the game has.

Psy are awesome!!

Hello?
    Hello =]
  • tripotelios
    tripotelios Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Personally speaking i find psys and wizards exactly the same and to be honest physics are far better than wizards, but i cant understand why in Raging Tides physics are getting fewer and in delta squads dont want a psy, their aoes are OP.
    Also which caster(not r9) is able to solo fc at 100 and earn money?(exept venos pro ones)
    Physics can solo instances, can make MASSIVE DAMAGE,
  • Cathyx - Raging Tide
    Cathyx - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Psychics are best think ever XD b:dirty <3
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Psychics are best think ever XD b:dirty <3

what can i sayy abouttt thisss
  • Tenchi_XD - Raging Tide
    Tenchi_XD - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think psys are one of the most awesome class in pwi, I love the fast channeling. I dont have a good gear because even mobs with 10-15 levels over my psy, can't touch me(except from archers XD).
    Today 6 sin duel me (yes, I know pk its different, but...) and every single of them kill themselves (maybe they were just bad). =D
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    this thread is a turn on. i love it when trolls flame for glory. psy's r used to wipe ur *** at night op.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Personally speaking i find psys and wizards exactly the same and to be honest physics are far better than wizards

the entire reason wizzies went extinct in PWI b:surrender people need to do their homework
    not gonna argue with the second fact cuz personally I do prefer psychics over wizards...but wizards = psychics?
    trololol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.