Things you believed when you started

Options
124»

Comments

• L_grimmjow_l - Archosaur
    L_grimmjow_l - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    b:surrender my 1st day i made two classes a barb and a wizzy i thougt i barb was for DD and i thougt mag made your skills mor epower full.....so i ended up making a HA/ARC barb with no hp..... my wizzy i was ok stating wise but my friend who had helped me in my 19-29 culti i thougt for te longist time he was a wizzy til one day when i was like 30ish i just shout at him WHY U GOT BUTTERFLY WINGS AND A BALL FOR A WEAPON....he simply said cos im a psychic....it took me about 2 hrs after that to find out that he was not joking and there was a psychic classb:cry
  • Bloody_Eve_ - Sanctuary
    Bloody_Eve_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    For me, when I started 3 years ago, it was what can only be called true irony.... That a fist BM is the worst most worthless BM build you could make..... so much so that most guides wouldnt even bother to list the skills for the fist build.

Also, that one pet is as good as any other pet so I kept my starter wolfkin until lvl 74.

That all those WC squads looking to help you with your FBs were just people looking to be helpful.

Not knowing how to lvl pet heal, rez and tame, also not knowing you could lvl the pets skills.

Not understanding why Plumeshot did so well against IMR mobs.

Wondering why elves had to lvl flight mastery to fly as fast as everyone else using CS flyers

Wasting spirit and coin lvling flight mastery to make my CS wings fly faster.

Not noticing that they had added auto pathing to the quests, I honestly just thought they added the green text to highlight the important stuff.
  • Ajaa - Heavens Tear
    Ajaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Believing my faction mates, that were running my veno through her fb59, that I would have to fight the lightning guy all by myself. I was clicking and clicking. Faction mates were laughing and laughing. I was kind of disappointed that it was just a joke, cause I was all ready to do battle.

Didn't know male toons couldn't be carried until I got my teen-level male blademaster stuck in a town surrounded by level 90 mobs. My male winged elf friend (can't remember what class), came over to try and help.

Stating dex into my veno, because I liked the idea of having crit. I still have to restat her.
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Believing my faction mates, that were running my veno through her fb59, that I would have to fight the lightning guy all by myself. I was clicking and clicking. Faction mates were laughing and laughing.

Had the same done to me, and have done it, with infinite glee, to any player I'm reasonably sure is actually new to the game and not, y'know, someone's alt. Makes me grin every time, and most of the new players actually laugh too in the end.

One thing I distinctly remember believing for the longest ( okay, so the first... 10 levels maybe ) time was that the starter Elf wings were a one-time deal, as in, fly until that little blue bar is depleted and that's it. I flew from the Elf starter town toward Plume, flopped down like a particularly feathery sack of stones, and walked the rest of the way.

Then I uneqipped the wings because I thought they were "dead" and that I had to buy new ones somewhere... saw the back then quite hefty price tag attached to the wings you can buy from that NPC in Plume.

Subsequently, I walked everywhere for the next 10 levels.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ^ Dayum!
    I didn't know that flight mastery only made the normal elf wings go as fast as CS wings... not the eagle ones b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When I was 60, I actually argued with another cleric about why I shouldn't be purifying on Krimson since it took my time away from using Ironheart... Silly me. b:surrender

Still to squishy for what? You could kill guards 1vs1 with that gear.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Amixia - Lost City
    Amixia - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When I started I used to sell everything I found on the ground. I thought I was super rich when I got 100k. b:sad
  • DreamDrops - Dreamweaver
    DreamDrops - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    1st Char was a HUGE FAIL lol, at lvl 30 got Crazy stones quest at lvl 46 gave up as could not collect all the same lvl stones from drops to complete the list required. NO ONE told me you could buy them oh boy FAIL....lol

ps & we do not even want to think of the stat's muddle lol
    There are NO Adults in this World,

Just old Children, with Wrinkles b:chuckle
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lol i remember when i first my bm way back in the day and my friend/guildie after 6months of playing and we were maybe 5x by then finally convinced me (an only axe bm as most were 3 yrs ago) to start using fists also. We would go get into random bh squads when bh first came out and get kicked from squad for "oh wow these noob bms are using fists..they gonna be worthless" lol

took me til about lvl 30 until i figured out what the weird fairy looking was that kept following me around everywhere.

took me again about til lvl 30 to figure how to learn new skills so i lvled that first bm skill to lvl 8 with no other skills and thought i was pro.

also i miss being RPKed constantly in grinding/questing areas from lvl 30-80 at least times a day and getting so mad it only made me want to get better myself so i could defend myself. ANd adjusting to it as more of a initiation or rite of passage to play on a PvP server and couldnt wait to get high lvl so i could go back to those spots and pick on lowbies all day just so they can go wat i went through lol.

when jewelscalen and eyes of krimson were the hardest most epic bosses that needed full high lvl squads to be able to kill (high lvl meaning 8x back then)

spending hrs and hrs on mob drop quests just because i couldnt see the items in my iventory and didnt know how to bring up quest log to check # out of 20 drops lol

spending over a week when i first started taking at least an hr a day each day wasting time double clicking herbs without a pickaxe trying to farm them, thinkin that one day it would finally let me farm them like i saw other players do.

and for now last but not least, when i finally realized that at low lvls the only way to grind without constant death from poison mobs was to use life powders....so thinking i was unstoppable cuz i was lvl 30 with life powders....only to have a random CQ or RQ member come kill me everytime i started to accomplish sumthing.......

gotta love the good ol days :)
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    the first most annoying thing, tht quest where you had to fly up tht plume tree for tht chest
    i had no clue how to fly up xDD spend atleast an houre there till i figured it out b:surrender

-dex obviously like the other tried keeping attributes points balanced
    -went searching for more "giant monsters" after i saw swordtamer i tried them all out around lvl 7x ish xD
    -i kept staring at the pk button thinking for what it might be, and yep when someone killed me i found out for what it is Lol.
    - Didn't know how to buy gold in AH
    - what in godsname was wine
    -I liked the LA lvl 2x gear more than the AA one xD
    -fb29 boss *why is this moron trowing rocks at me*
    and lots more lol been a while can't rly remember the rest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Cacilie - Heavens Tear
    Cacilie - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I remember i got my first plat MP charm for 6 gold and put it on my first char [my psy] and was grinding for like lvl 50 or something in swiftwind and then i usedbubble of life cause i forgot hp pots and i saw my mp go up and i went OH WOW IT HEALS MY MP TOO I NEVER HAVE TO BUY POTS AGAIN

then like 2 days later i went oh **** b:cry
  • NoyesR - Heavens Tear
    NoyesR - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Putting 2 in str. 2 in dex. and 1 in vit. in my barb thinking being able to hit something was more important as a tank than not dying pretty much instantly. Changed that at about lvl 40b:chuckle
  • Seacoral - Sanctuary
    Seacoral - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Oh the memories...

-Hours spent wandering around finding quest mobs before autopath was implemented...

-A rather long time trying to bramble my pet, being infuriated that it didn't work b:angry

-Thinking the two 5x players that did my FB19 were the most godly people ever...then thinking I was amazing for having managed to solo that cave in my late 40's...

-Saw Sword Tamer one day...wondered what the [?] level meant...decided to poke it b:surrender

-Spent hours trying to figure out how to sell stuff to a catshop b:cry

-Was amazed at my awesomeness for being able to turn into a fox b:shy

-Finally restatted all the random points I'd put in dex back where they should be b:victory
    Proud forum lurker since 2008 b:avoid
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My 1st toon was a cleric. I thought you needed dexterity to hit things with magic. Boy was I wrong.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Pirundirune - Heavens Tear
    Pirundirune - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I thought dex made me run faster... b:sad
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Not knowing how to dual client until...yup...my current level of 100. A friend finally showed me.
    I thought it took 2 computers. XD

You can do it with one?
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Chirokee - Archosaur
    Chirokee - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i thought Safe Zone can protect you from mobs (safe zone.. its safe there, isnt it? <.<). So when i got this quest with those really hard wolves (around Silk Ridge, Untamed fb19) and i couldnt kill them, i tried to run to Wellspring village.. and thought i could be safe Q__Q well, i died at the teleporter...

Also i had a faction mate who did fb51 for the first time. And i told him he should stick to the walls, so that he has max range to mobs and they cant aggro him. Since then, when he was chased by mobs, he always searched for a wall to run to... cause he thought he would be safe there xD
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    was like a lvl 15 on my very first char. and was on one of the first tele quests and went to RT and thought "hey" why not go swimming! Ended up gettin eaten at the Dragon temple entrance b:shocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I remember rolling my wiz and put stat points in everything, alternating the extra point. I also thought the ONLY way to get gear was to buy from npc's and from mob drops. Just like someone said before, I too thought I could tame a wild horse and keep it as a mount. I also remember getting very excited over my first glowing weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    my first toon was an archer and I just kept adding 1 to all the stats on a rotational basis so it would even my stats out, it took me ages to figure out why he was nifty with a sword but **** with a bow. I still have him but abandoned him at level 36 where he will stay as a reminder.

in my first FC with my barb I didn't realise surf impact was an aoe skill and I used it in the big room on the boss, squad wipe but I blamed it on the person getting the hands b:chuckle
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    SonofAnarchy, I got lucky sort of like that - during one of the archosaur events I used 'buffudling mist' on my veno on the boss thinking I'd help out. Suffice to say I became instantly red named for attacking every person at the boss and was pk'd out of the event. I QQ'd to everyone who was pking me about what I'd accidentally done and why, and they all gave me my (****) stuff back that I'd dropped.

I surely would have used it at the fc boss if I hadn't of done it earlier....

The thing is, it doesnt say AOE anywhere in the skill description, but it is........
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Back in PW MY, when I made my first newbie BM. I was in etherblade looking around the city, when I saw a veno on quest reward manta ray. Was the first flyer I ever saw I think, and I was like omg I'm gonna get one of those for my bm someday :DDD

(and this was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the day, when the richest peeps were only just starting to get TT90 armor and everyone was awed by it)
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI