Things you believed when you started

Options

Comments

• Ayida_ - Heavens Tear
    Ayida_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When I was around level 11 I took a walk and came across a world boss. Not sure what it was, I walked up and slapped it.
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When I was around level 11 I took a walk and came across a world boss. Not sure what it was, I walked up and slapped it.

b:laugh I did the same thing on my first char, an archer
    ran into Ceminator and was gonna shoot it with an arrow for kicks, then escape into the sky

the shooting part went well...not so much the escape part

it stripped me of my mp (and therefore my ability to fly with natural elf wings) first THEN killed me b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I remember thinking how cool TW sounded and asked someone if I could watch one thinking it was probably in the world map somewhere.

I didn't cotton on to 'identifying item' unitl probably level 60 of this char. Until then I thought that 'unidentified' on gears meant it was some hidden attribute we couldn't see.

Like most people, I've used spare gold to by things that sell for 1/4 the price using tokens.

I've rolled an archer and a sin that I deleted in their 50's due to poor stat allocation and choice of skills.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    you and me both!
    i started off on LC, because i knew *nothing* about PvP/PvE, and it was first on the list. i ran my veno up into her early 30s, but was going crazy because at that time RageQuit had a KOS out on all clerics and venos...and i had both. it was late december when i finally couldnt take it any more, the stress of constantly being kills by players i didnt know, and had never done anything to hurt.

i had just used the Christmas money my parents had given me, to buy mounts, aerogear clothes....and i had to leave. a friend had explained what the two kinds of servers were like, and i opted for Heaven'sTear, and have been here ever since. im a little mad i wasted that time on LC, i would be up in my 90s by now, most likely, if i hadnt wasted time on a killer server. here, its safe, and reasonable...if you want to get killed, its your choice, not shot in the back murder by a PKer.

Well, reading this thread makes me feel less stupid about all those magic points on my first BM. b:chuckle

The very first character I made was an archer on the Lost City server, which I never ended up playing because my roommate then explained to me the difference between PvP and PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I remember thinking how cool TW sounded and asked someone if I could watch one thinking it was probably in the world map somewhere.

lmao I did that too...except I wasn't smart enough to ask someone

ended up running around Plume for an hour looking for the fight b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That the game was in better hands than cubizone (my-en). LOL WRONG.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lmao I did that too...except I wasn't smart enough to ask someone

ended up running around Plume for an hour looking for the fight b:laugh

I ended up flying around looking for the battle as well. Lol. b:laughb:surrender .
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I kept wondering why some days my skills worked, and some days they didn't. Then around level 18 I realized a Pole-blade wasn't a Barbarian approved weapon.

I had huge stockpiles of things like Buddha's Hands, because, you know, one day when I figured out what they were for, I'd be ready.

I thought it was a silly design choice to never have any of the mobs ever attack you until you attacked them first, so I started ignoring them, until I suddenly realized I was being chased by 3 high-level mobs that could have easily 1-hit me.

I used to think anybody selling stacks of Logs, or other low-level mats, must have bought them from the cash-shop, and thus that must be the way people exchanged their Gold into coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I thought venos were supposed to wear LA

Only venos could lure because I had never had a gold genie

That venos were actually wanted in squads because they can amp and debuff

And that venos without hercs were at all welcome to play after lvl 80

Considering that 90% of the venos I squad with wouldn't know how to turn into a fox (cause then you can't see their fash Q_Q) let alone use amp or purge, its no wonder I hardly ever see them in squads these days.

I used to believe that it would take me forever to get to lvl 89, which used to be high lvl, as there were no hypers and NO ONE wanted a veno in FF (back when people actually ran the whole instance *gasp*) and coincidentally my veno is still lvl80.

I didn't know you could filter chat streams independently for a long time.

For a long time I had no idea what SoT meant (Seat of Torment) since no one I knew was over lvl 89 let alone over 100 for the bh. Until hypers came out people really didn't WC much for bh100.

I thought I'd never get to 35,000 rep b:chuckle

I used to think they would update the graphics, but they just made a **** game with better graphics instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I Didn't Know You Could Filter Chat Streams Independently For A Long Time. lol, Me Too.

For A Long Time I Had No Idea What Sot Meant (seat Of Torment) Since No One I Knew Was Over Lvl 89 Let Alone Over 100 For The Bh. Until Hypers Came Out People Really Didn't Wc Much For Bh100. first Time I Heard Sot. We Just Call It Seat On My Server.

• Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I had no idea what the Height pop-up was for when you get on your flyer. I also didnt know how to manually go lower. I used the space bar to go higher and cancelled my flyer/brought it back out to go lower.
  • Quuenia - Heavens Tear
    Quuenia - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I started playing around 2008's old-jolly-event for haloween.
    that brought two issues: at first, i had no damn idea what those "angels" were. no mob ever dropped one. then i saw the high level vipions above bamboo village...aham, curse you, you flying mobs drop angels, i cannot kill you...curse you unfair game...

i chose a cleric as my toon, but ...weirdly enough i was 100%sure that it was actually an arcer (plume shot). so...uhmmm yeah, dexterity as main stat...pumps an insanely ammount of dexterity, some magic, some strenght,goes light armour,higher resist mwahahah. i learned ironheart blessing and i considered it extremely BAD compared to the wonderful pureheart blessing. but, that....doesn't make sense: what a crappy archer, heals, buffs...ohhhh wait a min...*poker face*

and about jolly event.i got my belssing and with that big attack level, even my "sick" cleric could kill everything with no issues. when it expired, my attack was not the same anymore so i just quited for 1 month, thinking they nerfed the game, completely forgeting that the blessing was gone.
  • Silberfluss - Dreamweaver
    Silberfluss - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    as veno, i thought if i lvl my wolven pup very high lvl, it will grow to a huge big bad wolf,
    like the cube of fate-wolven npc in lost b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lynzeya - Dreamweaver
    Lynzeya - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thinking anyone with a high post count was probably a secret insider of the game and being starstruck when I saw them in game. Go ahead, ask Zanryu and Decus. Because I remember totally doing that to them. "OMG! You're Zanryu!!!!" "You're that guy that does math!"

Lolthis ^
    Venus, I was so like that with PenutButer, since he was in one of Cheze's TT videoes.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vixter - harshlands:
    hey, i got a good idea, lets complain about gas prices, since thats also something we have no control over!

<3 proud to be autistic! /watch?v=Q7lJ8ioD2-g Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    At first I tried Archer & Cleric.
    When I realized that Clerics didn't need arrows to use Plume Shot I was like *** off nub archer *picks cleric* lmao.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i used to belive barb where to be the true tank of pwi back then boy was i wrongb:surrender
  • YuuhiKurenai - Sanctuary
    YuuhiKurenai - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My first (and still my main) char was a cleric, I remember watching some group of ppl go into cave of vicious and I followed them just to find out they disappeared (obviously I was not in squad with them), then this cactus 1 shoted me and I was like.. b:shocked I'll never come inside this thing again.. (Did my FB19 around lvl 40 lol..)
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lets see I made both the classic mistakes of bad stat allocation and wrong weapons.
    I also didn't know you would get your free flying gear at lvl 30.

This led to a pretty silly situation back in December 2008 when there was this Christmas event for which you could get a quest at lvl 20+ thing is you had to go to 1k streams to get it.
    Now I was like level 28 or 29 and since I didn't know about the flying gear at lvl 30 I walked to 1k streams several times for this quest and turning in parts of it.
    It was actually pretty challenging to dodge all the high level mobs on my way there and I only died a few times on my first run there.

And I also thought flying would consume special stones before I got to lvl 30 and actually flew.
    This later turned out to be chi stones to refill the acceleration mode for flying.

And lastly I had no idea how agro worked so I was a pure human form barb with fairly bad stat distribution from lvl 1-60.
  • Stellula - Sanctuary
    Stellula - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I pulled the same well-rounded-stat-point error on my first character also.

I remember being frustrated that I could not equip my pickaxe as a weapon, and thinking I must just not be high enough level to use it yet.

On my first fb19, it was back in the days when high levels (in their 80's at that time) would hang out by the caves asking to help. I hit 19 and was so excited to have a squad full of high levels in a major faction help me through the cave. We got to the end and they told me to tab and I went, "What's that?" They all abandoned me there.

My wizard got buffed by a cleric in the faction Regicide before I knew what buffs were. I was in awe of this character named Regicide, with the fancy symbol by their name and their weird ability to give me fancy colorful blocks next to my name.

There was that scary time when my husband and I perched our characters on the edge of a cliff, wondering if we'd die if we fell off.

Also, I used to think those "weird pink and orange balloony cats" were some kind of in-game advertising and refused to click on one, thinking it would give me a pop up ad or something.
  • Tripo - Raging Tide
    Tripo - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When i started i was a cleric since ony untamed/elves/human existed. I didnt know what heal does. How to make friends,how to answer in a whisper, how to dued. I was totally a noob. And sometimes when you make new char you see that the skills arent shown in bars? i was fighting with hits on cleric OMG
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hmm thought of some more.

First character was a cleric and I wondered why I couldn't heal/purify veno pets.
    I didn't know how to stop flight so I would go all the way to the ground (yes I figured out how to go up and down before figuring out how to land) and hope that it would automatically stop. It didnt. I thought the only way to get flight to stop was relogging.
    I wore level 2x LA on my cleric well into my 50s because I didn't know and it looked pretty. ;_; Every time I needed it repaired I bought a new set cus I didn't know you could repair it, lul.
    When packs first came out, I didn't know the price of anything so I sold bluck tokens, wing trophy and something else really rare for about 5mil altogether... I can't believe that lol.
    I tried to learn archer skills on my cleric so she could be badass healing and using a bow.
    For some reason, when I started a Bm and got the flyer for it at lv 30 I couldn't figure out how to fly even tho I made a cleric that I knew how to fly with...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Adding magic on my barb, classic...

Yeah, I pulled that one too.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When I was 60, I actually argued with another cleric about why I shouldn't be purifying on Krimson since it took my time away from using Ironheart... Silly me. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • eli84
    eli84 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When i started as a Human, I fell in love with a girl who guided me threw alot. She added me to friend list, I spent looking for her all day to surprise not knowing refresh info can help find one. If only it was still like that, A surprise..
  • kruze999
    kruze999 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When i started, i was questing near wibrant cliff and then i saw a blademaster flying over my head with flaming sword flying thing, over her name i saw "Conqueror" i thought "i want to be like her one day" but then i didnt know that clerics cant fly with swords and when i was in decent TW guild levels, Conquerors were conquered all the land and they vanished. And that even wasn't my firs toon..
    True story

post above me ^ creepy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    When I started I believed this was the best mmo I had played so far (it was). I though it had decently balanced pvp compared to every mmo I had played so far (it did). Those no longer hold true however. The devs made sure of that.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I brought one wine to my FB59, cause no one told me I needed two, nor did I see it anywhere on the forums.

To this day, those players still remember that, and whenever we do a FB/BH they ask if I remembered to bring TWO wines. Never gonna live that down.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Yondarys - Dreamweaver
    Yondarys - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It took me about a month and a half before i figured out i could join a squad for help (came from ru.ne.sc.ap.e as my only other mmo) so i had been grinding on random mobs for about 2 months before i did my first fb.

Luckily only a few points of mag

Kind of off topic but once I tried to mouse over an actual bug crawling across my screen to check its stats.
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe! ~Carl Sagan~
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    [QUOTE=Yondarys - Dreamweaver;15844321

Kind of off topic but once I tried to mouse over an actual bug crawling across my screen to check its stats.[/QUOTE]

This made me LOL. But only because i've been guilty of the same thing.b:chuckle

For the life of me i couldn't find where to get more arrows,(hadnt made it to plume yet, still in starter area) and ended up getting a level 1 sword as a drop and whacking the mobs when i ran out of arrows.b:laugh

On my FB 19, i kept going to the cave trying to solo the mobs. I had no idea I needed a squad. I could manage to kill that first scorpion, but dangit, the second one always came with it and killed me. Stupid game, how do they expect me to do this! After several deaths I finally just gave up. I think i was near level 30 before i figured out i needed a squad (and how to get one) before i finally done my fb 19.b:surrender
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    dual blade cleric till lv20 b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan