Things you believed when you started

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My first class was a barb, I thought they main weapons were fist/clawsb:chuckle, my veno had a lot of dex because I thought skills could miss, I always expected to get a shield as blademaster (shields is my favorite piece of armor) I was so disappointed when someone told me this game never had shieldsb:surrender
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Wall of text. Fair Warning, and these are my nooby moments.

My first character was my cleric. Plume shot is supposed to do physical damage, so I statted str. for it. I also statted dex to increase accuracy, evasion, and magical and physical (still thinking plume shot) crit rate. Lol. I had to restat...

Not knowing how to fly high for a bit, so I crept up hills.

Thinking I was a member of dynasty, since they owned the land with battlemark village on it.

Thinking equinox and tempest were the enemies since they were surrounding it, and trying to fly back to the lands where my dynasty was since that was my home. Lol. (Come on. Dynasty...sounds like something that'd be in a game, and tempest sounds like some type of enemy. XD)

Not knowing how to create or leave a squad for some time.

Picking up dual blades and wielding them to kill mobs. This continued on until I tried to heal, and lo and behold, it didn't work. XD. I learned right then and there that clerics need magic weapons. Lol.

Thinking that blessing of the purehearted was the greatest heal and that wellspring and ironheart sucked.

Not knowing how to talk in chat.

Running from buffs because I thought it was an attack from a mob.

Meditating, going afk, coming back buffed, and thinking that meditating long enough improves concentration to such a point that you get buffs. (Guess what I tried....)

Trying to meditate in the water.

Trying to meditate in the air. (I'm a winged elf. XD)

Not knowing how to kite until around my 50's or 60's.

Trying to tame horses for a mount on my veno.

Trying to tame rabbits, pups, and everything else.

Trying to tame the riding wolf for a mount. XD

Trying to go into fox form at level 1 on my veno, then circling the whole city before I found out how to get into city of the lost. Spent a good deal of time there asking people how to go into fox form....no one answered me.....

Looking at the world map and thinking the wraithgate was the endgame area.

Expecting for Cennques Polearm and Damned Gaurnob to be in the twin towers of darkness by etherblade. (I was reading the forums, knew of them, and wasn't looking forward to them.)

Thinking dipter was the king of bosses. ( Saw him around level 40's.)

Not doing bh because I didn't know how. I didn't start them regularly until around my 50's...and got Myraidtail Wyvern as my first regularly run bh...odd considering that you usually get Farren, Herc, and Calcid at that range.

Not having any gear beyond npc grade until a friend of mines taught me in my late 50's, because I didn't know how.

Thinking I would die if I fell from max height, or that I'd take damage from the elements around.

Flying into lunar by accident, and thinking I found a super secret area that no one else knew about.

Not knowing that only half damage is done from the air.

Wondering WTF? when I saw that gear needed to be repaired.

Trying to tame multiple pets on my veno with only 2 cages open....

Not knowing what mirages are, or the other celestones.

Thinking a perfect stone was a very rare artifact, and that the various types of celestones were as well.

Trying to farm items without a pickaxe. (Didn't realize the merchant has 3 tabs, so I didn't see it. Figured the merchant have gave it to me somehow since I spoke to him.)

Refusing squad invites because I thought it was a faction invite, and I KNEW I was in dynasty. XD (Level 14 cleric belongs to one of the most powerful factions around in dreamweaver...yeah right. Lol.)

Wondering why my chat was white, and why wc was yellow.

Not knowing how to whisper or talk in squad.

Not knowing how to take screenshots until level 30's.

Not knowing how to see the damage log until....my current level...level 100...and just learned it a few weeks ago. XD

Not knowing how to fix customizations so you can see everyone's customization until level 30's.

Seeing a bloodthirsty shark (orange named), and thinking its a boss.

Talking to the archer trainer to learn a combination of archer and cleric skills on my cleric. XD

Thinking the elder in plume was a part of dynasty. LMAO.

Seeing someone named dynasty, and haming admiration, because I thought they were the leader of my faction.

Thinking that somehow going to city of lost, archosaur, or one of the other cities would somehow take me to other servers, so tried to avoid it. (First MMORPG, and the cities have the same name as the servers. Lol.)

Finally understanding that each server has an identical map, but flew everywhere....including from plume to etherblade, to city of the lost, and back to plume because teleporting was really expensive.

Thinking that my wings would take damage, so I sought to avoid air battles when I could.

Trying to figure out how to save the game. (I know I'm not the only one. Lol.)

Not knowing what a charm did.

Thinking I was somewhat epic when I got the glowing blue weapon. Lol.

Wondering wth happened to my weapon when it was finally buffed by a seeker and had the time limit counter on it.

Not having a genie on my cleric until level 14. I didn't know how to get one. Lol.

Not knowing how to use the genie for even longer.

Thinking the server had no humans, or untamed since all I saw were clerics and archers. (tideborn and earthguard didn't exist then.)

Not knowing how to dual client until...yup...my current level of 100. A friend finally showed me.
    I thought it took 2 computers. XD

Actually NOT wanting a zeal genie because I hated how it looked. Now I love the zeal that I bought. Lol.

Not knowing how to recharge the genie.

Not knowing about the elemental weaknesses for a while.

Thinking I had an elemental weakness since my cleric uses metal attacks. XD

Not knowing how to get to where I needed to go on my psy, sin, mystic, or seeker....so they were lost.

Thinking secret frostcovered ground was fc, and didn't want to be a hyper noob.

Not knowing how to use hypers until level 76.

Not knowing where fc was until level 76.

Continually checking on my secret palace in lunar...now I avoid it like the plague...500k fee for what? Freaking chips as a bh reward...no thank you.

Not knowing what the buttons did when you pressed them.

Thinking lunar teleport took you to the moon...

Trying to fly into instances that are closed down, and thinking I was too low leveled to get in.

Trying to do a quest, landing on top of secret passage, and being teleported inside of it. Then panicking, and wondering how to get out...so I followed some people further inside of it, and realized I didn't want to go that way, so I ventured towards the shiny bright teleporter.

Opening the map inside of instances, and going wtf?, since I never did, and still don't understand it. Map doesn't even show me where I am.

My first time in bh29, sins started without me, and mobs had respawned. The sins were high leveled and I knew they could stealth, so I was upset that they ran through and didn't clear. Didn't know the mobs respawn. Turns out they really didn't clear. They literally ran through, and I was expected to do the same. .__.

Seeing people white, red, and pink named, and thinking they must be very high leveled, and after finding out that they actually weren't, then wondering how I could get my name like theirs, then upon finding out that they pk'ed people, I thought it was a glitch, and was wondering if they could kill me too, so I avoided them. (I was blue named too. XD)

Thinking a duel would take me into pk state...

Not knowing how to trade.

Not knowing how to open a catshop.

Not knowing how to use shards.

Thinking a beautiful shard was one of the elite shards....

Saving shabby, average and common shards.... (Still didn't know how to use them,)

Not knowing how to use the forges....any of them.

Thinking the Khatra pup would attack me.... (Better safe then sorry.)

Thinking sage rez and sage IH would help get me into nirvy....

Not knowing what HF stood for.

Trying to help a sin in OHT map, and thinking he was in Heaven's Tear by silver pool....

Not knowing how to whisper people.

Thinking shards causes the green glow found on TT weapons.

Not buying rank 1 gear because I couldn't see its stats.

Having read about skills, and wondering if defeating the faction Tempest, would be a level 59 quest to obtain my skill Tempest.

There is more, but we'll go with that for now. Looking back, I was a noob. LMAO.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Wall of text.

You repeated yourself in there. IJS.

Not buying gold at 100k each when I had a few million to spare. b:cry
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • CyanideTail - Heavens Tear
    CyanideTail - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    on my previous game before PWI we have something to train on it, similar looking to a catshop. First time I was in City of the lost, seeing all that catshops, my first thought was to jump on them b:surrender
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    hmm lemme think

Magic points on a Bm and barb

Wandering around trying to get to main cities and getting hopelessly lost, and attacking level 40 mobs thinking eventually they would die.

wacking things with my magic weapon on veno and cleric

cant remember much more D:
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I thought that being a HA Veno was good... back during CBT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GodoFroid - Lost City
    GodoFroid - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    first time i did fb was 19, and got help from some high level guys, when we got to the boss they told me ok now talk to the pillar and get the quest. and i tought oh the pillar it was at the entrance i saw it XD and started running back to the starting of cave and everyone was like WTF is this noob going b:shocked i didnt know theres another pillar next to the boss
  • Bluluv - Dreamweaver
    Bluluv - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My first faction took me to my first TT, and told me that if you run into the hands they'll kill mobs following you and heal your char....and I believed it b:surrender
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I thought the elves would have to fight against the untamed and human on a server wide battle and going into Etherblade or Lost could get me killed.

I choose to be one of the elves because we can fly and we got range attacks. b:surrender I didn't know I couldn't use a bow at the time.
  • Meimeixo - Heavens Tear
    Meimeixo - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I had a whole lot of noob moments, but here's just a few =.=

Statting my veno to every piece of armor I picked up from mobs... I was an AA/LA/HA hybrid T_T

Thinking that wearing fash meant replacing armor, so I was like pshh I'll never buy it, that's so dumb!

Not knowing how to rotate viewpoint with mouse, so I jumped into water every time I wanted to change which direction I was looking at..

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Haha yea, I remember looking very sceptically at my stats too to see if fashion replaced my armor xD

Another noob thing I did was as soon as I entered a territory I was like: O___O Oh ****, important sounding name. Ruuun before someone of them comes and charges you a fee for entering their land. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well...I guess i wasn't as noobish when i started as some people...but that might of been because I had this thing of reading any form of information I could find for what I started as...

But uhm...I guess the noobish thing I ever had was I never knew how to go into a catshop until somebody told me it was an emote feature when i was like lvl 50.....
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I can't be the only one that was a total nubshyt when I started playing.

I didn't know that you could sell gold when I started and I saw that teles were expensive in the cats (like 20k or something) and I was like oh wow this is expensive so I bought 10 gold and spent it all on teles directly from the boutique.

Anyone else have stories?

OMG AND.
    When my friend and I both started venos together we both had HP charms (Bronze 4 lyf!) and we discovered that using soul trans when your MP got low would fill your MP to full and we were like OMG WE FOUND A GLITCH HAHA GO US GLITCH ABUSE - but then we learned it was ticking our hp charms like mad haha.

I came to PWI from *Cough*. In *Cough* I believed in a balanced stats character, so I thought the transition would work when I made a barb and gave him 25 MAG.b:shocked

(Year later)

Finally save up enough gold from the Earn Zen surveys and buy a reset note 25.

Then the next day I realize I bought a Reset-All 25... Does my nubness know no bounds?

Lolcensoredit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I was under the assumption that a BM's sword skills were able to be used with magic swords. Sooo I had a magic build for the first few levels. A while after that, the Age of Spirits expansion came out, and I thought the character's Magic stat could boost the power of certain genie skills.

Needless to say, I have since reset my stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I had a whole lot of noob moments, but here's just a few =.=

Statting my veno to every piece of armor I picked up from mobs... I was an AA/LA/HA hybrid T_T

Thinking that wearing fash meant replacing armor, so I was like pshh I'll never buy it, that's so dumb!

Not knowing how to rotate viewpoint with mouse, so I jumped into water every time I wanted to change which direction I was looking at..

b:surrender

This.
    Haha yea, I remember looking very sceptically at my stats too to see if fashion replaced my armor xD

Another noob thing I did was as soon as I entered a territory I was like: O___O Oh ****, important sounding name. Ruuun before someone of them comes and charges you a fee for entering their land. xD

...and this. Lol.

I also thought that tabbing in my fb19 was talking to the tree npc. Didn't know I supposed to talk to the pillar. That tab didn't get used until I soloed the instance in my 70's, and got a friend to squad me so I could tab while they quested.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    LOL SerenityCNB, I also remember thinking I was a member of Calamity because when I was first learned about factions, they owned the land I happened to be standing on. I remember seeing a calamity member afking in Plume, and begging them to let me into the secret chat so I could have a flag over my head too. When they told me that it was for high levels only, I told them I'd come and reapply when I was level 40.

Thinking anyone with a high post count was probably a secret insider of the game and being starstruck when I saw them in game. Go ahead, ask Zanryu and Decus. Because I remember totally doing that to them. "OMG! You're Zanryu!!!!" "You're that guy that does math!"

Thinking I could tame horses and spending a good two hours attempting to tame them. Problem is they kept dying in one hit. I ended up rage quitting veno because "stupid skills were broken," anyway.

Statting points into everything on my first char, a bm, because that way it would be balance.

Picking a cleric so I can fly without wasting those little blue pots.

Not using genies, because they sucked and weren't useful, until level 50.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I thought that Legendary and Nefarious were some kind of Gods in the lore or Final Bosses of the game since they owned every single land.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Nightstalk - Raging Tide
    Nightstalk - Raging Tide Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    omg ok so my first char was a cleric on Sanctuary and I had nooo idea wtf to do until I asked someone what the point of the game was xDDD. had a hard time looking and moving around till finally someone asked if I needed help thank god. I didnt know what the catshops were and asked my faction at the time. ( they were helpful).

I quit the game before lvl 19 because I distributed my points evenly and got frustrated that I couldn't kill mobs very good.

Moved to RT server when TBs came out and played around with every class untill finally my sin was my favorite. I didn't know what BH was till lvl 57.....and when I turned it in I was like whooooooaaa damn thats a lot of exp haha. I didnt know what FC was or how to use Hypers till I was lvl 78...
    10x R9 Sage Sin Active
    9x Demon Cleric Active
    9x Sage Psy Active
    8x Mystic Active
    9x Demon BM Active
    8x Seeker Active
    Been around awhile but never really play that long to get anywhere.b:victory
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I had to learn how to walk/jump/fly as it was my first MMO.

I started when Regi was just beginning to knock down Nefarious so the land around me changing owners scared me to death I thought roaming bands of Regis would come and kill my mobs and threaten me etc

I flew everywhere including to Archosaur because I didn't want to waste money but I was an archer so I'd have to stop and meditate in random places. I died a few times when mana ran out and I fell onto high level mobs.

I thought fashion was stupid.

I didn't know what Hypers were until level 83.

Up until level 90ish I thought soulburn only effected someone if they attacked YOU. b:surrender

I came from a pure PK game so I thought the Elves, Untamed, Tideborn, and Humans would all be against each other and I'd have to kill my friends who started as Untamed.

My friend was an Archer in Legendary when I started, thought he was godlike. b:chuckle
    For back then his gear was very good, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Thinking lunar teleport took you to the moon...

LOL. I think my worst one was statting an extra 4 points of magic into my Seeker because we had physical and magic attacks.

Didn't figure out about non-NPC gear until my 50s.

Didn't find out what safety lock was until my 70s, and set it for 24 hours the first time I used it.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • sihndra
    sihndra Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    way back before PWI launched, the first bug I ever submitted was a complaint that standing on the blacksmith's apparently hot forge in City of the Lost causes no damage to the player

I'm actually bummed that an environmental 500 DPS hazard never got implemented. Would be a nice place to port catshops with naughty names.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sihndra wrote: »
    way back before PWI launched, the first bug I ever submitted was a complaint that standing on the blacksmith's apparently hot forge in City of the Lost causes no damage to the player

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Oh, I thought TWs took place on the live map.

Remember fleeing the swamps when Zulu atacked Kingdom for the land b:chuckle

Thats was early 70s too.... Dayum I'm slow D:
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Kimi - Dreamweaver
    Kimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I didnt know that dexterity was my archers main power supply.. hence resetting at level 60 to get rid of the excess 40 str.. b:surrender
    I also didnt know how to buy skills till me 30's.. fail XD

This. I was wearing heavy armor well into my mid-30's. b:surrender
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    1st char was a veno cause no male tamers. And cause of some pics..

"I believed I could fly, I believed I could touch the sky"

Yah, then read more and saw had to wait till lvl 30... (Flyer didn't exist in lvl 15 stash back then)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • SinFulGodX - Sanctuary
    SinFulGodX - Sanctuary Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I didnt know that you could buy pots from the apothecary. I would grind/quest and kill mobs till my hp/mp got low then meditate for what seamed like an eternity.

On my veno I tried taming everything mob I saw including horses and rabbit's lol.
    On my first BM I put str for axes and mag for skills.
    I ended up trying almost every class with different builds from arcane/LA/HA

O.O

i remember u from some old guild on my veno from like a yr+ ago

twizted, godsbane?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I didnt know that you could buy pots from the apothecary. I would grind/quest and kill mobs till my hp/mp got low then meditate for what seamed like an eternity.

This. Also, I put dex in every level on my cleric because it somehow seemed like a good idea.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • BabaORiley - Dreamweaver
    BabaORiley - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    FB 1 and 2
    I came to PW from another MMO where people usually gathered at the entrances to some of the key dungeons to socialize and put together teams. So I was at a loss when I found the entrances to the first two FBs deserted at prime times. I did not find out about the Arch platform or how to use WC to form FB teams till I was high enough to start doing BH. The net result is I never did those first two FBs.

Teaming for Kill X Quests
    From some previous games, I thought you got less experience if you teamed so I ignored team invites out in the wild. I did not realize with Kill X type quests, the goal is to just get the total as fast as possible.
    It was not until around level 25 that I realized those random team invites out in the wild were people like me trying to complete some kill X type quests quickly. It was not until level 30 that I felt confident enough to send invites to players who happened to be doing the same thing in the same place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The exodus is here
    The happy ones are near
    BabaORiley
  • TattooAngel - Archosaur
    TattooAngel - Archosaur Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Okay, let's see. When I was a lower level I tried taming all the mobs, including the doggies, chickens, and rabbits. (I thought those were the rare pets. Lol.)

I also thought the big Cube of Fate Dog would attack me if I got to close.

I set my stats so I could try out all differerent kind of weapons and thought I was glitching when I couldn't use my Venomous Sarab while wearing claws. (Wolverine Veno! XD)

I thought tw took place on the real map so I stood around for an hour prior to tw waiting for the opponent to show up.

I didn't complete FB19 until I was level 34 because my pet wasn't strong enough to solo it yet. XD
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Back when I first started getting in to this game I thought it was going to be so awesome when I got to level 100. Lol, what a noob mistake.