Things you believed when you started

Aijou - Harshlands
Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
I can't be the only one that was a total nubshyt when I started playing.

I didn't know that you could sell gold when I started and I saw that teles were expensive in the cats (like 20k or something) and I was like oh wow this is expensive so I bought 10 gold and spent it all on teles directly from the boutique.

Anyone else have stories?

OMG AND.
When my friend and I both started venos together we both had HP charms (Bronze 4 lyf!) and we discovered that using soul trans when your MP got low would fill your MP to full and we were like OMG WE FOUND A GLITCH HAHA GO US GLITCH ABUSE - but then we learned it was ticking our hp charms like mad haha.
Post edited by Aijou - Harshlands on

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I didnt know that dexterity was my archers main power supply.. hence resetting at level 60 to get rid of the excess 40 str.. b:surrender
    I also didnt know how to buy skills till me 30's.. fail XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I thought you could play the game cash free!

It was even true, then.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Adding magic on my barb, classic...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well I do remember questing in my mid-30s and meeting a BM that had statted with high magic so he could use magic swords.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    When I first started doing the Roll Call quest I thought when it said you had to be "on" for 60 minutes it meant on that platform. So each day I would set up a catshop on the platform and go afk for an hour.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I believed that games were made for the players and that the people taking care of the game were interested in looking after the player base.
  • makenshi2227
    makenshi2227 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    when i first started on dreamweaver a couple years ago i thought the name of the land i was in was Calamity since they held everything lol.
  • Amixia - Lost City
    Amixia - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My first character was a veno. I chosed it purely cause I wanted a cute pet. I was outraged when I realized they wanted me to use my pet as a shield. Why would I let the monsters hit my baby. b:sad b:chuckle
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    when i first started playing i started a Sin thinking, this is awesome i'm going to be soooo effing epic.
    got bored with her when she hit 30 and dropped to nearly freaking mob around the mines and started my veno.
    then thought. pfff sins can kiss my big fluffeh tail, venos RULE this game, Mhuahahahahaaa *maniacle laugh*

Little did i know i was statting my sin the same as my veno. every 20 points i'd put 5 points in every attribute to be best in all 4 and be more "balanced". *facepalm*

eyeopener where the forums and a fellow sin/veno.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I couldn't figure out how to leave squad until I was about level 40b:surrender
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Bunny_slayer - Harshlands
    Bunny_slayer - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    like everyone else's post, my bm had a magic build b:chuckle

i mean drake's ray, that has to be a magic attack right? b:laugh
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My first toon was a veno...HA weilding an ax. I had no idea about her. When I rerolled and got my cleric, I also put a few points into dex. Oops.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I was a minicleric. With dual blades. Man, I felt so enlightened when someone told me what this *magic* does b:laugh

I also took ages to find out how to fly higher. lol I kinda crept up on hills to get higher b:surrender

And I pestered my first faction. *OMG faction, what do I have to do? How does this work? What's this? D:'...

I was a terrible noob b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I thought I could tame horses and mount them, When that didnt work I figured a RIDING wolf obviously had to be a mount xD

My veno was fit for a cheap restat to HA by lvl 40, but I picked the pricey road to pure magic xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    back then, i thought wizzie was still an op class b:surrender
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Little did i know i was statting my sin the same as my veno. every 20 points i'd put 5 points in every attribute to be best in all 4 and be more "balanced". *facepalm*

I did the SAME exact thing on my first cleric. b:chuckle
    Also, i couldn't figure out the map, how to leave a squad, how to form a squad, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My first Avatar was a Wizzard on Dreamwaver Skill distribution all 2 Level was like 3 Str 5 Mag 2 Dex yes no vit because someone told me vit suck on wizzard :D

I spend , no lies here, a half day trying to get the chest in etherblade from the how to jump trial. I thought pwi would play like an jump and run , i didnt know this was the first and only time you needed to jump in a special way to reach a certain point.

Some annoying sage stuffed my quest list with some strange quest like bring me a badgde of whatver and bring me 10 of them and i make a sign. I got this with level 2 and when i was level 9 i was still wondering why i havnt finish them allready and where to get this badges. When i realized i was 40 and until than i carried this stupid quests with me and had problems with my quest log.

I cryed BUG BUG BROKE when i didnt recived my quest rewards until somoene told me to check my inventory space :) Same story but 20/20 Quests

On level 60 i decided to grind spirit so i can become op. I grinded 90% exp and stuffed them in a genie and repeated this. I filled 18 Genies this way up to level 60. I also wanted to farm mats to level my crafting just realizing i was allready out the level range to farm rough leather. This was the most time consuming, stupid and **** thing ive done but at this time no 3 bhs no hyper and still no idea how this game work.

god i was such a noob , i think i still are some times :p
    I hate Room 38
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    When I started playing the game...

I thought attributes were meant to be balanced so I tried to keep every attribute at the same number.

I thought the different kinds of armor were for fashion purposes...so I ended up having a Light Armor Venomancer and a Heavy Armor Wizard..

I didn't know what I had to do with the books from the Pet quest so I got up to level 13 without having learnt Pet Heal or Pet Revive. When my pets were low on HP I could meditate and wait for them to regenerate their HP back XD

I put too much Str and Dex on my Cleric, thinking that attributes should be balanced and I ruined her (having to make a new Cleric afterwards XD).

I thought every single pet could be tamed and I couldn't understand why I couldn't tame some.

I didn't know quests existed so I only grinded until level 16.

I thought I had to finish my FB19 in order to finish my lvl19 cultivation so I reached lvl30 without having any skill of 19+ culti XD

When I got my first mold drop, from a regular mob near Angler's village (yes it was mold from regular mob O.o) I didn't know what it was because I couldn't use it so I NPC'd it lol.

I didn't know about sharding gear until my first toon, Desdi, was level 60 and I only disovered that I can easily refine stuff on my own around level 70 or so (that was around summer 2009).

And so many other things XD

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I didnt know that you could buy pots from the apothecary. I would grind/quest and kill mobs till my hp/mp got low then meditate for what seamed like an eternity.

On my veno I tried taming everything mob I saw including horses and rabbit's lol.
    On my first BM I put str for axes and mag for skills.
    I ended up trying almost every class with different builds from arcane/LA/HA
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My first toon I made in PWI was a Cleric and I wanted him to be a Paladin.

So I made him a HA 2-sword weilding Cleric. I leveled him up to 34 I think it was until I made my Wizard instead the proper way.

The looks I got from people when I would heal myself or Rez other was pricesless considering they thought I was a BM the whole time.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    When I was a little fish,I thought bosses like Gouf Aerox Chef and Rattus Lord required really strong people to kill,and anyone that could solo em,was god-like.

On my Veno(Herc-less),I thought Hercs could tank everything.

On my Cleric,I thought I could be a decent DD(Other than an healer),and that I could solo most of the bosses without epic gear.

On my BM,I thought I'd choose the best DD class,until 2 months later Tideborn expansion xD

But best of all,on my very first char back before PWI america,I played on Delphi Server in PW Malesya,I thought flying was an epic thing that only a few rich people could do,until I hit 30...my first flight,epic.
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I didn't know the cash shop existed until mid 40s.

I didn't know the purpose of mirage stones.

I didn't know where to get armor better than NPC grade until mid 50s.

Don't tell her I said this, but my wife thought dex increased her run speed on her veno lol.

I thought my BMs stream strike was enough to tank instances, and so did everyone else with me.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I
    Don't tell her I said this, but my wife thought dex increased her run speed on her veno lol.

You mean the Dex does not make me run faster? b:cry

I am a LA Veno.................still. b:surrender
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well, reading this thread makes me feel less stupid about all those magic points on my first BM. b:chuckle

The very first character I made was an archer on the Lost City server, which I never ended up playing because my roommate then explained to me the difference between PvP and PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • TheUnderLord - Lost City
    TheUnderLord - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I didn't know the cash shop existed until mid 40s.

I didn't know the purpose of mirage stones.

I didn't know where to get armor better than NPC grade until mid 50s.

I thought my BMs stream strike was enough to tank instances, and so did everyone else with me.

that's sum serious late bloomin going on eh?

Totally telling your wife.
    "yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery....but today it is a gift, that is why it is called the present."

L.C. Merchantile Asset Management est.2010
    (pwinsider.wordpress.com)
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I used DoT attacks on my archer until I was in the 60s.
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I used DoT attacks on my archer until I was in the 60s.

I see archers 90+ using DoT...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    When I first started, I th0ught if I killed super high level m0bs I c0uld practically Plevel. S0 I ventured 0ut t0 harshlands.Y0u can guess h0w that st0ry ended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    When I first started, I th0ught if I killed super high level m0bs I c0uld practically Plevel. S0 I ventured 0ut t0 harshlands.Y0u can guess h0w that st0ry ended.

RAINBOWz!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The first char i made was a cleric...
    The only reason i made him was because i watched some reviews on youtube and noticed that they were the only class that could fly on lvl 1 b:victory
    Once i started playing i noticed that you could put different stats on your character (i was like lvl 17 before i noticed)..Now, i hovered over the different stats and thought they could all be usefull, so i even distributed every point into every statb:laugh
    I noticed i ****ed up when i got to the culti where you had to kill 2 trees and 2 wolf then go to SP...i couldn't kill the trees D:<
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-