*Embarrassed*....How does one kill KunKun?

FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Psychic
As as psy, how does one kill him, when all attacks are magic? I bought a bow, but all that did was chase him halfway down the mountain ridge! I know I will feel like that dingbat wizzie in Kephras's vid, trying to kill it with magic, but I havent played my psy for a long time.

Appreciate any help, and , please, hold the laughs. I know this is a dumb question.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
"Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
Playing here since '08b:heart
Post edited by FoxRunning - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    As as psy, how does one kill him, when all attacks are magic? I bought a bow, but all that did was chase him halfway down the mountain ridge! I know I will feel like that dingbat wizzie in Kephras's vid, trying to kill it with magic, but I havent played my psy for a long time.

Appreciate any help, and , please, hold the laughs. I know this is a dumb question.
    Your weapon also doing physical damage.(not by skills) Just beat him to dead.b:chuckle Maybe you will killing him for long, but it's beatable for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You got one choice only, run and slap him untill he's dead
  • Kiali - Dreamweaver
    Kiali - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    What I did was use normal (physical) attacks. Basically you have to just throw the sphere at him a lot. Just make sure you start uphill of him so he doesn't run up the hill away from you.
    * Celestial Demon Archer * Celestial Sage Psychic * Tragically Indecisive Wizard *
  • Cathyx - Raging Tide
    Cathyx - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Or just buy some melee weapon if its posible much easyer i think xD
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Pay me to come kill it :p

100 mil for a forum friend :D
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Kunkun is slower than a psychic. Hit him with your soulsphere from the opposite direction you want him to go. Don't press and hold normal attack, you will hate yourself if you do, since kunkun keep running out of reach of melee or bow by the time you get to hit him. Instead, run more into him, then HIT him once or twice, repeat until dead. If he run towad mobs, run ahead of him, hit him and watch him going opposite of you again(basicly, juggle him until dead). That is own I killed him, safest and less frustrating.

For the tideborn chain quest with similar elemental immune flying mini sawfly, you can do it in squad.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Kunkun is slower than a psychic. Hit him with your soulsphere from the opposite direction you want him to go. Don't press and hold normal attack, you will hate yourself if you do, since kunkun keep running out of reach of melee or bow by the time you get to hit him. Instead, run more into him, then HIT him once or twice, repeat until dead. If he run towad mobs, run ahead of him, hit him and watch him going opposite of you again(basicly, juggle him until dead). That is own I killed him, safest and less frustrating.

For the tideborn chain quest with similar elemental immune flying mini sawfly, you can do it in squad.

yeah, im gonna need help. i had him down to half health...then the spiders killed me...grrrrr.gonna kill them first, or get help. i felt like an idiot. im not used to this class. used to years of being a veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Get someone to help you kill him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Get someone to help you kill him

I thought KunKun was a solo quest o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Get celestial sword on genie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Get celestial sword on genie.
    ^ This is how I did it with my psychic. It's a genie skill that does physical damage. I got it for those PITA "Increased Magic Defense" mobs, but it's handy for KunKun too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    This is why I said to juggle kunkun, to prevent him from running into mob and get you killed/lose time by taking a detour/kill said mob. And yes, it's a solo quest, the best help you would get is to have a high lv magic aoer going nut around kunkun. b:chuckle

Hum, forgot about genie usage, but celestial sword seem like a waste of space to me. :/ I deal with most increased mdef with soul of vengence, soul of retaliation and soulburn, throw in a bubble of life if needed(DoT'er mob and really dangerous one are a pain though and this tactic is useless against kunkun's chicken AI). Psychic are called voodooist in china for a reason, you touch, you die.
  • Stephanie__ - Archosaur
    Stephanie__ - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    cute question i like it :P
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    All I did was hit n stand there.... for some unknown reason kunkun n stounch worms wont get their hp bac wen they reset

so hit it once n stand there watching it resetting it after some time it will return to original spot then hit again till it is dead :P
  • Tenchi_XD - Raging Tide
    Tenchi_XD - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Slap him until his dead, with the soulsphere from WEapon Token I it takes like 1 min to kill him, every punch does 4-6 dmg, but its easy, u can use one of your spells to slow him and then punch him.
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Slap him until his dead, with the soulsphere from WEapon Token I it takes like 1 min to kill him, every punch does 4-6 dmg, but its easy, u can use one of your spells to slow him and then punch him.

We got no spell that slow without dealing damage, which he resist and as such resist the debuff. I kinda confirmed that with mountain finger in abbadon, wood immune, after using extreme poison multiple time and not seeing the debuff(genie skill dealing no damage, 4 wood affinity = considered as wood element).
  • Mesro - Heavens Tear
    Mesro - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    yeah, im gonna need help. i had him down to half health...then the spiders killed me...grrrrr.gonna kill them first, or get help. i felt like an idiot. im not used to this class. used to years of being a veno.

Well, if you need help killing something, let me know. Ill help kill it. Im a Demon Tanker Psy. Yeah, I did say it, Demon Tanker Psy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I seem to remember myself running around *plink*ing him with soulsphere.

There will be many points during your journey as a psy where you will go "QQQQQQQQQQ WHY WE HAVE NO PHYSICAL CASTTTTTTTTT".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well i had 40 dex for crit% ... I used a bow. b:victory
    (>.> maybe 20 idr how much is needed.)
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well i had 40 dex for crit% ... I used a bow. b:victory
    (>.> maybe 20 idr how much is needed.)

You had 40 Dex on your Psychic when you had to kill Kun Kun?

.__.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Only reason mine got 27 dex currently.... is cause my gears give me 22 dex. b:shocked
  • Blizard - Dreamweaver
    Blizard - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    well gl on kun kun hunt :o
    Don't feed trolls b:shocked

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide
    ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    one does not simply kill kunkun!
    current pwcalc.com/ecccbccc47400382
    aiming pwcalc.com/5ac2ca79fcef8da4
    b:bye
  • midorisian
    midorisian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    when i did it, i simply just flew after him and hit him with my soulsphere whenever he stopped. flew out of range if anything attacked me.

took about 10 minutes.
  • JinxRake - Momaganon
    JinxRake - Momaganon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When I first started PWI I was playing with a friend whom was a Psy. He got to that quest ahead of me and I could hear her in my headphones cursing at the thing cuz she couldn't kill it.

"Does it hit that hard?"
    "It doesn't hit at all."
    "Then what's the problem?"
    "It's immune to magic."
    "So hit him with your sphere."
    "What do you think I've been trying to do for the last 10 minutes?"

It only made things worse that I got the quest too, went there and killed it whistling. b:laugh
  • XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Kun Kun quest is just a run and hit it . It is a SOLO quest if someone kills kun kun for you , you won't get the kill

And also NECRO
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Just had to necro...

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.