Do alot of ppl still play this

Pennince - Lost City
Pennince - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
I left this game for Forsaken World when it came out last march. Do alot of ppl still playy this? Have alot of ppl returned? :)
Post edited by Pennince - Lost City on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I would say that Lost City has enough activity but than again I am in a good active faction.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    PWI still got alot of ppls, new comes all the time even tho alot leave ontop.
    Its a bit 2 spread out on the amount of servers we got but yea..
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    A lot of veteran players that you won't see around anymore are just playing new mains. The population is smaller than a year ago. I don't think most people would notice though, but there are far less cat shops, far less people hovering over BH npc and far less people by Nirvana than there was a year ago. And this is what I observed on several different servers before deciding to come back to my BM.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Silent_Sushi - Heavens Tear
    Silent_Sushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    2 years ago, Etherblade had catshops that flooded the entire place. Now there's only 4 shops...
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    A lot of veteran players that you won't see around anymore are just playing new mains. The population is smaller than a year ago. I don't think most people would notice though, but there are far less cat shops, far less people hovering over BH npc and far less people by Nirvana than there was a year ago. And this is what I observed on several different servers before deciding to come back to my BM.

The lack of character at the BH NPC is due to head sellers. I literally have seen a 90s Seeker complaining that they can't do FCC because no one is doing it.

As for Nirvana, we're getting 2x pretty often so people just opt to farm during the 2x rather than normally.

Neither of these has anything to do with the number of players more, it's just that the situation has changed.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The lack of character at the BH NPC is due to head sellers. I literally have seen a 90s Seeker complaining that they can't do FCC because no one is doing it.

As for Nirvana, we're getting 2x pretty often so people just opt to farm during the 2x rather than normally.

Neither of these has anything to do with the number of players more, it's just that the situation has changed.

"91 Wizard looking for FC (The kind you dont pay for)" has become my normal WC for my wiz. I dont even think about BH anymore, less chance and less exp b:surrenderb:cryb:surrender
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
    edited January 2012

You contradict yourself here. So there's nobody doing BH because they're doing FCC, but you've seen people complaining they can't do FCC because no one is doing it?

Head seller parties used to sell out fast. You'd see someone WC for a run, and you wouldn't see them spamming WC. Now, you see a half dozen different people spamming WC for hours trying to sell runs.

So my personal observations stand. Less people doing BH and less people doing FCC? Less people playing.

So, most chars are active during 2x, and when they're not, they're inactive...

Maybe you're just noticing all the people who log all the inactive accounts that have quit used in farming parties. I know of several people who have a half dozen or more well geared end-gamers they use to farm everything by themselves.... So if two or three of these parties are active, it'll look like 10-15 people when there are only 1 or 2 people playing. Everybody brings alts to Nirvana.

You're confusing. xP
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    You contradict yourself here. So there's nobody doing BH because they're doing FCC, but you've seen people complaining they can't do FCC because no one is doing it?

Read it again.

No one is doing lower level BHs because they are busy buying heads.
    No one is also doing 80-95 FCCs because they're busy buying heads.
    Head seller parties used to sell out fast. You'd see someone WC for a run, and you wouldn't see them spamming WC. Now, you see a half dozen different people spamming WC for hours trying to sell runs.

Indeed, you do. But that's because there's more sellers, thus more parties that need to be filled. So the supply of parties goes up, but the demand really does not, because new players can't afford heads and old players wouldn't pay, they'd do alt FCCs.
    So my personal observations stand. Less people doing BH and less people doing FCC? Less people playing.

More like less mid-level people. Which is because they all leveled up.
    So, most chars are active during 2x, and when they're not, they're inactive...

But what measure is inactive? Personally, I only log on to check AH and do BH now that I'm not merchanting. I would still count myself as active since I'm just waiting for a good sale so that I can put up my merchant catshop.
    You're confusing. xP

The day has come when my insanity is so great that even M_D can't decipher it? Damn, I must be really good.

The largest changes you can observe in WC are:
    1. Massive lack of WCs for low-to-mid level BHs.
    2. Head sellers are mostly doing 70-99 levels.
    3. No Nirvana unless it's 2x drops
    4. No TTs unless it's for Chrono

All of these point to lots of efficiency-oriented high levels.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    edited January 2012
    Read it again.

No one is doing lower level BHs because they are busy buying heads.
    No one is also doing 80-95 FCCs because they're busy buying heads.

I read it several times. Thank you for clarifying. I was talking about end-gamers, not mid-levels. I don't think many would argue mid-game has been pretty much dead on all the servers for at least a year.

But what measure is inactive? Personally, I only log on to check AH and do BH now that I'm not merchanting. I would still count myself as active since I'm just waiting for a good sale so that I can put up my merchant catshop.

That sounds pretty close to inactive to me. I don't consider merchanting 24/7 to be active.

Even though I go in, will farm a bit here, do a bh there chat for a bit a couple times a week, I consider myself inactive.

I don't know what other servers are like, but pretty much all the top factions on LC are now allowing a handful of inactives in-guild just for TW when a year or two ago would have been booted after a few weeks...

The day has come when my insanity is so great that even M_D can't decipher it? Damn, I must be really good.

Hahaha. I dunno. I usually don't need sub-text spelled out for me. I guess this was my day. lol

Oh, and to your other points, I didn't answer them because I wasn't really talking about the whole lack of mid-level activity. I'm talking about the number of people in the building. Clearly this game is nowhere near as populated as it was in 09/10. As to whether this trend has continued, I think it has, some don't. That's where we disagree.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    I read it several times. Thank you for clarifying. I was talking about end-gamers, not mid-levels. I don't think many would argue mid-game has been pretty much dead on all the servers for at least a year.

Depends where you put the line for mid-game. I was about level 80 a year ago and I got to 100 pretty smoothly.
    That sounds pretty close to inactive to me. I don't consider merchanting 24/7 to be active.

I do, as long as I care about the losses I make.
    Oh, and to your other points, I didn't answer them because I wasn't really talking about the whole lack of mid-level activity. I'm talking about the number of people in the building. Clearly this game is nowhere near as populated as it was in 09/10. As to whether this trend has continued, I think it has, some don't. That's where we disagree.

Exactly. My point is that the mid-level population has leveled up to 100 and hasn't been replaced by a new generation of mid-level players as is obvious by the lack of mid-level activities on WC.

And I don't really have a stance as to whether the servers are more populated or not, I just wanted to point out that your observations could simply be tied to the population leveling up without it being replaced by a new generation.

Thus, I'd say that the best way to gauge player activity would be TW and PvP, being that they are the primary endgame activities during non-2x. And at least looking at Sanctuary's TWs, the amount of TWs has gone down by a lot.
  • Kimi - Dreamweaver
    Kimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    There's still enough to make Archosaur lag like Hell. :3
  • Suranda - Sanctuary
    Suranda - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    At Sundown town, moving on to Kings Feast soon.

All around, no one around.
    Main: Alsiadorra - 101 seeker - Proud Marshall of Seagods
    ======================================
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over... - Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
  • tazulk786
    tazulk786 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ^(when will these people figure out that their antics is not funny in the slightest...)
  • TheUnderLord - Lost City
    TheUnderLord - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ^(when will these people figure out that their antics is not funny in the slightest...)

He wasn't trying to be funny, sad thing is that he thought he's a badass and could impress you XD

Btw those are some poor pushup forms.
    "yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery....but today it is a gift, that is why it is called the present."

L.C. Merchantile Asset Management est.2010
    (pwinsider.wordpress.com)
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    @TE

The pressure of being high refined and rank geared is kinda high nowdays if you wanna do any sort of pvp.

But still a lot of people play this game and even if the numbers decreasing it dosnt matter as you have some focus points where everyone meets while other areas are deserted.

PWI is still worth a try but if you really start from zero you better get into a helpful faction asap and make some buddys because this game is horribly boring and hard if you have no friends and just wanna level from zero the old fashioned way by doing quests and grinding because you wont find any partys at lower level.
    I hate Room 38
  • Rerum - Sanctuary
    Rerum - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    3 years and counting and I'm still playing, have one of each class, and play all of them for the fun of it, pvp is not my thing but I still go casually just for the fun of it.

Forsaken world lasted me 2 days, it bored the hell out of me. Boring game is boring, b:surrender
    How to play the game? 5.0 has the final say!!!
    edited January 2012
    I do, as long as I care about the losses I make.

Since this is an MMO, I consider "active" being out and sociable. There is a lot less of that than there used to be.

Exactly. My point is that the mid-level population has leveled up to 100 and hasn't been replaced by a new generation of mid-level players as is obvious by the lack of mid-level activities on WC.

And I don't really have a stance as to whether the servers are more populated or not, I just wanted to point out that your observations could simply be tied to the population leveling up without it being replaced by a new generation.

Thus, I'd say that the best way to gauge player activity would be TW and PvP, being that they are the primary endgame activities during non-2x. And at least looking at Sanctuary's TWs, the amount of TWs has gone down by a lot.

I wish I could say that a "lot of people" still play, but that's very subjective depending on server and when you actually started to play. And, I'm no stranger to making unbiased decisions based on detailed observations, that's been an actual job numerous times. I could write a novel. But this is a silly aging game, not worth more bother than taking up a little bit of free time. lol
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Open world PK is dead.

PKing is now confined to specific areas like West/North arch gate, Orchid, Silver pool etc.
    THe only thing that happens in locations like these are a couple of R9s standing outside safe zone, and Assassins.

RPKing is dead because there are hardly any people grinding.

RPKing used to lead to big PK fights anywhere on the map because people getting RPK'd would call their faction and this could happen in any place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The population is definitely at its lowest.
  • taanu
    taanu Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    hi
    it's a nice game i never ever try this now but i here about this from my friends.