Potential Massive Sale of Epic Proportions?

TheUnderLord - Lost City
TheUnderLord - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Well just like the crazy sales of December that saw brand new lows in hot-items like packs (22 silver/ea) and D.Orbs (4.5silver/ea), do you guys think that another sale like that will happen after Tuesday's maintenance? I say this because of Chinese New Year (Jan 23) that's just around the corner and if history is a good indicator, there should be some kind of ridiculous sale once again, but I'm skeptical if PW is actually planning to release those prices after a short period of time.

So having said that, what's everyone's prediction on the upcoming sale? Tiger packs? Could it be Rep badges again? b:thanks
"yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery....but today it is a gift, that is why it is called the present."

L.C. Merchantile Asset Management est.2010
(pwinsider.wordpress.com)
Post edited by TheUnderLord - Lost City on

Comments

• Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Probably pack sales, they do have 1 pack on sale atm, but it's expensive compared to the latest sales. I don't really see anyone getting anything from packs (from duke shouts) so one would assume people aren't charging gold to buy packs atm.
    Anyway I wouldn't mind having a rep sale, I'd definitely buy my cleric r8 or really close to it for the next rank sale depending.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Interesting . I'll be paying attention as always . Also looking out for a Chinese new year event... that has happened once before that I can recall... NOT including a damn pack sale (when the new year tiger packs were first introduced.. THAT was the event !! LOL)
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • TheUnderLord - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Probably pack sales, they do have 1 pack on sale atm, but it's expensive compared to the latest sales. I don't really see anyone getting anything from packs (from duke shouts) so one would assume people aren't charging gold to buy packs atm.
    Anyway I wouldn't mind having a rep sale, I'd definitely buy my cleric r8 or really close to it for the next rank sale depending.

I don't know what's going on in Harshlands, but in Lost City there's been plenty of duke shoutout activity because people have been purchasing the stockpiled packs that merchants been catshopping from the Xmas sale. People could be doing that in your server, perhaps they're having terrible luck with the packs? I dunno.
    "yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery....but today it is a gift, that is why it is called the present."

• Bunny_slayer - Harshlands
    Bunny_slayer - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    oh snap! you're right, chinese new year is coming up. chances are there will be some good items up for sale. got to stock up on gold before it hits 2m again b:shutup
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    do you guys think that another sale like that will happen after Tuesday's maintenance?
    Yes. b:chuckle

PWI has a record of being about 50/50 for going more than 2 weeks without a big sale that affects Gold prices. That's why I usually aim for all my Gold buying to occur within that first 2 weeks (and yes, that's why I've been selling my Packs like a madman on Lost City).

Half the time I hit big profits, half the time PWI surprises me by going 3 or more weeks without causing Gold prices to spike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Rank sale 75% off would be cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited January 2012

PWI has a record of being about 50/50 for going more than 2 weeks without a big sale that affects Gold prices. That's why I usually aim for all my Gold buying to occur within that first 2 weeks (and yes, that's why I've been selling my Packs like a madman on Lost City).

Half the time I hit big profits, half the time PWI surprises me by going 3 or more weeks without causing Gold prices to spike.

Yea I totally noticed that, I've been sorta watching you sell endless quantities of friggin packs and wondering if there's a black hole in your bank account! Even though you're the Yoda/Qui-Gon Jinn of merchanting, you've got to be the worse person to compete with!! It's like throwing eggs at a rock!

Yes you're right about the chances with the delayed sales that make huge impact on the gold market...I think sometime last year, PW withheld pack sales for like 4 weeks or something, extremely uncharacteristic of them.

Now that I come to think of it, it seems highly likely that a major sale is going to accompany some sort of special event to bring in the Chinese New Year. I mean it makes a lot of business sense, they go hand in hand as an excellent profit maker.

• Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I don't know what's going on in Harshlands, but in Lost City there's been plenty of duke shoutout activity because people have been purchasing the stockpiled packs that merchants been catshopping from the Xmas sale. People could be doing that in your server, perhaps they're having terrible luck with the packs? I dunno.

Well even then, if they're purchasing packs that were already bought, that means they aren't charging gold to buy them atm. Me thinks the higher ups will notice the non-existant purchasing of packs and put them on sale again. (Atleast I hope so because token prices are redic right now.)
    AND REP SALE! 75% OFF PL0X b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If there is a crazy sale I hope its 2 weeks long or starts the next maintenance =///
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    would not be the slightest bit shocked to see something like that

we rarely go more then a few weeks without a major sale anymore
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
    edited January 2012
    On lost city gold buyers are still priced low at 1.377mil/ea while gold sellers are in major short supply (withholding gold perhaps) since tonight will be maintenance....

Better get your gold before it's too late....maybe...b:bye

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012

On the other hand, it was the month of January and February of last year that packs were not on sale. I think it was actually an 8 week period of no pack sales.