mystic using heavy armor

Options
yanyanaccount
yanyanaccount Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Mystic
hello all i just created my first char a mystic, i dont know if pp have already posted this question but here it goes im trying to make something like a tank mystic the question so the question is is it worth to spent ability points in str to use heavy armor? if no then wat armor suits better for a tank like mystic?
Post edited by yanyanaccount on

Comments

• ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    DO NOT DO IT!!! Verdant Shell gives enough phys defense. HA mystic you deal such low pitiful dmg. Really dont do it, unless you arent playing the char past 20
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Do it and get back to us pls. b:victory
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ew hell no.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    No..just no..
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Doesn't look bad.... at all.....................
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Before I noticed you had +12 on everything I thought you came up with some sort of genius build.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • tripotelios
    tripotelios Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Go for it... just tell me the results on 89 level, i want so much to hear. If squad tells you to heal them i want see if ur mp will be enough even res buff them. Come on...i find fail caster ppl using HA even for venos.Especially venos and mystics shouldnt even think of HA build for 1 reason: we have pets for pdef things and ourselfs for Mdef things. Till level 80 im sure HA build will be so cool. You will not die easily.After 80 u will understand the consequanses(or something like that,)
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Go for it... just tell me the results on 89 level, i want so much to hear. If squad tells you to heal them i want see if ur mp will be enough even res buff them. Come on...i find fail caster ppl using HA even for venos.Especially venos and mystics shouldnt even think of HA build for 1 reason: we have pets for pdef things and ourselfs for Mdef things. Till level 80 im sure HA build will be so cool. You will not die easily.After 80 u will understand the consequanses(or something like that,)

Actually venos can get away with HA, because they have a whole set of skills dedicated to physical damage, i.e. fox form. And how else do you bump up your physical attack? By putting in enough str/dex for HA, and enough magic to wear a wep around your lvl. Mystics however can't get away with it. All our skills are based off magic attack, and besides our heals would suck.
  • Suranda - Sanctuary
    Suranda - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    DO NOT DO IT!!! Verdant Shell gives enough phys defense. HA mystic you deal such low pitiful dmg. Really dont do it, unless you arent playing the char past 20

**STUFFS IN A BASKET OF HOT CHOCOLATE BUNNIES**

DO NOT LISTEN TO ZACK~!

Heavy Armor is a VIABLE build for mystic! :33333 Who needs magic attack when your pets will do all the work and then die because heal summon does jack all with your at most 150 magic attack.

/sarcasm
    Main: Alsiadorra - 101 seeker - Proud Marshall of Seagods
    ======================================
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over... - Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options

DO NOT LISTEN TO ZACK~!

Heavy Armor is a VIABLE build for mystic! :33333 Who needs magic attack when your pets will do all the work and then die because heal summon does jack all with your at most 150 magic attack.

/sarcasm

I thought you were actually for real about this until I saw the "/sarcasm" partb:surrender
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Actually venos can get away with HA, because they have a whole set of skills dedicated to physical damage, i.e. fox form. And how else do you bump up your physical attack? By putting in enough str/dex for HA, and enough magic to wear a wep around your lvl. Mystics however can't get away with it. All our skills are based off magic attack, and besides our heals would suck.

Venos don't get away with it. I have yet to see an HA veno pull all waves for RB, or achieve 5 aps. IoWs: They're better off being a class that's meant to be HA. If venos can "get away with it"; any class can.
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    wonder why other caster classes try and go the HA route without even a single melee skill?b:surrender

If you need to get a close distance to debuff/ dd like a veno on a boss maybe, but i don't see it on a myst.

mysts have some of the best protection and heals spells in the game to keep themselves alive, it does not make sense on wearing HA

Good luck on enjoying your biggest mistake by far if you go HA
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    Venos don't get away with it. I have yet to see an HA veno pull all waves for RB, or achieve 5 aps. IoWs: They're better off being a class that's meant to be HA. If venos can "get away with it"; any class can.

That does even make sense, why the hell would a veno pull all waves for RB? That's a barb or a seeker's job. The veno is supposed to pull the boss out of the waves. And why would a veno be 5.0? Ofc a heavy veno can't be, but a LA veno can. That argument doesn't even make sense. The whole point of a heavy veno is for foxform skills and for more survivability.... Or at least it was until rank 9 came out. Also the "if venos can get away with it, any class can" doesn't apply either. Because mystics, wizards, clerics, and psychic's sure as heck can't get away with it, because they have no skills involving physical damage..... Ok yea sure plume shot and absorb soul, but that is based on magic attack.
    Seriously, this is just a fail attempt to prove something you can't back up.
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That does even make sense, why the hell would a veno pull all waves for RB? That's a barb or a seeker's job. The veno is supposed to pull the boss out of the waves. And why would a veno be 5.0? Ofc a heavy veno can't be, but a LA veno can. That argument doesn't even make sense. The whole point of a heavy veno is for foxform skills and for more survivability.... Or at least it was until rank 9 came out. Also the "if venos can get away with it, any class can" doesn't apply either. Because mystics, wizards, clerics, and psychic's sure as heck can't get away with it, because they have no skills involving physical damage..... Ok yea sure plume shot and absorb soul, but that is based on magic attack.
    Seriously, this is just a fail attempt to prove something you can't back up.

Before thumbs hijacks this thread again and turn it into a veno thread
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Before thumbs hijacks this thread again and turn it into a veno thread

b:surrender Yea, I think I might have hijacked it too, but I was only replying to the first post about HA venos.... I probably should just keep my mouth b:shutup and let the stupidity roll. b:chuckle
  • yanyanaccount
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ok thx for the info, how about light armor?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ok thx for the info, how about light armor?

Also not good. Just go AA and get proper gear/refines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • yanyanaccount
    edited January 2012
    Options
    okok darn and here i was trying to build a battle mage like class :P ok thx for all
  • tripotelios
    tripotelios Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    LA? LOL its the same as HA. Why are you trying to make a mage class something else? Mystics are AA and no one is supposed to change it. But from what i see you are not looking for a mage class but for a HA class.
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You could always try a seeker. It's the closest thing to a battle mage I can think of.
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

DO NOT LISTEN TO ZACK~!

/sarcasm

Lololol well here you go http://pwcalc.com/4bb968b39a097e0b
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you dare make a HA mystic you'll fail at life completely and utterly for what a mystic even is. Mystic are HEALERS not TANKERS, you'd never hold aggro whatsoever with any aps'rs cause of your pitiful low damage and your heals would suck horribly. You wouldn't even be able to heal yourself in PK before dying, nevertheless kill the enemy. Roll a BM/Seeker/Barb if you wanna be a HA tanker. This HA mystic idea is only good "if" you have the $$ to make yourself +12 and get anything in game. Otherwise you will completely fail....and be one shotted by magic attacks, given arcanes get lesser HP from VIT then other classes.

P.S. How much $$ needed to pull this off? Don't even try to imagine. Stick to 54 str 451(base) stats or don't roll a mystic at all if you cant cough up the $$ for this.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    a friend of mine has a HA mystic. he says its very different than arcane, most people probably wont like the build. its possible, but hard to build, especially if you lack money. Somehow he is able to wear nirvana heavy armor with a buddahs leaf.

i personally would not choose HA route, but no ones gonna stop you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character