Demon Salvation Bugged?

Options
Mysticae - Raging Tide
Mysticae - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Mystic
I'm a demon mystic from the Raging Tide server - hellos :D

So I recently acquired the demon salvation skill, greatly anticipating the new skill, but unfortunately it seems to be bugged.

The aegis shield no longer works as it did. For example, in FC pulls, I buff the barb before he runs, but as soon as he is hit by a mob, the shield vanishes well before the 45 second limit without any particular reason. This happens in TT too, when I buff the tank with only the aegis shield - not the new demon skill - which worked perfectly well before I bought the 92 demon salvation tome.

When I buff the squad with the aoe aegis shield bubble lookalike, the same problem occurs. If the tank/person who takes aggro is hit by a mob/boss, the bubble vanishes immediately - defeating its very purpose to act as a shield against damage.

My question is WHY does it vanish upon being hit?

I think there must be some sort of bug no? If there is, can it pleased be fixed ASAP as it is causing a lot of problems when I act as the healer in squads b:surrender

Of course, there is the possibility that I am being utterly dense, and have missed the clause in the skill description which states that the bubble dissipates upon receiving damage... Unlikely? I think so too.

Any advice, or commiserations from people who have the same problem would be much appreciated.

- Mysticae, Raging Tide.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Mysticae - Raging Tide on

Comments

• jaanyoo
    jaanyoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    From my understanding Salvation's shields absorb X amount of damage (and its a puny % if I recall correctly) so it would be logical for the shield to vanish when the quota of damage has been filled. Shield will last either 45 seconds OR when X amount of damage has been absorbed.
    Cleric's Winged Protection works in the same manner.

from the Mystic guide :
    Name: Salvation
    Info(Max Level): Energy Leech can draw the defense from this summon and grant you a shield which can
    absorb 4000 damage. You also get a 4500 HP Falling Petals.
    Pet's Skills:
    1.Aegis Sphere
    - Adds a shield to a target that can absorb X point of damage, improves magical and physical
    defenses for X% for X seconds (pet skill overall effect improves across summon skill level).
    2.Martyrdom
    - takes X% of target's damage, each point of damage cost 2 of the summon's mana.
    (pet skill overall effect improves across summon skill level).
    Perspective: Depends you and how you want it to be. decide for yourself here.
    Emphasis: independent.
    Sage: Mp cost reduce by 10%, salvation gains a new skill
    Demon: Gain 15 chi, salvation gains a new skill
    The new skill absorb 600 damage for all party members within 12m, also increase their defense by 5%
  • Mysticae - Raging Tide
    Mysticae - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ah I see. I blame my silly selective reading then x)

My salvation admiration bubble has suddenly been popped b:surrender

Thanks for the help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]