Endgame BM gear.

Options
Riad - Raging Tide
Riad - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Blademaster
Yes, once again, i come to you, the professionals to ask your opinions on what gear an end game BM should have. I just hit level 100 and i'm in the market at the moment. My budget is around 200 - 400 USD. To all those who oppose item malling, too bad. I got a job and it cuts out of my "farming" time.

Ok so, the type of BM i'd LIKE to have is a 5APS sparked demon obv. This is a link to the current gear i'm aiming for, DO NOT look at the refines, just the items themselves. I am fully aware 400 USD cannot afford me this but it should get me the gear w/o refines.

http://pwcalc.com/0d208fca3d04695d

Now, yet again, let me remind you, I AM A NOOB. I joined December and in my free time i just leveled as i saw fit. This setup i was told is the most cost effective in getting decent 5APS endgame status. Now, if there is something better, please, feel free to post your own creations. Please bear in mind, i'm not aiming to be one of the best BM's etc. I just want a DECENT end game item recommendation. Also, if you could, please state what refines i should get if i was keeping that gear forever. Thanks again for your help, Godspeed.
Post edited by Riad - Raging Tide on

Comments

• QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yes, once again, i come to you, the professionals to ask your opinions on what gear an end game BM should have. I just hit level 100 and i'm in the market at the moment. My budget is around 200 - 400 USD. To all those who oppose item malling, too bad. I got a job and it cuts out of my "farming" time.

Ok so, the type of BM i'd LIKE to have is a 5APS sparked demon obv. This is a link to the current gear i'm aiming for, DO NOT look at the refines, just the items themselves. I am fully aware 400 USD cannot afford me this but it should get me the gear w/o refines.

http://pwcalc.com/0d208fca3d04695d

Now, yet again, let me remind you, I AM A NOOB. I joined December and in my free time i just leveled as i saw fit. This setup i was told is the most cost effective in getting decent 5APS endgame status. Now, if there is something better, please, feel free to post your own creations. Please bear in mind, i'm not aiming to be one of the best BM's etc. I just want a DECENT end game item recommendation. Also, if you could, please state what refines i should get if i was keeping that gear forever. Thanks again for your help, Godspeed.

If you can afford it get NV chest aswell, the 5atk lv bonus helps. You can also get 1 LA piece for example chest and trade out one of the eva ornaments for something more useful like magdef.
    And tbh, you shoulda thrown those 400 into game in xmas time, when gold was 1.8-2m ea so you'd get more cash for it :P
  • _JlN_ - Heavens Tear
    _JlN_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Another common setup to consider is using LA wrists and boots along with HA ornaments. http://pwcalc.com/400b4bceef7c8045

This setup boosts physical and magic defence by about 2% and lower hp by 500.
    I'm not sure if the increased defence will offset the decrease in life.

One reason for choosing this setup is that if you decide to make an assassin or archer at some point, on the same account, you'd have most the gear ready for it.
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I got a built here considering BM's are str built and i do not simply understand of why are all BM's picking LA boots instead of HA boots. +18 stat increase is a lot better than just +9 stat increase. BM's only need Str and Dex, HP comes from shards and refines so the following built already has a base of 3.33 aps without a Tome.

Plus, you may add a tome and the chest piece with your likes and if you have enough coins make sure to replace the _LA BELT_ with a magic resist belt or anything for your needs.

http://pwcalc.com/d54be6189ece6387
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Another common setup to consider is using LA wrists and boots along with HA ornaments. http://pwcalc.com/400b4bceef7c8045

This setup boosts physical and magic defence by about 2% and lower hp by 500.
    I'm not sure if the increased defence will offset the decrease in life.

One reason for choosing this setup is that if you decide to make an assassin or archer at some point, on the same account, you'd have most the gear ready for it.

This is what I'd consider the better build. And its not a 2% defense difference, its a 2% increased reduction. You go from taking 28% to only taking 26% damage, a 7.5% decrease. If you shard vit gems that increase would be more pronounced, too, because the vit shards would multiply the defenses given by the ornies. The difference between 500 hp is only a 3.5% increase if you go LA ornies, which is obviously less of a bonus. Plus, if you have bloodpaint its easier to keep yourself healed because you are taking less damage rather than just having more hp but taking more dmg.

Another note, this build has 3 pieces of HA TT99, meaning you can upgrade the chest to Nirvana, rank 8, or switch out the necklace for a magic cube necklace for better mdef.
    I got a built here considering BM's are str built and i do not simply understand of why are all BM's picking LA boots instead of HA boots. +18 stat increase is a lot better than just +9 stat increase. BM's only need Str and Dex, HP comes from shards and refines so the following built already has a base of 3.33 aps without a Tome.

Plus, you may add a tome and the chest piece with your likes and if you have enough coins make sure to replace the _LA BELT_ with a magic resist belt or anything for your needs.

http://pwcalc.com/d54be6189ece6387

Because taking less damage is preferable to being able to lose more life?

I have seen multiple BMs try LA ornies and end up switching because they're so much squishier. Evasions belts are virtually pointless other than the -.05 int. Sure you allow yourself to use 2 pieces HA armor, but the hp gain is mediocre and you lose pdef and mdef in trade.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    200-400 USD with the know-how of what prices are too ridiculous and what prices are good/right you could end up getting:

http://pwcalc.com/87276e921660cc92

With the refines and shards I listed in the gear, I only put Perfect Citrines in the NV armor because at end-game what you actually want in those pieces is JoSD (Jade of Steady Defense). As for the other pieces, yeah if you get a pan gu (probably around 100-150 USD atm) you can drop the LA wrist and boots and get the HA wrists and boots.

Neck can be upgraded to Cube (G14) neck at a cost of probably 75-95 USD

If you don't have r8 that is 72 USD for it (since it's off that short sale now), r9 is 104 USD (For r9 ring though you will need to also get General Summer Token and Medal of Glory (both able to be bought from players or cash shop) then turn them into the same guy you turn the rep into and he'll give ya the ring.)

and I think that is about it, unless you want to upgrade the lunar ring to a PQ ring (Public Quest) which is Sky Cover...that would probably be around another 100 USD.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Citrine gems are horrible for BM. With two pdef orns, you'll want to shard sapphires or jades or anything with a decent magic attack will raep you.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/75f387949f0a6c17

Bit more reasonable of a build. Accounted for obtainable shards, sockets and refines. This gear with current gold prices would cost probably about 250-300 dollars atm. You'd have at least 100+ left over to improve it further (the shards would be at most 35, and each 6+ refine plus is a good 5 USD, more for further refines).
  • Riad - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback, i appreciate it GREATLY. Keep it coming :)
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    $400 won't get you far.

2s NV claws +10ed is $200 by itself.

More realistic price adjusted to RT economy at 1.5m/gold :

http://pwcalc.com/f2e4d533a9e7ef34

Claws - 110m
    Leggings - 210m
    Helm - 70m
    Boots - 50m
    Wrist - 40m
    Cape - 80m
    Neck - 20m
    Rings - 55m

I make it around 530m. Price of all pieces include cost of refining. At 1.5m/gold (generous given current price on RT is 1.25m/gold at the moment) you'll have 70m spare.

As I said, $400 will not get you far if you want to be PKing. For TW the gear is fine as BMs just run in with Iron Guard stun and HF.

I did read what you posted, but a BM with NV gears at low refines might as well just use lunar/TT99 at +10 or +7.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hurr: I'm sorry...but wtf at that neck?

Seriously you want to eliminate the possiblity of having the cube neck or even the swindler's neck to give some sort of m.def while still keeping the +5% HP stat?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    BMs does not require 5APS in TW so it can easily be replaced. While in open map PK on RT anything BM with sub 10k HP will get owned pretty badly.
  • Riad - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hmm, okay i see. I guess i have alot more to consider b:laugh
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    BMs does not require 5APS in TW so it can easily be replaced. While in open map PK on RT anything BM with sub 10k HP will get owned pretty badly.

Ahhh, I see. Guess it's to be expected with a server that was released based on high money income :/ (Still don't get why any of the 4 "new" servers where released to begin with...the GER and FR I do understand somewhat (being that a european playerbase required it)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Riad - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Options
    From all the comments and opinions that you all have offered, i've decided to go with this build, if you see anything that CAN improve, please feel free to correct me.

NOTE* - please don't suggest warflame, yes i know it's VERY good but it's also soo expensive :x

http://pwcalc.com/2ecd3f784823c70d
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Still a Fan of the 2 Piece LA, with HA Top + Belt and packing the Swindler's Necklace. You get the same HP, and loose maybe 1% Pdef for noticeably more Mdef. Also, only Jading two pieces of gear won't get you too far for a BM. Probably better off with full vit stones.

Also, you should get a tome. Voidlands is a nice Level 5 one if your not aiming too high. Failing that a level 3 Vit/Str tome isn't that pricey.
  • Riad - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Options
    all badz

Watcha mean? is my item build wrong? If so, please offer some suggestions, ty.
  • Riad - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Well, considering those equips cost more than 1500+ Gold, i don't think i'd be able to afford it. I was looking to spend somewhere between 400 - 600 gold on a decent 5APS build. Your gear is really outstanding but i don't think i'd want to spend THAT much on rank 9 unrefined at that. Thanks for your advice and suggestions.

Just looking for a decent APS build at a reasonable price.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    As I posted Earlier. Much cheaper than the last one you posted, would only cost ~300 USD and give you money for SKILLS and actually getting you level 100.

The thing is Vit stones and JoSD are really expensive. Those and all +10 refines alone is going to cost you more than your budget, let alone getting all the gear max socket. The above build can be done with Immacs if you want to save up money for full vit stones later, as being 5 APS with decent HP will give you a nice character to improve apon.
  • Riad - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Options
    As I posted Earlier. Much cheaper than the last one you posted, would only cost ~300 USD and give you money for SKILLS and actually getting you level 100.

The thing is Vit stones and JoSD are really expensive. Those and all +10 refines alone is going to cost you more than your budget, let alone getting all the gear max socket. The above build can be done with Immacs if you want to save up money for full vit stones later, as being 5 APS with decent HP will give you a nice character to improve apon.

I know what you mean, i already am level 100, my avatar is buggy atm and i've maxed out all my skills, the important ones at least. I've decided to spend a bit more, 500 - 600USD and i know it might not be enough to get everything but i'll try to compromise and use critine for the meantime. I already have money set aside for demon HF and Aura. So all i really needed was a good end game item build. Thanks again for your reply.
  • ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide
    ShadowsFlame - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I would advice u to just go with ur original plan. Later do this. This u can achieve by farming a few months. Anyways dont assume that the LA ormanets go wasted, if u ever decide to go g15 claws, ur free to use ur LA oraments. U wouldnt care much about the defense loss in pve with everything +10 xD example

I didnt put any shards there as i believe that sharding depends on ur play style and how much money u have. If u have coins go with jades on ur nirvana gears. Else go all vit stones or mix with dots/sapphires (personally not something i would preffer).

Its just my thoughts. Hope i helped u out a bit. b:bye
    current pwcalc.com/ecccbccc47400382
    aiming pwcalc.com/5ac2ca79fcef8da4
    b:bye
  • ineye11
    ineye11 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This is what I'd consider the better build. And its not a 2% defense difference, its a 2% increased reduction. You go from taking 28% to only taking 26% damage, a 7.5% decrease. If you shard vit gems that increase would be more pronounced, too, because the vit shards would multiply the defenses given by the ornies. The difference between 500 hp is only a 3.5% increase if you go LA ornies, which is obviously less of a bonus. Plus, if you have bloodpaint its easier to keep yourself healed because you are taking less damage rather than just having more hp but taking more dmg.

Another note, this build has 3 pieces of HA TT99, meaning you can upgrade the chest to Nirvana, rank 8, or switch out the necklace for a magic cube necklace for better mdef.

Because taking less damage is preferable to being able to lose more life?

I have seen multiple BMs try LA ornies and end up switching because they're so much squishier. Evasions belts are virtually pointless other than the -.05 int. Sure you allow yourself to use 2 pieces HA armor, but the hp gain is mediocre and you lose pdef and mdef in trade.

Troll dude. Wastin money on TT99 ornament is just pure bs. Why ?
    Cause ur APS pew pew build won't be used endgame and endgame ornaments are just NOT it

FOR PVE TARDS I recommend http://pwcalc.com/60efd662bd422283

U CAN FARM IT BRO GO AHEAD

LOLOLOLOLO
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ineye11 wrote: »
    Cause ur APS pew pew build won't be used endgame and endgame ornaments are just NOT it

LOLOLOLOLO

Did you just say TT9 ornaments won't be used endgame then post a link containing TT99 ornies? Then you call "aps pew pew" not endgame, then posted a 5 aps build.

Yes, I know you ripped that build off from a post three threads away, good job. But posting a warsoul +12 full JOSD with G16 neck, R9, and >1% odds R8 recast isn't really helpful in a thread where the OP says he has a 200-300 mil budget in the second line. Here's a lollipop and a quarter, go ride the pony while the adults talk
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ineye11
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Did you just say TT9 ornaments won't be used endgame then post a link containing TT99 ornies? Then you call "aps pew pew" not endgame, then posted a 5 aps build.

Yes, I know you ripped that build off from a post three threads away, good job. But posting a warsoul +12 full JOSD with G16 neck, R9, and >1% odds R8 recast isn't really helpful in a thread where the OP says he has a 200-300 mil budget in the second line. Here's a lollipop and a quarter, go ride the pony while the adults talk

Like I said you are a troll BM go 5 APS pew pew moar and stop showing shietz to new players.
    At least go learn to play before pulling **** out of urass.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Like I said you are a troll BM go 5 APS pew pew moar and stop showing shietz to new players.
    At least go learn to play before pulling **** out of urass.
    Troll post 2

LOLOLOLOLO

Troll post 1

Congratz?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ineye11
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wadafuk U Can Count To 3