Wizard at level 100

_Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
_Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Wizard
So, I finally got of my *** and started playing PWI semi again :P

Started watching a lot of HardToThink's videos, as well as Haiz(old) and Adriot's PK/TW videos. Made me think that I want to play a wizard as well, since it actually looks very fun.

Basically at level 100 this is the gear I have already on my veno which can be stashed over. Now the wep, top, bottoms, 1 ring are missing and I was wondering do I go rank 8? Or get nirvana for the wep, top, bottoms so I can use it on my veno as well. The other option for a weapon is the Radiant Wand which I thought looked nice due to the adds(the actual weapon attack is pretty **** though :( )

Any suggestions?

This is of course assuming I stay off my lazy *** and actually get there, which I'm hoping I willb:chuckle
TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    http://pwcalc.com/06a56104e8c94d3a
    R8 comes with a good weapon(always 2 socket), a good ring, and a great top(4 socket for 1m coins), You should be able to find a 4socket hh90 pants for under 10m. Nirvanas kind of expensive if you can afford nirvana gear+ a nirvana weapon you should just get the rank 9 weapon I think x/x
    http://pwcalc.com/86efd3e6ff907745

Oh and the radiant wand is millions of zillions of coins.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Yeah HardToThink is right. R8 is the best option to go for since it has the good 4socket top and 2 socket weapon. You COULD farm a bit of casters nivana during 2x (which is kinda over) for money/cannies if you're patient for TT99 gold gear and buy the gold mats and farm the green ones. The only TT99 worth getting is probably the bracers and the boots.
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    http://pwcalc.com/06a56104e8c94d3a
    R8 comes with a good weapon(always 2 socket), a good ring, and a great top(4 socket for 1m coins), You should be able to find a 4socket hh90 pants for under 10m. Nirvanas kind of expensive if you can afford nirvana gear+ a nirvana weapon you should just get the rank 9 weapon I think x/x
    http://pwcalc.com/86efd3e6ff907745

Oh and the radiant wand is millions of zillions of coins.

Thing is that if I do refine a weapon I would love to be able to use it on my veno, wizard, and mystic/cleric if I level those past the 80s :D The TT 90 pants are nice, but I would not refine them past +4 and I would like to be able to actually survive the tiniest bit in TW.

The Radiant Wand is now only 170mil, which is why I was considering that as a weapon.
    Yeah HardToThink is right. R8 is the best option to go for since it has the good 4socket top and 2 socket weapon. You COULD farm a bit of casters nivana during 2x (which is kinda over) for money/cannies if you're patient for TT99 gold gear and buy the gold mats and farm the green ones. The only TT99 worth getting is probably the bracers and the boots.

Mmm, but I have the +10 nirvana bracers and +10 Dancing Sparkle already.

The main thing though was being able to use the gear on multiple characters because I do like playing veno as well as wizard. I could have enough money to gear up one character quite well, but not two. So I would like to go for the best option money wise and character wise.

Maybe if I like playing wizard enough, I'll go for rank 8 recast.
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    The TT 90 pants are nice, but I would not refine them past +4 and I would like to be able to actually survive the tiniest bit in TW.

I use tt90 pants b:beatenup The purify spell is nice but its a chance to work and it might not work when you need it to. Radiant wand +12 give less magic attack than rank 8 +10 >< But if you have so many characters the nirvana glaive is omg~
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Apparently, the Radiant weapons are now affordable and their prices have changed to 170m, check PWDB if you want. I still think their base attack is too low though.
    edited January 2012
    I use tt90 pants b:beatenup The purify spell is nice but its a chance to work and it might not work when you need it to. Radiant wand +12 give less magic attack than rank 8 +10 >< But if you have so many characters the nirvana glaive is omg~

b:shockedSorry! Well you do very well for using them! I would not do so well using those thoughb:chuckle Yeah, the attack is the only thing I don't like about the radiant wand. :/ the adds are the only part I want :D
    Apparently, the Radiant weapons are now affordable and their prices have changed to 170m, check PWDB if you want. I still think their base attack is too low though.

Yeah the base attack is quite gross, I'll probably end up with R8 +10 or something. Really wanted that damn purify though :(
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    My wizard is going for R8 recast. Already obtained R8 recast leggings, now working on the wrists for 900 HP bonus plus the recast weapon. Got enough m.coins for one piece, now just a race to see what mats I can buy up first b:chuckle

I would seriously consider the Radiant Wand if its attack was a little more, hell, even if it was on par with G13 NV I'd probably consider it.
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Now a days for the wizzy at least for the wep is Rank or GTFO
    edited January 2012
    b:shockedSorry! Well you do very well for using them! I would not do so well using those thoughb:chuckle Yeah, the attack is the only thing I don't like about the radiant wand. :/ the adds are the only part I want :D

Yeah the base attack is quite gross, I'll probably end up with R8 +10 or something. Really wanted that damn purify though :(

The second cast nirvana glaive has the same magic attack has rank 8, and thats even without adding any stats to it. You can account stash it and its a very pretty weapon.
    I'll just use my build as an example
    R8: http://pwcalc.com/fb3edad4ca48f65e
    Nirvana glaive:http://pwcalc.com/f8505eb5ad213e53

Now you made me wish I got the glaive instead of r8 lol x/x
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/arme/quoit/r100%281%29.jpg
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    edited January 2012
    My wizard is going for R8 recast. Already obtained R8 recast leggings, now working on the wrists for 900 HP bonus plus the recast weapon. Got enough m.coins for one piece, now just a race to see what mats I can buy up first b:chuckle

I would seriously consider the Radiant Wand if its attack was a little more, hell, even if it was on par with G13 NV I'd probably consider it.

Mmm...the base attack is about 1.1k no? Just checked and I'm pretty sure it's refinable. So if it's refine rate is ok, +10 the attack might not be too bad?

EDIT: Take that back, just looked on PWcalc. It's horrible lol.
    The second cast nirvana glaive has the same magic attack has rank 8, and thats even without adding any stats to it. You can account stash it and its a very pretty weapon.
    I'll just use my build as an example
    R8: http://pwcalc.com/fb3edad4ca48f65e
    Nirvana glaive:http://pwcalc.com/f8505eb5ad213e53

Now you made me wish I got the glaive instead of r8 lol x/x
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/arme/quoit/r100%281%29.jpg

Looks wise I actually prefer the TT nirvana glaive :D but yes, that is an option then. Hmmm, so much to think about.

EDIT: Also, in regards as to which of the level 79 skills to learn first(I have them all, spirit is the issue though) I was thinking;

1-Undine Strike
    2-Soporific Whisper
    3-Elemental Shell

Any thoughts on that?
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    rank 8 +10 sucks
    you cant kill a fuuck

r9 or gtfo

pwiii
    i like potato
    edited January 2012
    rank 8 +10 sucks
    you cant kill a fuuck

r9 or gtfo

pwiii

umm..nope thats wrong. oo
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    umm..nope thats wrong. oo

psh b:shocked
    i like potato
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The only reason you should go with the nirv glaive is for it's looks or if you've got money to spare. There's little point in going R8 and Nirv glaive. That's a waste of the 72 gold for R8, can just get TT99 top and a lunar ring if you're not going to use the weapon anyway.

R8 still has more attack than the glaive, and when you want to compare the add-ons the glaive can get. Most are still not as good as the R8 add-ons. Plus for the cost of getting the 2nd stage Nirv weapon you can +10 your R8 weapon. So yeah, in my opinion unless you really want to stash the weapon or really want to go for the looks, go with R8. Plus the odds of actually getting 2 sockets on it is like 10%? So yeah, you miss out on +xxx magic (whichever gem you plan to use) for 1 socket unless you're really lucky. Or if you want to add in costs to 2nd socket the thing well then, you really have too much money and you should just do what you want to anyway xd

As for the 79 skills, you've got the order right. Undine is awesome, obviously. Whisper is really a PVP/PK skill and it's a close range skill. I doubt you want to walk up to a mob to sleep it, then walk back out of it's melee range.
    As for the elemental shell, it's free 30 chi every 30 seconds the way I see it. Nice to spam on a barb in TW or on yourself, but it only lasts 4 seconds and the 10% purify effect isn't all that great either. I personally got it to use on barbs in TW and for the 30 chi :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    HTT killz r9z likez hez gotz a gmz swordz b:shocked
    edited January 2012
    The only reason you should go with the nirv glaive is for it's looks or if you've got money to spare. There's little point in going R8 and Nirv glaive. That's a waste of the 72 gold for R8, can just get TT99 top and a lunar ring if you're not going to use the weapon anyway.

R8 still has more attack than the glaive, and when you want to compare the add-ons the glaive can get. Most are still not as good as the R8 add-ons. Plus for the cost of getting the 2nd stage Nirv weapon you can +10 your R8 weapon. So yeah, in my opinion unless you really want to stash the weapon or really want to go for the looks, go with R8. Plus the odds of actually getting 2 sockets on it is like 10%? So yeah, you miss out on +xxx magic (whichever gem you plan to use) for 1 socket unless you're really lucky. Or if you want to add in costs to 2nd socket the thing well then, you really have too much money and you should just do what you want to anyway xd

As for the 79 skills, you've got the order right. Undine is awesome, obviously. Whisper is really a PVP/PK skill and it's a close range skill. I doubt you want to walk up to a mob to sleep it, then walk back out of it's melee range.
    As for the elemental shell, it's free 30 chi every 30 seconds the way I see it. Nice to spam on a barb in TW or on yourself, but it only lasts 4 seconds and the 10% purify effect isn't all that great either. I personally got it to use on barbs in TW and for the 30 chi :P

Mmmm. It's just I want to be able to use the gear on most characters...but if I like playing wizard enough before I hit 100, I'll definitely get it rank 8.
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Yeah but what I mean to say is R8 isn't worth it if you're going to get another main weapon anyway. Might as well get a stash-able top/ring as well. Unless you really want the -6% on the chest, I'd say either get nirvana weapon and TT99/Nirv top or get R8. Getting both would be kind of a waste I'd' say Dx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Yeah but what I mean to say is R8 isn't worth it if you're going to get another main weapon anyway. Might as well get a stash-able top/ring as well. Unless you really want the -6% on the chest, I'd say either get nirvana weapon and TT99/Nirv top or get R8. Getting both would be kind of a waste I'd' say Dx

The -6 channeling isn't a big issue for me, I'd rather have more defense and HP then -6 channeling.

Now I just have to decide which nirvana weaponb:sad
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Foundation of world/Lunar nirv wand. Because it looks good with white fashion? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Sandy World (lunar NV sword) or foundation of the world.

Glaive and Pataka are just meh.
  • LaLeLoo - Sanctuary
    LaLeLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Lol at the "I'm finally getting off my *** to play pwi"b:chuckle

Anywho, now I know it is overrated but I'd go with R8, cheaper than go nirvana all together, yet stronger. (At least the weapon is)
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Lol at the "I'm finally getting off my *** to play pwi"b:chuckle

b:chuckle

Level 81, have to start ALL my own FF squads because no one wants a level 81 wiz with 5k HP which is also pure magicb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
This discussion has been closed.