Cloud Eruption or Chi Syphon?

Options
LyuKang - Sanctuary
LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Blademaster
Hi guys, I need your opinions on these two genie skills, since I want to do a spark + hf combo.

Which one is better to learn?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
Post edited by LyuKang - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Depends really. At lower levels Cloud Eruption is much better. Cheaper to learn and use, costs less affinity points, and doesn't need a target to be used. Chi Syhpon generally generates more Chi at higher levels, it's not a bad end game Dex genie skill.

Basically Cloud Eruption is always better until around level ~5 of Chi Syhpon. Look at the affinities and the main stat (Str vs Dex) and see which one fits better with the genie your building. Though at your level cloud eruption imo. Also, don't bother leveling Cloud Eruption - not worth the extra cost for the minute increase in chi gain.

Check out this genie affinity calculator if your not sure what skills you can use with either skill's affinities.
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Cool, thanks for the tip, I'll check this genie calculator later. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Morghast - Dreamweaver
    Morghast - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I was under the impression that Chi Siphon was broken.

Hm...
  • Mythessa - Heavens Tear
    Mythessa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Cloud eruption is better. It's all you need for HF spark combo, also it uses less energy, so can be used more frequently. Every 40 seconds with 100 mag or so (:

I use cloud eruption when a boss just dies and I want to gain some chi, no target needed
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I've got chi siphon on my 105 dex genie and it gives me 2.5 sparks essentially for 166 energy. I used to use cloud eruption on my str genie for 1v1, but it was 1.5 sparks for 130 energy... and in 1v1 I've hardly used it at all considering Occult Ice takes up half your energy.

I'd just go with whatever build of genie you have. Most fist BMs tend to go with Occult Ice and Cloud Eruption Genie, but I've had more success with a defensive Badge of Courage, Fortify, Chi Siphon set up for Mass PvP.

In PvE it doesn't really matter lol, just note chi siphon is dex genie, and cloud is str genie.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI