the new sale.

Options
2»

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Probably you're right, but there's a chance the merchant is going for fast sales in order to take advantage of relatively cheap Gold, in which case they'll keep their prices low no matter what, until their stock runs out.

Merchants who believe (hope?) PWI will keep going with a couple more weeks of non-sales will raise their prices, while those who believe (assume?) the brief respite isn't going to last are trying to move everything quickly in order to get ~15% cheaper Gold, fast.

I admit I'm in the second camp.

If we were talking about tokens or something as such, I'd have broken it down as you have, but we are on the topic of 1* orbs. I don't see there being a re-sale of them so quick as they never have had a 1* orb sale within a month of one ending (that I can remember).
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If we were talking about tokens or something as such, I'd have broken it down as you have, but we are on the topic of 1* orbs. I don't see there being a re-sale of them so quick as they never have had a 1* orb sale within a month of one ending (that I can remember).
    I admit I'm purely just speculating what the other merchant is thinking, but it's still possible he's going for a fast sale with the D.Orbs.

I've done the kind of thing he's appears to be doing before. I've had a stockpile of items I know probably won't go on-sale for another 3-4 months, yet along comes a 20% drop in Gold, and I'm liquidating them.

My reasoning is based on the fact that if I can sell for 20% profit, and then use that to buy 20% cheaper Gold, then the two values will multiply together, and I've made a profit of 44%.

So at that point I'm asking myself, "How long before I'm able to sell these for more than 44% markup?" If I think that's a month or two away, then I'm probably going to liquidate, take the 44% profit now, and try to re-invest it, rather than wait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • TheUnderLord - Lost City
    TheUnderLord - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It's always a safer bet to take the profit immediately, then take advantage of cheap gold - if you have a massive supply and if major capital is invested into that supply...
    "yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery....but today it is a gift, that is why it is called the present."

L.C. Merchantile Asset Management est.2010
    (pwinsider.wordpress.com)