the new sale.

KaiserNeko - Archosaur
KaiserNeko - Archosaur Posts: 192 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
ok, so the fash is nice. i love the way the female fash looks in black. but really now? a very overpriced d orb sale :S. was hoping for a pack sale to bring the token market back into something more resonable. lets hope this happens next week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

you flail
Post edited by KaiserNeko - Archosaur on

Comments

• Arlenia - Dreamweaver
    Arlenia - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    There are still packs on sale, just not at such a massively reduced price as over xmas. But with gold prices having lowered it comes down to a similar price per pack, ironically.

I for one am glad that the insane sales are gone. Gives me a chance to stock up on some cheapish gold for the next good sale.And tokens have gone up in price by less than 1k each (still under 11k on my server last I checked) which is nowhere near unreasonable. Plus any smart person stocked up on them while they were cheap.
  • Kalirin - Sanctuary
    Kalirin - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Nice to not see PACK SALE PACK SALE PACK SALE non stop for week after week in my opinion :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sanct - 100 Sage Cleric
    Sanct - 100 Demon Bm
  • Telery - Raging Tide
    Telery - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    On RT the tokens cost 12.5k each, and only goes up from there not down and with each and every day they slowly rises from there.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    But with gold prices having lowered it comes down to a similar price per pack, ironically.

And yet people argue that gold price is not driven by sales.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    How can you have an Over-priced sale?

If it's cheaper than the original price, what is the issue?
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    idk what you mean by lowering the cost of gold, it went from 1.6-1.7 before the sale to 1.8-2m each after on Dreamweaver
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Anyone mind telling me the gold prices on HT at the moment?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    And yet people argue that gold price is not driven by sales.

Its not..no more than 6.0mm is used for the diameter of a/c adapter tips and really means like 6 cm?
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Bring the token market back down to reasonable? Are you stupid? We just had a whole month (or more?) of lowest ever pack sale. Yeah while we are at it, let's give us 2X so we can fill up the shortage of mats on the market.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Its not..no more than 6.0mm is used for the diameter of a/c adapter tips and really means like 6 cm?

I have no idea what your anecdote has to do with your refuting my claim.

Regardless, I'll just suggest that you educate yourself.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The really odd thing is there isn't much besides fashion to get out of the cash shop atm, yet gold prices have held at a still slightly high price.
  • L_BUFF_YOU - Sanctuary
    L_BUFF_YOU - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Nice female fashion, the male fashion looks kinda *** though. b:chuckle
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The really odd thing is there isn't much besides fashion to get out of the cash shop atm, yet gold prices have held at a still slightly high price.

Slightly high price b:puzzled Once upon a time gold was well under 1 mil but people are greedy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I have no idea what your anecdote has to do with your refuting my claim.

Regardless, I'll just suggest that you educate yourself.

It's amazing how people don't get this. Every major gold price increase followed this same exact model, with PWE pulling the strings either intentionally or unintentionally.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    How can you have an Over-priced sale?

If it's cheaper than the original price, what is the issue?

The issue is you can buy 1* dragon orbs from catshops and make the dragon orbs cheaper than you can buy them from the shop, even with this sale.

thats not realy a sale is it.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ok, so the fash is nice. i love the way the female fash looks in black. but really now? a very overpriced d orb sale :S. was hoping for a pack sale to bring the token market back into something more resonable. lets hope this happens next week.
    ew really? D: to me it just looked emo lolita fashion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • KaiserNeko - Archosaur
    KaiserNeko - Archosaur Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ew really? D: to me it just looked emo lolita fashion

Gothic lolita is one of my favorite styles in fashion :) hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

you flail
  • bluejays101
    bluejays101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This is arguably one of the worse, if not pointless, sales in pwi history. 2 more useless fashion sets and expensive lower end d.orbs masked as discounts...at least this should bring down gold prices on LC
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    at least this should bring down gold prices on LC

Sooo then not all that bad?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Don't really like the new fashion. The nurse set just looks pretty much **** to me b:surrender And hairstye is tideborn with some bangs lol
    I might get the male hair and shirt though... shirt looks cool and the headfash kinda reminds me of a certain star trek character b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • bluejays101
    bluejays101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sooo then not all that bad?

It is bad cuz as a merchant, there's Nothing to sell. at all.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The nurse set just looks pretty much ****

b:question I fail to see the problem...
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It is bad cuz as a merchant, there's Nothing to sell. at all.
    If you don't mind all the extra clicking, research, and book-keeping, and can free up 33 Inventory slots, there are Pigments.

They're not a high-volume, rapid-turnover item, though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • TheUnderLord - Lost City
    TheUnderLord - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If you don't mind all the extra clicking, research, and book-keeping, and can free up 33 Inventory slots, there are Pigments.

They're not a high-volume, rapid-turnover item, though...

I read your blog on that subject before, and I have to say it is not appealing to try and sell pigments (whether opened or unopened hot colors pack, or even random pigments for that matter) due to several important factors on Lost City:

1) absolutely flooded with merchants selling pigments
    2) requires a huge amount of capital just to generate decent profit return
    3) ties up capital in pigments b/c they sell slow

I rather invest my coins into buying gold strategically than spending all that effort you mentioned above. Simply not worth it b:surrender
    "yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery....but today it is a gift, that is why it is called the present."

L.C. Merchantile Asset Management est.2010
    (pwinsider.wordpress.com)
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    What was the marketing team thinking? Has ANYONE boughten these?
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    People probably did buy them from the cash shop, at least the ones who aren't economically conscious of the factors involved when purchasing those overvalued d.orbs...and also of the fact that you can still purchase cheaper stockpiled d.orbs in catshops.

However, they reintroduced the statement of sale ending dates, which is of course absolutely important...
    "yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery....but today it is a gift, that is why it is called the present."

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The issue is you can buy 1* dragon orbs from catshops and make the dragon orbs cheaper than you can buy them from the shop, even with this sale.

thats not realy a sale is it.

Then they haven't adjusted their prices yet and burn them now while you can. I can guarantee as soon as they see what the alternative prices are they will change their prices. Perfect world doesn't need to do sales that are dictated by what a catshop is selling them for...
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited January 2012
    Then they haven't adjusted their prices yet and burn them now while you can. I can guarantee as soon as they see what the alternative prices are they will change their prices. Perfect world doesn't need to do sales that are dictated by what a catshop is selling them for...

+1

it's a 1 way relationship.

• WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Then they haven't adjusted their prices yet and burn them now while you can. I can guarantee as soon as they see what the alternative prices are they will change their prices.
    Probably you're right, but there's a chance the merchant is going for fast sales in order to take advantage of relatively cheap Gold, in which case they'll keep their prices low no matter what, until their stock runs out.

Merchants who believe (hope?) PWI will keep going with a couple more weeks of non-sales will raise their prices, while those who believe (assume?) the brief respite isn't going to last are trying to move everything quickly in order to get ~15% cheaper Gold, fast.

I admit I'm in the second camp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Probably you're right, but there's a chance the merchant is going for fast sales in order to take advantage of relatively cheap Gold, in which case they'll keep their prices low no matter what, until their stock runs out.

Merchants who believe (hope?) PWI will keep going with a couple more weeks of non-sales will raise their prices, while those who believe (assume?) the brief respite isn't going to last are trying to move everything quickly in order to get ~15% cheaper Gold, fast.

I admit I'm in the second camp.

After pack sale gold dropped from around 1.9 to 1.5 mil on my server. At this time it was prudent to merchant the dragon's fire packs and perhaps ocean orbs (didn't try these). Now these are no longer on sale and yet gold price remained the same. What are people spending their gold on right now? Is it honestly the pigments? *shudders*

I'm very hesitant to try merchant anything I wouldn't use in a million years, as I don't understand the customers at all, which makes it hard to judge prices and such. I was hoping to unload stock and get the, what I assumed would be, cheaper gold. It appears people on Archosaur love their fashion too much, gold actually went up a little on average.