The current state of PWI

Options
2»

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i dont mind things NOT being implimented but would like things that need to be fixed, FIXED. ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Riiight, because the Occupy protesters were totally there to complain about iphones (or the specific company who makes them). >_> So I guess it's not just me whose points you consistently miss like a champ, huh?

My point: If you are really unhappy with any company's operations, stop using their product. Ex 1. If you complain about corporate greed... stop buying product from the biggest public traded company who has a 40% profit margin.
    Ex 2. If you complain about banking cost and/or banker's pay... stop opening banks accounts.

Your point: Even though I am unhappy with a company's operations and whine about their customer service, I will continue to support the company by using their product.
    Ex 1. "I'm not happy with the state of things", but I am still here playing their game.

Yea... I wonder which one of us makes more sense... and which one of us is a ****. Either way, I can tell you this. I if am truly unhappy with the game's development/direction, you can bet that you won't catch me here day in and day out.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Polls provide GM/Dev's visual feed back into a subject.

Starting threads that are a bunch of people QQing about stuff or insulting the game does nothing to help them figure out what to make better, if anything they start tuning that stuff out. At least with a poll they can see simply People are Happy or People are Unhappy, with out truging through mindless insults and flames.

Mind you I am not hoping for a Posative or Negative response. I really want to see what the concense is of the players on the forum as we are the most vocal aspect of the game. If everyone Chooses no, The "Powers that be" are going to have to take notice, I'm sorry as a business they can't just ignore overwhelming data that shows stuff like that. You may think they can but in all honesty they can't.

If you say well they've ignored all the QQ threads.. well yea because thats all it is people yelling and screaming. If it is nice concise data that provides informative information to them, in all honesty you probably will get a better response from them with that.

Who will you listen to first, Someone Yelling at you callin you stupid, or someone presenting you data and facts in a calm thought out manner?

You assume this thread hasn't been done a hundred times in the past 3+ years.

It's nice that you're trying to be proactive, but these threads don't matter. Nothing new will be said that hasn't already been said a dozen times. The same arguments that were valid a year ago are the same arguments today. They won't change anything at all.

And you keep on asking for people to prove stuff. You're the new guy making a bunch of assumptions without having any real knowledge to back up what you're saying when most of the stuff being said is accepted as common knowledge here.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

And you keep on asking for people to prove stuff. You're the new guy making a bunch of assumptions without having any real knowledge to back up what you're saying when most of the stuff being said is accepted as common knowledge here.

Oh hai there Michael b:bye

This thread has nothing to do with that so please don't drag stuff that you are still obviously upset over into threads that are ment for actual discussion.

As far as your comment, "threads like this don't matter." maybe not to you.

We obviously have two different perspective on how things work. So lets simply agree to disagree

if you want to bicker like a school child then please make another thread and we can go in there and go back and forth like childern in that one. cool?
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Oh hai there Michael b:bye

This thread has nothing to do with that so please don't drag stuff that you are still obviously upset over into threads that are ment for actual discussion.

if you want to bicker like a school child then please make another thread and we can go in there and go back and forth like childern in that one. cool?

Please re-read my post to you. There was no spite or predisposition to fight on my behalf.

You're ranting, I'm just making a statement based off years of observation of this game and it's staff as well its player base.

You're the one who started taking things personally from our first 'meeting'.

b:bye
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Please re-read my post to you. There was no spite or predisposition to fight on my behalf.

You're ranting, I'm just making a statement based off years of observation of this game and it's staff as well its player base.

You're the one who started taking things personally from our first 'meeting'.

I seriously can not be the only person who has shown you this much attention. You have got to have other people you can go and chat with, dude. This Thread has nothing to do with us or how I made you butt hurt.

Aqain, if you want to bicker then create another thread and we can do it there. I'm asking nicely pls stop derailing my threads with something that I have moved on from and you should do as well.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I seriously can not be the only person who has shown you this much attention. You have got to have other people you can go and chat with, dude. This Thread has nothing to do with us or how I made you butt hurt.

Aqain, if you want to bicker then create another thread and we can do it there. I'm asking nicely pls stop derailing my threads with something that I have moved on from and you should do as well.

Do you have a nervous twitch every time you see me post?

This is an internet message forum, I'm free to state my opinion towards anyone I want.

You're still taking things personally.

Step back, take a breath. Come back.

I'm not out to get you. lol
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Do you have a nervous twitch every time you see me post?

This is an internet message forum, I'm free to state my opinion towards anyone I want.

You're still taking things personally.

Step back, take a breath. Come back.

I'm not out to get you. lol

You would have to say something worth value for me to take it personal. Am I annoyed by you, oh yea completely. But don't act like I didn't get under your skin, other wise you wouldn't be trolling my threads with your lil buddys. it's cute tho it really is. I'm always curious what you will say next, it's like watching the special olympics with you and your buddys trying to make it too first place.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You would have to say something worth value for me to take it personal. Am I annoyed by you, oh yea completely. But don't act like I didn't get under your skin, other wise you wouldn't be trolling my threads with your lil buddys. it's cute tho it really is. I'm always curious what you will say next, it's like watching the special olympics with you and your buddys trying to make it too first place.

See, you're paranoid.

I have no little buddies in this forum.

And yes, you got under my skin for acts of sheer stupidity. And when someone specifically calls me out and is stupid about it, my only intent and desire is to show them how idiotic they look when they're too far into a blind rage to see it.

b:pleased
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Unless it gets like a certain sega game, I'm not too worried.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you two grew up and got over it, I would actually bother reading the OP and typing a serious reply.

Men. b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you two grew up and got over it, I would actually bother reading the OP and typing a serious reply.

Men. b:scorn

He's paranoid delusional. I stopped trolling him on Monday, but he can't stop trolling me.

b:surrender
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    He's paranoid delusional. I stopped trolling him on Monday, but he can't stop trolling me.

b:surrender

Awww Michael, if I had of known that you coming into threads I started and bringing up stuff from other threads was what you considered trolling you, i totally would have had second thoughts. haha my bad.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Awww Michael, if I had of known that you coming into threads I started and bringing up stuff from other threads was what you considered trolling you, i totally would have had second thoughts. haha my bad.

er...

What?

Are you denying that you've been trolling me?

/confused
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    er...

What?

Are you denying that you've been trolling me?

/confused

So what you are saying Michael is you are happy with the state of PWI or would you be one of the ones who voted No?
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So what you are saying Michael is you are happy with the state of PWI or would you be one of the ones who voted No?

My stance on PWE hasn't changed in the last year and all of my 'assumptions' are based from all the time I've spent here. Most people already know what side I'm on:

The original game as developed is fine, in fact, despite it's many shortcomings was pretty amazing. PWE mismanagement has done nothing but harmed the game.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My stance on PWE hasn't changed in the last year and all of my 'assumptions' are based from all the time I've spent here. Most people already know what side I'm on:

The original game as developed is fine, in fact, despite it's many shortcomings was pretty amazing. PWE mismanagement has done nothing but harmed the game.

See that wasn't so hard, all that other Childish jibber jabber wasn't need. I think i see why you are so upset. look you can assume all you want I really don't care. People assume things this is normal and nothing wrong with it at all unless you are trying to make people believe what you are saying as fact.

Michael the whole point of me telling you to prove what you were saying in that thread I said that to you in was because of your claims, that and you were insulting the person who started the thread for doing something you had no problem doing yourself.

Now that that is cleared up you care to stop trolling my threads?

PS just because I post in the same thread as you does not mean I am trolling you. I am big enough to let things go. So lets do this and let it go so this thread can continue with the intended purpose.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This thread has been brought up 100's of times... If the community's perception of how bad the state of the game was actually mattered, you'd think they would've taken appropriate action maybe 2 years ago.

When you don't actually have to play the game to be on top that will usually elicit a bad taste in any hard core MMO gamers' mouth.

I haven't really farmed or charged zhen since the RT expansion and I'm sitting on billions of coins and +12 gears... The game is more of an e-business than a game at this point; you don't have to actually engage in any game-play other than moving your mouse a few times over your cat shop to win the game.

PvP is pretty limited as well; it's always the same 10-20 people I am fighting over at West Gate/Silver Pool/Hidden Orchid. They shouldn't have removed SP if they weren't going to replace it with anything decent.

The game is pretty much at a stand still for many players; you don't get weekly content or updates like you would in most other MMOs.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • bluejays101
    bluejays101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sagek man, the existence of this poll simply reeks of redundancy of the many threads and polls conducted before. In fact the way you set up the poll is so friggin vague and general that it obviously doesn't point to anything specific.

So what if it shows that a majority of players are unhappy with the state of the game? How's that going to help the gms/devs improve it? What needs to be improved? Customer service?

Cmon, plenty of players already knows how bad things are and the areas it needs to be improved, it's essentially common sense on the forums.

Just like Michaelael and Michael Dark has proven, this poll is flawed, inaccurate, and basically redundant because there's nothing you have said that wasn't discussed in the forum years ago.

A much more important question to consider is the remaining life shelf for pwi given the recent developments in pwe's CEO scandal/fraud and the falling of stock shares to a brand new low. How long will it last? What does the upper echelon of pwe management has to do in order to save it?
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This thread has been brought up 100's of times... If the community's perception of how bad the state of the game was actually mattered, you'd think they would've taken appropriate action maybe 2 years ago.

When you don't actually have to play the game to be on top that will usually elicit a bad taste in any hard core MMO gamers' mouth.

I haven't really farmed or charged zhen since the RT expansion and I'm sitting on billions of coins and +12 gears... The game is more of an e-business than a game at this point; you don't have to actually engage in any game-play other than moving your mouse a few times over your cat shop to win the game.

PvP is pretty limited as well; it's always the same 10-20 people I am fighting over at West Gate/Silver Pool/Hidden Orchid. They shouldn't have removed SP if they weren't going to replace it with anything decent.

The game is pretty much at a stand still for many players; you don't get weekly content or updates like you would in most other MMOs.

Thank you for that. The idea behind this thread is to get a general Idea of how many people feel this way, There will come other Polls that get more into the specifics. Once I have enough data I can correlate it and post my findings in a format that is easy to read and does nothing but provide that data. No QQing, No Flaming no Rage quits or fights.

Just plain and simple data that expresses the desires/discontent of the community.

I apologize for having to start this process with the basics that many of the forum community has seen over and over. But it is necessary..
    edited January 2012
    Options
    See that wasn't so hard, all that other Childish jibber jabber wasn't need.

/facepalm

It's amazing how contradictory you are. You're the one who brought that so called "Childish jibber jabber".

As I said, I stopped trolling you on Monday yet you still like trying to get the last word with insulting tones.

So you're still trolling even though you're pretending not to.

And for the record, Did I bring your name up in convo in any other thread that had nothing to do with you? No. Did you? Yes.

Seriously, you need to start taking your meds again. Your paranoia will go away. So will the nervous twitch.

PS just because I post in the same thread as you does not mean I am trolling you. I am big enough to let things go. So lets do this and let it go so this thread can continue with the intended purpose.

Another contradiction alert.

I stopped trolling you on Monday.

You kept it going.

You're keeping it going.

It's ok. I'm a troll too. I'm just not confused like you are.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    /facepalm

It's amazing how contradictory you are. You're the one who brought that so called "Childish jibber jabber".

As I said, I stopped trolling you on Monday yet you still like trying to get the last word with insulting tones.

So you're still trolling even though you're pretending not to.

And for the record, Did I bring your name up in convo in any other thread that had nothing to do with you? No. Did you? Yes.

Seriously, you need to start taking your meds again. Your paranoia will go away. So will the nervous twitch.

Another contradiction alert.

I stopped trolling you on Monday.

You kept it going.

You're keeping it going.

It's ok. I'm a troll too. I'm just not confused like you are.

Michael today is Wednesday, You've come into both my threads and Started trolling about a arguement we had on monday. You obviously do not know what you are doing.

Why is it so hard for you to just move on? How many times do I have to tell you I don't want to continue arguing with you? How many times do I have to tell you this is stupid and pointless? How many times are you going to come in here and try to continuely prove me wrong in a arguement that is two days old? Is it the fact that i told someone how a arguement was started that you are having so much of an issue with? I mean what is your problem, are you saying I am not allowed to post in a thread just because you posted in it? are you saying that I am not allowed to question what you say if I find it unclear and am interested in understanding you better?
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Michael today is Wednesday, You've come into both my threads and Started trolling about a arguement we had on monday. You obviously do not know what you are doing.

Why is it so hard for you to just move on? How many times do I have to tell you I don't want to continue arguing with you? How many times do I have to tell you this is stupid and pointless? How many times are you going to come in here and try to continuely prove me wrong in a arguement that is two days old? Is it the fact that i told someone how a arguement was started that you are having so much of an issue with? I mean what is your problem, are you saying I am not allowed to post in a thread just because you posted in it? are you saying that I am not allowed to question what you say if I find it unclear and am interested in understanding you better?

You're an idiot.

Read where you kept trolling me AFTER I posted a legitimate response:

Your response:
    See that wasn't so hard, all that other Childish jibber jabber wasn't need. I think i see why you are so upset. look you can assume all you want I really don't care. People assume things this is normal and nothing wrong with it at all unless you are trying to make people believe what you are saying as fact.

Michael the whole point of me telling you to prove what you were saying in that thread I said that to you in was because of your claims, that and you were insulting the person who started the thread for doing something you had no problem doing yourself.

You have serious mental issues.

• Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You're an idiot.

Read where you kept trolling me AFTER I posted a legitimate response:

Your response:

You have serious mental issues.

You really are special, Bless your heart.

So we are in agreement then your going to stop trolling and I don't have to worry about you any more?
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You really are special, Bless your heart.

So we are in agreement then your going to stop trolling and I don't have to worry about you any more?

It must hurt to know your logic always fails you.

• Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It must hurt to know your logic always fails you.

Thats cute, but no seriously, You done? we can move on and get back on topic? Or are you going to continue to troll me?
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thats cute, but no seriously, You done? we can move on and get back on topic? Or are you going to continue to troll me?

Why do you keep responding to me if you have nothing valid to say?

Am I infringing on your obsessive compulsive need to get in the last word?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    While this thread was okay while it lasted, this has gone a little too far.

Closed.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Can't expect a new player to research the three year history of these forums and this game, so there's no reason to jump all over him for putting up a poll with good intentions.
This discussion has been closed.