The current state of PWI

Sagek - Sanctuary
Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Are you happy with how PWI is currently ran? Do you loath something about it?

I wanted to make a poll that reflects the Players feelings in-regards to this matter so that we can all see.

Once it is established that there is a general feeling. I or someone else can make another Poll getting down to specifics. (I.e unhappy with Customer service, GM's, Technology, etc)
Post edited by Sagek - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It`s pointless to make any polls on the forums, here you mostly have dissatisfied people and the majority of REAL players don`t even come here, the poll will be highly biased!
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Happy b:victory

People are more inclined to state when they are unhappy and keep their mouths shut when the enjoy something. So your poll will most likely be in the negative state.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Neutrall... I think there are good things in this game... But I feel the game is kinda lacking in staff... Things could be aproved, devs could try to actualy communicate wiith ppl, moe awnsers could be given, things could be fixed... But I keep comming back to the game so I'm happy enough I guess... It's kinda fun to play every now and then even with the flaws... I do hope certain things will improve a bit this year so I can give a higher rating then 3 out of 5 stars...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    It`s pointless to make any polls on the forums, here you mostly have dissatisfied people and the majority of REAL players don`t even come here, the poll will be highly biased!

Polls provide GM/Dev's visual feed back into a subject.

Starting threads that are a bunch of people QQing about stuff or insulting the game does nothing to help them figure out what to make better, if anything they start tuning that stuff out. At least with a poll they can see simply People are Happy or People are Unhappy, with out truging through mindless insults and flames.

Mind you I am not hoping for a Posative or Negative response. I really want to see what the concense is of the players on the forum as we are the most vocal aspect of the game. If everyone Chooses no, The "Powers that be" are going to have to take notice, I'm sorry as a business they can't just ignore overwhelming data that shows stuff like that. You may think they can but in all honesty they can't.

If you say well they've ignored all the QQ threads.. well yea because thats all it is people yelling and screaming. If it is nice concise data that provides informative information to them, in all honesty you probably will get a better response from them with that.

Who will you listen to first, Someone Yelling at you callin you stupid, or someone presenting you data and facts in a calm thought out manner?
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Starting threads that are a bunch of people QQing about stuff or insulting the game does nothing to help them figure out what to make better, if anything they start tuning that stuff out.

Too bad too... I tried to come up with a few ideas for improvement a few times but there where barely ppl reading it because it was posted between all the QQing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Gonna have to go with "no." I love PWI, I love what it could've become. But that's why I'm not happy with the state of things now.

I'm not sure a poll would truly capture the problems with this game. That sort of thing has been tried before. In the end, it all really comes down to a little inept management by PWE and a lot of incompetence from the devs, but popular opinion won't necessarily reflect that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This is just pathetic. If there are so many of you not happy with the game... then why are you still here. When I am unhappy with something... I don't hang around and torture myself more. And don't give me that **** about you are here to hang out with friends. Hanging out with friends in a game IS part of the game. So obvious there are parts of the game that you are happy with... and that part is enough to have you over look all the game's supposedly downfalls. Either that or you guys are all masochists... take your pick.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This is just pathetic. If there are so many of you not happy with the game... then why are you still here. When I am unhappy with something... I don't hang around and torture myself more. And don't give me that **** about you are here to hang out with friends. Hanging out with friends in a game IS part of the game. So obvious there are parts of the game that you are happy with... and that part is enough to have you over look all the game's supposedly downfalls. Either that or you guys are all masochists... take your pick.

It's not the game we're dissatisfied about, it's the company.
    If we didn't think pw wasn't a good game, we would've all left long ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    It's not the game we're dissatisfied about, it's the company.
    If we didn't think pw wasn't a good game, we would've all left long ago.

So why don't you alloborate on your statement.

What part of the company do you not like? Because from what I can tell and I have been around since September 08, people are unhappy with how the game has changed.

I ask becuase I am curious as to what you mean by the company but not the game itself.
  • Auralina - Sanctuary
    Auralina - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sagek, you're a great friend and I admire your efforts at cheering up the forum lol, but good luck I think it's like trying to patch that hole in the Titanic with 2 bandaids. Thanks for helping with the new axes yesterday!! :D

I think engaging in forum arguments and grumbling is another form of game addiction which seems fairly rampant on any game forum. It's the same at work or anywhere, there will always be unhappy people, it's whether you choose to pay attention and be distracted by it. If you enjoy the arguing, I guess that's ok but it's your choice to particpate in it. I have found the forum very helpful overall and I can usually find the info I need, but for me the arguments aren't worth reading or participating in.

Oh by the way, I love PWI, otherwise I wouldn't be here.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012

What part of the company do you not like? Because from what I can tell and I have been around since September 08, people are unhappy with how the game has changed.

I ask becuase I am curious as to what you mean by the company but not the game itself.
    The company is responsible for the changes to the game. Different aspects of the company, most notably PWE and the devs in Beijing, are responsible for different problems which have negatively affected the game since 2008.

We all love the game itself, or we wouldn't be playing it. But we can love the game and still disagree with how it is being handled. That, I think, is what she was saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    The company is responsible for the changes to the game. Different aspects of the company, most notably PWE and the devs in Beijing, are responsible for different problems which have negatively affected the game since 2008.

We all love the game itself, or we wouldn't be playing it. But we can love the game and still disagree with how it is being handled. That, I think, is what she was saying.

So basically you are guy like those occupy people. All protesting against the big corporate companies and their profits (i believed cook pulled 375 million pay package in 2011)... and yet continue to buy their products (have you seem how many occupy people have iphone/ipads). Better yet... complain about bac... while using their ATM. Yea... its such a good idea to complain about the company on one hand... while consuming their products with the other. That'll teach them... to make more money.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    But you say that you are dispointed in changes in the game, but you love the game.

I guess to me, it all sounds the same. If they make changes that you don't like but than tell someone you love the game, is that not contradicting what you just said?
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited January 2012

It mostly has to do with slow response or getting no response at all on bugs or complaints about the game itself.
    If the game was manged differently, and some things were tweaked, it would be fine.

2008, game was still brand new, no major downsides other than cs prices being higher than pw my-en's. I don't recall too many other issues during this time.
    Late 2008 or early 2009, nixes were released, people qq'd about its bleed, nothing was really done about it.
    Mid 2009, I believe genies were released, I don't remember any other major complaints during this time other than nixes.
    Late 2009, during august I believe, packs were released. This no doubt started the most massive qq ever about pw since people still qq about it to this day.
    This also started major qq on whoracles since tokens made them easy to obtain, this when powerleveling took hold in pw.
    In all this time, nothing has been done about balancing packs so they don't mess with the economy like it does. Imo the concept is fine since tokens are useful, but it's all the gear or 10 mill notes or such that made it unbalanced. Even though the chance to obtain such items are low, the constant sales make them easier to abuse.
    Towards the end of 2009, tb was released, and spoons was silently replaced with frankie.
    It was then pwe not only fired the only person who understood us (spoons,), but just simply ignored us when we complained about the constant sales.

But even then, the game was still tolerable.

Pwi truly started going doing around mid 2010 when sins started gaining the edge in the game and 5 aps was started to show up everywhere.
    At the end of 2010, I recall there were some changes made to the game, and lot's of qq about it (such as chat tags), which even though caused a major sht storm on the forums, still was never addressed.

In 2011, packs were still being sold in massive bundles, and pwe/wanmei did very little in response (or responded rather slowly) to changes being made (tw rewards, sp, etc) and still didn't really fix any bugs.
    March 2011 eg expansion was released, I don't think there were any major issues with it.
    Towards mid 2011, rampant fcc glitching started.
    End of 2011, some glitches were attended to, but nothing else really happened.
    Of course some things were "fixed" and "added", but they only circumvent the existing problems.
    Then of course we have all these lovely sales with no end dates. While sales weren't always a bad thing, putting up every kind of pack on sale and making most of the cs on sale is just ridiculous.

Also, lack of word on the new expansion isn't really helping. Usually by now they would at least have an obscure new posts to reaffirm these rumors (no, the art of the movie used for black friday doesn't count).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    It mostly has to do with slow response or getting no response at all on bugs or complaints about the game itself.
    If the game was manged differently, and some things were tweaked, it would be fine.

Nothing has been tweaked... but yet you are still here. So obvious everything is still fine with any tweaks.
    Then of course we have all these lovely sales with no end dates. While sales weren't always a bad thing, putting up every kind of pack on sale and making most of the cs on sale is just ridiculous.

Ridiculous as it may be... you are still here. So obvious it is not that ridiculous.
    Also, lack of word on the new expansion isn't really helping. Usually by now they would at least have an obscure new posts to reaffirm these rumors (no, the art of the movie used for black friday doesn't count).

I am sure you get the point by now... you are still here... so nothing extra needs to be done. When you can lure an monkey with a single banana... why would you even try to use a second banana. Who cares... since the mindless monkey is already here.

• Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If everyone Chooses no, The "Powers that be" are going to have to take notice, I'm sorry as a business they can't just ignore overwhelming data that shows stuff like that. You may think they can but in all honesty they can't.

Actually they can. Note that most succesfull companies are based on not listening to what costumers want. If they did, we'd still be at breeding faster and stronger horses instead of making cars, as reference to a famous saying of one of those historical companies leaders.

More seriously, don't forget that costumers is only 1 group of ppl that a company faces and you can even sub-devide them in casual, active, cashshoppers, etc. I think they have way more data then you can imagen. If you combine the log-in frequency and the charge amount, you have way better talking figures then a poll on a forum that attracts mainly raging ppl, QQers and moralists (which include myself ofc). I think that is what Angel_Spawn is trying to say.

But still... I can't help to always vote and leave a comment, hoping that it might bring back balance between classes and between pve content - current gear. Cause no, I'm not really happy with how it is now. PvE is way to easy with 3* and mold gear being so common and cheap, not to mention with r8 and r9. Soloing "end-game" squad instances just shouldn't be possible...
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    About Spoons. I heard he moved to another PWI game.

I read your post and I notice a trend. You as many perhaps seem to forget this game may be Free-To-Play but it is not Free-To-Win (Can be with hard work).

I'll admit it was more level playing field in the beginning but the company saw a chance to make more money. (A lot more money). It just made things more easy for people who had money. The game was still the same so it really did not bother me.

I know there has been some major balance issues but for me I still choose to enjoy the game for what it is and not pretend that it is made as a F2P balanced game.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited January 2012
    Nothing has been tweaked... but yet you are still here. So obvious everything is still fine with any tweaks.

Yes it has. Just not in the ways it should have been.

I am sure you get the point by now... you are still here... so nothing extra needs to be done. When you can lure an monkey with a single banana... why would you even try to use a second banana. Who cares... since the mindless monkey is already here.

Just think of me as a person who complains about the government.
    Only difference here is that I have long since stopped playing (thus stopped csing) and I'm only here to uh.... "keep up to date".
    I could elaborate on why I am really here, but I'd rather not.

Edit:
    About Spoons. I heard he moved to another PWI game.

I read your post and I notice a trend. You as many perhaps seem to forget this game may be Free-To-Play but it is not Free-To-Win (Can be with hard work).

I'll admit it was more level playing field in the beginning but the company saw a chance to make more money. (A lot more money). It just made things more easy for people who had money. The game was still the same so it really did not bother me.

I know there has been some major balance issues but for me I still choose to enjoy the game for what it is and not pretend that it is made as a F2P balanced game.

Nope. He was fired like he said he was in his blog.
    If he was on another pwe game I would've seen him by now.

The reason I said what I said is that most of the balance issues we have can easily be fixed and it wouldn't be hard to have a more balanced f2p game without losing major profit for pwe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    I'm only here to uh.... "keep up to date".
    I could elaborate on why I am really here, but I'd rather not.

Keep an eye on your companion who still plays. b:surrender
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    So basically you are guy like those occupy people. All protesting against the big corporate companies and their profits (i believed cook pulled 375 million pay package in 2011)... and yet continue to buy their products (have you seem how many occupy people have iphone/ipads). Better yet... complain about bac... while using their ATM. Yea... its such a good idea to complain about the company on one hand... while consuming their products with the other. That'll teach them... to make more money.

Without going to that extreme, just think of these polls as a questionnaire on how to make PWI a better place. First tho we have to find if people are happy or sad then find out who people are upset at, is it the company(PWRD) or is it the game(PWI) or is it our Host(PWE). We have to make sure people are able to tell the difference and not generalize and just say, "I am mad at <insert name> for everything!!".

Cant fix a problem without knowing who directly is causing the problem from there we take the next step and figure out what exactly the problem is and so on and so forth.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Riiight, because the Occupy protesters were totally there to complain about iphones (or the specific company who makes them). >_> So I guess it's not just me whose points you consistently miss like a champ, huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sagek,

As a professional IRL with data sampling (Polls), I can assure any data from these types of polls is by no means definitive or truly valuable. It has massive flaws in terms of delivery and sampling, along with many other factors that businesses use.

There is nothing wrong with well constructed and organized feedback though. But the poll part is very meaningless in terms of quantifiable value - just keep that in mind.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ooh, another PW forum classic:
    1. Well meaning optimistic person posts something related to making PWI a better game, which might include pointing out some of it's shortcomings or even to suggest it has shortcomings etc.
    2. Forum regulars and PW sockpuppets rip the original innocent poster a new one, while the PW moderators look the other way (political or racial slurs).
    3. PW Inc continues to focus on selling packs, elite gear, hypers etc. and ignores the whole thing, as usual.
    Just some guy
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Sagek,

As a professional IRL with data sampling (Polls), I can assure any data from these types of polls is by no means definitive or truly valuable. It has massive flaws in terms of delivery and sampling, along with many other factors that businesses use.

There is nothing wrong with well constructed and organized feedback though. But the poll part is very meaningless in terms of quantifiable value - just keep that in mind.

Oh I am well aware, But they do not hurt either and to be fair it is the only way to provide a general # as far as the amount of players expressing their opinion. Don't discredit them as someone who works with polls as you stated you know there are ways to adjust for such things. As is the GMs can see what account has voted more then once, etc.

If threads did not get derailed by QQing and flames I would fully suggest those. But they do so giving both Polls and Threads, is the only way to go.
  • L_BUFF_YOU - Sanctuary
    L_BUFF_YOU - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    All PWI staff should be fired and replaced by trained monkeys, they will do the same that current PWI staff, just better. b:cute
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    ooh, another PW forum classic:
    1. Well meaning optimistic person posts something related to making PWI a better game, which might include pointing out some of it's shortcomings or even to suggest it has shortcomings etc.
    2. Forum regulars and PW sockpuppets rip the original innocent poster a new one, while the PW moderators look the other way (political or racial slurs).
    3. PW Inc continues to focus on selling packs, elite gear, hypers etc. and ignores the whole thing, as usual.

Let me just say that no such thing occurred in this thread. This has actually been discussed well, with no inordinate amount of bashing by anybody. I don't see how your little list applies.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Oh I am well aware, But they do not hurt either and to be fair it is the only way to provide a general # as far as the amount of players expressing their opinion. Don't discredit them as someone who works with polls as you stated you know there are ways to adjust for such things. As is the GMs can see what account has voted more then once, etc.

If threads did not get derailed by QQing and flames I would fully suggest those. But they do so giving both Polls and Threads, is the only way to go.

As long as you don't put any stock in the polls being worth anything or listened to, you're fine. It is an easy way for people who visit the forums to 1-click-respond, but as an actual meaningful overview for the game developers...no.

This is by no means, the only way to go - nor a good one.

Really, PWI would be best putting a survey in game that pops up when you log in. From there an analysis team or expert can take it from there and weed out the just started an account to QQ people and etc.

All of that can produce nice data, but honest to god best feedback in many cases is going straight to the people and asking, in person (as much as in person can be with an MMO), along with providing a medium for volunteer feedback.

I know you're trying to be productive, but this is still QQ and troll bait.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    All PWI staff should be fired and replaced by trained monkeys, they will do the same that current PWI staff, just better. b:cute

Another Butt Hurt Player who can't let go. What's worse, it's not even a very good troll post. b:chuckle
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012

This is by no means, the only way to go - nor a good one.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this. We are limited with what we can do to provide the GM/Dev's factiual data, that being said it is the best course of action to use those tools and until we are given better tools.

Discrediting them and saying it will never work is just a counter productive way to be.

I don't mind people saying, "thats a dumb idea, it will never work, etc" because I live by the moto that every good idea goes through this.

there is a saying that I also live by when dealing with advancments in technology and such;

New Technology goes through three stages:
    First it is ridiculed by those ignorant of its potential
    Next, it is subverted by those threatened by its potential
    Finally, it is considered self-evident.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    there is a saying that I also live by when dealing with advancments in technology and such;

New Technology goes through three stages:
    First it is ridiculed by those ignorant of its potential
    Next, it is subverted by those threatened by its potential
    Finally, it is considered self-evident.

Actually, even tho this flowchart was created more for snark, it's quite accurate in terms of discussion:

24mf3nq.jpg

You seem to be a nice guy Sagek, keep moving forward with methods, yo.
This discussion has been closed.