Cube of Fate, worth it as a new player?

Options
Telery - Raging Tide
Telery - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Every maint night I have read up on the Cube of Fate , I'm a new player lvl 66 and I can afford a run of chance. There is my ? as a new player I have no idea what I have to do in each room so then I must have to recheck the forums for each and every room to know what I need to do or not do. Some rooms have short time limits and some have unlimited but i dont know which one it is. I get discouraged "reading" about the Cube even before room 20.

Long story short is it worth it , theres so many ways that **** the player. Im not rich , I can afford a run or 2 but there is so many ways that we can just lose everything. How does new players ever get good at it? Is it just a RICH players game.... lose alot in at first then get itall back + later? Clicking back and forth to the forums for every room is a pain but its the only way the new players can learn although at a loss of alot of coin im sure. High level Oracles and High level DQ atm 66-61 quest give good xps and spirit and Im sure it gets better.

Is the chance or luck really pay off? I mean with the refine rates is this game are not correct at least for me there not. Most game say the % but the actual % is alot lower sorta a scam all games run in order for you to buy there stuff. I have read where someone opened like over 200 boxes or whatever, bought from the catshop and 0 for the rare drop.

Thanks it you made it this far. any op will do.
Post edited by Telery - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Amixia - Lost City
    Amixia - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you're poor you could always keep the boxes you have to pay for. Usually there's stalls buying them for more than you payed for it. Rarely see for sundries pack though. You loose the small chance of getting 1m to make a smaller profit. b:chuckle At the rooms where you need robber/bully cards you could always set up a stall and sell your cards unless you're doing cube for exp. Cube can give profit in a few ways.

But at level 66 I wouldn't really bother tbh. Some of the rooms can be a real pain and near impossible at lower levels. You can pass it if you're lucky and get easy rooms.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yes it's worth it. And you can read about how to swim all day long but the best way to learn is to jump in.

The rooms really aren't difficult, and most are repetitive.

You can use mysterious chips at the mysterious merchant in 1K Streams to get your dice tickets a bit cheaper than buying them from some cat shop inside the cube.

You can use DQ rewards or Perfect Tokens of Luck to obtain your do-all cards, rather than buying them inside the cubes lobby, or worse the robber/bully rooms b:shocked

As far as paying 100k coins or what-not for certain rooms, you get a chest in return. You can gamble and open this chest, or you can sell the chest to a catshop (usually one in the cube lobby) at a slightly higher (around 105k) price.

My advice would be to do it now. Get familiar with it. So when your 90+ and need the Pages of Fate for your skill books, it will be just another pattern you are used to doing every day.
  • Telery - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response , I will wait until till I reach Higher Levels and a little more richer I hope. With all the pots I go through I might be broke by then. This game sucks down so many pots...more than any other game I have played. Maybe I should just shoot everthing with the 2x click on the monsters and leave my skills alone but then my Hp's take a bigger hit. Between ports and pots I lose about a mil {approx} a level and Im sure it get worse.
  • Telery - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lol now after reading the post ^^ I wanna try it out.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response , I will wait until till I reach Higher Levels and a little more richer I hope. With all the pots I go through I might be broke by then. This game sucks down so many pots...more than any other game I have played. Maybe I should just shoot everthing with the 2x click on the monsters and leave my skills alone but then my Hp's take a bigger hit. Between ports and pots I lose about a mil {approx} a level and Im sure it get worse.

Well here is another tip that may save you money on teleports. First, don't do it. lol nah I'm only joking there, but teleport "smartly".

My main example here would be (ironically) using the Cube of Fate to help you get around. Did you know that you can access the cube of fate from every major city? (1k, Dreamweaver port, and all the races main cities) Well if you did, or didn't, the reason this is important is because entering the cube and then exiting it will always drop you off in Archosaur, free of charge.

Your saving 3k right there, and it adds up over time, lol.
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Have to butt in here with my 2 cents worth. Just take note this place is a massive PK fest, and people love nothing more than to kill you just because they can, even if you are on a PVE server. A lot of high levels that run this instance as a way of making $$ will love nothing more than to PK you, just because they can, and you can't.
    One particulaly instance that burned me towards it was i had to wait in a room for like 5 minutes or something. A barb came in and i moved away from him. He runs up and kills me. I message him back asking why he did that. Hi reply, "because you ran away from me". I mean, wtf kind of reason is this for killing someone. /end rant.

Just beware, there is a very real chance you will be PK'd in here.Everyone else seems to have glossed over that fact.

Yes a QQ post, but whatever.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Start it now to learn it, plus it is good exp. Save your pages of fate for skills. Dont slack or youll fall behind.
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Have to butt in here with my 2 cents worth. Just take note this place is a massive PK fest, and people love nothing more than to kill you just because they can, even if you are on a PVE server. A lot of high levels that run this instance as a way of making $$ will love nothing more than to PK you, just because they can, and you can't.
    One particulaly instance that burned me towards it was i had to wait in a room for like 5 minutes or something. A barb came in and i moved away from him. He runs up and kills me. I message him back asking why he did that. Hi reply, "because you ran away from me". I mean, wtf kind of reason is this for killing someone. /end rant.

Just beware, there is a very real chance you will be PK'd in here.Everyone else seems to have glossed over that fact.

Well I am not sure about other servers but on RT the chances to get pked in pk enabled rooms seems fairly low.
    At least that's what I have seen in the 30 or so times I did the cube on my assassin main.(and about the fact but you're a sin you can stealth argument I rarely get attacked outside of stealth and never seen others pk each other)

@ the OP do make sure you bring doalls though because if you land in a pk or be pked room you wouldn't stand a chance at your level
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hmmm, 66 is a little bit low to be sure of success, in my opinion. Depends on class, though - clerics tend to have it easier.

CoF should make you a small profit on average and 5 to 10% xp. Whether or not that's better than other stuff, for your, depends on what other stuff you can do.

It *really* gets worht it at level 90+ when you start getting the next tier of reward items.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

LOL, wut? Its nothing like that on DW.
    Half the time you can AFK in a PK room and nothing will happen to you. Sure you get the occassional PK happening...but nowhere even close to a 'massive PK fest'
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Every maint night I have read up on the Cube of Fate , I'm a new player lvl 66 and I can afford a run of chance. There is my ? as a new player I have no idea what I have to do in each room so then I must have to recheck the forums for each and every room to know what I need to do or not do. Some rooms have short time limits and some have unlimited but i dont know which one it is. I get discouraged "reading" about the Cube even before room 20.

Long story short is it worth it , theres so many ways that **** the player. Im not rich , I can afford a run or 2 but there is so many ways that we can just lose everything. How does new players ever get good at it? Is it just a RICH players game.... lose alot in at first then get itall back + later? Clicking back and forth to the forums for every room is a pain but its the only way the new players can learn although at a loss of alot of coin im sure. High level Oracles and High level DQ atm 66-61 quest give good xps and spirit and Im sure it gets better.

Is the chance or luck really pay off? I mean with the refine rates is this game are not correct at least for me there not. Most game say the % but the actual % is alot lower sorta a scam all games run in order for you to buy there stuff. I have read where someone opened like over 200 boxes or whatever, bought from the catshop and 0 for the rare drop.

Thanks it you made it this far. any op will do.
    I don't recommend you to run cube. You will not finished it and you can loose lot of money. Wait till you will be at least lv. 90. Cube is full of morons, who will kill you in boring rooms, pk rooms.(not 14&34)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I will wait until till I reach Higher Levels and a little more richer I hope.
    Don't wait. I waited until I was about level 70, and I regret it.

As long as you can afford enough supplies (check the guides to find out what you need), it's not hard, even for low-level characters, and with practice you can cut costs down to the point where Cube is basically free XP (in fact, if you sell any prize boxes you get to other players for a profit, rather than open them, you can make money from Cube). Yes, you'll sometimes hit rooms where you don't stand a chance, but they're not that common. Most of the rooms are easy for any character.

The main difficulty of Cube is not knowing how to do it, because you'll mess up on rooms that are actually easy but just require a little practice. While the guides are certainly helpful, the only way to really learn is to do it. So the sooner you get started, the better.

Once I'd gone through it about 10 times I realized how easy it was. Sure, sometimes you do hit a particularly bad combination of rooms, or the dreaded room 38, but most of the time you breeze right through it.

When my Cleric alt reached level 40, I went straight to the Cube and got through on my first try, which caused him to immediately level up to 44. He didn't fail until about the fourth time through.
    Just take note this place is a massive PK fest, and people love nothing more than to kill you just because they can, even if you are on a PVE server.
    This virtually never happens on Sanctuary. On our server you can AFK in the "Bored" rooms and nothing will happen to you.

PK does happen, but it's very, very rare (except in rooms 14 and 34, of course).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Cube is a blast, particularly at lower levels. Waiting until you are 90 is silly.

I have never once, on my server, seen a "massive PK fest" in the Cube. Gosh, that reminds me of that huge thread complaining about Cube PK since they didn't want to go in to do Room 38. It may be something normal on HT (the originators of that other thread were also from HT) to see the Cube in a constant state of warfare, but I never found that to be the case on DW (or RT either when I did the cube there on an alt).

Warren said it all. Make money and have fun!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Never been in Cube excluding room 1.

And had more money because of it. May be.
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    cube is one of the few instances in this game that I did hundreds of times.
    It's a good place to make xp, has a few different type of challenges, can be easy or can be hard to complete, depending on luck.
    One thing about cube: it's never boring. Sure, you might get bored waiting 3 or 5 minutes in 11 or 32 or roll 32-35-32-35-32-35 like it happened to me a few times, but that's not the instance in itself that's boring, it's just boring to wait, lol.
    At low levels cube can be costly if you don't have a high lvl alt to supply some cash/Do-alls/dice tickets, but it's also rewarding if you complete it. Running the cube changes as you level. You'll have more survival, you'll have more knowledge of it, you'll be able to do things differently so it never has the same flavor - well, up to about 95 , from there on all runs are the same.
    Going into cube you need to know a few things: dont expect, profit, be prepare to do a few tries until you finish it, learn to survive in 100 sec rooms, learn how to deal with 38 (it's so easy, ppl just don't wanna listen when given the solution).
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    magicsabre wrote: »
    Never been in Cube excluding room 1.

And had more money because of it. May be.

How would you know as you have never verified it...?
    learn how to deal with 38 (it's so easy, ppl just don't wanna listen when given the solution).

Correct, people just like to complain about things that are "hard."
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Don't wait. I waited until I was about level 70, and I regret it.

As long as you can afford enough supplies (check the guides to find out what you need), it's not hard, even for low-level characters, and with practice you can cut costs down to the point where Cube is basically free XP (in fact, if you sell any prize boxes you get to other players for a profit, rather than open them, you can make money from Cube). Yes, you'll sometimes hit rooms where you don't stand a chance, but they're not that common. Most of the rooms are easy for any character.

The main difficulty of Cube is not knowing how to do it, because you'll mess up on rooms that are actually easy but just require a little practice. While the guides are certainly helpful, the only way to really learn is to do it. So the sooner you get started, the better.

Once I'd gone through it about 10 times I realized how easy it was. Sure, sometimes you do hit a particularly bad combination of rooms, or the dreaded room 38, but most of the time you breeze right through it.

When my Cleric alt reached level 40, I went straight to the Cube and got through on my first try, which caused him to immediately level up to 44. He didn't fail until about the fourth time through.

This virtually never happens on Sanctuary. On our server you can AFK in the "Bored" rooms and nothing will happen to you.

PK does happen, but it's very, very rare (except in rooms 14 and 34, of course).
    I wouldn't recommend cube to total newbies unless they know exactly what they're getting into. Yeah, the dice expenditure is more significant to a lv40 noob, but I'd say the bigger problem is some of the mob rooms. Do you know how long it takes a late-40s barb to kill the room 45 mob? I do, because I've done it. Took me over half an hour, and I had to swap between tiger form to recover HP from reduced damage/sunder and human form so I could actually do damage (and this was with a jones blessing on).

I think the most appropriate time to start cube is in your late 70s / early 80s, when you're just realizing the need for a reliable way to make money for gears. At current prices, I can make nearly 2mil per day off the PoFs alone if I get all three of my 90+ characters through.
    Cube is a blast, particularly at lower levels. Waiting until you are 90 is silly.

I have never once, on my server, seen a "massive PK fest" in the Cube. Gosh, that reminds me of that huge thread complaining about Cube PK since they didn't want to go in to do Room 38. It may be something normal on HT (the originators of that other thread were also from HT) to see the Cube in a constant state of warfare, but I never found that to be the case on DW (or RT either when I did the cube there on an alt).

And I still maintain that cube rooms other than 14/34 (and maybe 11/32) should be PK-disabled, but that's beside the point (I wasn't the one who made that thread, though). Nah, it's not a "state of war" on HT. Usually it's just your standard "oh, some insecure 12-year-old thought he'd kill me in 0.5 seconds using the gear he bought with daddy's credit card" deal.

But then there are the more interesting moments. Last night I met a cleric from the dominant faction on HT, in room 32. I was on my sin at the time, but I didn't bother to stealth until I entered the room. She saw me, stacked/buffed herself, and used a stealth detection pot. I logged, went on another character for five minutes or so, and returned. She was gone. After waiting out my 5mins, I was sent to room 36 where, again, there she was. This time I was already in stealth, so I said something to the effect of "got another pot? cause, y'know, wasting the first one went so well for you last time." Sure enough, she used another pot and I logged. XD

The most pathetic thing was that she actually waited in 36 until I came back so she could oneshot my Lv90 ***. XD I thought it was hilarious. Some people really are just sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you have access to a printer, this page is really helpful. I've run the cube dozens of time and still refer to the guide. Also remember, the regular mobs in the cube are going to be in the middle of the your level decade (for example if you are 7x, the mobs will be 75). It's easier to run the cube when you're 69 fighting 65 mobs than 70 fighting 75 mobs. As far as pking, I've seen it done to others, but never had it intentionally done to myself (except for the actual pk room). In one bored room, there was a sin standing next to the NPC. I'm sure he was checking everyone out cause he left my cleric alone, but the next blademaster to come through he pk'd. And talk to people before you approach them in these pk rooms. I had a blademaster run straight at my cleric while I was waiting another time in the bored room. I had him targeted and my finger on Tempest when he pm'd me, asking to trade buffs. I don't think he ever knew how close he came to getting blasted. Also, don't use AOEs in pk enabled rooms. I was in 100 second stand, and just decided to BB it. The mobs aggro'd me, but I was doing fine until another cleric decided she would help me and razor feathered the mobs...and me. That was the only time I was pk'd in the cube other than in the room where you're supposed to pk.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    How would you know as you have never verified it...?

I am sure, that I must be far from explosion of grenade to be alive, although not checked it.

I saw something like this:
    PWPedia wrote:
    Recommended

25+ Mirage Celestone (Each Mirage can be traded for 2 dice tickets. You can also go to the Mysterious Merchant in 1k Streams and trade Mysterious Chips for dice tickets.)
    600,000+ coins
    Do-All Cards
    Guardian Charm (Note that in any case where you want to die the Guardian charm may prevent you and will just wear down, To prevent this heal yourself and port out of the room.)
    Spirit Charm
    Teleport Incence (Will return you to "Fates Beginning" if you need to bail out of a room. Available in the Boutique, 10 for 90 Silver)

And used less coins to teleport into bh than I could spend for Cube of Fate.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I am sure, that I must be far from explosion of grenade to be alive, although not checked it.

How is that at all an adequate comparison?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You need to take all that in - what the wiki doesn't mention, and really should, is that on average you'll walk out with more than you go in with.

But it's only an average. On a bad day, yes, you use up the whole 600k and all the tickets and all your do-all cards and a bunch of pots.

On a good day, you breeze through, end up gaining more tickets than you lose, and walking out with millions in prize boxes (I usually sell them to other players, but you can get lucky if you fancy taking even more of a risk, for potentially huge rewards.)

The problem is, if you go in even slightly unprepared (not enough coin to buy a lucky room, not enough tickets to pass, no do-alls or healing to do the 100-second-stand rooms) then you can end up spending everything you brought in, and leaving with nothing.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

That's insanely dated. 50 dice tickets is normally more than enough for a regular run and you can get that for maybe 25k or so if you don't have any chips. The 600k is also off. In most cases you'll rarely, if ever, go above using 300-400k and that's assuming you hit the box rooms (where you can sell the boxes for profit) and enter a robber/bully room without the do-alls to avoid buying them from a catshop. You'll also almost never need or want a charm there. HP foods do the job plenty fine unless you're a lowbie on a class that can't heal and get into room 47. (In every other 100 second stand room, regular crab meats can outheal the damage you'll take). Spirit charms have become a waste thanks to MP foods.... and teleport incense can be replaced by town portal or gained for free via event boutique.

And considering BH90 doesn't give 1 mil EXP + an item you can sell for 300kish or so depending on your server or use to get skill books... and this is without taking things like the lucky boxes into account.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

I saw something like this:

No one uses Mirage Celestones to make dice tickets anymore, especially not since the general summer's sales which pumped ridiculous amounts of chips into the market. Chips, like mirages, can be made into 2 dice tickets each. Look at the catshops in room 1 - usually there will be at least one catshop selling dice as low as 500 coins each, or lower. The worst of runs could take maybe 50k out of your pocket, and that's with a lot of restarts... I'd say the average run would cost about 10-15k. That much coin spent, and a Page of Fate (which is generally worth over 500k) gained. Not to mention the exp, which in the 70s is worth more than a Crazy Stone in the 90s, and most likely will cost you less to do, too.

The 600k recommended to be brought in refers to the rooms in which you acquire sellable items (e.g. Golden Box), which smart people merchant for more than their purchase price. If I went in with 600k and ended up with 6 gold boxes, I'd end up with 900k the next morning (and I sell them cheap, most people sell them higher). But if you can't be bothered to set up a catshop, I'm sure there will be no shortage of merchants on your server who will be glad to buy up your gold boxes for their purchase price (myself being one of them).

Do-All Cards are never necessary to complete the cube. They are used primarily by impatient people who want to sacrifice money to get their exp quicker. If you are smart, this is not a trap you need fall prey to. And only a couple rooms in the cube even offer a Do-All Card option. Either way, you don't need them. But if you want them, you can get them with DQ points.

Guardian charms are only necessary for certain classes and then, only in one certain room (47). If you are, for example, a cleric, barb, or sin (with the lv79 skill Healing Trance) you should not ever need a charm.

Spirit charms are wholly unnecessary. Whoever wrote that wiki article was clearly overstating the requirements. >_>

Teleport Incenses are only useful when your town portal is on cooldown and you are in a room which has no mechanism to send you back to the start. This only ever happens when you hit either room 18 or room 46, which in both cases allows you to profit massively before using your town portal to return. So if you should hit this room twice in a row, you will profit twice, and if you don't care to buy a Tele Incense, you can play another character while waiting for the TP to cooldown. Fun fact: You can get a Tele Incense for 30 Event Silver, which can be easily replenished tenfold every week through simple events such as Jungle Ruins. This also applies to charms.

If you have questions about how to profit from the cube, this is the thread to ask them in. Don't just read one terrible guide and make assumptions. That's just trying to dress up your own ignorance as common sense (as your "grenade" example so handily demonstrates). -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Have to butt in here with my 2 cents worth. Just take note this place is a massive PK fest, and people love nothing more than to kill you just because they can, even if you are on a PVE server.
    I totally disagree, on Dreamweaver at least. I've done the Cube more times than I can count, but I've only been PK'd in there three times, and always in the "PK to pass" rooms.
    truekossy wrote: »
    That's insanely dated. 50 dice tickets is normally more than enough for a regular run and you can get that for maybe 25k or so if you don't have any chips.
    I love it when people say that the wiki is dated, explain what's wrong, but don't bother to update the wiki themselves. b:beatup

Anyways, I've updated it a bit based on the comments here, so it should be a bit better.

And please, if you see something that's dated/wrong/confusing/missing/etc... on the wiki, feel free to update/fix/add it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'd say the bigger problem is some of the mob rooms. Do you know how long it takes a late-40s barb to kill the room 45 mob? I do, because I've done it. Took me over half an hour, and I had to swap between tiger form to recover HP from reduced damage/sunder and human form so I could actually do damage (and this was with a jones blessing on).
    OK, but I really don't see what the problem is.

When my level 40 Cleric was making his first run through, he hit Room 45.

He started attacking, and of course damage was minimal. About 15 minutes in, with still over 50% health on the mob, somebody else appeared and finished off the mob.

A few minutes later my Cleric was level 44.

Sure, it sometimes takes longer with low-level characters, but so what? It's still an easy, cheap, fun way for low-level characters to gain an extra couple of levels each day, for no more than an hour or so of effort (usually less).

Of course, the fastest way to level is not to actually play your low-level characters, but for players who actually prefer to play, finishing Cube with a low-level is a very satisfying feeling, and quite rewarding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    I love it when people say that the wiki is dated, explain what's wrong, but don't bother to update the wiki themselves. b:beatup

I don't check the wiki much, so half the time I don't know til these get posted. b:surrender
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Way back when there were only 6 classes and do-all cards and gold were 100k each, my friend in a very major faction decided to force/teach me to run cube. I was 45. For some reason I loved it from the start and it became my new daily. I finished for the first time at 52. As a noob veno I had a noob veno pet, nothing special. He also forced me to come along on 51 runs with his alt veno lvl 55 when I was 37. Good times. Yes we ran fbs for fun and drops xD Just the 2 of us.

At the time I didn't meet any people my lvl that knew anything about cube, no one in my faction knew anything about cube, it felt like I was doing something very cool. I jumped through the levels and all my friends were amazed. Remember there were no hypers and oracles from boutique agent and tokens and stuff. We used the lvl 25 jiaozis (anyone remember them xD) and we walked uphill both ways yada yada.

My advice would be to find a good guide and give it a try. Don't go just once, go like 5 or 10 times. A good guide will have a list of everything you need before you start and details about which rooms are pk-able. Drink a cup of coffee before you start. See if any of your friends or guildmates have run it before and have them available for questions. In some rooms time is of the essence so you really can't afford to be switching back and forth reading a guide as you go, IMO. For the timed rooms a clock with a second hand is very helpful.

As a side note, you'll need to finish room 38 for 99 or 100 culti (I forget), and as others have said, once you learn cube, it's a really enjoyable daily. I also have a personal rule that if I fail past room 25 I quit for the day. There is no logic to this, it's just that every time it happens I keep failing and failing over and over again, and that's how you run up a big bill in the cube. Remember cube is random so have some patience. If you have no patience or you are really really broke this is probably not the thing to do. My 2 cents.