Happy glitches

Options
Risingson - Lost City
Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Hello.

It is my understanding that the last patch has fixed the GV glitch, but not the Frost one. Hilarious much?

It is beyond my grasp how PWE can fix this particular glitch but not the other. Of course it has been established that the GV glitch actually doesn't generate direct income for PWE, so there you have it...

Way too obvious, dear PWE, if you ask me b:shutup
Risingson - 7x Psychic
Indalecio - 3x Cleric
Post edited by Risingson - Lost City on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    They fixed a glitch? Within 6 months of it becoming well known? YOU MOTHER ****ING LIAR!!!! STOP SPREADING SUCH SLANDER!
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hello.

It is my understanding that the last patch has fixed the GV glitch, but not the Frost one. Hilarious much?

It is beyond my grasp how PWE can fix this particular glitch but not the other. Of course it has been established that the GV glitch actually doesn't generate direct income for PWE, so there you have it...

Way too obvious, dear PWE, if you ask me b:shutup

yep.. GV/RB glitch actually lowered profits with Pan Gu Creator being cheap, therefore making Script of Fate/Scroll of Tome cheaper. Frost on the other hand made people use more items that are from cashshop...
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    People have been complaining about this for ages, I'm glad it's fixed. I wish frost was fixed too but I'm not gonna complain that this is fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It was HARDLY a glitch. And besides if you ask me the Frost glitch has ****ed up the economy far worse, in so many ways.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Weren't scroll of tomes prices mostly set by the pack rate drops anyway? I'm not being facetious here, it's too pricey for my blood so I haven't really cared much. I did see people complaining about it, but thats about it. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I suppose now that it is fixed we can talk about it huh.....
    I don't even think it was half as much a glitch as a strategy involoving the aggro mech. It shouldn't have been bannable as long as you didn't kill the mobs.
    It shows where pwi's priorities are when they fix a "glitch" that allows players to earn coin an get idems without the boutique, compared to a glitch that lets you get to max level which they profit from.
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Maybe I am dense, but I fail to see any connection between RB and FC glitches or their effects on game.

The Rebirth-1k glitch has been a major problem since the beginning of the game (in every version), causing countless players frustration and making many avoid an instance altogether.

The FC glitch has only very recently been exploited by a few people (in one version) to level quickly, especially at 100+ where the exp curve becomes astronomical. The only people this has impacted negatively are the few who believe the game to be some sort of competition, and the specific type of **** that enjoys thousands of hours of grinding mindlessly to gain incremental returns in experience.

Anyway, thank you PWE for a long overdue, but quite cleverly implemented, fix for one of the worst and longest running bugs in game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The Rebirth-1k glitch has been a major problem since the beginning of the game (in every version), causing countless players frustration and making many avoid an instance altogether.

I think there are two Rebirth glitches.

One is the 1k issue, which has been solved with the Guardian Scrolls / Need Resurrection fix.

Second is an issue which makes it really easy to do the entire RB instance. This is the cause for the flood of Mystical Tome Fragments that are in the economy.

- I do not know if they fixed the second issue.
    - If they did not, then perhaps the original poster got things mixed up?
    - If they did, then the original poster is raising the point that fixing the bug which makes RB easier is less important that fixing the dragoon bug.
  • Liandri - Lothranis
    Liandri - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    btw the 'delta glitch' wasn't fixed intentionally.. the change the chinese servers made to stop the '1k glitch' happening just so happened to stop the way the glitch worked, not intentional at all by the developers just lucky that fixing a minor bug fixed a lot bigger bug.

For anyone who doesn't know they just patched delta with guardian scrolls and if you die you have to be revived by a cleric hence stopping people get 1k'd.

If they revert some changes like supposedly the SP fly & pk glitch isn't intentional, the glitch could come back so easy.

Frost on the other hand will probably be fixed in another month or two.
    Liten Men Tuff
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ok since they fixed it an it is nolonger a glitch then here is what it used to be for those who don't know...

Here is just a basic structure.
    1) Any team as long as there is 2 (TWO) Clerics.
    2) One of the 2 clerics MUST be WHITE NAMED with NO safeties on at all.
    3) The White named cleric pushes the (Ctrl) botton on their computer then targets Harpy Wraith as away from her as possible. Then with Plume shot releases one round and hits her.
    4) At that time they walk to the big rock to the left of Harpy and with-in range of the GODS EYE, set up "BB" or (Regerative Aura) with the rock Between themselves and Hapry Wraith.
    5) All other members go into the other chamber and wait and WATCH against the far wall ,or Mountain untill they see the boss of each wave.
    6) Meanwhile keeping track of their mana consumption' The "BB" Cleric makes sure they can maintain the "BB" untill after the first wave has ended and the leader of the squad can kill the little mob behind the NPC's, and set up mana regeneration.
    7) At this time the leader of the squad hits the gods eye to make sure the "BB" cleric is getting mana
    8) During the wait till the next waves starts keep an eye on the "BB" Clerics buff line and if you dont see the mana regeneration Icon the other Cleric should get between the "BB" Cleric and The GODS EYE and do a few Team Heals, thus attaching agro to the "BB"
    9) Make sure you watch for the Bosses, they sometimes slip by with the mobs. if this happens you have failed the RB and must start over.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol 2 cleric...

fail...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of bother for an easy instance.

Want to know the real fast way to farm tome fragments?
    It doesn't require any particular squad setup other than puller/healer/DDs. Simply set up your squad where the mobs spawn at the end of the valley. There's no waiting between waves, as the mobs spawn when the previous boss dies; and the bosses come alone, not mixed in with mobs in the 5th waves. It it different than "normal" delta with all the digging and ****, but only harder because not many people have mastered it yet.

We even did it without a barb or anyone with rank 9 or +12 (the bm who "pulled" had under 8k hp and used cala axes). For the "SS or BS" crowd: http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx79/SlartiDW/spd.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol 2 cleric...

fail...
    Someone obviously doesn't know the glitch.

For previous poster spawn point is a good idea but last waves and wave bosses are going to hurt tremendously, especially if you don't take a wave down before wave 8 and 9 bosses who stun/amp and can hit 7k each while having said stun and amp (a danger to sins and BM's who have less than 13K HP). Not having auras is going to make it much harder for a squad so I hope they have very decent gear and a good strategy for later waves/bosses. Given that, it shouldn't be too hard. For random squads, however, good luck..
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ... For random squads, however, good luck..

I should have put the disclaimer: NOT FOR RANDOM SQUADS

(for that run in particular we were all in the same faction, on vent, and all had decent gear and skills)

The new rez scrolls you get in delta make it a lot easier too. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cacophony - Lost City
    Cacophony - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    btw the 'delta glitch' wasn't fixed intentionally.. the change the chinese servers made to stop the '1k glitch' happening just so happened to stop the way the glitch worked, not intentional at all by the developers just lucky that fixing a minor bug fixed a lot bigger bug.

For anyone who doesn't know they just patched delta with guardian scrolls and if you die you have to be revived by a cleric hence stopping people get 1k'd.

If they revert some changes like supposedly the SP fly & pk glitch isn't intentional, the glitch could come back so easy.

Frost on the other hand will probably be fixed in another month or two.

+1 frost glitch will get fixed as the fixes flow in from Chinese servers
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Someone obviously doesn't know the glitch.

It's very possible to do it without a second cleric...
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok since they fixed it an it is nolonger a glitch then here is what it used to be for those who don't know...

3) The White named cleric pushes the (Ctrl) botton on their computer then targets Harpy Wraith as away from her as possible. Then with Plume shot releases one round and hits her.
    4) At that time they walk to the big rock to the left of Harpy and with-in range of the GODS EYE, set up "BB" or (Regerative Aura) with the rock Between themselves and Hapry Wraith.
    5) All other members go into the other chamber and wait and WATCH against the far wall ,or Mountain untill they see the boss of each wave.
    6) Meanwhile keeping track of their mana consumption' The "BB" Cleric makes sure they can maintain the "BB" untill after the first wave has ended and the leader of the squad can kill the little mob behind the NPC's, and set up mana regeneration.
    7) At this time the leader of the squad hits the gods eye to make sure the "BB" cleric is getting mana
    8) During the wait till the next waves starts keep an eye on the "BB" Clerics buff line and if you dont see the mana regeneration Icon the other Cleric should get between the "BB" Cleric and The GODS EYE and do a few Team Heals, thus attaching agro to the "BB"
    9) Make sure you watch for the Bosses, they sometimes slip by with the mobs. if this happens you have failed the RB and must start over.

Lol? sounded like a fail glitch for lowbies cause people do spawn point delta here in an hour and 30 mins. Sounds like a giant bore fest to wait for everything when the mobs are pretty much one shot anyways.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well, to be honest the glitch made it possible to solo the rb if you multi client. Also not everyone has uber gear, nor is everyone able to find barbs/ pullers/tanks.
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    they have fixed the getting kicked to 1k glitch and stopped the 2 cleric pk glitch. but the one i hate is still there. we just spent almost an hour just trying to get in. every time 1 person got left out and their pc crashes to desktop. on the 5th attempt we got in and did a full rb. this was the reason a few months ago we quit doing rb because you could spend hours just trying to get a squad in. it doesn't appear to be connection speed, it is entirely random as to who gets left behind. then you have to resquad and wait for whioever got left out to wait out the 3 min forcelog thing and try again. it's very frustrating to have to go through this instead of actually playing the game. we sent in a whole lot of tickets on it and it seems to come and go. we might go a week and get in every day no problem then for days you can't get in clean.
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    haha my girlfriend sin's clothes glitched underwater 1ce n she was naked to her underwear.. thats a happy glitch aint it? :P hell yeah i was like b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's very possible to do it without a second cleric...
    Was very possible, yeah, but now, no.
  • Amup - Raging Tide
    Amup - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't see the why know, if u have a squad that's decent.

When u enter now u have 10 scrolls of both..

One to rez yourself and one to negate exp loss etc..

So theoricly, cleric (or anyone) can die 10 times and rez on the spot. If you can't get past delta with 60 total potential deaths (That,s just counting rezing on the spot, not those that cleric will rez), either u are doing something wrong or don't have decent gear enough.

For those going just for bh 2-3, they should be no deaths at all. (Maybe occasional one at wave 3)

I like the fix
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It was HARDLY a glitch. And besides if you ask me the Frost glitch has ****ed up the economy far worse, in so many ways.

Why fix it - why not simply 50X the amount of popups? That should teach 'em.... I can hear the OMG's now.....
  • linjaw
    linjaw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

I'm playing a private server and I just can't get it to work, no idea what I could be doing wrong, the BB need to be in range of the BLUE CIRCLE ''gods eye'' ? and do I hit harpy from far or from close? from far he wont face towards me and ''aggro'' me but from close he will and also cast his aoe.

also, do I hit control when BBing?
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
This discussion has been closed.