BM vs Seeker

Asgardeus - Sanctuary
Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Blademaster
So today I got a little into dueling my wife who's a seeker. We had some interesting and quite long fights even.

But I wonder, how do other bms tackle seekers? What seemed to work for me was just interrupting her painful magic and keeping her from pretty much doing anything with stuns. But still you deal so little damage to heavy armor.
Is there anything I missed that would be more effective? o_o All hints are more than welcome.

ps: I'm a 100 BM, hello lack of avatar. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Asgardeus - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Stun & Triple spark, HF at end when they blow their QPQ too early thinking you're HFing at the start of the fight.

Use jumps, marrows are tricky for range, watch for their tele, blah blah blah...tbh Seekers are rather chumpy duel wise.

Really if you just make yourself anti-stun they die pretty fast with fists & stuns, no real talent needed :\ It's kind of funny we have the jumps, and they have the teleport, and they're kinda better at ranged.

I don't see them in PK really, but I've spoke with some Im aware pull catas (fail or not, dunno) and do decent in TW.

Funny, my wifey is a seeker too. I take it you have as much fun as we do duoing end-ish content?
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • ihatebrunomars
    ihatebrunomars Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    When it's a duel your talking about, keep em' stun locked. That usually works for "duel".
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    In pvp seeker are better... I saw some duels pvp. With r9 seeker against + very good bm full +10 geared/+12 g15 fists and he can't beat him he lost 3 times in a row
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    In pvp seeker are better... I saw some duels pvp. With r9 seeker against + very good bm full +10 geared/+12 g15 fists and he can't beat him he lost 3 times in a row

No b:bye.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'm the wifey b:chuckle
    so well... soon as I'm unstunned I make a run for it, actually just.. do anything to keep my hubby on a distance. Immobilize, stuns. Also I only QPQ when I'm sure I have a debuff on me XD so no, I don't "waste" it.

Stunlocked, I'm not too bothered, atm I have 51 defense lvls and about 10k phys defense and 6.7k hp, better said, phys attacks hardly hurt b:surrender

triple spark stun and hitting... the stun doesn't last long enough to kill me, soon as I'm unstunned I'm out of range again b:surrender

Hope it helps to know my tactics to get some more replies b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    In terms of QPQ, I've had plenty of seekers go "I thought you weren't going to use HF...so I QPQ'ed your mire :(", hence my statement on waste. Trouble is the BMs can still kill you without HF.

Other issues in terms of imbalance Ive noticed is BMs can jump forward and back every 15 seconds, and have 2 run skills outside of HP to catch you. I've never had a Seeker use voidstep on me, not sure its a great idea for them either.

In terms of triple spark and stunning, every damn seeker I've gotten stun on and triple sparked dies quick, regardless of that 50-70 def levels. By the time both stuns run their course I had the seeker dead, and two of the seekers I'm sure had about or more than 7khp. And this was even at 2.5-3.33 sparked back in the day. (Mind you, I havent fought any R9 full JSOD Seekers...)

Really he should be going for stunlock and spikes, run you outta QPQ. If you run, jump and speed catch you and continue spiking. If you go offense, if youre outta QPQ/Genie/On Pot refresh - go for the HF or Stun lock. I've also done a few "Fool you!" with throwing out HF, letting it QPQ, then stun lock DDing them to death. It's a lot of spark pots and genie work, but it works.

Id also be interested to see the performance of purge pole kiting vs seekers, however I still see other methods outlined above being more useful. I can say marrows are iffy vs seekers. I've phys marrowed and that wasn't the best idea in the world.

And this is just my exp from about 40+ duels. Im by far not a pvp expert, the guys from the PVP servers will prolly know better.

Don't ask me how to kill Sins tho, If it's not an R9 gank or a laughable fight where the sin instantly dies a boring death, I dunno.
    edited January 2012
    Wait, wait... QPQ your stun? How am I going to use skills while stunned? Last time I checked a stun... Stuns. So wasting a QPQ on that is... Impossible xD

Also hubby DID stun and try to claw me to dead. But as I said, I got away xD
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    In a duel?

Triple spark, Occult Ice, DD, Roar of the Pride, DD, Drake's Bash, DD. Seeker will normally be dead at this point if you are 4.0 or 5.0....hell probably even 3.33 sparked....
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Basically what I've done so far was tire her down.. Stun, hit, stun, hit... Until it's over lol

I won't use marrows cause you got it right: Whatever you use, she's gonna sling the other type of stuff at you. xD Might not be as bad with demon marrows but still. lol

You both actually gave me a nice idea with your QPQ talk *smirk*
    And yea, I admit I forgot about leaps. lol

And I'm still bummed about that fight earlier. Missed aeolian, drake bash and even smack b:shocked I swear, my roar just hit cause it's demon ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Wait, wait... QPQ your stun? How am I going to use skills while stunned? Last time I checked a stun... Stuns. So wasting a QPQ on that is... Impossible xD

Also hubby DID stun and try to claw me to dead. But as I said, I got away xD
    b:chuckle

Yea I mistyped, I get **** sometimes. I'm thinking Mire, sigh...I'll retype. Im a big fan of opening with mire when I can.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Basically what I've done so far was tire her down.. Stun, hit, stun, hit... Until it's over lol

I won't use marrows cause you got it right: Whatever you use, she's gonna sling the other type of stuff at you. xD Might not be as bad with demon marrows but still. lol

You both actually gave me a nice idea with your QPQ talk *smirk*
    And yea, I admit I forgot about leaps. lol

And I'm still bummed about that fight earlier. Missed aeolian, drake bash and even smack b:shocked I swear, my roar just hit cause it's demon ._.

It still sucks even with demon marrows - if they watch you they have too many options to switch between metal and phys.

Drake Bash -> Hit/Pot/Genie -> Triple Spark -> Roar -> Dead Seeker. Aeolian is just too much of a crapshoot for me with the long cast time.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Hm I see. And seeing the calc in your signature... yea. I just got +5 deicides atm, gonna refine some more once I got the rest of my gears.

And xD Editing your post to correct typos and typo the reason for edit is just so pro b:chuckle I could have done that LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Hm I see. And seeing the calc in your signature... yea. I just got +5 deicides atm, gonna refine some more once I got the rest of my gears.

And xD Editing your post to correct typos and typo the reason for edit is just so pro b:chuckle I could have done that LOL

I'm big on spending too much on weapons, I went from +6 2 socket GVs to +10 2 Socket Deicides to what I have now - which I only went for cause I had the coin merched up for. Seriously, a good set of refined decides do well, there is not a huge difference between them and G13 Nirvvy. I run with +10 GXs that mostly do the trick, however I'm planning to work on G15 Nirvvy axes next 2x unless my merching strategies somehow produce better than I thought. I'm just not sure I wanna plop down the billion for G15 fists and end up with **** stats, or R9.

TBH the first thing you should throw cash at (If your HP is in deal-able condition) is refining the hell outta your weapons - even if it is a deicide. It makes a huge difference from BP heals to how fast the mob or player goes down. I probably could have stayed with the +10 Deicides for a lot longer if I wanted to.

Yea the "Ima gud speeler" "I liek milk" is an old Innoruuk joke...
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Hmm my gears do look like that pretty much atm: http://pwcalc.com/80094cb37de89c31
    Kinda needs work on all odds and ends x_x Planning to get warsoul helmet next and a lunar ring. Spent all my cash on 5.o and marriage first x'D

I know my hp is kinda low still but ya, I'm working on it b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Hmm my gears do look like that pretty much atm: http://pwcalc.com/80094cb37de89c31
    Kinda needs work on all odds and ends x_x Planning to get warsoul helmet next and a lunar ring. Spent all my cash on 5.o and marriage first x'D

You gear makes me cringe >_>........

But here is upgrade order:

Upgrade BOTH your rings, either sky cover or lunar ring, hell even r8 ring would be better >_>

Upgrade to NV Helm to get the set bonus of +5 attk lvls (5% increase to dmg, which is nice)

Upgrade tome to pan gu or Love up and down then get the **** rid of those lionheart ornaments =.=

Upgrade from LA wrist and boots to HA wrist and boots

Upgrade your damn cape to the crafted lunar cape of the trophy lunar cape.

Upgrade chest to either r8 recast or r9.

but this is just my opinion.....based on how much your gear makes me cringe >_>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I haven't seen any mention of Edged Blur. With magic damage to any HA/LA in range shouldn't it be a key component of any seeker vs BM fight?
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
    edited January 2012
    As I try to stay the hell away from him... Using my seals and kiting and jumping all over the place. As I haven't upgraded edged blur the range aint much, so there's more use and damage if I triple spark and throw some metal skills in. ^^'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DecimoX - Archosaur
    DecimoX - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You gear makes me cringe >_>........

But here is upgrade order:

Upgrade BOTH your rings, either sky cover or lunar ring, hell even r8 ring would be better >_>

Upgrade to NV Helm to get the set bonus of +5 attk lvls (5% increase to dmg, which is nice)

Upgrade tome to pan gu or Love up and down then get the **** rid of those lionheart ornaments =.=

Upgrade from LA wrist and boots to HA wrist and boots

Upgrade your damn cape to the crafted lunar cape of the trophy lunar cape.

Upgrade chest to either r8 recast or r9.

but this is just my opinion.....based on how much your gear makes me cringe >_>

Unneeded comments...ijs

For a bm its rather hard to aps a seeker to death without a rather decently refined weapon. Get a bit more magic def those are the skills the will most likely use 1st. If they get away from you and you cant stun then you want to get out of their range, kite them till they run after you. But ofc Edge Blur you dont want too get close to and they still can keep you at bay with it and try hitting you with range skills. if you have demon magic marrow and Bell spam them both well help deal with their high magic damage out put. they only have so many range skills so they will have to come close to you sooner or later. hope this helps in your fight bud b:pleased b:laugh
  • DecimoX - Archosaur
    DecimoX - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    As I try to stay the hell away from him... Using my seals and kiting and jumping all over the place. As I haven't upgraded edged blur the range aint much, so there's more use and damage if I triple spark and throw some metal skills in. ^^'

edge blue, Void Step, Ino spike together is good to use together hit blade affinity and hit him with all you got b:laugh as long as he isnt in anti stun that is X;
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012

As much as anyone can say throw 500m at gearing "jejekeke", it kinda comes down to a few things:

1. Whats your budget?
    2. Whats your end game ideal? (Build a PW Calc of it)

With those, its easier to say which to go for and upgrade. Cause you may wanna skip the warsoul helm if you really want a matching hat for your legs for the +5 atk levels. Depends where you want your Mag Def and Attack to end up with rings, etc.

Personally, Im a planner with gear - I try to save up and shop early, watch WC for deals, etc. I've gotten LGIO for 12m (Seen for less sadly...), Frost Weapons for 8m, etc.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Well _Perses_ is certainly right with what he said. But I'm a f2p player and kind of an altoholic. So ya... I'm slow with making big money b:surrender

As for endgame gears.. I haven't really planned out a calc. But I guess there's one thing I should mention: I didn't go for the evasion ornaments because a friend strongly advised against me it and cause the p def ones also work if I want to get a sin to 100. Can't afford a pan gus yet. ._.
    My main problem atm is that I got aps but I'm squishy. lol Next steps I was planning for were the warsoul and a lunar ring to replace my old misty ring. (Kicked the other 3star ring for a band of heavens jail with +6 strength engraved)

I really appreciate your advice guys :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Well _Perses_ is certainly right with what he said. But I'm a f2p player and kind of an altoholic. So ya... I'm slow with making big money b:surrender

As for endgame gears.. I haven't really planned out a calc. But I guess there's one thing I should mention: I didn't go for the evasion ornaments because a friend strongly advised against me it and cause the p def ones also work if I want to get a sin to 100. Can't afford a pan gus yet. ._.
    My main problem atm is that I got aps but I'm squishy. lol Next steps I was planning for were the warsoul and a lunar ring to replace my old misty ring. (Kicked the other 3star ring for a band of heavens jail with +6 strength engraved)

I really appreciate your advice guys :3

Well I can say that I too have been a known altoholic myself (which is why I have a lvl 100 BM on Heaven's Tear along with multiple other characters, then this lvl 101 BM on Lost city, a lvl 100 sin on Lost City, 94 psychic, 71 mystic, 72 cleric, 67 archer, etc... >.>), but the trick is this:

Which character do you love playing the most?

Which character is it that you want to make a top-tier?

If you can figure out which of your characters you want to fulfill on those two requirements then you can decide on your main. For me it turned out to be this BM, so I am currently getting my coin together to upgrade to a pan gu tome, and then upgrade my neck, belt, chest, and wrist/boots.

But yeah, what I listed as upgrades is basically the top-tier for the farming gear side of things. After that you would want to work on getting a full r9 set for a pvp side of things.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cryatonne - Heavens Tear
    Cryatonne - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    When you can get your hands on a pan gu or love up and down you'll find magic classes become a whole lot easier. This is my BM's gear I'm aiming for
    http://pwcalc.com/8ceb72d7eae6300b
    Except I don't have -int tome so I'm using LA orns bonus.

As you can see with just +5 orns and magic marrow you'll be sitting at 8.5kmdef dig deep and +10 you'll have 10.7k mdef w/o cleric buffs.

Seeker's magic attacks won't hurt once you have that kind of magic defence, also use demon drake's bash, it adds a lot of magic damage.

Last note, LA orns > HA orns because when you get pan gu's you can scrap your LA bonus entirely.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    When you can get your hands on a pan gu or love up and down you'll find magic classes become a whole lot easier. This is my BM's gear I'm aiming for
    http://pwcalc.com/8ceb72d7eae6300b
    Except I don't have -int tome so I'm using LA orns bonus.

As you can see with just +5 orns and magic marrow you'll be sitting at 8.5kmdef dig deep and +10 you'll have 10.7k mdef w/o cleric buffs.

Seeker's magic attacks won't hurt once you have that kind of magic defence, also use demon drake's bash, it adds a lot of magic damage.

Last note, LA orns > HA orns because when you get pan gu's you can scrap your LA bonus entirely.

The problem with that build though is that while your magic defense is now excellent, your physical defense is fairly lacking for an HA which could open you up to a whole world of hurt if a gemini slash crits on you. I think you need a bit more balance between the two type of defenses than what your build above allows.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Well, I went the HA ornaments route because the evasion ones didn't seem to have any useful stats. And I can use the HA ones for a sin too.
    Tome is planned, but yea, after the other less expensive stuff b:surrender

Currently I'm hunting for a nice warsoul hat for sale P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]