new barb

Options
_WhiteReaper - Raging Tide
_WhiteReaper - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Barbarian
well i am new on pwi can ayone give me some useful info becose i wont start with 99999999999999999999999999 coins any small tip will come in handy thx b:victory
Post edited by _WhiteReaper - Raging Tide on

Comments

• NexusCrisis - Sanctuary
    NexusCrisis - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Focus on leveling skills and follow the guides on the forums for stats.
    Worry about gear till lvl60+ (Just find average cheap gears, no legendary for low lvls unless you desperately need it or you got the money)

Skills you shouldn't worry bout till your 89-99 are:
    Stomp of the beast king
    Garrote
    Swell (Unless you plan AoE early.)
    Firestorm (Same as above)
    Frighten (I mainly use it for chi, but I plan to level it soon)

Skills you should focus on: (Not in order)
    True Form
    Flesh Ream
    Roar
    Feral Regeneration
    Axe Hammer Mastery
    Alacitry of the beast
    Beast Kings Inspiration
    Strength of the Titans
    Shapeshifting Intensity
    Invoke the spirit
    (If you like some stuns) Mighty Swing
    Pen. Armor
    Bestial onslaught.
    Bestial Rage
    You get the idea.

So all in all, you shouldn't focus on your gears for awhile(lvl60+), so cash isn't a big deal except for buying low gear or getting skills. There are ways I've recently come into knowing and thats mat farming, just farm them(and sell) make stuff and sell, or just sell them to catshops. For your stats read the guides stickied, they have more info then what I've given to you.

Good luck and I hope you stay as a barb :)
  • _WhiteReaper - Raging Tide
    _WhiteReaper - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    thx for replyb:victory
  • Starsteel - Heavens Tear
    Starsteel - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Your best to roll if different class, because if you dont spend any cash on this game or have hours to farm mats then you'll eventually be unwanted for the most part and get bored with this game unless you make yourself a dd barb. All other classes are cheaper to support and level faster.

Just my worthless 2 cents after having a barb for over 3 years. b:shutup

Patience is they key and if you have patience you'll go far.
    ★★★ DEMON VIT BARBARIAN +46K
    b:dirty
  • NexusCrisis - Sanctuary
    NexusCrisis - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Your best to roll if different class, because if you dont spend any cash on this game or have hours to farm mats then you'll eventually be unwanted for the most part and get bored with this game unless you make yourself a dd barb. All other classes are cheaper to support and level faster.

Indeed, but most barbs are rare now adays, and if you have patience and belief you can turn out to be one beastly barb. For example "santas_here" or Lycanthrope or w/e his name was, theres countless vet barbs you should always admire (or want to be better then) if you want to stay as a barb for a lifetime.

Heck, my old barb didn't last long, so I leveled a sin till lvl75 and made a new barb regretting the idea of losing the furball.

P.S. Mat farming can also be beneficial to you if you have apoc or others, they can help a barb a long way too.
  • Heartz - Raging Tide
    Heartz - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Don't destroy his dreams <.< I'm happy that someone is even bothering making a barb nowadays.. we lack them QQ. True that barbs need long to level, and take quite some skill, but that's what makes them so pro :D U know u always can ask me or the fac for help Reaper :)

Greetz, Seifi
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Allow me to toss my hat into the ring of "more barbs = good." :P

I made a barb in 2009, leveled him to 38, then left him in purgatory until a couple months ago. I got back into him because I want to play a real tank (something I don't have among my major characters yet).

So WhiteReaper... just keep on rolling and don't ever let anyone tell you that barb's can't tank. Just be sure to make some good friends along the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • LucKaS_SiX - Harshlands
    LucKaS_SiX - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ya, barbs are worthless, what we really need are more **** 5 aps sinsb:victory

on a serious note, barbs are seriously underestimated alot when it comes to pvp. sure you can get stun locked by a sin and die just like everybody else, but if you break that stun lock and land a few good hits, most of em dont stand a chance against some good old brute force. so, sin is either gonna 1. die, or 2. use shadow escape to get out before they die. build your fuzzy and have some fun. just dont make an aps barb, those are stupid. and dont be just another worthless r9 barb that only knows auto attack, flesh ream. theres more then enough +12 vit stone r9 everything of every class out there, its really not impressive anymore....AT ALL.

NexusCrisis gave alot of good input, and nothing i can argue with. so have fun and enjoy bein a meat shieldb:laugh
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    At lvl 86, I find that I still have a ways to go to get to where I want to be. But, I will say that I have had some real fun rolling a Barb. I cant wait for the day when I finally start learning how to be an effective squad member. As it is, I have always played games as a lone wolf, preferring to do what I wanted, but I have learned that there is a LOT more to games than being able to solo an instance.

Welcome to the game, and make your Barb into the God he is destined to become! (and squish lots of Sins on the way lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

+1

As much as I enjoy playing my barb, and would like to see more exist, I can't help but think I'd have been better off to start with another class like a BM then went back to work on my barb.

Barbs are fun to play, and very usefull, but they suck at making coin while excelling at chewing up coin!

Last line of the above quote is really key though. If you have patience you'll be just fine either way.

If you do stay barb to start, I'd highly recommend working on your crafting skills as you level to save yourself some coin while gearing up :)
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..