Is there still use for a Sage Barb when i come back?

Bluemane - Heavens Tear
Bluemane - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Hi All

Firstly as i have been away for a while i hope you all had a great Christmas and a happy new year to you all.

Ok....im thinking of coming back to play on my lv 104 Sage Barb and was wondering if there is still a place for them or wether i should re roll a new character. Those who know my Barb hopefully can say he used to do a good job...so with an 8 hr download to wait for i wondered if anyone had some thoughts or ideas.

Cheers for now.

"Blue"
(Steve)
Post edited by Bluemane - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sure, a couple of times a week pulling catas in TW I guess. Even then it's more about gears than cultivation. There's nothing a demon (even fist) barb couldn't do that a sage could if both were in R9 +12 JoSD or something.
  • Snufalufugus - Lost City
    Snufalufugus - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I am not sure why people say sage barbs are only good for pulling cata. I enjoy doing any instance with a barb whether it is sage or demon. I guess if you are all about the $$$ and want to perfect farming as efficient as possible it would matter, but that is kind of lame to me. Plus, a sage can get 5 aps now if you wanted to be more useful.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Barbs are still in high demand, at least on RT. Sage or Demon doesn't matter, both have their uses.

I'm not sure how long you have been away, but now 5aps is rather popular. Contrary to what most say, Sage APS is quite nice. Head on over to the Barb section and contact Traz, i think his name is? Sage 5aps i do believe. Of course you can still be useful without going the aps route, but unless you simply can't afford it, theres really no reason not to.
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sage barb FTW :-)

i said this in an earlier post but i'll repeat it here

Understand your place as a barb, and you'll have a good game.

For a time i didnt see a Barb and now they seem to have been sparking interest on

my server.

as much as I do not get too many invites to Nirvy, i get plenty to Delta, 100+ Bh's

and two man FC ( yea you know why )

I chose sage based on my play style and the fact i am on PvE.

GO for it, :-)
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    b:nosebleed

Devour spam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    umm no Delta is now done by SP and barbs are useless there.
    FC and Nirvy are now solo-able.

oh
    Ure still good in TW b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012

oh

Stop using barbs with ****ty +2 refines and tt90 axes in delta. bm friend and I can duo delta so you can keep your idiotic useless comment to yourself.....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Is there still use for a Sage Barb when i come back?

Sage buffs.

Devour bi*ch.

Cata puller.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think a vital question here is - what does the OP actually want to do/accomplish in game?

Get some friends or a good fac and you'll always be useful and have runs to do. Trying to prove yourself "useful" to the ADD-kiddies in WC is not the way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Stop using barbs with ****ty +2 refines and tt90 axes in delta. bm friend and I can duo delta so you can keep your idiotic useless comment to yourself.....

He asked for my opinion he got it, deal with it or GTFOb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    we do not care for ur silly opinion so gtfo yourself
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2012

oh

Not all squads are insanely refined on delta, im nothing spceial atmm got about + 5 refines rank 8 and about 20k hp and i get called everywere....

And yeah im on the server who has the best players and more csers thats is all b:bye

In fact i get more bhs done with must than my aps sin, you now why cause servers are full wint sins/bms...

Answer is always same need more to bh xxx i say barb or say no once they choose sin..
  • Must - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    He asked for my opinion he got it, deal with it or GTFOb:pleased

He can always go claws dumb ***...
  • Must - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Sage buffs.

Devour bi*ch.

Cata puller.

In all matters if we have all the gear/money in game i do believe that a barb full rank 9 with josd is way better than a bm the same way....
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Barbs are needed to taxi the girls around Arch, you forget we are human mounts

so lets see another class do that, sure you can carry some one even fly them but.

its more fun to ride a smart mount :-)
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    1. any BH is more fun with a decent barb

"pull ALL THE mobs b:sin "

2. barb can decide to stop being decent (unless +10 or more refines on full armor) and go 5aps and be a viablie dd, like a bm without HF, or a sin with half damage but double hp

big plus: they wont die all the time even with crappy gear at 5,0 build - unlike sins

"pow pow pow"

3. good TW factions are always on the look for good sage barbarians

"gotta catch em all"

4. ever got hit by a 50k hp barb arma??

*_*

5. pandaaaaaaa

"pandaa"

6. i did full delta using a 10k hp barbarian without ornaments

"thank you invoke"
    i like potato
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012

2. barb can decide to stop being decent (unless +10 or more refines on full armor) and go 5aps and be a viablie dd, like a bm without HF, or a sin with half damage but double hp

big plus: they wont die all the time even with crappy gear at 5,0 build - unlike sins

"pow pow pow"

"gotta catch em all"

*_*

5. pandaaaaaaa

"pandaa"

"thank you invoke"

b:victory
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012

"pow pow pow"

"gotta catch em all"

*_*

5. pandaaaaaaa

"pandaa"

"thank you invoke"

Uhhhhh... Wait a second... A Barb has to be in human form to use Arma. When in human, Sage vs Demon does not effect HP. Demon Arma would hurt more, IIRC, than a Sage Arma, with full R9+12 armor slathered in Vit stones on a full Vit build (actually, I think Turquoise gems would benefit Arma more than Vit stones for Arma alone).

I know an R9+12 barb on Sanct, with a vit build and vit stones in all of his armor. He's got 48k HP buffed, and he is sage. He had 47k HP with Nirvana G15 armor +12 as well (yes, he's a cash shopper, but he is also a very nice guy, so leave that out of this).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Uhhhhh... Wait a second... A Barb has to be in human form to use Arma. When in human, Sage vs Demon does not effect HP. Demon Arma would hurt more, IIRC, than a Sage Arma, with full R9+12 armor slathered in Vit stones on a full Vit build (actually, I think Turquoise gems would benefit Arma more than Vit stones for Arma alone).

Why would you think that?

Turquoise Gem gives 180 Mana. Only half gets applied to Armageddon, so 90. Multiplied by 4 equals 360 extra damage (396 if Demon) for each shard.

Vit stones gives 10 vit. Barb's get 17 HP per vit. so 170 HP. This is where i think you forgot something b:chuckle Now you have to factor in BKI, an extra 35% HP. So that 170 becomes 229 (rounded down). Half of which is 114 (rounded down). 114 multiplied by 4 equals 456 extra damage (501 with Demon rounded down) for each Vit stone.

A Dryad's Spiritstone however, would work better.

I rounded down because that's what seems to happen in-game with my Barb when I buff BKI.
    edited January 2012
    In all matters if we have all the gear/money in game i do believe that a barb full rank 9 with josd is way better than a bm the same way....

Just the sheer amount of sins out there has made BM obsolete. I'm relegated to dragon bi*ch and drop picker in Trials. I don't really mind though, I started as a support class, and it looks like I've ended as one.
  • Must - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Just the sheer amount of sins out there has made BM obsolete. I'm relegated to dragon bi*ch and drop picker in Trials. I don't really mind though, I started as a support class, and it looks like I've ended as one.

I dont mind either being devour and buffer, ppl love my demon buffs...

Plus i get less repairs bills, and the chance for me to die is lower nowadays....

Still trying to get lvl 101 QQ.....
    edited January 2012
    I dont mind either being devour and buffer, ppl love my demon buffs...

Plus i get less repairs bills, and the chance for me to die is lower nowadays....

Still trying to get lvl 101 QQ.....

Haha, omg, you're still trying? It's really not all that hard. Just do your CS, WQ and cube every day?

And actually, no that wasn't a troll. D:
  • Must - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Haha, omg, you're still trying? It's really not all that hard. Just do your CS, WQ and cube every day?

And actually, no that wasn't a troll. D:

Dont do crazy stone anymore im lvling with bhs 2 (orb of exp) and the occasional frost, wq no way mike i rather got on sin and do her bhs...

I need 5 points in strengh cause back then vit was the shizz... so instead of buying a reset i will lvl must xd..
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think a vital question here is - what does the OP actually want to do/accomplish in game?

Get some friends or a good fac and you'll always be useful and have runs to do. Trying to prove yourself "useful" to the ADD-kiddies in WC is not the way to go.

This is the best answer here. I'm going sage on every character on one server (HT), and plan to go demon (LC), I'm glad I have friends that I do play this game with so it won't be a problem for me at all. Well even for some randoms are pretty much not caring as long as we get things done, that is all that matters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    There are still plenty of uses for a good barb (I say good cause sage or demon doesn't matter to me that much) The difference is now everyone and their mother wants to be 5 aps and well a 5 aps barb can't match a 5 aps bm's damage and niether compare to a sin, but that is a whole other can of issues. If you are a vit barb you will always find a place in bh runs, sure there will be sin heavy sqauds, but you know what wizzies and veno's and psy and all the other caster's still need bhs too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.