Genie Stat Distribution

Options
stereotyper
stereotyper Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Archer
Bit of background info, I'll be having a 61/89 Zeal genie for strictly PvP and I was considering choosing one of the following stat distributions (genie gear included): 60 MAG 90 VIT, 90 MAG 60 VIT, or 75 MAG 75 VIT. My genie skills will be: Extreme Poison, Holy Path, ToP, Stunning Blast, and AD. Any input/suggestions on what build you would find most beneficial is appreciated. b:thanks
Post edited by stereotyper on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm not sure about other servers, but 71 LP genies are reasonably priced on HT. I would suggest finding another genie.

This is assuming you are level 100. If you're level 90, then ignore my advice.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Might Actually Suggest having Dex. IIRC all those skills benefit from a decent Dex score, especially EP. Problem is with that build the Genie skills will be more spam than power. Perhaps a 50-60 Mag, 50-60 Vit and rest Dex might work well.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    HP requies 100 dex to have any effect

Stunning blast's dex effect is not particularly great, but nevertheless useful if it procs. I guess it's nice when you drop -> SB and the opponent try to stun/freeze while you resist.

With R8 DD ToP is pretty useless in PvP. I'm assuming this is a PvP genie since you have stunning blast.

AD does not benefit from dex

Ex gets 1s increase for 10 dex points.

All in all the genie would not really benefit that much from adding alot of dex. I recommend 20 dex maximum. You then have a 8s EX as well as 4% immunity chance. An EX longer than 8s in my opinion really isn't necessary if you have decent gears. The only time I use EX in 1v1s now if just for charm bypass to to deal enough over 10s to avoid charm healing again, and 8s is usually enough. Even in the rare case that it's not, you might have enough energy to use it again. Advantage with just 20 dex is that you still have a decent amount of energy pool and regeneration.
  • stereotyper
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ty for the replys everyone. Keep in mind this genie will be an 89 Tournament genie, although on my server there are many +5-10 gear refines in Tournament, meaning no shortage on damage b:surrender. This also means no flying around.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I wouldn't even bother with ToP and stunning blast in tourny unless you got decent defences or high HP. Even then I still would rather have something else other than those two skills, and especially SB when you can't fly.
  • stereotyper
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Right now the main problem is my defense, so I thought ToP would be able to help that some. Any ideas?
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Depends how you're dying. If you're getting APSed to death in 3-4 seconds or if you're getting 3 shot by +10 archer or 2 shot by casters then ToP wouldn't save you.

Might wanna consider faith and work that with IG but the downside is you can't have AD. If you repeatedly die to one type of caster make it's worth having elemental immune genie skills. I don't know how, when, or why you die, so I really can't go into too much detail but offer a few general solutions.
  • stereotyper
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Most of it is from a few large hits rather than high APS, namely archer and veno, both LA and high enough refine to hurt.

I've looked into Faith, although at 89 the highest level it could be is 6, limiting me to a 60% chance, which is unreliable compared to AD.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ah yes, I forgot that the chance of faith is relative to its level. Well archer vs archer is still a fight on who gets the first stun if you have comparable refines no matter at what level. Vs LA Venos can be tricky, but if there are a few of them in the 89 tourny then maybe Nullify Posion is worth looking into.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Expel is nice for kiting away or tanking a stun from melee classes.

Alot of people react poorly to it since they don't immediately associate the seal effect with immunity to physical.

I tanked 7 melee toons at one point tonight in TW. So in a 1v1 tourney it could definitely help to kite or dodge a sin to buy some time.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I tanked 7 melee toons at one point tonight in TW. So in a 1v1 tourney it could definitely help to kite or dodge a sin to buy some time.

Here we go again, sage archers coming up with these scenarios where 7 melees were attacking and not one caster.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/6/6/6651ace3-ba32-468f-866c-ebe10bf97aae.jpg
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Here we go again, sage archers coming up with these scenarios where 7 melees were attacking and not one caster.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/6/6/6651ace3-ba32-468f-866c-ebe10bf97aae.jpg

I already killed the wizard and cleric :P. I know my job in TW lols. You act like you have never solo'd a defense squad on lane A or C before? Or been the last one alive because your cleric/wizard just got sin ganked so you decide to gtfo and live to fight another day lols.

with expel and if no one recognizes it, you will tank people that just autoattack. Kiting after stun wears off for an easy escape with expel off is not a bad strategy. Alot better than just taking the stun and dying before it wears off.

EDIT: THIS IS SPARTA!!!!11111
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Do you know what, I haven't. I TW for the top faction on my server and the second strongest faction isn't stupid enough to have a squad full of melees. In fact in the top tier TW on my server the melees don't really DD, they play support. Sins are non-factors while BMs usually stun HF. Barbs are the only real melee class that DD here.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Do you know what, I haven't. I TW for the top faction on my server and the second strongest faction isn't stupid enough to have a squad full of melees. In fact in the top tier TW on my server the melees don't really DD, they play support. Sins are non-factors while BMs usually stun HF. Barbs are the only real melee class that DD here.

And I TW in one of the only fun TWs left on server. Kindrid vs EQ. 1-2 hour TWs.

If I wanted to participate in 5 min TWs I think I would rather just run from Etherblade to Archosaur on foot. I would probably kill the same amount of people :P

Fun >>>>>>>>>>>>> Faction ranking in my book as far as TW is concerned.

Retired from PWI.

• stereotyper
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Strangely enough there aren't any sins in Tournament, and the barbs and BMs are manageable. The problems are the hard hitting casters and when facing more than one opponent, both phys and caster.

Also I'd still like to know if I should do 60 MAG 90 VIT, 90 MAG 60 VIT, or 75 MAG 75 VIT. b:thanks
  • DirtySouth - Raging Tide
    DirtySouth - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

totally busted You! kekekekeke