Will annything good come out with the new expension?

Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Other then stuff that require a lot of money or a realy high lvl that is... Or will it just be some expensive skills for lvl 105 and yet another lame pack? Or some new even where only the highest damage dealers of the server can win something? Somehow the game also makes me feel like the staff only cares about money lately... But well... Does annyone know if something good will come out with the expension that everyone can enjoy?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
BigHearts member... f:grin
Post edited by Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I won't be able to answer this thread really, but I can give you a question, has anything good ever came from any expansion/update that has really benefited the game properly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Yeah would be nice if it is participation an time based rather than performance- kinda like the nine trials.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    I won't be able to answer this thread really, but I can give you a question, has anything good ever came from any expansion/update that has really benefited the game properly?

Good point... b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    You can pretty much guarantee that none of the existing bugs over the past 3 years will be fixed, and that entirely new bugs will be introduced that will not likely be bothered to be fixed either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mesro - Heavens Tear
    Mesro - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I have a feeling you guys don't really pay much attention to the forums properly. If you did, you would have found the links and stuff that talk about the main thing in the new expansion (which includes awesome new skills for each class). In case you haven't seen it yet, I am posting a link here to what shows the new skills that each class will get in the new expansion. Here it is:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15365691&postcount=208

I hope you guys take time to check it out, so you aren't really lost anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mesro - Heavens Tear
    Mesro - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Other then stuff that require a lot of money or a realy high lvl that is... Or will it just be some expensive skills for lvl 105 and yet another lame pack? Or some new even where only the highest damage dealers of the server can win something? Somehow the game also makes me feel like the staff only cares about money lately... But well... Does annyone know if something good will come out with the expension that everyone can enjoy?

To answer this question, obviously there will be good things to come from the expansion. If you dont think that new awesome skills are good, then I feel sorry for you. May the powers of the Demon Psy guide you. LMAO jk XD. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    I'm just asking... Rather then going through tons of pages to find some awnsers... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Many, many and I mean 100's of QQ threads will come from this expansion.

Oh wait, did you say good things?
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
    edited January 2012
    Many, many and I mean 100's of QQ threads will come from this expansion.

Oh wait, did you say good things?

Probably... Ppl even QQ about stuff that doesn't affect them after all...

Yeah good things... I know it's a small chance but still... Can't hurt to keep hoping right? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Actually, yes. Lost Empire and Age of Spirits actually added good stuff to the game. Everything since then has been ****.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Probably... Ppl even QQ about stuff that doesn't affect them after all...

Yeah good things... I know it's a small chance but still... Can't hurt to keep hoping right? b:cute

It really is ones personal perspective on what equals "good".

I myself have probably 95% of the time enjoyed my PWI experience. So whatever this expansion will bring I will continue to enjoy the game that I started playing back in Sept of 08 just the same.

If I am able to turn people into frogs, that will be an added bonus. If I need to be lvl 105 to do it, thats ok. I then need to just earn that as added endgame bonuses.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I have a feeling you guys don't really pay much attention to the forums properly. If you did, you would have found the links and stuff that talk about the main thing in the new expansion (which includes awesome new skills for each class). In case you haven't seen it yet, I am posting a link here to what shows the new skills that each class will get in the new expansion. Here it is:

What he said, IMO this expansion will be the best I've witnessed, because of new skills... coz i've only been around since soon after rt expansion was released b:surrender
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Genies.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i laugh it there be a glitch faster than fcc 105 >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i vote for an easier and cheaper way to lvl instead of buying fcc heads so that all the people that wasted hundreds of millions lvling to 100 on power lvling services can go back and hide under the same rocks they go running to when i kill them on a char 15 lvls lower than them. b:bye
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Will anything good come out with the new expansion?

Yes, disappointment, which is good for you!

Joking aside, the joke is still legit, each expansion brings in more complaints than praises.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited January 2012

what these "awesome new skills" are doing is introducing soulforce to all the other classes, effectively draining whatever money we still have to pay for refines

well played, PW...well played b:surrender

that aside, hopefully the skills will bring better balance to the classes heh...and REALLY hope they don't pull some kinda chrono page **** b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i vote for an easier and cheaper way to lvl instead of buying fcc heads so that all the people that wasted hundreds of millions lvling to 100 on power lvling services can go back and hide under the same rocks they go running to when i kill them on a char 15 lvls lower than them. b:bye

There is an easier and cheaper way to level and I don't mean questing either. It still involves using hypers.. but people are impatient these days and "MUST HAVE IT NOW~"
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Yes something good will come for sure, and something bad also.

Didn't rubberbanding start when the genies were released?

Well I'm looking forward to the veno pvp reflect skill mwahahaha. b:chuckle

I wonder what sins will get. b:shocked
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2012

imo rubberbanding is a sideeffect of lag and a shaby implemented protection against movementhacks...b:thanks
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    Actually rubberbanding was a feature added in to prevent 3rd party speed hacks. The problem was that if your connection is a bit slower that it had some serious side effects.

That was introduced shortly before the RT expansion, and has been resolved since. If you're experiencing it now, it's because of lag or lost packets between your PC and the server. Run a traceroute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2012

They get a skill that steals our coins when we get ganked. b:chuckle

But then again I have a growing list of folks I want to frogmarch around the maps.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
    edited January 2012
    Meh... I hope there will be a fun instance for midlvles or something like that... Maybe they can make something fun like actual puzzles or minigames...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MomoYukino - Lost City
    MomoYukino - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This is Mraochan, I'm posting on my sin. TY for all replies!

Hmm ok so it was around RT expansion, I thought it was earlier that that. For some time here recently I noticed no rubberbanding but it's started again. It is mild compared to before but always annoying.

My ping is always ~200ms. Same ISP for the whole time I've played (started March 2009) and it's a crappy one, working on getting a new one On top of that I'm on the east coast and play a west coast server, so my traceroute has ~17 hops, lol

That thing with sins freezing in place is really annoying too. b:angry

Well ty again for the replies and sorry for semi off topic. b:shutup
    edited January 2012
    and sorry for semi off topic. b:shutup

Meh... The topic is in "general chat" after all so don't worry about it... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suranda - Sanctuary
    Suranda - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Meh... I hope there will be a fun instance for midlvles or something like that... Maybe they can make something fun like actual puzzles or minigames...
    That would be great.
    Main: Alsiadorra - 101 seeker - Proud Marshall of Seagods
    ======================================
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over... - Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    More packs, fash, mounts and of course, amazing epic new bugs and glitches!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The funny thing is that instead of fixing the bug when standing on an NPC's head they added a tip to the loading screen that says, "don't stand on an NPC's head, they may not like it!"

Shows they are aware and don't care, rofl.
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited January 2012

To answer this question, obviously there will be good things to come from the expansion. If you dont think that new awesome skills are good, then I feel sorry for you. May the powers of the Demon Psy guide you. LMAO jk XD. b:chuckle

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THE NEW PSY SKILLS ARE AWESOME ? b:puzzled b:worried
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Nope.avi....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰