Weapon

Tasse - Lost City
Tasse - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Wizard
When i get my wiz to 100 i will have the following gear: http://pwcalc.com/8c70da4e2d8c79ed and will be demon when the time comes.

Now my question is that of which weapon to choose from. I'm thinking of R8: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12647

Or the TT NV wand: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25973

With the NV wand, if i were to get it, i would eventually go 2nd cast with it. Also i will have a full set of 2nd cast NV armor. any comments or suggestions would be nice.
Thanks
Post edited by Tasse - Lost City on

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i would go for the lunar wand

it looks great on female chars, the tt wand is ugly
    and rank 8 sword is obviously ugly too

the most beautiful armor set is full lunar nirvana female ;o
    and the wand fits to it

wow i didnt say anything about cost stats or use!
    i like potato
  • Tasse - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Now i know R8 wins damage wise, but i hate the look and yet at the same time i want to be able to hit really hard. I'm still not sure what weapon to go with because i really like the wand...

any feedback and advise would be nice.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Now i know R8 wins damage wise, but i hate the look and yet at the same time i want to be able to hit really hard. I'm still not sure what weapon to go with because i really like the wand...

I left my +11 wand for a +5 rank 8, rank 8 hits amazingly harder. The sword is +10 now but just the +5 sword hits as hard as a +11 wand.

Ohhh you meant nirvana, nvm I like nirvana =]
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Questro - Lost City
    Questro - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2012

well let just assume you were gonna +10 the r8 weapon and no shard added.

magic Atk.12573-14979 = 13776 average

now we will add the same stats from r8 weapon to the 2nd cast nirvana wand +10

Critical Hit Rate +4%
    Maximum Magic Attack +130
    Magic +15

magic attack 14302-14460 = 14381 average

r8 have 100% chance to get 2 socket. Wand usually come with 1 socket, if lucky u get 2sockets. Wand refine a bit better than the r8. But over all, they are very similiar to each other in term of damage.
    A crit from Archer usually hurt but a crit from wiz usually mean death.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Critical Hit Rate +4%
    Magic +15

r8 have 100% chance to get 2 socket. Wand usually come with 1 socket, if lucky u get 2sockets. Wand refine a bit better than the r8. But over all, they are very similiar to each other in term of damage.

But the wands damage is constant and the r8 sword looks stupid.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I beg to differ, the NV lunar magic sword looks divine.
  • Tasse - Lost City
    edited January 2012

Critical Hit Rate +4%
    Magic +15

Thanks for the info, im gonna go for the wand because the damg is a little better and it looks awesome :)
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Errrr.

R8 -> 72g * ~1.2m -> ~87m. (++ring)

2nd cast wand -> 250 raps -> 1.2m (lowest 2x price on LC) -> more than 270m.

The average damages are skewed because of sockets, as well as you'll be hard pressed to get +magic and +matk on the same recast. Add another 100-???m ontop of thta for desired stats. I'm all for looks, I've paid 60m for white fashion, but it's a waste of money.

R8 also has recast options, you could literally almost get a recasted weap with that extra cash you're spending. There's a chance for purify...
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tasse - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Errrr.

R8 -> 72g * ~1.2m -> ~87m. (++ring)

2nd cast wand -> 250 raps -> 1.2m (lowest 2x price on LC) -> more than 270m.

The average damages are skewed because of sockets, as well as you'll be hard pressed to get +magic and +matk on the same recast. Add another 100-???m ontop of thta for desired stats. I'm all for looks, I've paid 60m for white fashion, but it's a waste of money.

R8 also has recast options, you could literally almost get a recasted weap with that extra cash you're spending. There's a chance for purify...

I see your point, how much does r8 recast cost on our server?
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I've heard anywhere from 300 to 500m. Obviously it's a low end estimate I gave, but at the same time, it's only that little bit more for something that could be so much better.

edit: Of course, if you plan on using the account stash to have more than 1 char on the same account, I would recommend NV weapon/gear for sure.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's closer to 250m - 300m the last time I checked. You gotta see that most of the big factions did not do a lot of trials during 2x because they were busy farming. I would expect the prices to drop again in the next few weeks.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Tasse - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    It's closer to 250m - 300m the last time I checked. You gotta see that most of the big factions did not do a lot of trials during 2x because they were busy farming. I would expect the prices to drop again in the next few weeks.

It's down that low??? Iv been told that it was more like 500mill
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    OMG are you seriously thinking of getting the wand instead of the rank 8 sword just because it looks pretty? Too bad I m not on your server b:angry some one should farm you just for thinking that way b:sad
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Honestly if i wasn't able to get enough for rank 9......then Radiant wand would be my second choice. Sure it has slighly less dmg then some of the others, but for 170 mill the purify proc would be nice to have-plus there isn't fifty other wizzys running around with one yet.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i wanna do triallls again

last time i fell asleep doing DB
    i like potato
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Honestly if i wasn't able to get enough for rank 9......then Radiant wand would be my second choice. Sure it has slighly less dmg then some of the others, but for 170 mill the purify proc would be nice to have-plus there isn't fifty other wizzys running around with one yet.

For 170m you can +10 your R8 though b:shocked
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    on a traditional style mmo, where weapons stats and refines are a huge deal, on a class that lives and breathes through the weapon damage people are thinking of choosing weapons based on look.
    I can go post flyers with "the end is near !! " now, there's nothing else left to do.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
This discussion has been closed.