Books in SoT/Aba

Options
Lulznotwar - Lost City
Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
I've done around 10-20 Abadons and Seat Of Torments recently and i havent seen a single 99 book drop am i just rediculously unlucky? or have you noticed a reduction in the drop rate of books/removal of books as drops from these bosses?
RIP spoons
RIP PWI
The game is dead
Post edited by Lulznotwar - Lost City on

Comments

• Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Getting A book drop is about a 10% chance. So after 10 runs not getting one is slightly unlucky. There are some TT Gold mats iirc that have a better chance of dropping that you getting A book from one of those bosses.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lol, the only twilight mat that is worth the effort of getting to drop is a Orange mat from Illusion Lord (****ing HATE HIM >.<, WTB> 100k HP just so he can't touch me)

But yeah, book drop in there is kinda person to person. Last Abba I did, had a mold, 2 3*, and a some cleric book drop. SoT before that was a barb book and 2 molds.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I've done around 10-20 Abadons and Seat Of Torments recently and i havent seen a single 99 book drop am i just rediculously unlucky? or have you noticed a reduction in the drop rate of books/removal of books as drops from these bosses?

abba and sot only drops 89/92 books need "old book page" or "page of fate" to get 99 books thanks and happy gaming
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    abba and sot only drops 89/92 books need "old book page" or "page of fate" to get 99 books thanks and happy gaming

Woops derp, i meant the 89/92 books but yeah recently every one i have been on not a single book have dropped but it looks like im the only one whos not particularly lucky :/
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Woops derp, i meant the 89/92 books but yeah recently every one i have been on not a single book have dropped but it looks like im the only one whos not particularly lucky :/
    its usual to NOT drop >.> pwi been feeding us alot of 2x lately that ppl got used to it....

i almost never ever saw books back when FBs where the thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lol i solo my bh on my sin for both bh99 sot/aba
    This week i got a 30m book on my third run i love it so much lol
    This barb is very VERY unlucky for 20runs without book drop
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    got none from all my aba and seat runs during 2x and wined an Eden for my archer's culti and got 2 cheap skill books =[
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The actual drop rate doesn't change every time this topic is brought up. b:sweat
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • cevil1
    cevil1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If I recall correctly, to get a specific book from fb99 is 1%.
    PWI has tokens,, use them!
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

I had 1 drake's ray bm demon skill at end of x2 and sold for 1M
    Luckie?=Yes b:pleased
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Last 3 days i did 3 abbas and 2 books droped,...
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

same shiat here, I've done well over 50 Abaddon/SoT runs and drops were only molds+3* drops. No books, none, nada, zip.
    First book I've seen in basically a month was in a BH last nite, some useless sage BM book. I actually stopped doing them...after 50 runs it's kinda' depressing to have 5-6 ring molds, 14 HA plate molds, 4 or 5 -int hammer mold and a ton of 3* that aren't even worth decomposing. Farming 2-1 or 1-2/1-3 is 3x more money than farming books in SOT/Abaddon, at least for me.
    At least during 2x the **** drops covered easily the cost of wine, so beside wasted time I didn't lose anything.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I probably see a book drop (always a crapy one never seen a good one like Rez drop) probably every 6-7 runs through. Granted I don't get a book every 6-7 runs cause I wine maybe 1 in 20 runs and I always get molds b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The actual drop rate doesn't change every time this topic is brought up. b:sweat

I was not really saying that they had i was just curious to what others were finding with the book drop rate from these two bosses.

And No 2x wont affect the drop rate of the books from the last bosses as they run off a different drop system to normal drops (as an FYI)
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I was not really saying that they had i was just curious to what others were finding with the book drop rate from these two bosses.

And No 2x wont affect the drop rate of the books from the last bosses as they run off a different drop system to normal drops (as an FYI)

Books are just like any drop. You could get 3-4 in one run, you might not see one in 50.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Today did seat 2x (had still from yesterday) and demon amp dropped, before that I did probably like 15 runs without even seeing any book drops, even molds were kinda low.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Books are just like any drop. You could get 3-4 in one run, you might not see one in 50.

Incorrect. Books are on the "Additional Items" drop table in FB 99. In FB 89 they are just like normal drops though.

Essentially you have a 10% chance of a Book being considered dropped. Then the next drop table has a 1% chance to drop any book on it. Basically if you're farming a boss for a specific book, there's a 0.01% chance of it dropping (Which oddly enough is 1/10th the chance of a Red TT mat, 1/20th on double drops).
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Books are on the secondary drop table, 10% chance of it considered to be dropped and then every single book has a 1.047% chance to be dropped b:surrender considering the plethora of books that can be dropped, its rare that you will get one worth selling. There are a total of 96 different possible books, so 48 different skills because the final boss of aba and sot drop the sage and demo versions of them.
    edit: also secondary drop table is not affected by 2x, if you get more during 2x, you just get lucky, thats it.