Sword Stances

Options
nekoblaster
nekoblaster Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Seeker
Northern Sky Waltz
Parchedblade Dance
Soulsever Minuet

So yeah, I used Sky Waltz until 29 then I like never touched it again and always used Parched for the aoe stun.
Got Soulsever Minuet, and I have to say Gemini Slash is amazing.

Just wondering, will there be a use for Sky Waltz again, or is it completely pointless?
I see that Parched is can be really good for a stun+aoe on mobs, but how is it in pk?
Soulsever is obviously the best in PK, but is it any good for aoeing mobs.
I know it kinda requires Blade Affinity, otherwise it's like super slow.

So my main question:
Sky Waltz: pointless, yes, no, kinda?
Parchedblade: pointless, good for mobs/aoe?
Soulsever: only good for pk, and or mobs? (aoe)
Post edited by nekoblaster on

Comments

• laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Northern Sky Waltz
    Parchedblade Dance
    Soulsever Minuet

So yeah, I used Sky Waltz until 29 then I like never touched it again and always used Parched for the aoe stun.
    Got Soulsever Minuet, and I have to say Gemini Slash is amazing.

Just wondering, will there be a use for Sky Waltz again, or is it completely pointless?
    I see that Parched is can be really good for a stun+aoe on mobs, but how is it in pk?
    Soulsever is obviously the best in PK, but is it any good for aoeing mobs.
    I know it kinda requires Blade Affinity, otherwise it's like super slow.

So my main question:
    Sky Waltz: pointless, yes, no, kinda?
    Parchedblade: pointless, good for mobs/aoe?
    Soulsever: only good for pk, and or mobs? (aoe)

When high level seekers solo a boss they usually vortex most of the way through. Soulsever is better for this cuz the debuffs are long lasting. Put heartshatter on the boss, then use SS till he's debuffed and then vortex until dead. NSW wouldn't work for this cuz the debuff doesn't last very long. If you overwrote the SS defense debuff with NSW and then vortexed till end you would be making things harder for yourself.

Seekers tank bosses in a very similar way to how they solo them and usually just debuff and vortex till end. But if your not going to vortex till end the best thing is to use heartshatter, then SS until debuffed and then switch to NSW and keep reapplying the defense debuff.

The NSW defense debuff is stronger then the SS defense debuff. The attack debuff on the boss stays there when NSW's defense debuff overwrites the SS defense debuff. So you start with SS and get the long lasting attack debuff proced and then keep reaplying the stronger NSW defense debuff.

This is easier to do when your DDing. People aren't relying on you to hold aggro so the time it takes to get all the debuffs on doesn't matter. Sometimes when your the tank you have to just put heartshatter on and then move right into vortexing to keep aggro from the rest of the squad.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • gallax13th
    gallax13th Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i use parched the least
    northern the second most
    soulsever and gemini slash, best skills everrr :)