Marriage Pairs!

Options
Rukatomiiku - Heavens Tear
Rukatomiiku - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
My wife has a seeker and an archer that she loves to play and we aren't sure what would make a better pair for our characters. I've got my cleric, a sin, and a wiz. What do you guys think would pair the best, and why?
At a higher level what would end up being better?
Thanks in advance for any helpful replies that i can get! b:victory

In general what would make a better pair? Not just for MQ but for questing and stuff.
Post edited by Rukatomiiku - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Marraige doesn't really do much for you besides give you access to marraige quests, which are short dailies, so ultimately it doesn't matter so much. As I recall, though, at least one of the MQ bosses was kinda difficult if you're not prepared. Cleric and Seeker, Sin and Seeker would probably help you the most on these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    As I recall, though, at least one of the MQ bosses was kinda difficult if you're not prepared. Cleric and Seeker, Sin and Seeker would probably help you the most on these.

Not really b:surrender A lot of people just make the mistake to tank them ranged so they spam their nasty magic.

It doesn't really matter for MQ. Just marry whichever char you like and quest together like you want to :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rukatomiiku - Heavens Tear
    Rukatomiiku - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thanks guys. What do you think would end up better outside MQ?
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Outside of MQ marraige has absolutely 0 impact on the game. You could marry two clerics for all it matters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Since you aren't on a PvP server, it doesn't really matter much. Just do whatever comes naturally. b:chuckle

(Personally, I'd go cleric + archer. That's some sexy elf lovin' there, and you can **** the MQ bosses ranged for great justice. Oh yeah, and you can heal and purify though purifying the one where you end up with children in your quest bag is pointless till the end, especially on a PvE server.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Cleric+archer would be the most useful combo overall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My veno is married to a BM, my cleric is married to a barb, my barb is married to a cleric and my seeker is married to a psychic. Honestly, I've done every MQ on each pair multiple times and it doesn't really seem to matter. My barb is the lowest, around 35. My cleric is 50-something, seeker is nearly 70, veno is obviously 100. And all of the groups do just fine with the quests. The only thing to keep in mind is to be strategic if you have a difficult time with the spider or governor boss. It seems both do less damage if you stand close to them, so it's easy even with lower level toons.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My veno is married to a BM, my cleric is married to a barb, my barb is married to a cleric and my seeker is married to a psychic. Honestly, I've done every MQ on each pair multiple times and it doesn't really seem to matter. My barb is the lowest, around 35. My cleric is 50-something, seeker is nearly 70, veno is obviously 100. And all of the groups do just fine with the quests. The only thing to keep in mind is to be strategic if you have a difficult time with the spider or governor boss. It seems both do less damage if you stand close to them, so it's easy even with lower level toons.

Yeah, my BM married a Barb. Barb has died on some of the ranged magic mobs... He's smrt and Armaed...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I have three married chars; Archer married to Cleric, Sin married to Psy, Barb married to Veno. All of them have no trouble doing MQs and anything else in the game.

While playing an archer in MQs, I would suggest taking a fist weapon to hit the mobs. APS is NOT required for this; any level-appropriate fist will do (I personally carry a Gorenox... the green one). You can also just get in close with your bow and spam skills that do not suffer the damage penalty (namely Winged Pledge and the metal skills). It is also possible to tank the "Thursday boss with the nasty debuff" at range without taking any significant damage, but it's a little harder to pull off. :P

tl;dr: MQ bosses are **** easy as long as you know what to do, so marry any pair you like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Cleric + seeker. The seeker can wear Heavy Armor and tank while the cleric heals and DDs. Basically, the seeker takes care of physical damage (giving and receiving) plus most tanking, and the cleric takes care of magical damage (giving and receiving) plus buffs and healing.

Probably works best with a Vit build HA seeker and any decent AA cleric build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Bloody_Eve_ - Sanctuary
    Bloody_Eve_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    LOL, lets be honest here. Cleric + any class would make a good MQ combo. But so far I have a cleric married to a psy and a seeker married to a mystic and havent had any problems with either one.
  • Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Cleric + Veno ofc. My cleric is married to my (rl) wife whom is a veno with Herc and all. Since I am very lazy... well you get it, she does all the hard work and I earn the exp b:thanks
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire