It's called senlyn.

Wut? O.o
    <3 b:cute
  • PK_BARB - Lost City
    PK_BARB - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    IMO pw messed up with R9.
    Now the gap between cs-ers and farmers is too big.
    I don't wana be a hater, but I hope the new skills don't turn pvp into who ever attacks first wins :/ b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I'm watching
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think its a brilliant idea, but alas pwi is never going to do it b:surrender b:cry

This.

I never been in FC run and not used Hyper stones.

I don't like Tideborns because they ruined balance between classes in this game, like APS divided classes on rich and poor.
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Although I approve with no more easy leveling methods, along with genies (in those ages of lost empire was best in my opinion), delete the head hunter, remove Rank IX (Rank VIII isn't even necessary). Anything that gets handed to players stunt their development. I do not recommend this to any new players that plays this game to bother with fast leveling speed. They need to take their time with their characters.

However I do not approve of gold rate being at 100,000 coins each. If you want to know the reason why, it is because that is bad for business. Not only that 100k is easy for even level mid levels to obtain, but it is also far too easy to get gold especially with chest of coins, which makes the company not gaining much gold in the long run. Perfect hammer back then costed 500,000 in coins, but the chest of coins not only gains money back, but also the same amount gained more as they have spent. 1,000,000 - 500,000 = 500,000. Imagine people with 10 of those, which is 5 million, may not be much but it really adds up, free boutique that actually hurts the company, so they had to raise it in order to make money (even though there seem to be too much greed after gold rate skyrocketed above 1 million, 1 million is a reasonable price in my opinion, just change the price of gold hammer enough for people not to abuse these chests.)

I do agree and do not agree with removing tide born too. Apparently most people that does not actually play assassins and psychics, more likely skipped the important quests (except cultivation sometimes) after around 30+ and bother with the easy leveling methods are either alts of higher leveled characters that they spent too much coin / real money on them in order to be "overpowered." Anyone can be overpowered with those kind of refines, it does not mean the class itself is overpowered, though there are skills that need to be altered (and I mean for every class, not just tideborn) whether it is downgraded / upgraded for the better, especially spark burst (which severely needs to be downgraded or removed). I do not see what is wrong with the tideborn race. Yet I do find that they should be deleted because they aren't really original, same as the earthguards, they have a different face ( and different animations), but most of the skills effect the same (I.E armor break, magic defense break, ETC). Some of the old classes don't really have originality in effects either (which most of them does overwrite too unless it is a different icon or DOTs which stack).

However, I do not see this happening. I do agree with most though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    @TE

The PWI you promote here is for people with way too much free time.
    Do you really believe someone who's seriously studying for a good Job or a Working Person have the time to grind 8 hours a day at least to have even slightly progress in gear and level ?

This server would be populated by Kids, slacking Students, unemployed people and asians.

For Persons that can't afford 8 hours grinding a day this server would be off limits. You would just sink because everyone else is better geared and leveld. Even the Community Manager said once "PWI was originally developed for People that play at least 6 hours a day, we are going to make it more friendly for us market" or something like this. Im too lazy to search for this quote.

the only thing i would aprove is bringing back old FC, anything else from the so called good old days can stay in the dust where it belong.
    I hate Room 38
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    @TE

The PWI you promote here is for people with way too much free time.
    Do you really believe someone who's seriously studying for a good Job or a Working Person have the time to grind 8 hours a day at least to have even slightly progress in gear and level ?

This server would be populated by Kids, slacking Students, unemployed people and asians.

For Persons that can't afford 8 hours grinding a day this server would be off limits. You would just sink because everyone else is better geared and leveld. Even the Community Manager said once "PWI was originally developed for People that play at least 6 hours a day, we are going to make it more friendly for us market" or something like this. Im too lazy to search for this quote.

the only thing i would aprove is bringing back old FC, anything else from the so called good old days can stay in the dust where it belong.

I'm sorry but what I have bold, is not true, there are still kids and slacking students that actually take money off of their own parents and buys boutique, that is a false statement.

Unemployed people might get money from welfare, parents (again) or from someone else (like maybe their mate that actually is employed), and in worst case scenario, stolen money (some, not all).

As far as Asians, that is very much a racist remark, that does not deserve any respect from what I have bold. Basically you are mocking even yourself, Asians are the same people like Africans, Europeans and other ethnic groups with different skin color, hair, eye color ETC.

Aside from that, if you decide to grind for over 4 hours, then that is what you are doing. Not everyone spends all the time on the game, it may level them slow, but that does not mean they do not have a life. There are people that are so addicted to levels, what makes the difference from spending 8 hours on a game grinding even though that is slow compared to easy leveling methods, but take like a week straight to get a character to level 100? Remember that oracle sale? Hopefully you were here when that happened. You are doing the same thing, only that you are just sinking too much money on the game as well.

You do not know everybody, do not assume that certain people you see in an online game that you think they really are in real life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'd love to see a server that was older, just with the new classes. make FC what it should have been all along, a farming instance. and R9 yes, HAS to go.. makes the game no fun anymore cause it's simply too powerful without another R9 against it. (especially with 5aps)

wold be nice to see a modified XP rate though.. (I mean.. 1.4 bil xp, even on hypers takes a long freakin time..)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • kruze999
    kruze999 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wait what was that... did i hear that ONLY in PWI you can BUY r9?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    kruze999 wrote: »
    Wait what was that... did i hear that ONLY in PWI you can BUY r9?

In the other versions Rank 9 isnt as easily obtainable.
    <3 b:cute
  • kruze999
    kruze999 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'd love to see a server that was older, just with the new classes. make FC what it should have been all along, a farming instance. and R9 yes, HAS to go.. makes the game no fun anymore cause it's simply too powerful without another R9 against it. (especially with 5aps)

wold be nice to see a modified XP rate though.. (I mean.. 1.4 bil xp, even on hypers takes a long freakin time..)
    In the other versions Rank 9 isnt as easily obtainable.

That was my point, and thats why this version is so F*** up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    Options
    IMO pw messed up with R9.
    Now the gap between cs-ers and farmers is too big.
    I don't wana be a hater, but I hope the new skills don't turn pvp into who ever attacks first wins :/ b:sad

As opposed to the way it is now? i.e. Whoever drops out of stealth and stunlocks first wins.
    Oh wait, that's the same difference.

When I reminisce about the old days, I just fire up my private server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

Wow, way to generalize and be a racist...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • seekerlad
    seekerlad Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I've been watching the old transcendpw videos and I missed it so much I tried looking for an old school private server. Couldn't find one obviously. Bringing this thread back alive because I believe a lot of people want this and a lot of people will come back if this happens. Make it pay to play, do anything just make it happen b:cry
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    seekerlad wrote: »
    I've been watching the old transcendpw videos and I missed it so much I tried looking for an old school private server. Couldn't find one obviously. Bringing this thread back alive because I believe a lot of people want this and a lot of people will come back if this happens. Make it pay to play, do anything just make it happen b:cry

so.... there is so much lack of demand for an old-school server that there isn't even a private one and you expect an official? b:laugh also necro
    you only purge once #yopo
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Inb4sweetiebot. Which I always thought was automatic. She afk? b:shocked
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • seekerlad
    seekerlad Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I suggest making a vote to truly see what everyone wants.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

she became sentient and went to the beach (something about stopping it during summer for some hours)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

She only responds when you start a sentence with her name properly. She is automated for other things.

Topic: I would move to an old school PWI server in a heartbeat, no FC, no R9, no packs........it's only a dream though.....b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So, um...there would be a cash shop?

I mean...no fashion? f:stare
  • xardiounium
    xardiounium Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

For what do you need fashion?. I have costumalisation off and players distance 5meters from me, like all on server. You can only at your own "looking" at your self with high details b:laugh

To topic:
    It will be perfect, when players have a choice to play on non-corrupted server, I mean in Boutique only: Fashions, Mounts, Fireworks and "weapon/armor" skins(fashions). Again:
    This is only a game, not a real life. What we have now?:

As a Free Player(this player do not belong to any guild witch own map/s):
    - Need help with repair costs on low lvl, but it's a game and I know it's hard to play,
    - Need HP/MP potions,(huge grinding costs), but still fun,
    - Huge Fun with all, lot of fun with new places to discover :)
    - Honor with any own lvl, with no FC and no Hyppers,
    - Honored by Time(spend 10~20 more time in game as a pay to win player)<for example me, 5 years or so),
    - Know How To Play, yeah no comment here, all you know what's happen on power lvls players,
    - More fun with quests and enjoy any time in game, no bored "standing in west archo" :)
    - Happy with any item with they take.
    - Very help full, because she/he know, how hard is a game alone.

Pay to Win Player:
    - Think "I'm the best", because mine $$ killing you on 1 hit ^^ <- Ye right >.<
    - Quickly lvlng, skipping whole game with no quests etc,
    - In 3-5 days full lvl or 100+ and "I'm so bored". Best weapon in game, best armor in game on +12, yeah I'm rulez, but why is so bored now?. What should I do now?.
    - Quitting in some days, or selling they accounts, take a look in google lot of r9 there :)
    - No fun with game, bored, flustered, QQ, act like a 12 years child etc.
    - Ruin any instance/dungeon no game knowledge.
    - And at last, no help full in game, completely useless. No help with BH/FB/TT etc. Just standing in west Archo for hours and waiting for some PK :].
    - They think that they are "cool", but they aren't. Snobbish and egoistic, so they are ^^

Anyway enjoy the game ;)
  • Skyforger - Dreamweaver
    Skyforger - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The idea is great. Ehh, but it's just a dream. Gladly in such a server would start to play.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    For what do you need fashion?. I have costumalisation off and players distance 5meters from me, like all on server. You can only at your own "looking" at your self with high details b:laugh

1. I am a female, and we just seem to naturally like fashion. Its no secret that a lot of males like it too.
    2. Its amazing trends in fashion exist, when everyone on the server has costumalizations off and players at 5 meters. Psychic I guess, or watching some fashion video I dont know about posted somewhere.
    3. Well yes, unless one happens to be blind, they generally take a cursory peek at what they are putting on.

If you are saying its just seeable by me, I can sort of believe that. I had a cleric friend who used to wear a hat that I could only see when I clicked on him to trade or something. But, that was weird, cause it was only with clerics for a while. Everyone else I could see their hairstyles as long as I could see them.

Its still a legitimate question that hasnt been answered (and if it has, I missed it):

Will there be some form of CS?
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    Options

Eh? No the cash shop can stay, just talking about the items that make the game worse off.
    Nope the independently make-your-own-fashion-sense I'm good with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Sure, why not?

If possible, take packs, hyperstones, reputation and charms out of the boutique so people can get an authentic pre-tideborn pwi experience.

Also if possible, check how many people are on that server once in a while. See if people mean it when they say they want a non CS server.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

To topic:
    It will be perfect, when players have a choice to play on non-corrupted server, I mean in Boutique only: Fashions, Mounts, Fireworks and "weapon/armor" skins(fashions). Again:
    This is only a game, not a real life. What we have now?:

As a Free Player(this player do not belong to any guild witch own map/s):
    - Need help with repair costs on low lvl, but it's a game and I know it's hard to play,
    - Need HP/MP potions,(huge grinding costs), but still fun,
    - Huge Fun with all, lot of fun with new places to discover :)
    - Honor with any own lvl, with no FC and no Hyppers,
    - Honored by Time(spend 10~20 more time in game as a pay to win player)<for example me, 5 years or so),
    - Know How To Play, yeah no comment here, all you know what's happen on power lvls players,
    - More fun with quests and enjoy any time in game, no bored "standing in west archo" :)
    - Happy with any item with they take.
    - Very help full, because she/he know, how hard is a game alone.

Pay to Win Player:
    - Think "I'm the best", because mine $$ killing you on 1 hit ^^ <- Ye right >.<
    - Quickly lvlng, skipping whole game with no quests etc,
    - In 3-5 days full lvl or 100+ and "I'm so bored". Best weapon in game, best armor in game on +12, yeah I'm rulez, but why is so bored now?. What should I do now?.
    - Quitting in some days, or selling they accounts, take a look in google lot of r9 there :)
    - No fun with game, bored, flustered, QQ, act like a 12 years child etc.
    - Ruin any instance/dungeon no game knowledge.
    - And at last, no help full in game, completely useless. No help with BH/FB/TT etc. Just standing in west Archo for hours and waiting for some PK :].
    - They think that they are "cool", but they aren't. Snobbish and egoistic, so they are ^^

Anyway enjoy the game ;)

this must be the most subjective QQ post ever. i actually tried to reply to all the "points" stated but i deleted it in the end. you are just impossible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Eh? No the cash shop can stay, just talking about the items that make the game worse off.
    Nope the independently make-your-own-fashion-sense I'm good with.

Ty, Sir. :D b:thanks

I know I would try it. I think PWI before R9 was awesome - and one day the party was suddenly over. I know, and have read where R8 caused a negative reaction as well. R7 seems like it would be affordable for anyone who normally would buy a subscription to a lesser game.

b:pleased
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Ty, Sir. :D b:thanks

I know I would try it. I think PWI before R9 was awesome - and one day the party was suddenly over. I know, and have read where R8 caused a negative reaction as well. R7 seems like it would be affordable for anyone who normally would buy a subscription to a lesser game.

b:pleased

I didn't even pay attention to what was coming out way back then. Only remember when R9 was announced. But then of course I was a noob having just having found a great game to play and enjoying myself, so I didn't care much. I'm talking back when there were still a lot of people running around in the race home spawn areas mind you. I have times where I just sit in Dragon Fang Village and kinda let my mind wander on what it used to be like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.