Options
matthewwwww
matthewwwww Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Seeker
So I have a question. Does buffs:

Northern Sky Waltz,
Parchedblade Dance,
Soulsever Minuet

stuck together? I mean can we get all buffs in one? Or does they work like Focused Mind and Tidal Protection (we cannot use both at one time)?

If we cannot use them together is there a sence to upgrade all of them? Or should we choose just one? Which one?
Post edited by matthewwwww on

Comments

• ArkSama - Raging Tide
    ArkSama - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    sadly not , you can only use 1 buff in time :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I do recommend lvling them all, or at least 2 of them. I personally left parchedblade Dance behind, because it doesn't proc as much as the other two.
    It's wise however to lvl soulsever, it does a LOT of damage, and debuffs your targets attack and defense lvl.
    On bosses I usually switch to NSW to debuff the defense lvls even more.

You should see however what you personally think of parchedblade. Some seekers love it, I'm just one of the ones who doesn't like it. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You can use only 1 at a time, but each one of them has their own use for certain situations:

Northern Sky Waltz: Immobilizes for 3 seconds and reduces the target's defence level by 20 (= roughly 19% increased damage taken on monsters) for 8 seconds.

The immobilizing effect might have some uses in PvP since staggering strike is a ranged skill, but I'm no expert on that. The reduced defense levels are really useful in increasing the damage of your squad or when you're just grinding by yourself.

Parchedblade Dance: With stalagstrike this one just stuns your target for 3 seconds. Since stalagstrike is an AoE skill you can pull off an AoE stun with this, but the chance of the effect activating is rather low.

Soulsever Minuet: Boosts your Gemini Slash by a nice amount and reduces the target's defense and attack levels by 10 for a whopping 3 minutes (longer than almost any boss fight). Like above, Gemini Slash is an AoE skill, only this effect has a much higher chance of activating.

Duelist's Glee: Disarms your opponent (like, literally makes their weapon disappear) for 6 seconds. Obviously a PvP skill.

Just upgrade all of them and use them wisely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gallax13th
    gallax13th Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ummm

northern - staggering strike

parched - stalag

soulsever - gemini

you have to buff then wait for the status to be apllied tot he target, then use the skill.
    you may be able to use spirit bore and then switch to northern to attempt to stack it,

but ive been in too rough of fights to pay any attention
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This is the second time today I've seen Parchedblade described as an aoe stun. I've never noticed it stunning more than one mob at a time.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    to stun more than one mob you need to place that status on all of them.. It is an AoE stun, but it hardly is of a big use as it, since you need the skill that progs it to set the status and it procs too few.