obcenely high gold in ah

Northern - Dreamweaver
Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
On our server we had like 40 golds for sale at 3.5mill, 9 at 3.9 mill, etc....I'm not imagining anyone is really going to buy it at that price, so why do people put the order in? doesn"t it take a portion if they cancel the order? Essentially by putting an order that won't be filled they have gave away gold? Is that pretty much it?
Post edited by Northern - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Pretty much.

They do it as a troll.
    <3 b:cute
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You underestimate people's greed, on all sides of the table. That is all.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • dfdfdfdfdfds
    dfdfdfdfdfds Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    They do it in hopes that someone posts about it in the forums.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    On our server we had like 40 golds for sale at 3.5mill, 9 at 3.9 mill, etc....I'm not imagining anyone is really going to buy it at that price, so why do people put the order in? doesn"t it take a portion if they cancel the order? Essentially by putting an order that won't be filled they have gave away gold? Is that pretty much it?

greed and stupiity...

It takes a small amount of gold as a tax for the transaction even if it fails or does not sell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You underestimate people's greed, on all sides of the table. That is all.

There's always the possibility of a sucker/someone desperate paying that much for it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Question is, how will it effect prices in the AH and catshop for needed items? (such as mats and plat guard charms) Right now, I am seeing Plat Guard Charms goin for over 3M coin in the catshops in the RT server, and I can only imagine what they might go for when the Boutique price for them goes back up to 6 Gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Love how people resort to shaming with "greed". -It's a psychological ploy. There are no land owning farmers here that grow food and won't share or sell to those that don't have land / food. Nobody here is actually in need. You finger pointers are just a bunch of mooch bag beggars that can't be troubled to figure out how to make a fortune being a merchant. You don't want to actually earn stuff for yourself: you want charity.

This is a game, it's competitive. Anyone calling another greedy has some psychological disorder.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I logged at 1:46am est and saw 1 gold at 3m and like 20 at 2.5 the rest was under 2m.

@ the guy above me. Greed has nothing to do with "need" its about having more than everyone else and not sharing. You sound a bit like that cain guy who ran for the repub ticket too. I do however agree that "greed in game" is rather moot.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    thumbs wrote: »

You finger pointers are just a bunch of mooch bag beggars that can't be troubled to figure out how to make a fortune
    being a merchant.

You don't want to actually earn stuff for yourself: you want charity.

This is a game, it's competitive. Anyone calling another greedy has some psychological disorder.

New class - rich merchant.

If you want to play any other (excluding 5APS), you will be poor.
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I can understand maybe putting one or two , but putting 40+ bid is gonna make the loss suck cause frankly nobody is going to pay 3.5 mill for gold anytime this month, so it is a worthless bid to enter knowing it wont get filled.

I honestly don't know why anyone would sell gold for coin, coin is really not worth anything as all the best things are bought with gold now that rank is king.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I honestly don't know why anyone would sell gold for coin, coin is really not worth anything as all the best things are bought with gold now that rank is king.

You need coin to pay for skills. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2012

They would sell gold for coin because they want to pay for:
    1. FC runs.
    2. Skills.
    3. Some items from packs if they don't want to gamble.
    4. Some items from Cube of Fate.
    5. Mystical Tomes.
    6. DQ items (sometimes).
    7. Items to level up crafting skills (it is cheap).
    8. Hay and Fungus for Pet's Cages.
    9. Genies.
    10. TM runs (sometimes).
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Teleport
    Repairs
    Apoc pots from base or shops
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    They also like to buy all those mats us farmers farm so well b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You need coin to pay for skills. b:avoid

Lol, who needs skills when you can pay for FCC and powerlevel up b:laugh
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Love how people resort to shaming with "greed". -It's a psychological ploy. There are no land owning farmers here that grow food and won't share or sell to those that don't have land / food. Nobody here is actually in need. You finger pointers are just a bunch of mooch bag beggars that can't be troubled to figure out how to make a fortune being a merchant. You don't want to actually earn stuff for yourself: you want charity.

You're right about one thing--it's a game. People play this for fun. What's fun about sitting in catshop trying to sell stuff or mindnumbingly farming one instance? At that point it becomes a job and you're no longer having fun in a game. b:surrender
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You're right about one thing--it's a game. People play this for fun. What's fun about sitting in catshop trying to sell stuff or mindnumbingly farming one instance? At that point it becomes a job and you're no longer having fun in a game. b:surrender

I love playing the game and all it has to offer, the market included. Anticipating sales and fighting off other merchants can be compared to oogling endgame gears and fighting off the wraiths. You might think it's odd to sit there doing calculations but it's fun for some of us geeky kids who like to play with numbers. Also all the pro kids have vending alts so we don't actually sit there all day. When I heard about the duo clienting rule being changed I was over joy'd now that I could actually sell stuff.
  • Salori - Dreamweaver
    Salori - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    magicsabre wrote: »
    New class - rich merchant.

If you want to play any other (excluding 5APS), you will be poor.
    I'd play it. b:sin
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'd play it. b:sin

I miss ragnarok where you actually had a merchant class for vending. With skills that cost coins to use each time, brilliant idea b:dirty
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I don't get why people make these ridiculous claims that gold prices are 2m+. Gold prices seem fine across all server for me.

Deneb
    Deneb.png
    Capella
    Capella.png
    Aldebaran
    Aldebaran.png
    Betelgeuse
    Betelgeuse.png

See gold prices isn't that highb:laugh
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Merchanting is fun, and unlike grinding/farming it's certainly not mind-numbing (the opposite, in fact). That's why I do it.

I spend ~10 minutes weighing my options and considering the best move, then 5 minutes making the move, then I go to work/sleep/play on my alt/etc..., and 8 hours later I collect profits. That's kinda fun, in my opinion.

If it's not fun for others, then I understand why they don't do it.
    But... but... I call myself "greedy" all the time. b:sad

Most players are greedy. Players who shop around for the cheapest prices are just as greedy as sellers who want the highest ones. So when I hear most people say "greedy", I take it as a sign of jealousy, and that's about it, because everything in this game is just a silly little collection of pixels anyway.

Ironically, though, being less greedy than the competition is the secret to being a successful merchant. Most people don't seem to know that, which is why people do silly things like set outrageous prices in hopes of ripping off some sucker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Phedre_Rain - Sanctuary
    Phedre_Rain - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I love playing the game and all it has to offer, the market included. Anticipating sales and fighting off other merchants can be compared to oogling endgame gears and fighting off the wraiths. You might think it's odd to sit there doing calculations but it's fun for some of us geeky kids who like to play with numbers. Also all the pro kids have vending alts so we don't actually sit there all day. When I heard about the duo clienting rule being changed I was over joy'd now that I could actually sell stuff.

b:victoryb:laugh
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2012

It'd be easier to see if you didn't use imageshack. I refuse to sign up for an account with them just to zoom in on a pic. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    it'd Be Easier To See If You Didn't Use Imageshack. I Refuse To Sign Up For An Account With Them Just To Zoom In On A Pic. B:surrender

+9001
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It'd be easier to see if you didn't use imageshack. I refuse to sign up for an account with them just to zoom in on a pic. b:surrender

Ok, reuploaded pics to PhotoBucket.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I don't get why people make these ridiculous claims that gold prices are 2m+. Gold prices seem fine across all server for me.

Deneb
    Deneb.png
    Capella
    Capella.png
    Aldebaran
    Aldebaran.png
    Betelgeuse
    Betelgeuse.png

But that's PW Japan (I guess, judging by the katakana in some places), not PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Most players are greedy. Players who shop around for the cheapest prices are just as greedy as sellers who want the highest ones. So when I hear most people say "greedy", I take it as a sign of jealousy, and that's about it, because everything in this game is just a silly little collection of pixels anyway.

Ironically, though, being less greedy than the competition is the secret to being a successful merchant. Most people don't seem to know that, which is why people do silly things like set outrageous prices in hopes of ripping off some sucker.

Call me crazy, but-

Outrageous prices and ripping off people:

Greed: noun
    excessive or rapacious desire, especially for wealth or possessions.

Shopping around, merching:

Capitalism: noun
    an economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I logged at 1:46am est and saw 1 gold at 3m and like 20 at 2.5 the rest was under 2m.

@ the guy above me. Greed has nothing to do with "need" its about having more than everyone else and not sharing. You sound a bit like that cain guy who ran for the repub ticket too. I do however agree that "greed in game" is rather moot.

You're sitting here playing a video game and chatting on a computer while some children work long days, live in horrible conditions so you can have cheap products. Sell your computer, all that you own and give to others with less. b:bye
  • Barbarz - Dreamweaver
    Barbarz - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    u do that first, give an example for the rest of us.

and btw, whatever you think is happening with those money/objects you give to the less fortunate ... well , it's a joke. They really don't get what they need, they get what the humanitarian organizations have in plan to give them, and all that plan is geared toward profit.
    Learn more about how what you give to red cross for example actually translates to aid.
    Go find out about how these organizations that should add people are actually follow their own agenda. How they build 3-4 schools in vilages that would need only 1, because having pictures and a hard object as proof for money is actually more important than teaching 30 kids how to read/write or training professors/educators where you don't really have any hard proof of your money spending.
    Go find out how deep the rabbit hole goes, then come back to preach us, k?
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2012

That's perfect news for developers, probably they will want it higher, the higher gold prices the more possibility of player just losing it and buying stuff in ****ing cash shop! You think why there are stupid packs, pernamently! Why no gold resets why they won't ****ing do something to fix it! Because, they, make, money, on, it.
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008