Maintenance Patch Notes and Discussion [1-3-2012] (COMPLETE)

Comments

• HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Where as I'm a writer with a few book currently in the making, its not surprising that I choose books.
    My preferrence is an old paperback normally, because there is just something to the threadbare feel to one, with it's pages yellowing some, the older style Times New Roman font, and worn edges... Old book stores are one of my favorite places to visit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I like reading books first. Let's my imagination run freely before the movies settles a permanent image in my head on what they think it should be. xD

And I hate to bring up this one but it's the only example I can think of atm...Twilight movie totally ruined the image of Edward for me LOL. In my head, he was hotter... :|

-hides under a rock and stays there forever now-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I like both. Movies for when I'm lazy, books for when I'm bored.
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
  • Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
    Nubispotze - Heavens Tear Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Patch notes can be found here

What patch notes.................
    Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    What patch notes.................

If you highlight the entire post, you might see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Incomplete Notes generally come after patch. The real fun is logging on after maint and finding out what wasn't included in the patch notes.
  • KingThis - Heavens Tear
    KingThis - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    both~ they're both unique :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 SLITNOTb:chuckle
  • Quizeburio - Raging Tide
    Quizeburio - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Books forever
  • SeverusSnape - Raging Tide
    SeverusSnape - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    All depends. Books will always be better than their movies.

In my extreme case - I loved Harry Potter books and think all its movies ruined the franchise. I am in the minority here with this view.

In my mediocre case - I liked Lord of the Rings books. The movies were good to bleh. They removed few overpowered characters and completely changed some chars, much to my disappointment. I hated the second movie.. really, Peter Jackson had time to give useless characters a lot of screen time and not put actual characters that were in the book ?
    Long story short, even though book is good, I still loved the first movie :D (3rd wasn't too bad either) (starting of book is too slow)

In my shallow case - My favorite movie of all time is Shawshank Redemption. Not having read the book I fear that movie might not have done it justice. You really can't fit a whole book in a 3 hour movie. I'll leave this Schrodinger's cat alone.

In reverse case - Sometimes movies inspire books, comics, movies, fanfiction etc. mostly for money. In this case, I prefer original works. eg 'La jetee', which inspired practically the whole '12 monkeys' movie and few elements of David Bowie's "Jump They Say" video.

The closeminded case - Contrary to popular belief LotR movie was made. In my personal opinion, it was a good book but incomparable to countless other books in world today. Example- 'As the Crow Flies' by Jeffrey Archer. No matter how many movies etc you will make, none of it will be able to capture the simple emotions and captivating story this book grips you with, from start till end.

Books let you imagine the story from your viewpoint. Movies is looking at the same story from someone else perspective. Unless the book is a non fiction history or maths textbook, in which case, I rather watch a video about it :P
  • rainnbowjelly
    rainnbowjelly Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Completely unrelated, can I have one of the PWI administrators PM me about an unresolved issue that I had no control over? Thanks.

Also, as far as books and/or movies:

I would much rather read a book, because to be completely honest with you, movies tend to miss a lot of the important details, or they really tend to twist the story around. (I.E: Eragon)

Movies are nice to see how the director portrayed the characters from the book, and who they figured was best suited to play their part, but I would rather read the book. I can visualize most things that happen in the book because I have a good imagination. The movie just adds to the overall experience, unless they completely demolish the original story that was set out in the book itself.
  • Sansho - Dreamweaver
    Sansho - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i enjoy books as well as movie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Henacy - Lost City
    Henacy - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    C'mon Frankie! Put up the update already so I can fall asleep depressed for the awful sale that is probably going to be put up. b:surrender

And for the question, I'd have to say books. A lot of movies that are based on books have been...well Twilight. That's all I can say.
  • Forkie - Harshlands
    Forkie - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Books. Movies are over within hours. Books are never ending with a good imagination. (:
    Fork me? Fork you!
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i smell new expantion b:victoryb:dirty
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Man...Sales are ending tonight arent they. Im getting that feeling Q.Q
    <3 b:cute
  • ifirita
    ifirita Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    like both, but prefer books, because movies twist the story or completely change it. besides i like the imagery i can come up with from a book, instead of looking at someone else's picture of it
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Books most definitely.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i smell new expantion b:victoryb:dirty
    Not in this patch. :-P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    @Bioturn dude i love your sig man that line is prob one of my favorites from all the FF series...that and I friggin love Auron(no homo).
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    hmmmm:|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • rainnbowjelly
    edited January 2012
    Any admins even here?
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Have to say, I like the new idea of doing the maintenance announcement in a global post.

And books all the way. Eragon is a perfect example of the travesty that Hollywood can make out of a great book.b:surrender

dude i agree with you 100% on this one, holywood really screwed that one up.

and BTW as for the global announcement for maint. they used to do it 5 hours, 1 hour, 10 minutes and every minute from 5 and under *then a 20 second timer*. but then they removed it for god knows what reason . . . . . . . .

oh wait ik the reason. people would pay cash to start a run, not know about maint and half to REPAY for the run. so ya they think it makes them money and idk if it does so i doubt the'll be announcing maint.
  • rainnbowjelly
    edited January 2012
    dude i agree with you 100% on this one, holywood really screwed that one up.

Don't get me started. They destroyed that book. They didn't even give it a chance. The portrayals were nice, the story sucked rocks.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Imagine if you're doing it while flying outside of safe zone!

Arrive at destination in 5 minutes.

You open 1 "Anniversary Pack"

You find 15 "Perfect - Token of Luck"

AnotherSin has instantly appeared and is attacking you.

AnotherSin has stunned you.

AnotherSin has landed a critical hit dealing 2342 damage.

AnotherSin has landed a critical hit dealing 2276 damage.

AnotherSin has landed a hit dealing 1741 damage.

You have died to the hands of AnotherSin.

49 "Anniversary Pack"(s) remaining. Open another "Anniversary Pack" Y/N?

>> _
    You open 1 "Anniversary Pack"

You find 15 "Perfect - Token of Luck"

49 "Anniversary Pack"(s) remaining. Open another "Anniversary Pack" Y/N?

>> _

Sounds like fun b:chuckle

I stopped after these two posts. And laughed.

It brings back memories. Very good memories. <3

(By the way, I do play a text-based game, one like this one and another RPG).
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Not in this patch. :-P

b:sad but but but b:scorn dont lair btw hurry and give me title as Doll b:cute
  • Heimiko - Heavens Tear
    Heimiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I like both, but it really depends on the story and content of the book or movie that gets me engaged.
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I stopped after these two posts. And laughed.

It brings back memories. Very good memories. <3

(By the way, I do play a text-based game, one like this one and another RPG).

I wants to see more adventures of AnotherSin b:surrender and does the other player open another pack? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I wants to see more adventures of AnotherSin b:surrender and does the other player open another pack? b:chuckle

It's not the Adventure of AnotherSin. It's the Adventures of PlayerOne.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2012

I'd get banned for posting a wall-o-text. I had to think to make it as short as it was. b:chuckle

Imagine if I had placed text with the sparking and which skills the attacking sin used! We get an insane amount of data visually in PWI, and we take it for granted. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • DG_Anna - Lost City
    DG_Anna - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Time for forum spam like last time :d.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of the best 9x clerics out there, built for pve but owning people in pvp. b:victory

Loving me and loving others is just who I am and if you want to disagree then you can get a life! b:bye