How would you improve PWI in 2012?

Options
2»

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yes there are some new skills coming to all classes. What I meant was new skills for the original three to help balance against TB and EG.

I can't speak for the other classes... but the EP new skills aren't impressive.
    You don't balance against the other classes, you bring the new classes down to a sane level. Don't fix what isn't broken.

The primary fix has to be to 5aps, because lowering the aps cap will remove 90% of sins' ability to be as broken as they are. This would also fix BMs and make Barbs and Archers return to using the primary weapons they were intended to use.

Other than that, only minor tweaks/nerfs should be necessary. Psychics are fine in PVE, they're kinda broken in PVP but let's be honest, the PVP system needs a lot bigger fixes than psychics. Seekers, ehh... nerf Vortex's damage (and MP cost accordingly) and they're fine. Mystics, I'm not sure what's wrong with them unless you count the PVP knockback.

Frankly, I'm amazed 40 people voted for "reworking classes." Come on, people. We need class balance, not "reworking." And would you seriously trust today's devs to **** around with the original classes? That can't end well, ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • ylman
    ylman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Remove the "Duke Shouts" let it be known.... its annoying and no1 cares if a person has bought 2000 things, it occupies worldchat, it shouldnt be there at all, make a "Duke Shouts" Channel and if ppls are interested of reading all Duke Shouts messages, they can move to that channel.
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They seriously need to improve the original 3 classes!

When will they take their sweet precious time fix things up (does the Bm sword skill tree rings a bell?)

I'm tired of fashions, mounts, pets, etc...

Give us a REAL update already!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • shaneo2289
    shaneo2289 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    A guild mate came up with a great idea about TW. How about you make each land you hold be able to be attacked all at the same time. If you really think about it that idea can stop one faction from taking over the entire map or at least make it hella hard for em to keep it. This will also allow smaller factions to hold pieces of land.
  • Eldunready - Lost City
    Eldunready - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    1. It would be nice to see some "real" new abilities for the original classes. But not as nice as doing whatever is necessary to rebalance the classes. That's first priority.

2. I like the idea of getting exp from PvP. Maybe if TW PvP gave exp we could get more interest in people going and the costs of doing it would be at least partly covered. Even tho I am not a big PK'er it is obvious that those that are, benefit from the experience so why shouldn't their char?

3. I like the idea of having a min-culti level requirement for Frost. Part of what is ruining the game is power-leveling, both for alts and newbies. It is a fact that if everyone had to level their chars the old fashioned way, they would NOT have to CS as much to have decent gear since they would have earned gear and rep along with their exp. Maybe make rep a little easier to get so that when u are the right level for rep gear, if you did what ur supposed to (quest-wise) you'd have the rep or near to it.

4. Cut down on sales! Ya I like to get things at discount but when 80% if the things u can buy are on sale that just makes it the new price. So if they want to go that route, just cut the costs of things. Oh and EVERYTHING that is in the cash shop should be available to buy or earn via questing/farming. Doesn't have to be easy, just possible. And not by have a second job as a PWI-farmer. Remember, this is supposed to be a game. A possible exception is fashion. No one needs it. It's evil. So it's a good thing to make people buy that with cash to keep the game cheaper for me :)

5. I like the idea of limiting the amount of land a guild can hold but don't want to see more concurrent wars. I like TW but NOT when we are spread thin. That's just no fun. Maybe limit the number of territories a guild can hold. When they move to the nth+1 they have to relinquish one to the mobs if no one is attacking them that week. Then the mob held one would be available for other guilds to attack. I would really prefer to see guilds smaller than 200 and maybe only have 60 in TW rather than 80. That would make it easier for smaller guilds to man a "full" TW.

6. My number one complaint with all these games is that it gets ridiculously hard to level at some point. For the most part the benefits of leveling are linear. What is the exp exponential? (Don't throw Sin detection in here, that class just messes up everything) How about having the quests for your level ALWAYS contribute to 60% of what you need for the next level and thus you only have to farm 40%. Rather than some levels where the quests are 2% and ur stuck in Frost for weeks to gain 5 to a stat.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sin stealth doesnt bother me so much, Just take away force stealth, so they cant be a jerk and hide when IG cooldown goes off.. thats too low.
    Removing Zerk from daggers would also be appreciated, as its way too easy mode for a sin with it in pk.

Psy's, well leave them with their Dmg, ability to stun first hit, and whatever the buff is that makes all dmg reflected.. those are nice add-ons, not game breaking.
    But those seals, either a cap of 10-20% activate rate, which would still bother any aps'er hitting them.. or simply remove the skill, I dont think many will dissagree the sealing buff is way too OP at full +12.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Aoi - Raging Tide
    Aoi - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I want a lot of better quests, after lvl 20ish its vary repeated and boring in my opinion.
    its like just kill 50 of blablahblah over and over or kill a **** load of these in till they drop something, also I would like them to update all the original classes and maybe and some more even.
    also someday I would like venos to be able to turn into more then just fox's and the barb's turn into more then just tiger's....
  • gallax13th
    gallax13th Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    try clearing out the d bags then fix all that sht ^
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    problem is simple to solve : add more content that actually appeals to the player base and is actually fun. Dumping the trials in does nothing for the mass majority of the people in the game with the exception of the guilds that spent serious time building faction bases. That being said there needs to be new instances that have nothing to do with the base and are centered around actual team work and playing the game.

More importantly said instances need multiple options for difficulty settings to keep those who prefer it being stupidly intense from getting bored.
  • kallfar
    kallfar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If you want to improve gameplay clean up the chat. World chat is a constant stream of profanity. I have played online games for years and I have blacklisted more people in the short time I have played this game than in all the games before put together. I logged out tonight disgusted with it and I doubt if I will ever log back in. I certainly would never have expected to see that kind of language except maybe in a **** site chat room if one was into that sort of thing. I wonder how many paying customers have quit because of it?
    I just previewed this and I note the ****site up there. That's funny since if you can spell it you can put it on world chat ingame.