New "Old-School" Server?

Ariella_ - Lost City
Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Why can't they introduce a new server with no BH, Frost, Rank gear, hypers, packs, event items, blah blah blah everything else that has ruined this game. A server based on early PWI. Still keep the other servers, just introduce a new one with all these features disabled.

Oh and no Tb icky icky b:shutup

I'd still play on my main server but... It'd be a nice escape when I get bored.

Imagine it, level 80 being an accomplishment again. Jewelscalen being feared once more! TW's with competition instad of R9s 1 shotting everyone. I think it'd be fun. I almost want someone to make a anti-private server where you CAN'T get any of that stuff.

Anyone think this is a decent idea or am I day dreaming too much?
<3 b:cute
Post edited by Ariella_ - Lost City on

Comments

• GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think its a brilliant idea, but alas pwi is never going to do it b:surrender b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If I wanted a server without new classes and skills, I'd go play a private.

People would get bored of the old times sooo quickly. And why would they introduce a server that won't even bring in it's costs? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kruze999
    kruze999 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I dont think they can make a server witouth all thous ptches and tuff in them. They would need to make a new client for a clean start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    If I wanted a server without new classes and skills, I'd go play a private.

People would get bored of the old times sooo quickly. And why would they introduce a server that won't even bring in it's costs? lol

I wouldnt get bored of it. And are you implying PW was losing money back when PW was like that? How did they afford all these new servers and expansions then?? HOW?!? b:shockedb:shocked
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    I wouldnt get bored of it. And are you implying PW was losing money back when PW was like that? How did they afford all these new servers and expansions then?? HOW?!? b:shockedb:shocked

See it this way. Other servers got nice packs and event gear in cs. Nice new, expensive classes. People charge a good deal for that.
    Why would they even bother making a server that won't bring in as much money? Most of the people prefer being lazy and using wallet. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quizeburio - Raging Tide
    Quizeburio - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    That's one of the best ideas ever. I would play that sever b:dirty
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    See it this way. Other servers got nice packs and event gear in cs. Nice new, expensive classes. People charge a good deal for that.
    Why would they even bother making a server that won't bring in as much money? Most of the people prefer being lazy and using wallet. lol

So people like me can have fun still :(

To me the best part of the game is the 80-90s.

It'd be a lot more fun playing the game for gear imo -.-

Not like people still cant cashshop and sell gold for coins and buy what they want anyways. They just wouldnt be R9+12 with jades.

With no Dorbs to buy +6-7 is prob the highest refines youd see. And with no frost or BH or rank gear TT90 gold is prob the highest gear youd see. Yea TT90gold +7 is still better than what everyone else would have that didnt CS. but it wouldnt be THAT much better...like R9 is compared to everything else right now.

Eh sounds fun to me -_-
  • kruze999
    edited January 2012
    I think its a brilliant idea, but alas pwi is never going to do it b:surrender b:cry

Nah people like you are just afraid that if a clean server would be made, only people with r9 would stay in old servers and cry how they have no lowbies to kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Along that lines, it seems most of the people who want such a server are the f2p players. From a business standpoint, it makes absolutely no sense for PWE to open a vanilla server for a bunch of people who don't want to pay any real life money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Rank and Dragon orbs have always existed. The only difference would be that r8 +12 will be 1 shotting you instead of r9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    It's funny how people pretty much assume I'm one of the r9 +12 people. o_o
    I'm f2p, I don't have anything higher than r8 5+.

Tsukyini summed up the economics pretty nicely. A company goes for profit.

I don't see the big deal. You can get along without cash. But yea, good luck with that server. It has been mentioned at least a dozen times before but yep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    We had a big discussion thread like this before the 2 french and german server came out, hopeing they could actually do us a favour instead of just boosting their sales, but of course why would PWE do something that players would want if it = less sales?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • kruze999
    edited January 2012

I don't see the big deal. You can get along without cash. But yea, good luck with that server. It has been mentioned at least a dozen times before but yep.

So thats why you are so cranky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    kruze999 wrote: »
    So thats why you are so cranky.

You're not even good at trolling, sorry. b:surrender
    Not funny either. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kruze999
    edited January 2012
    You're not even good at trolling, sorry. b:surrender
    Not funny either. lol

I wasnt trying to troll or be funny.
    But i see that it hurts that you cant buy r9 and still like this game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    I wasnt trying to troll or be funny.
    But i see that it hurts that you cant buy r9 and still like this game?

Sorry, but that troll bait is just too stupid and obvious to bother replying to. lol
    I'm out of here xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012

Eh. Customer service is the staple of any successful business. Slap your player base in the face in an attempt to get more money, which is what PWE does all the time, you're going to lose money due to a shrinking player base, which I'm sure we can all see. How often do you find a new player? How often do you find a new alt? Chances are new alt is a lot more common than new player.

The game is 100+ or gtfo, a person who has never tried this game is highly unlikly to just pump cash into it to frost to a high level and play with the rest of us who have been here for years. So once they notice this game is impossible to play at low levels, and requires at least $100 to have fun playing, theyre more than likely going to quit and find a new game, hence why the playerbase is shrinking and theyre stock is dropping. A new f2p server that caters to the f2p player would go a long way to reestablishing the trust the playerbase has lost in this company.

Remember, the p2p player keeps this game running, but the f2p player keeps it active.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Just like Renza said, this topic is not exactly novel...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • kruze999
    edited January 2012
    Eh. Customer service is the staple of any successful business. Slap your player base in the face in an attempt to get more money, which is what PWE does all the time, you're going to lose money due to a shrinking player base, which I'm sure we can all see. How often do you find a new player? How often do you find a new alt? Chances are new alt is a lot more common than new player.

The game is 100+ or gtfo, a person who has never tried this game is highly unlikly to just pump cash into it to frost to a high level and play with the rest of us who have been here for years. So once they notice this game is impossible to play at low levels, and requires at least $100 to have fun playing, theyre more than likely going to quit and find a new game, hence why the playerbase is shrinking and theyre stock is dropping. A new f2p server that caters to the f2p player would go a long way to reestablishing the trust the playerbase has lost in this company.

Remember, the p2p player keeps this game running, but the f2p player keeps it active.

I would be awkward for GMs to say thees servers are 100+ orGTFO and this server is for newbs.
    But i agree with you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    stock is dropping.

Actually, it's gone up so far this year due to some good press for them. b:chuckle It's almost back up to end-of-2008 prices! b:laugh

But yeah, while I'm still playing their games, I'm not investigating their new ones nor am I spending what I once did. I certainly can't be alone in this. I think that's what their earnings keep reflecting, in fact.

But removing classes and such won't rebalance the game. They need to totally rethink their cash shop approach to restore balance, along with finding a way to "phase out" the rank gear and interval gear that's overrun the servers (and appears to be pretty unique to our version of the game and pretty non-existent in other official versions; I can't speak about Private Servers, having not played them).

I understand that the expansion takes steps to de-emphasize -int gear, and perhaps some of the desire to get rank gear. At least in a PvE scenario. But, really, even on PvP servers, I don't see people selling their organs just to get PvP gear when it won't be as good as their PvE farming gear that will let them farm PvP gear a step or two down from Rank 9. *shrug*

As for the cash shop, yeah. Definite overhaul. Maybe if they were to try not selling packs a bit (it'll make them more novel when they show up) or make them extremely rare. There need to be price readjustments across the board. Certain items need to go on sale more often to remind people that they exist, whereas others need to not be permasale.

And the event boutique needs an overhaul to make the F2P aspect look more appealing, while at the same time giving a better representation of what you can buy with Real Money (gold charms, perhaps a rotating selection of fashion and mounts, maybe a single 11m/s mount, > +2.0 flyers for the 2 new races, maybe even an occasional sale, etc.).

So yeah. Game fixes by hiding your head in the sands of the past won't work. The game was broken then, but not to the same degree of prominence. What we really need is for PWE to sit down and figure out how to please the playerbase rather than placate it. (How many people have rolled sins to farm for what used to be their mains, due to the OPness of the class, again? Appeal to the characters they left behind and the game might start rebalancing itself!) The game has a vibrant life ahead of it still, if PWE doesn't just decree it fit for life support and stick it there regardless of the playerbase.

And aren't we discouraged from talking about private servers on the forum, btw?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    *puts on the GM cap*

We'll get to this idea soon.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    That is the best idea ive heard on forums EVER! lol. But as much as i love old pwi waaayyyyyyy more than wat its become....itll never happen :(
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Nah people like you are just afraid that if a clean server would be made, only people with r9 would stay in old servers and cry how they have no lowbies to kill.

Wth are you talking about, I said it's a great idea, but I know pwe would never go for it because pwe is too money hungry b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mi$ta - Heavens Tear
    Mi$ta - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'd prefer to keep rank gear, mainly because I enjoyed farming my 200k rep for R8. :)

I'd be all for removing any option to buy it, though.
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    I'd prefer to keep rank gear, mainly because I enjoyed farming my 200k rep for R8. :)

I'd be all for removing any option to buy it, though.

Yea I guess i should've specified, remove it from cash shop.

Id love to see someone do one-man-army/FBs for 200,000 rep xD
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Nice idea but since the money coming in for this server would be little to none it will never happen.

I remember a game that just closed down mid December, people were wanting the old-school version to be released on a new server so they could play without the updates. Now, those old schoolers play on an out of date code Emulator.

Their wishes were never granted just like our will be never granted. So, off to private server people go to find what they are looking for.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited January 2012
    Let's see.

PWI before BH, Hypers, New FF , was a slow monotonous grind which I doubt many of us old playes who were here for those times would enjoy going back to
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2012
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012

Didn't wanna necro and 8 months is a long time.

This post made me lol though: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13247211&postcount=6
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's called senlyn.
This discussion has been closed.