PWI's greatest money maker

Options
2»

Comments

• Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Not sure who you're talking about. My response was to your comment that PWI is a dying game and your assumtion was based off the lack of high lvl posters in the forums.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Not sure who you're talking about. My response was to your comment that PWI is a dying game and your assumtion was based off the lack of high lvl posters in the forums.

What the hell?

You're the one making assumptions because I never said or implied that. I'm talking about players in-game, not on the forums. Less than 5% of the playerbase posts on the forums...

This is a dying game strictly because the population of new players does not exceed that of those that have or will quit. Know what a bell curve is?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ok I miss spoke on that part, no big deal. but my question to you still stands please provide proof that PWI is dying. I mean do you play on all the servers? Do you receive a monthly report on how many New players have started playing? Are you going off hear say?

Like I said originally please provide proof that PWI is a dying game. I wasn't asking to be a smart a.ss I was asking because I am actually curious. You just saying, "because people are leaving." does nothing to prove your point because any number of those players could have gone to another Server, started a new char, taken a break and will come back, etc.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Way to go making many assumptions about me:
    So you're not even willing to have a computer on (for a catshop) and still expect to make money?
    Nice job putting words in my mouth. I never said anythign about leaving a computer on, and I never said I expected to make money in such a way; the AH and buying/selling Gold takes care of that. I said that not everyone can have a second client running to merchant the dq items. My computer can't handle more than one client open at a time, and I'm not the only one. And as for "leaving a computer on", Some people actually pay bills, including electricity, and some electricity providers charge an arm and a leg if you were to do so.
    I say it again: Not everyone has a cmputer that can handle a second client running, and not everyone can afford to have their computer running 24/7.
    Naturally how much you make scales with the amount of hours you have to put into the game, as it should, I'm just showing that it's still possible to make money, without relying on parties 'allowing' you to join them when you don't have uber gear or the appropriate class. So it takes you like 2 months to get R8 if you don't spend that much time grinding / farming, how's that a bad thing? It's all you'll ever need for anything PvE wise, it should take some effort. It used to be practically impossible to get and people still did fine without having it.
    I never said 2 months to get r8 was a bad thing, honestly that is pretty good IMO. Except you assume too much. I'm a LA veno and I'm not competitive, so I really have no interest in obtaining r8+; Nirvana gear will suit me fine enough. And as for "doing fine without r8+", I do just fine with my tt90 gold armor. I never said I have trouble surviving.
    If nobody in your faction is willing to go anywhere with you, and you don't want to do any farming / grinding, then perhaps it's time to switch factions and see where they will want to party with you. Otherwise perhaps you set your goals to high with the available time and means.
    I never even mentioned the word faction at all, let alone anything about their involvement in money-making. And I would never expect my faction to always want to farm with me all the time. Factions don't revolve around one player, I help my faction mates out at times, and they help me out at times, and other times, we all do our own thing.
    Also, you seem to enjoy assuming that I don't "enjoy" farming/grinding. I actually am quite use to grind-heavy gaming, try playing old DQ games, Star Ocean or Tales game, and do all of the extra/post-game content, on the hardest difficulty. It doesn't get much more grind-heavy than that. I actually don't mind grinding/farming, but as I said, I cannot afford to spend 8+ hours a day farming/grinding, nor would I want to, as I have a life. I work, I hang out with friends, spend time with my boyfriend, watch videos, listen to music, read, go out to bar-hopping on the weekend. Then I have my 360, PS2, WII, etc to enjoy. I have a variety in my leisure when I'm not working/running errands/keeping my life in order, and I'm not the only one.
    I've never been in delta or nirvana myself, but I'm just waiting for the rest of the faction to get high enough level so we can go as a faction. In the meantime I spend my time making alts and helping faction members, which is much more rewarding than grinding away at some dungeon a few hundred times to get the next piece of gear you don't really need.
    Wow, something I can actually agree with you on. This is exactly what I do when I play this game. I as well have never been in Nirvana, Delta, or Warsong City. I've never done a Lunar Squad run, and the only 3-x squad run I've ever done was a single 3-1.
    If you're aiming at being competitive at PvP, and you don't have money or time, then you really shouldn't be playing MMORPGS; prolly better to play games where only skills are a factor such as FPS or RTS games.
    Big assumptions again. I'm not competitive, and I'm not into PvP; I play this game for the PvE, and to enjoy that PvE with others, even if it is helping people out. And time and money aren't required for MMORPG's; but this one seems to revolve around it. Most players have fallen into an "All work no play" mindset with everything; no fun, no enjoying, no lengthy dungeon runs fighting bosses that are challenging and risky. No, everyone wants everything FAST, they want it done ASAP, they are deathly afraid of dying, they want to do it just to get it done. One of my favorite dungeon runs out of any mmo I've played was doing an entire Thanatos Tower run in RO; it took forever, and we got wiped a few times, but it was a lot of fun. This game is played too seriously.

All I was doing in my post was pointing out the flaws in your condescending speech about making money. No offense, but putting words in my mouth and making assumptions isn't a very good rebuttal. Nobody is going to make 10 mil a day farming DQ items unless they are catshopping them(multiclienting) while farming the DQ items for 8+ hours a day. And not everyone has the time/resources/computer to handle doing either of those things.
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i made 10mil+ a few days from dq. i rage the nabalanche spiders . sometimes 100dq per hr, sometimes 50, but when the server was generous i easily knocked out 6-7 stacks of dq on a couple good days. they sold for 1.2-1.5mil (91's/35's) in ah.

usually i dont rock it like that. im sick of those friggin spiders now anyway, but always an easy 4 stacks a day, so always 5+ mil every day.

over 30 days of 2x drops , that put a srs pile of cash in da stash. it also levelled me from 93.2% to 95.2% lol. i also have elite farm gear so i do great damage, fast cast, and run fast. i optimized my toon for farming and boy is it paying for itself bigtime.

edit: BTW i only have 1 PC and i dont catshop or multi client either. but i do put in my farm time, but not 8hr shifts lol
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i made 10mil+ a few days from dq. i rage the nabalanche spiders . sometimes 100dq per hr, sometimes 50, but when the server was generous i easily knocked out 6-7 stacks of dq on a couple good days. they sold for 1.2-1.5mil (91's/35's) in ah.

usually i dont rock it like that. im sick of those friggin spiders now anyway, but always an easy 4 stacks a day, so always 5+ mil every day.

over 30 days of 2x drops , that put a srs pile of cash in da stash. it also levelled me from 93.2% to 95.2% lol. i also have elite farm gear so i do great damage, fast cast, and run fast. i optimized my toon for farming and boy is it paying for itself bigtime.

edit: BTW i only have 1 PC and i dont catshop or multi client either. but i do put in my farm time, but not 8hr shifts lol

See, this I can believe. a few days sounds more than feasible with the 90+ mobs and your status. ItsAWolf was saying that people in his faction were making 10 mil a day in the 80's from DQ. This honestly doesn't seem very plausible with the use of a catshop and farming all day.
    I usually spend one PWI session a week just grind/farming, since I can't leave a catshop up a lot for money and I refuse to use AH after a +4 Misty Forest Ring and a Xeno's vanished from there.
    Currently, I've been focusing on Nivastoks, since they are easy for me, I can kill them fairly quickly, and I have a bunch of Wanted No.'s requiring me to kill 90 of them.
  • Asher - Raging Tide
    Asher - Raging Tide Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:cuteb:cuteb:cuteb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FapFapFap:
    Asher, cuz every1 can see he's shaved - classy women.
    Wifey:
    Wow, Devently had to vote Asher, Hes one sexy **** Woman. <3
    CupCake:
    Haha, easily Asher.. no contest.
  • litor109
    litor109 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    r9 obviously
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    See, this I can believe. a few days sounds more than feasible with the 90+ mobs and your status. ItsAWolf was saying that people in his faction were making 10 mil a day in the 80's from DQ. This honestly doesn't seem very plausible with the use of a catshop and farming all day.
    I usually spend one PWI session a week just grind/farming, since I can't leave a catshop up a lot for money and I refuse to use AH after a +4 Misty Forest Ring and a Xeno's vanished from there.
    Currently, I've been focusing on Nivastoks, since they are easy for me, I can kill them fairly quickly, and I have a bunch of Wanted No.'s requiring me to kill 90 of them.

i farmed my way through the 80's on moths early then switched to cadiddles then chipmunks.
    even during 2x, i dont think i could have made 10mil just from farming a normal few hours on those. and i was pretty streamlined even then. i would say 2-3mil is a more realistic number for back then for me on a GOOD day. (cleric perspective only, but i know cleric is faster killer than my farmer venos and my barb is hopeless to farm with)

everybody BS's a little on their numbers too. if you really keep track, there are some really really pathetic hours in there too. and that needs to be part of the average, not the 1 out of 10 awesome days to be used as the average.

i remember counting hares while farming reinforced leather by sanctuary in the L70+ days.
    i killed 250 with zero reinforced leather drops once/ but i also scored like 20 in less than an hour another day. this can be a real fooler. you have to kill like 10k of a mob to get the real feel of the real average.

so add to that the fact that half the players are kids with no real grasp of this level of math/statistics and yeah...you will get numbers all over the map from people.