Best Farmer for poor ppl> BM or Sin?

Options
matgfs
matgfs Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Hello!

So i want to know what's better for aps, Bm or sin?

I know that bm's really cheaper than sin, but i know that sins deals lots of dmgb:victory

So, im not that rich, so the best gear i can afford for sin atm is that(no sparked, with spark i get 2.86)>http://pwcalc.com/c5670ac6ddbaf8d8

But on a Bm, i can afford that atm(this is dem sparked) >http://pwcalc.com/cb6e2151bb35cc63

Sin out DD bms, but bm's got 5k more pdef, 1.3k+ hp and sins got 2x more crit than bms *-*

So, do u think i can farm better with the sin(2.86 sparked) or the bm(4.0 aps sparked)? Ill farm lots(for long time) and with sin ill farm till this>http://pwcalc.com/b7d95f0650962223
and with bm ill farm till this>http://pwcalc.com/05c5dc51f8c95f20

and when i get the end-game ill farm to roll another class like wizzy/psy/seeker ^^

So i need your opinion for what's better cause im not rich.

PS: i already got an 84 sin with 30k rep, but lvl 1 bmb:surrender, so lvling all again is a bit boring *-*, but np ^^

Tyb:victory and sorry for long post and english mistakes b:shocked
Post edited by matgfs on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sin is definitely more expensive but in the long run it can be a way better farmer, mostly because you can just stealth past the mobs in caves if you don't need mob kill count so bosses don`t go frenzy on you, for example Brimstone pit/Eden, etc.

Furthermore, an assassin as you can probably see from world chat on any server, is the most requested in endgame squads, if you have good interval gear 3.33 - 5 (APS). I also started step by step, farming and mostly merching to reach the goal.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well it will certainly be cheaper to get your bm to 5 aps endgame than a sin to 5 aps endgame. But like the person before you will have more opportunities as a 5 aps sin for good squads than as a bm. Also soloing dungeons as a sin is much faster. As for your mention of the difference in phys def, well that is kind of a nonissue with a sins focused mind, I kill most FC and TT bosses before focused mind wears off and I rarely actually take much damage because of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    isnt a 5 aps bm with demon dragons loved in farming squads? oo
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    isnt a 5 aps bm with demon dragons loved in farming squads? oo

Yes, but they only need 1 bm for nirvana, 2 if you have a squad that isn't +10/+12, but usually just 1. But a sin can farm other instances, FC, TT, bhs, solo without any difficulty where as a bm must fight there way through the mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sin can match BM dps more cheaply with rank chest and claws. The only reason to make a BM is for HF and marrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hmm I agree with what have been said, however, beside the fact that bm's are cheaper to get good aps on, they can get anywhere easily and never be almost useless.
    For example, many ppl rarely ever want sins in delta while bms are really needed and BMs don't suck as much at TW than sins do :o.
    Btw, since the title of your thread is "best farmer for poor ppl" I'd say BM is the best option if you can't afford getting your sin straight to like 4 aps. Then this BM should be enough to farm for your sin, and then the sin can farm for your wiz/psy/seeker :D
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    LosTEscape - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If aps is your priority then.. sins can use claws to and with r8 chest -0.1 int you can get 5.0 aps faster then bm
    We will add r9 they said... it will be fun they said...
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If aps is your priority then.. sins can use claws to and with r8 chest -0.1 int you can get 5.0 aps faster then bm

Any R8 sin choosing to use claws is a damn fool.

As far as sin vs. bm for farming: True endgame sins are better farmers (stealth,BP, mad dps). For me the path getting there is alot more fun on a bm due to more variety in playstyle.

If you truly intend on doing alot of soloing go with sin, if you like to group consider a bm. Personally I think sin/bm combo is the best duo out there though, so which ever you make, find a friend that plays the other = )
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Any R8 sin choosing to use claws is a damn fool.

As far as sin vs. bm for farming: True endgame sins are better farmers (stealth,BP, mad dps). For me the path getting there is alot more fun on a bm due to more variety in playstyle.

If you truly intend on doing alot of soloing go with sin, if you like to group consider a bm. Personally I think sin/bm combo is the best duo out there though, so which ever you make, find a friend that plays the other = )

That's all good advice, especially the part about soloing vs. squad runs.

My 2 coins:

Find a friend, or friends to farm regularly with. Either of your farming builds you listed will have a hard time getting into fast nirvanas, seems people only want 5aps +10s (and given the abilities of many randomers I can't say I blame them, at least at 5aps +10 you can basically roll face on keys and profit). You can totally run nirvana with less aps/refines, but it helps a ton to have friends to squad with regualrly.

As far as stealthing to solo, there aren't many profitable instances that don't require a kill count. Besides an easier time with bh in the 90s, soloing Brim/Eden is a waste of time, the books and most of the molds that drop in there are basically worthless these days. You can get good books and molds from fb99s, but without pretty awesome gear those bosses will hand your fish his own tail. Sins make a great FC farmer, selling big room for about 1.5m (currently) every 45min or so is good coin.

The reasons I rolled a bm instead of a sin as my farmer: Money and fun. I just got my bm to 5aps and +10 claws during this 2x drops time (100% farmed ingame). For the coin I spent doing that, a sin would be 3.33 aps (sparked) and around +7 daggers, maybe. Sure, that 3.33/+7 sin would do similar or even better damage than my bm but I would be looking at spending about 400-500mil more to reach "endgame", where my bm is basically done at half the cost. I have more fun playing bm as well, I like doing instances like delta (I'm an aoe addict, yeah, hence the psychic main) and suiciding by HFing a cata barb is more satisfying to me somehow then stealth>headhunting clerics. I can solo anything on my bm that a sin with similar hp can, I do need to get bp from a sin though, sins can do ok without bm buff in most cases. I also already had a good bit of HA gear and axes and swords already from my old barb and seeker, so that was a consideration; someone with an archer or LA built wiz/veno/cleric would do better to roll a sin to share gear. I like having 25k pdef with phys marrow or 10k defense all around with magic marrow, but sins have more skills to help them stay alive.

;tldr, sorry, caffiene + keyboard + Irish genes = blahblahblah
    if you don't like it, don't read it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    damn happy i have visa so darn tired of this aps farmers or make claw useless in pk.
  • matgfs
    matgfs Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    That's all good advice, especially the part about soloing vs. squad runs.

My 2 coins:

Find a friend, or friends to farm regularly with. Either of your farming builds you listed will have a hard time getting into fast nirvanas, seems people only want 5aps +10s (and given the abilities of many randomers I can't say I blame them, at least at 5aps +10 you can basically roll face on keys and profit). You can totally run nirvana with less aps/refines, but it helps a ton to have friends to squad with regualrly.

As far as stealthing to solo, there aren't many profitable instances that don't require a kill count. Besides an easier time with bh in the 90s, soloing Brim/Eden is a waste of time, the books and most of the molds that drop in there are basically worthless these days. You can get good books and molds from fb99s, but without pretty awesome gear those bosses will hand your fish his own tail. Sins make a great FC farmer, selling big room for about 1.5m (currently) every 45min or so is good coin.

The reasons I rolled a bm instead of a sin as my farmer: Money and fun. I just got my bm to 5aps and +10 claws during this 2x drops time (100% farmed ingame). For the coin I spent doing that, a sin would be 3.33 aps (sparked) and around +7 daggers, maybe. Sure, that 3.33/+7 sin would do similar or even better damage than my bm but I would be looking at spending about 400-500mil more to reach "endgame", where my bm is basically done at half the cost. I have more fun playing bm as well, I like doing instances like delta (I'm an aoe addict, yeah, hence the psychic main) and suiciding by HFing a cata barb is more satisfying to me somehow then stealth>headhunting clerics. I can solo anything on my bm that a sin with similar hp can, I do need to get bp from a sin though, sins can do ok without bm buff in most cases. I also already had a good bit of HA gear and axes and swords already from my old barb and seeker, so that was a consideration; someone with an archer or LA built wiz/veno/cleric would do better to roll a sin to share gear. I like having 25k pdef with phys marrow or 10k defense all around with magic marrow, but sins have more skills to help them stay alive.

;tldr, sorry, caffiene + keyboard + Irish genes = blahblahblah
    if you don't like it, don't read it b:chuckle

Yeah, i like sins for dmg, but bms are really nice! They can use different weapons, aoe stun, and are cheaper. I think ill roll an bm and get it 5.0 ^^, to me bm's more fun than assassin cause on sins u just stealth,kill,stealth kill. And im aoe addict like ya =Db:victory
    And i can just get my bp lvl 10 and buff my bm all timeb:victory
  • MeikoVll - Heavens Tear
    MeikoVll - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If your poor, I think BM is best choice. I got both and I am still suffering building my sin.
    These are some of the reasons I recommended BM for you.

They get APS alot quicker
    Their Damage is OK
    They are wanted of course (like sins)
    Deicides are almost free these days
    They have decent Def/HP (Even though sin will tank but they need to refine to keep alive when tanking)
    And with around 150mil you can more or less build at least a 4APS BM {Pangu and nirvy legs not included}
    Sin to make even 3.33 APS will cost roughly 360 mil (more or less {Pan gu and Nirvy dagger not included})
    Sorry if my numbers are not exact. But this is about how much I paid for my 4APS BM and 3.33 APS Sin ><

I hope this helps a bit.
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If your poor, I think BM is best choice. I got both and I am still suffering building my sin.
    These are some of the reasons I recommended BM for you.

They get APS alot quicker
    Their Damage is OK
    They are wanted of course (like sins)
    Deicides are almost free these days
    They have decent Def/HP (Even though sin will tank but they need to refine to keep alive when tanking)
    And with around 150mil you can more or less build at least a 4APS BM {Pangu and nirvy legs not included}
    Sin to make even 3.33 APS will cost roughly 360 mil (more or less {Pan gu and Nirvy dagger not included})
    Sorry if my numbers are not exact. But this is about how much I paid for my 4APS BM and 3.33 APS Sin ><

I hope this helps a bit.
    For a poor person 30mill for decades is alot.
    "About post in 1st page" Sins who solo bosses with claws are not fools, i know low aps (with daggers) sins who does just that and they are doing that better with claws.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I read through some replies, and it appears that people don't seem to understand the question being addressed...it's not just about the best 5 aps char, it's the best 5 aps char to obtain for the "poor farmer."

In this case, it would have to be a claw sin, NOT A BM. By getting rank 4 for really cheap, sins can have 0.05 interval on their chest plate, which a bm can't! By getting rank 8, sin has a interval chest with 0.10. A bm can't get interval as cheaply as a sin can. For a poor farmer, it's about getting interval for cheap to build the cheapest 5 aps char. After bulding up some wealth with a 5 aps claw sin, that person can then restat and change to either a 4/5 aps sin with daggers.

Which is more efficient? A HA claw sin is more efficient. It can match the damage of another class with he same aps, good physical defense for tanking, self pb, and STEALTH! Stealth makes farming instances faster, such as TTs/lunar/card bosses/farming fb99 instances for books and drops. If all 5 aps chars were given the same amount of time to farm a certain instance, a sin will be able to do much more runs and make more profits.
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I read through some replies, and it appears that people don't seem to understand the question being addressed...it's not just about the best 5 aps char, it's the best 5 aps char to obtain for the "poor farmer."

In this case, it would have to be a claw sin, NOT A BM. By getting rank 4 for really cheap, sins can have 0.05 interval on their chest plate, which a bm can't! By getting rank 8, sin has a interval chest with 0.10. A bm can't get interval as cheaply as a sin can. For a poor farmer, it's about getting interval for cheap to build the cheapest 5 aps char. After bulding up some wealth with a 5 aps claw sin, that person can then restat and change to either a 4/5 aps sin with daggers.

Which is more efficient? A HA claw sin is more efficient. It can match the damage of another class with he same aps, good physical defense for tanking, self pb, and STEALTH! Stealth makes farming instances faster, such as TTs/lunar/card bosses/farming fb99 instances for books and drops. If all 5 aps chars were given the same amount of time to farm a certain instance, a sin will be able to do much more runs and make more profits.
    I approve this message.
    The question has been answered!!!
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

A claw using sin can be a decent farmer.

A few thing to consider when going that route are:

Rank 8 is more expensive than nirvana pants at current prices, the rank 4 chest isn't worth mentioning as any attempt to tank anything profitable in it will result in your swift death.

A claw using sin will NOT have the same dps as a bm unless the bm has not leveled fist mastery and the sin is full str build. If you're cool with only being able to equip level 5x daggers at lvl 100, go full str sin.

Using the rank armor chest makes you not HA build, the chest is by far the biggest single factor in your defense. Full HA build you will need the exact same gear as a bm to reach the same attack rate.

You will not be able to use skills while attacking without switching weapons. Sure, bms switch weapons a lot too, but many skills are available with any weapon.

Heals from bp are related to your damage output. A sin with 146 str and no weapon mastery bonus will not heal as much as a bm with around 400 str and 75% weapon damage from mastery. Your damage will largely come from your higher crit rate, but if you get a few seconds without many crits it's gonna hurt.

A claw sin will be like a claw archer. Good dps for sure, but claiming they are the same as a fist bm is not accurate.

TT and Lunar have kill counts, lessening the importance of stealth (unless you mean solo modes, but those aren't gonna make you any real coin). Nirvana has no mobs at all. Running fb99 for books isn't a reliable income either, even during 2x not many drop, and chances are as good to get one worth almost nothing as anything decent.

The best claw sins I know are alts of barbs and bms, sharing the HA gear and claws because they already had it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Haven't seen a claw sin in a long time for good reason. Can't believe this fail build is even being brought up now.

As someone already mentioned: the stealth is the main appeal of Assassins.

Want a cheap farmer? - Mystic!

*Working up to 100: They can solo most things cheaper and before other classes.
    *Only class that can revive itself, and provides decent MP/HP on revive.
    *Main AoE silences / freezes targets making aoe grinding simple.
    *Falling Petals! - heal while dd'ing.
    *One of if not the cheapest for 92/99 skill sets: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/24303
    *All skills are useful so no duds when making randoms
    *Mystic Summons Storm Mistress can range tank, DD like a legendary veno pet in land/air/water, out DD 9x sins at 9x on [?] mobs/bosses and includes an AoE.
    *take the roll of healer, lurer, tank, dd, debuffer and perform on par.

Assassins are only OP once a fortune is spent on them. Mystics are OP throughout.
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    Haven't seen a claw sin in a long time for good reason. Can't believe this fail build is even being brought up now.

As someone already mentioned: the stealth is the main appeal of Assassins.

Want a cheap farmer? - Mystic!

*Working up to 100: They can solo most things cheaper and before other classes.
    *Only class that can revive itself, and provides decent MP/HP on revive.
    *Main AoE silences / freezes targets making aoe grinding simple.
    *Falling Petals! - heal while dd'ing.
    *One of if not the cheapest for 92/99 skill sets: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/24303
    *All skills are useful so no duds when making randoms
    *Mystic Summons Storm Mistress can range tank, DD like a legendary veno pet in land/air/water, out DD 9x sins at 9x on [?] mobs/bosses and includes an AoE.
    *take the roll of healer, lurer, tank, dd, debuffer and perform on par.

Assassins are only OP once a fortune is spent on them. Mystics are OP throughout.
    I lol'd at this.
    You can say that some build is fail but can you mention why?
    Do you think that claw sin cant stealth? They can just by changing there weapon to lvl5 dagger. Same think with claw barb... They still can use axes u silly.
    And really you question the sins farming capability with a mystic...
    only thing... they can rez them selves.. so you intend to die? I prefer veno with herc.
  • didi
    didi Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    matgfs wrote: »
    Hello!

So i want to know what's better for aps, Bm or sin?

I know that bm's really cheaper than sin, but i know that sins deals lots of dmgb:victory

So, im not that rich, so the best gear i can afford for sin atm is that(no sparked, with spark i get 2.86)>http://pwcalc.com/c5670ac6ddbaf8d8

But on a Bm, i can afford that atm(this is dem sparked) >http://pwcalc.com/cb6e2151bb35cc63

Sin out DD bms, but bm's got 5k more pdef, 1.3k+ hp and sins got 2x more crit than bms *-*

So, do u think i can farm better with the sin(2.86 sparked) or the bm(4.0 aps sparked)? Ill farm lots(for long time) and with sin ill farm till this>http://pwcalc.com/b7d95f0650962223
    and with bm ill farm till this>http://pwcalc.com/05c5dc51f8c95f20

and when i get the end-game ill farm to roll another class like wizzy/psy/seeker ^^

So i need your opinion for what's better cause im not rich.

PS: i already got an 84 sin with 30k rep, but lvl 1 bmb:surrender, so lvling all again is a bit boring *-*, but np ^^

Tyb:victory and sorry for long post and english mistakes b:shocked

Bm seems easier for me. You could try making both and make alot more coins. They both have advantages and disadvantages depending on what aps u are. The start in getting the tt99 gears and the deicide was the hardest for me. After that, it was easy to get nirvana runs from there on, and farm for canny and raps.

In my case i had a sin so i decided to use the sin for nirvana, but alot of squade turn down my 2.86 aps r8 +5 sin. Luckily, i had a bm lvl to 100 just before the 2x, the one before this one. Since my sin couldn't get enough runs, i decided to work on my bm. With luck i was able to afford a +5 deicide which made my bm 4aps.

With my 4aps bm, i was able to get alot more nirvana runs then the sin so i decided to save my sin's key and not use it till sin was 3.3aps. With the 4aps bm, i farm 250 canny. At this point, i had to decide whether to make a -0.5 int nirvana heavy or light pants. I decided to make a light pant for the sin which the bm could also use.

However, to my suprise, alot of squade still turned down my 3.3 aps sin. The pants wasn't a wast as the bm can use the light nirvana pant which increase the bm's aps to 5. With a 5aps bm, the contribution to squade is significantly increase from 4 to 5 aps, which makes the run go much quicker. A quick run, made the squade members happier, more willing to do multi run, and imo prevent alot of people from stealing canny.

However, imo, the diffence between a good 5aps bm and a bad one makes a big difference. How fast a run is depends alot on how good the genie is and how well the bm times the hf. Being good with your hf timing is still not good enough if the other 2bm is bad at it so u still have to know how to time it with them. This can be very hard sometime which is why i prefer to do nirvana with a sin especially with slow squade. I could do alot more runs before i got tired with a sin.

Anyway, with the 5aps bm, i farmed most of the 100 raps for the sin just before the 2x was over, and my sin then became 5aps. It can still be hard to keep the sin alive sometime even with a 5aps sin with +5 but i still find it easier to play sin compared to a bm.

On the other hand, from my experience, i think its alot easier and cheaper if i had just concentrated on my bm. To make alot of coins with with a bm, u only need to farm 250 canny for the nirvana heavy pants, buy a +10 deicide which i've seen for 110m 3 or 4 times, buy a demon hf if u are lucky enough to find one for 80m. Not sure what people are asking for now for the demon hf.

From what i've seen, its easier to farm or make coins with a bm at the start, but its harder to play a bm, compared to a sin especially at the beginning. A 5 aps sin does alot more damage then a bm, therefore are wanted more. However, with a +10 deicide and demon hf and 5aps, it gets much easier for a bm in a 3men or 4 men squade.
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i've been on this subject for the last week or so, and have thought much on it so i'll throw my 2 cents in. i say BM *wall of text for my reasons why*

claw sin - cheap and high aps

pro's - easy to get 4.0+ *really the main issue with aps*, can use HA. even if you -.05 chest you can still build up pretty easily, and during current sale under 20m gets you the 90 version *if you got 0 rep* or go with the 60. +3-5 belt/ammulet of earth, or higher gets you good pdef if the rest of your gear is HA. so decent defence and stealth + paint

cons - defence isn't close to bm's *slightly offset by focused mind* few AoE's, only stuns take spark

hint: though claw sins dmg with claws is actually lower then bm, people forget something key and something simple, 4.0 is what matters once you start tanking bosses. 2.86 bm or 3.33 sin 3.33 bm or 4.0 sin, 4.0 bm or 5.0 sin, the aps for more chi to perma spark at 4.0 sin gets easier, and 5.0 is 25% dmg more then 4.0 so that makes a difference too, don't just factor in the dmg alone, factor in the aps and chi generation as well.

dagger sin - blarg

pro's - 2.86 or 3.33 is perma sparked with tackling slash and/or RDS. similar to claw sin in farm for similar price, but able to upgrade higher *claw sin hits 4.0/5.0 easy so their dps is about the same at this point*, just like claw sin stealth + focused mind. and the oh so loved rib strike can be spammed without having to switch weapons to do it.

cons - unlike claw sin your gear isn't over 1/2 HA so a bit squishier, same with compared to bm.

fist/axe bm - 3/2 build

pro's - can AoE down fcc groups quickly *selling fcc's* able to AoE grind OVS/delta and mobs in whatever instance their solo/clearing. aps is cheaper then dagger sin, but dps is probably higher then claw sin, if but barely. *look at the "HINT" part under claw sin for this*. Higher defenses for certain, whether physical or magical. can solo in far less gear refines then sin takes. HF works in any squad regardless *though sometimes only 1bm, but 2 HF"s one following the other with 5-6 demon sparks is epic*

cons - no stealth, lower end game damage then dagger sin, half to log alt sin to paint *or ask friend/faction/WC for sage/demon paint* pretty easy to get

so ya bm has 2 cons, lol that can easily be overcome WITHOUT spending alot of cash

ESSENTIALLY i say BM, it's cheaper. you can DESTROY fcc and sell it with relative ease. the gear it takes to start soloing is FAR lower *my bm is 2.86 5.1k hp and can solo fcc without fail when i prebuff BP. AND if your really concerned about running around from boss to boss. you can always bodhi/sprint/path from one to the other popping a few jiaozi's, and then just loose the agro of the mobs lol. and kill the few in the room. or like mein FCC pull full phys groups and 2-3 when on magical, 3 spark, kill most in AoE and pull out deicide's for chi build for the next 2-3.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    For a poor person 30mill for decades is alot.
    "About post in 1st page" Sins who solo bosses with claws are not fools, i know low aps (with daggers) sins who does just that and they are doing that better with claws.

Deicide:
    Str required 146

And that claw sin having comparable dmg to a BM doesn't have claw mastery, HF, stuns, effective aoes, glacial spike, etc. It would also make it on blacklists of players to not squad with simply for being fail.

For the same cost; mystic will be soloing more sooner and cheaper. maybe not as fast 1-1, but claw sin isn't as fast as dagger sin. It may take 15m to clear to and kill a card boss with a veno, but they also get decent drops and xp for doing it and can aoe better. I imagine a Mystic could do this as well. A poorer 5.0 +10 sin will struggle with and probably need buffs for a [?] boss that a Level 85 mystic can solo, and in the 9x FF will out DD Assassins if they know what they're doing. A mystic will be very useful in either Nirvana, fills a key role in FF and has *I think* the cheapest sets of skills. Pretty sure they can farm VoS better as well.

We are talking about a poor person's farming toon here, and I know Assassins are a pain to level take a huge investment before getting decent returns, and you'll be stuck with a great weapon you can't use for any other class. I've no experience with BMs to say, but Assassins are for the already wealthy.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Barring expensive refines on weapons, both classes can help you farm. If you want to farm vana, better to be a 4aps bm than a 2.86 aps sin, as people often refuse simply because you don't reach the magic number, even though you dd better.

If you are going to farm tt, no clue, i farm it with friends, so it all works out. If you will solo squad mode, test it out and see. Might need to refine the gear for both characters.

I haven't tried farming fcc, so can't say if either build will help. I know for sure the bm will take a long a time to clear the instance.

TM runs, neither character can do it in current or future state alone. Try with a partner and see.

If dq farming, depending on mob, lvl, you can see what you want.

If herb farming, either class is pro, because you can aoe farm herbs with +10 pickaxe, i believe the radius is +10 meters.

Merchanting only requires a lvl 1 character :).

Out of all the above classes, suggestions, i prefer the merchanting toon. Always fun to see and be amazed, ooh made 100m today.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    oooh and i made 300 gold b:laugh

keep farming me and my r9 cash shoped gear is taking a cofee chatting with friends
    as you are farming 24/7.

i so enjoy my visa over intervalb:laugh
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Best for poor people? U are kidding me. Uninstall the game is my suggestion to you because this game is not for poor people, trust me. If u want to make high lvl and play, have fun, start and take you credit card and make those cheesiness rich. There is no cheap character in this game and U won't make money just farm to cover pots, gear, repair and exp stones. After play for some time u will see I am so right.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Deicide:
    Str required 146

And that claw sin having comparable dmg to a BM doesn't have claw mastery, HF, stuns, effective aoes, glacial spike, etc. It would also make it on blacklists of players to not squad with simply for being fail.

Sins, have higher crits and wolf emblem to make up for a BM's fist mastery. Sin's also have subsea strike (aoe might I add) which debuffs for more than extreme poison. Since when did stuns ever worked on bosses? We're talking about a cheap farming char here. All the skills that you mentioned for a bm does not tip the scale in favor of a bm being the better choice as a "cheap farmer char." If we are going to talk about skills, a sin would still be superior with better skills suited for farming and has more survivability for solo-ing instances.

A sin can stealth through Lunar Glad Trophy Mode and go straight to the bosses and farm high grade Lunar mats for 12 mirages. A bm won't make it past 100m in that instance.

What's most important and should come first in a farm char? 5 aps? Amp skills? Damage? Efficiency? Cheapest and fastest to make/lvl ?

I'll wait for you to reply :)
    Deicide:

For the same cost; mystic will be soloing more sooner and cheaper. maybe not as fast 1-1, but claw sin isn't as fast as dagger sin. It may take 15m to clear to and kill a card boss with a veno, but they also get decent drops and xp for doing it and can aoe better. I imagine a Mystic could do this as well. A poorer 5.0 +10 sin will struggle with and probably need buffs for a [?] boss that a Level 85 mystic can solo, and in the 9x FF will out DD Assassins if they know what they're doing. A mystic will be very useful in either Nirvana, fills a key role in FF and has *I think* the cheapest sets of skills. Pretty sure they can farm VoS better as well.

We are talking about a poor person's farming toon here, and I know Assassins are a pain to level take a huge investment before getting decent returns, and you'll be stuck with a great weapon you can't use for any other class. I've no experience with BMs to say, but Assassins are for the already wealthy.

By the way, I am a Demon HA 5 aps archer - does more damage and hold aggro better when perma sparking than a 5aps bm or another 5 aps archer with the same gear/weapon. The only difference between me and a HA 5 aps sin is that they can stealth through instances and have bp+ better survival skills for soloing bosses. You say a veno can solo a card boss in 15 min, I can do it in 2-3 min average with lots of hp foods and charm ticks/defense charms and only 5 min or so clearing up to the boss (a claw sin would just skip mobs and needs no hp/def charm). Any class can farm VoS mobs. A 5 aps farmer is a better investment than a caster (talking about cheap farming char here).

You do realize the first person to lvl to 105 was a sin right? And that the only differences between a 5aps with fists and claws compared to daggers is damage.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    By the way, I am a Demon HA 5 aps archer

Lies.

You have 2 of everything. You can't be 'just one thing'. QQ
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This thread shows how many noobs play the game
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    SINS ARE NOT EXPENSIVE,lol i worried about the gears for my archer,barb and my bm time after time after time,and my archer lead the way of me making my sin THUS made it cheaper,and i use the same gear on all my toons THUS MAKING IT CHEAPER FOR ALL,only things i had to worry bout on my sin was skill upgrades and weapon.All it is now is refine refine and refine cause now i have what i want.

But really all toons cost the same endgame b:bye
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.