Its getting Out of Hand

Options

Comments

• stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I Blame everyone but me b:laugh

GM's can do something about Gold Pricess its called a : in game cap. This means you can't sell gold for more than say 2mil, pricess will still go up and down but max you can get is 2mil.

You as a player can help bring the pricess down buy protesting, you will get a lot of hate, I've done it before. Eg: Me in West Arch, "Gold Pricess are to high, Stop Buying Gold Everyone! Bring Pricess Down! Then the 5 PM's I get after, "Shut Up I'm Trying To Make Money Buying And Selling Gold! Do you think that stops me or puts more fuel on the fire?

(Blacklist)

If your wondering.. yes I have no life, only 3 jobs, 2 kids, A Car, & a Nice House not much of a life but i still find the time to Protest lol. Evil smiles.

The last time i protested others did join me and pricess dropped about 200k only but it was something.

I think that making a instance for Orbs as a drop would help to... but they know this dont they... oh no 3 black unmarked cars just pulled up infront of my house time to burn the hard drive and Holy Path!
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Were you not here during the Duke Rose fiasco when gold rose to the 1mil cap on all servers? b:sweat

lol, it was 1 mil? pretty sure it was 10mil per gold at that time. Maybe not, idk b:cry it was a long time ago. When they put the stupid hammer and box in the game, all gloves came off.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol, it was 1 mil? pretty sure it was 10mil per gold at that time. Maybe not, idk b:cry it was a long time ago. When they put the stupid hammer and box in the game, all gloves came off.

*patpat*

Yeah. The instant they did that, nobody could argue that PWI doesn't have control of gold prices at least in part.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Reducing prices of high price items. Dragon Orbs for example. If PWI put +12 orbs in for $10, you're saying the value of gold wouldn't change? If it does change, who is directly responsible, the consumer?

As I have said multiple times it is well within the rights of the company to set the minimum value of various items. It is however the players who determine the maximum value of said item.

Take Mirage Celestones for example. They will always be at least worth 10,000 coins due to the fact that they can always be sold to an NPC for 10k coins. However it is players who determine what the Mirage Celestones are actually worth, despite what Perfect World Entertainment may or may not do to increase or decrease the value of said items.
    It is PWE who is responsible for managing their game economy. It would be irresponsible of them NOT to. High gold prices benefits PWE. It influences people to charge money instead of farming or merchanting.

Since when is the company that makes the game responsible for managing what the players do with the in game currency? I have played many different MMORPG's over the years and not once have I seen the company intervene and say "NO, you cannot sell this item for 1,000,000,000 of the in game currency" or what have you. It just isn't done.
    If you don't think PWE has any control over the economy, you're sadly mistaken. I'm sure there is a whole department in China that specifically monitors it. It's essential to the life of the game.

While they may have a department dedicated to monitoring it for the purpose of preventing fraud or some such, I doubt that said department is specifically charged with influencing the in game economy on the level that you are determined to believe that it is capable of.
    Edit: And imagine this... if the US Government decided to start selling an unlimited amount of 3 bedroom houses for $50,000 and an unlimited amount of brand new cars for $1000, what do you think that would do to the economy? Who ultimately would be responsible for killing the vehicle and housing markets, the consumer or the government? By your remarks, it would all be the consumer's fault.

Huh? How is this even a comparison?
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So you are saying the sales have nothing to do with gold prices, and players just "felt like" buying gold at 1.9 mil each because it's the holidays?

Like I said, by changing what an unit of gold can buy, you change the worth of old. Each pack have always been around 400k. Or did you think it was coincidence that when packs were 1 gold each, gold price was at around 400k, then jumped up to 800k for a long time during 50 silver packs sale and now is 1.9 mil with 22 silver packs? Do the math.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    There's some smart comments, and i can't believe some people can be so stupid to think that it's mostly the players fault for the high gold price.

I'll give a very simple example of what PWI does sorta with packs and rep sales etc.

Mirages can be sold to npc's for 10k, So let's say one day you can buy a pack with 500 mirages in the auction house for 2 gold. What's that gonna do with the gold price?
    Doh, it will go up to 2.5m of course. So what happens if you suddenly lower the price of that same mirage pack to 1 gold... nuuu gold price goes up to 5m omgosh how is that possible b:shocked

Hope it's a good example that can be well understood. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    There's some smart comments, and i can't believe some people can be so stupid to think that it's mostly the players fault for the high gold price.

I'll give a very simple example of what PWI does sorta with packs and rep sales etc.

Mirages can be sold to npc's for 10k, So let's say one day you can buy a pack with 500 mirages in the auction house for 2 gold. What's that gonna do with the gold price?
    Doh, it will go up to 2.5m of course. So what happens if you suddenly lower the price of that same mirage pack to 1 gold... nuuu gold price goes up to 5m omgosh how is that possible b:shocked

Hope it's a good example that can be well understood. b:surrender

First off Gold Prices cannot go up to 5 million coins for the very simple reason that there is currently a hard cap of 4,000,000 coins per individual piece of Gold sold on the Auction House. That means that the maximum value that Gold can have is 4 million coins. At least as far as the in game limiter known as the Auction House is concerned. This of course assumes that the limit on Gold to Coins set by the Auction House does not have it's cap raised again.

The other half of your assumption is also false. Mirages have next to no influence on the prices of Gold due to the fact that you really cannot sell them for much higher than 10,000 coins a piece due to the fact that they are A.) Horribly easy to get, even for non-Cash Shoppers. And B.) because they have an inherent value of 10,000 coins already built into them.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »

Anyway, this topic has been discussed over and over again, with no conclusion made other than the fact that players control the economy, and choose to sell gold at high prices to make money for themselves.

Actually, the math is fairly simple. I can only conclude that people are either delusional, moronic, or arbitrarily choose to ignore what is plainly before their very eyes. Sales drive gold price. Period.
    Because having watched the market in times current, and what the PLAYERS do, they tend to jack up prices a lot...

And why do you think that is? They are responding to the value of the commodity.
    gyroki wrote: »
    6th: merchants keep prices up/ control some parts of market

No. It's easy to point the finger at merchants, but they also only react to the prices. They do not control them because there are far too many merchants for that to ever work.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Look, its not like Perfect World Entertainment is the same company as Sony Entertainment and dictates the price that the Merchants in the game sell the products in the game so heavily that they have to sell their new products at a specific price regardless of whether it makes them any profit whatsoever.

I mean have you ever wondered why it is that regardless of whether you go to Best Buy, Target, Game Stop, or any other Store, the price for a brand new Sony Playstation 3 is almost always going to be within a few dollars identical to every other store? It's because these companies are under contract to sell at a specific price that is dictated by the company that makes the gaming system.

All Perfect World Entertainment is doing is creating what amounts to a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. This does not dictate what the Actual Retail Price for a given item happens to be. A MSRP can be say 30 dollars, and the actual price at which the item sells can be as high as 130 dollars. I have actually seen a difference between MSRP and Actual Retail Price of roughly that big a gap occur in another game. So no, while I will agree that Perfect World Entertainment may influence prices, they do not Dictate those prices.
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The other half of your assumption is also false. Mirages have next to no influence on the prices of Gold due to the fact that you really cannot sell them for much higher than 10,000 coins a piece due to the fact that they are A.) Horribly easy to get, even for non-Cash Shoppers. And B.) because they have an inherent value of 10,000 coins already built into them.

Do you not know how to read or know 3rd grade math? No one sad anything about mirage being higher than 10k. But if you can get 500 mirages for 1 gold in boutique, you can bet your *** that gold will be at 5 mil, assume there isn't a cap, because any gold cheaper than 5 mill will be bought and turned to 500 mirage to NPC for 5 mil, making instant profit. If you put 1000 mirage for sale for 1 gold, gold will be at least 10 mil. Or is it "players' fault" that they bought all the 4 mil gold because you can get 5 mil worth of stuff with gold?
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    its 4 mill

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy76/Perigrine85/2011-12-1720-06-40.jpg

How many times do I have to post this ssb:sad

Quoting myself here

JUST LOOK AT THE DAMN SS SHEESH!!!

Thats half the argument right thereb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Do you not know how to read or know 3rd grade math? No one sad anything about mirage being higher than 10k. But if you can get 500 mirages for 1 gold in boutique, you can bet your *** that gold will be at 5 mil, assume there isn't a cap, because any gold cheaper than 5 mill will be bought and turned to 500 mirage to NPC for 5 mil, making instant profit. If you put 1000 mirage for sale for 1 gold, gold will be at least 10 mil. Or is it "players' fault" that they bought all the 4 mil gold because you can get 5 mil worth of stuff with gold?

You hit the nail on the head with why packs and the crafting items (and a couple other things) in the boutique are bad for the game. Good show.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hey Nub, please send pm me this screen shot you're referring to.

And just to make it clear, our GM's do not buy and sell gold via the auctioneer.
    if their name wasnt Nub- then this quote would be too funny :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    and who benefit most of all the classes in this game.

let talk interval ppl we all knew sin benefit the most in what you call f2p market.

if you wish it to be fair make all classes get same benefit in farming that in this case interval players do.

i do not care how you do it but untill i see my vit barb build get to farm and make mone ysame way as sin does i will sell gold and be greedy about it.

why you say cos i am not gona make a fish to make money.i love my barb but there no way i can get even 0.1% of what a interval 5aps fish can even if gear up with same cash as a 5aps fish.

you want gold prices low make so all classes can farm equally and i am sure more ppl will go back on there old toons and enjoy it and gold i am sure would go down somehwat.

i laught every time f2p qq about gold prices when they can farm and earn biljion when my barb have to leach cos of class inbalance nobady talk about.

at least i would spend much less and i would sell for a resonable price but untill the players stop being greedy with there 5min run my class is a buff **** why should i feel sorry for any of you.

VIVA CASHSHOP VIVA ORIGINALITY OF CLASSES.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    and who benefit most of all the classes in this game.

let talk interval ppl we all knew sin benefit the most in what you call f2p market.

if you wish it to be fair make all classes get same benefit in farming that in this case interval players do.

i do not care how you do it but untill i see my vit barb build get to farm and make mone ysame way as sin does i will sell gold and be greedy about it.

why you say cos i am not gona make a fish to make money.i love my barb but there no way i can get even 0.1% of what a interval 5aps fish can even if gear up with same cash as a 5aps fish.

you want gold prices low make so all classes can farm equally and i am sure more ppl will go back on there old toons and enjoy it and gold i am sure would go down somehwat.

i laught every time f2p qq about gold prices when they can farm and earn biljion when my barb have to leach cos of class inbalance nobady talk about.

at least i would spend much less and i would sell for a resonable price but untill the players stop being greedy with there 5min run my class is a buff **** why should i feel sorry for any of you.

VIVA CASHSHOP VIVA ORIGINALITY OF CLASSES.

All F2P players = Assassins, BMs and Venos who are great farming classes

All P2P players = Classes that can't farm

lolwut

Class imbalance isn't just a P2P vs F2P thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    As I have said multiple times it is well within the rights of the company to set the minimum value of various items. It is however the players who determine the maximum value of said item.

You're highly confused. Where have I said anything about the maximum value of any particular item? I was using dragon orbs as an example of how PWE pricing a cash shop item can affect the economy, e.g. the value of coin, the value of any item in relation to the money spent for that item prior to such sales. That also includes spending confidence, perceived value and loss on prior investments.
    Take Mirage Celestones for example. They will always be at least worth 10,000 coins due to the fact that they can always be sold to an NPC for 10k coins. However it is players who determine what the Mirage Celestones are actually worth, despite what Perfect World Entertainment may or may not do to increase or decrease the value of said items.

Mirage sales being one of the specific items I used to merchant, their prices have also been influenced by PWE changes more than what players are willing to pay. Demand and availability are what determines prices.

edit: I'll even explain one of the ways PWI influenced mirage prices. When the culti-switch was first announced, I bought up every mirage by the elder. I think I had somewhere on the line of 4000 mirages I paid about 17k for and 3-4000 mirages I paid 12-14k for. I sold more than half of them for 30k before other sellers came back. Anytime I found them for less than 15k, I purchased them and then put them back up at about 22k on another cat shop. That sold out so I placed all the mirages I purchased for 17kish and put them back up for 14 or 15k. Then more competition came in, I slowly pushed my underpriced my mirages down to 12k. I probably sold 5k mirages at a 5k loss, but that was after I sold probably 8k mirages for 15k-20k profit. I don't remember how much money I made after mirage prices stabilized because almost nobody changed their culti when the item was actually received, but the perception that so many people would need 100 mirages each drove up the perceived value and perceived demand, and I banked off it and the next orb sale I unloaded the stack of mirages I overpaid for for a slight profit. Too bad I deleted my spreadsheet.

While it's true that I manipulated prices on a number of occasions, PWE adding the culti change, as well as when they removed mirages from TW pay, or any time there was an orb sale did far more for my mirage profits than anything the player base alone could do.

That's just one example of how PWE passively influences the economy, in this instance it's just mirages. Sometimes it's inconsequential, sometimes it done on purpose. There are dozens more examples I'm sure you can find...

This is also a good example how someone can purposely alter the prices with price manipulation. I think I made about 45m in a week of mirage sales with two stalls I barely had to maintain.

Since when is the company that makes the game responsible for managing what the players do with the in game currency? I have played many different MMORPG's over the years and not once have I seen the company intervene and say "NO, you cannot sell this item for 1,000,000,000 of the in game currency" or what have you. It just isn't done.

Ok, my bonehead alert just signaled. Seriously, do I really need to go over the reasons why gold has inflated so much? Chest of coins? Packs? Rank sales, etc?

Don't be stupid. PWE has purposely driven up the value of gold and deflated the value of coin. Purposely, as any fool can plainly see. Well, except you.

While they may have a department dedicated to monitoring it for the purpose of preventing fraud or some such, I doubt that said department is specifically charged with influencing the in game economy on the level that you are determined to believe that it is capable of.

PWE is a multinational corporation with over 4000 employees. While you may not believe that nobody is responsible for influencing the economy, that assumption is naive. Keeping an economy under control is a requirement to maintain profitability. To think they don't care or don't do anything... wow.

Our real economy is controlled by the interest rates at which banks loan money. Small changes to this interest rate can affect our whole economy. I suggest you do some light reading.

Huh? How is this even a comparison?

Swoosh is the sound of your understanding flushing down the toilet.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PWE is a multinational corporation with over 4000 employees. While you may not believe that nobody is responsible for influencing the economy, that assumption is naive. Keeping an economy under control is a requirement to maintain profitability. To think they don't care or don't do anything... wow. ...

Since PWE has monopoly on gold trade and especially on bought using gold items, then yes, PWE is responsible for influence on economy of PWI.
    Example:

All of us know, that not long ago to level up crafting skills player should do proper quests.

Now player can level up same skills using gold.
    Those, who used 2* quest items to get profit (in coins) lost some part of it.

Players at their own level control prices of gold.

Those who have better profit (more flexible to unstable market of PWI) can buy more gold.

They even can buy all existing gold at server to raise price.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You're highly confused. Where have I said anything about the maximum value of any particular item? I was using dragon orbs as an example of how PWE pricing a cash shop item can affect the economy, e.g. the value of coin, the value of any item in relation to the money spent for that item prior to such sales. That also includes spending confidence, perceived value and loss on prior investments.

Mirage sales being one of the specific items I used to merchant, their prices have also been influenced by PWE changes more than what players are willing to pay. Demand and availability are what determines prices.

edit: I'll even explain one of the ways PWI influenced mirage prices. When the culti-switch was first announced, I bought up every mirage by the elder. I think I had somewhere on the line of 4000 mirages I paid about 17k for and 3-4000 mirages I paid 12-14k for. I sold more than half of them for 30k before other sellers came back. Anytime I found them for less than 15k, I purchased them and then put them back up at about 22k on another cat shop. That sold out so I placed all the mirages I purchased for 17kish and put them back up for 14 or 15k. Then more competition came in, I slowly pushed my underpriced my mirages down to 12k. I probably sold 5k mirages at a 5k loss, but that was after I sold probably 8k mirages for 15k-20k profit. I don't remember how much money I made after mirage prices stabilized because almost nobody changed their culti when the item was actually received, but the perception that so many people would need 100 mirages each drove up the perceived value and perceived demand, and I banked off it and the next orb sale I unloaded the stack of mirages I overpaid for for a slight profit. Too bad I deleted my spreadsheet.

While it's true that I manipulated prices on a number of occasions, PWE adding the culti change, as well as when they removed mirages from TW pay, or any time there was an orb sale did far more for my mirage profits than anything the player base alone could do.

That's just one example of how PWE passively influences the economy, in this instance it's just mirages. Sometimes it's inconsequential, sometimes it done on purpose. There are dozens more examples I'm sure you can find...

This is also a good example how someone can purposely alter the prices with price manipulation. I think I made about 45m in a week of mirage sales with two stalls I barely had to maintain.

Ok, my bonehead alert just signaled. Seriously, do I really need to go over the reasons why gold has inflated so much? Chest of coins? Packs? Rank sales, etc?

Don't be stupid. PWE has purposely driven up the value of gold and deflated the value of coin. Purposely, as any fool can plainly see. Well, except you.

PWE is a multinational corporation with over 4000 employees. While you may not believe that nobody is responsible for influencing the economy, that assumption is naive. Keeping an economy under control is a requirement to maintain profitability. To think they don't care or don't do anything... wow.

Our real economy is controlled by the interest rates at which banks loan money. Small changes to this interest rate can affect our whole economy. I suggest you do some light reading.

Swoosh is the sound of your understanding flushing down the toilet.

b:bye

Dude...tl;dr...seriously......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options

lolwut

it sure feel it for me or can you think a pure non aps archer can do same thing a aps sin can.

no mater how you look at it the only farming classes are aps and all have to make preferable sin to make money to be a f2p.

i hate the fact my barb cant even we anywhere close even if the coin is same but build is not aps and for this very fact i dont give a damn about f2p anymore if i cant play my class as i want to without loosing.

i no longer feel sorry for the comunity f2p as so many have socumbed to this 5min run solo everything and spit at balance of the classes.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Isn't it all simple market economics? PWI controls the supply side. I mean packs were in the boutique with the 10 million big note long before Gold hit steady 1 mil. It was perma 1 mil after the rank sales, IIRC.

High Prices
    High Supply+ High Demand
    Low Supply+High Demand

Low Prices
    Low Supply+Low Demand
    High Supply+Low Demand

Basically if there is something people want to buy a lot, or if it's rare, then the price is going to be high. If a seller has way too much supply, or if there is generally low demand it's going to be cheap. The reason the price is so high is because of high player demand. PWI needs to have sales to make money, it's only natural for it to want to make much money as possible by selling the items people want to buy. Players want to get good gear, it's only natural for them to buy up power obtaining items to get in squad. Both sides are acting rationally, it's just kind of a tragedy of the commons thing going on here.

The only thing I can think of is raise the prices of sale prices to decrease demand for rank gear when the new free to obtain stuff is available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options

lolwut

then tell me ooh great sage ooh demon archer how i can make as much money as interval players without the interval.

you cant say cos there is non so you may not wish to see how the server work but lost city is so full of sin and bm and its not just for show.

they are the ones who benefit the most from f2p classes its why i am saying it anybody who isnt interval is a fool or should make one.

this i am not gona do and unless ppl see this they will suffer cos prices will keep rissing as more will we able to make coin and coin will rise.mats will get cheaper and gold will get higher b:pleased.

this have everything to do with the f2p mentallity of the comunity as a whole
  • Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
    Nubispotze - Heavens Tear Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hey Nub, please send pm me this screen shot you're referring to.

And just to make it clear, our GM's do not buy and sell gold via the auctioneer.

Frankie not trying to sound like a *****. but why should i dig up OLD screen shots on my OLD PC that is not even hooked up to a screen. Just to send you pics of this, on a game i dont care about nor does this game offer me any fun things to do?!?!!

hell i still have a Ticket OPENED for over a year about 1 quest, still no ****ing answer to this 1 question. you guys dont do your job so why should i dig up things to prove myself RIGHT and for u all to not care about it.

p.s. try not to make these new skills that are comming out in CN take 4 months LONGER to get here in the states. it is almost time for amazing new games to come out. u might wanna keep the players u got hooked before they come out rather then trying to bring the players back.
    Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    then tell me ooh great sage ooh demon archer how i can make as much money as interval players without the interval.

you cant say cos there is non so you may not wish to see how the server work but lost city is so full of sin and bm and its not just for show.

they are the ones who benefit the most from f2p classes its why i am saying it anybody who isnt interval is a fool or should make one.

this i am not gona do and unless ppl see this they will suffer cos prices will keep rissing as more will we able to make coin and coin will rise.mats will get cheaper and gold will get higher b:pleased.

this have everything to do with the f2p mentallity of the comunity as a whole

I'm not disagreeing about class imbalance, i'm not a aps char (I don't play this archer anymore, i play wizard on lost city).

But yeah, you brought class imbalance into this argument but I was just pointing out sarcastically that class imbalance isn't really the point of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Frankie not trying to sound like a *****. but why should i dig up OLD screen shots on my OLD PC that is not even hooked up to a screen. Just to send you pics of this, on a game i dont care about nor does this game offer me any fun things to do?!?!!

hell i still have a Ticket OPENED for over a year about 1 quest, still no ****ing answer to this 1 question. you guys dont do your job so why should i dig up things to prove myself RIGHT and for u all to not care about it.

p.s. try not to make these new skills that are comming out in CN take 4 months LONGER to get here in the states. it is almost time for amazing new games to come out. u might wanna keep the players u got hooked before they come out rather then trying to bring the players back.

Because it's on the person who flings out wild accusations to back them up, basically. So...pics or it didn't happen. trollface.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Yes i think this is not allowed,, but GMs can influence a in-game economy with just few clicks and codes.The were screenshots about the patches or news (pwi or other pwe games)and we could see the insane amount of coins that a GM can have it.
    A GM can kill a world boss in few secs with a code , a GM can buy and sell a high amount of gold , a GM can summon players ,teleport them or add/remove them skills..etc ..etc..
    But they will change the economy in a game only if this is required , usually not, bcuz before adding the new packs on sales its beeing analized the profits/results/chances or the impact ..

(Ive played an MMO online game and our class had a skill issue, we couldnt get it after a quest , so i hit the "GM" button,typed my problem, he appeared in a town near me in 10 minutes and he added the skill to my book in less then 1 minute:))

GMs can do anything in a game but they have restrictions or is a secret what can they do .. you know .."CLASSIFIED" or "TOP SECRET" b:chuckleb:bye
    Also dont think that the GMs can make some "personal" requests of players for some money,gear..etc,even making contact in real life with the players or even by email to charge real dollars making the main game company to lose money, they can be banned too.A GM can be banned too .They have rules too.

Wish "Men in Black" to help us and revert the gold to 100k.. :(

Happy New Year to All !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Here's a factor that you people may have not considered:

Sometimes people simply don't charge gold, no matter the sale. It was Christmas, people got their presents and charged, but now that's over. When people charge and sell gold, gold is easy to buy as well. Remember a few weeks ago, gold was as low as 1.7m with the same pack sales? Now gold is consistently at 1.9m why do you think that is? People are simply not interested in charging and selling gold all the time. Same sale at different times can have very different results.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Here's a factor that you people may have not considered:

Sometimes people simply don't charge gold, no matter the sale. It was Christmas, people got their presents and charged, but now that's over. When people charge and sell gold, gold is easy to buy as well. Remember a few weeks ago, gold was as low as 1.7m with the same pack sales? Now gold is consistently at 1.9m why do you think that is? People are simply not interested in charging and selling gold all the time. Same sale at different times can have very different results.

It's interesting to chart in-game gold prices against the recent recession... it seems that as the USA falls deeper into its problems, the prices of gold get higher and higher...

Anyway, not trying to bring politics into the equation, but just stating that many people who used to charge now do not have that capability anymore. This causes the supply to be even less than normal.

P.S. ~ Looking for a place to rent in Canada.b:avoid
  • Kasai_Akuma - Sanctuary
    Kasai_Akuma - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Spend moar money so PWE can afford to maintain and make more games. Nuff' said. Servers are up. KThxBye. o 3o
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I logged on an looked and another interesting fact, Annipacks had a percieved value of what, 500-600k-ish average returns, and they're at 22 gold per 100... which would put gold at 2.2m. I'm not saying they're responsible for the gold price, but it's interesting to see how gold has scaled in price compared to packs.

Dude...tl;dr...seriously......

If reading requires effort or time on your part, you should have stayed in school. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I logged on an looked and another interesting fact, Annipacks had a percieved value of what, 500-600k-ish average returns, and they're at 22 gold per 100... which would put gold at 2.2m. I'm not saying they're responsible for the gold price, but it's interesting to see how gold has scaled in price compared to packs.

If reading requires effort or time on your part, you should have stayed in school. b:pleased

I'm still in school where the really long stuff we read is actually relevant to the real world and putting in effort/time is actually legit.

INB4 Some biased remarks about my age,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]