Veno for Nirvana question

RyuTiger - Raging Tide
RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
My wife have a lvl 74 Veno and she is pure mag build and I seen for Nirvana everyone ask for veno but my question is what build and what armour, what kind a veno pepole need? Thank you so much b:cute
Post edited by RyuTiger - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Basically people want a veno with sage/demon amp.

Not sure if the rest really matters...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Being able to survive? Build and armor doesn't matter aslong you won't be much of a bother to the cleric.

Skill is more important. Be amp happy and go nuts on giving others chi, and if you're sage with sage ironwood, make sure you keep the bosses debuffed with that decreasing pdef effect. Also use myriad too and keep everyone brambled who want to be brambled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    considering on RT majority of the WCs for veno are clericless, get minimum 5k hp <.< and some decent pdef, the bosses altho aps'ed like crazy do still have random agro and will generally hit the veno every once in a while, when they hit me while only BM buffed (6k pdef) they still hit for near 2k, friend's sin w/ ~300 less pdef took was around 2.5k.
    honestly despite not being a tank, still need to be able to take some hits. for pdef my guess would be ppl go LA for the easy def. i myself am vit build and built mainly for some def, since some of the bosses in nirvana have aoes that deal certiain amount of dmg (one being 5001 dmg and another being 49% hp aoe) if a boss hits you after one of those and you dont have the decent hp to take it, ur dead and a dead anything is useless to a squad
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    As it has been said Venomancers are mostly wanted for their debuffs (lvl11 Amplify, Ironwood, Myriads, Demon Parasitic Nova, Soul Degeneration (yeah it does help in certain situations) and Tangling Mire/Extreme Poison on genie is also good to have).

While a Venomancer shouldn't neglect their DD power, their primary focus has to be the debuffs, the coordination and debuffing the right moments. Having 5k HP as it has been suggested is quite nice. When on Cleric, I see Venomancers usually being the first to die and often wait for Revive turning them into a useless spot in squad. Surviving should be a priority as well, especially on Clericless runs. And again, some physical defence will help a lot too. You need to be able to survive a hit or two. Bramble Hood, Expel, Absolute Domain, Feral Concentration will help further if you are holding aggro (most frequent case being the Phoenix Boss).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I understand. Thank you so so much all for answer. b:heart
    I know now is not gonna be easy. :(
  • ocelocion
    ocelocion Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    necro'd, ScroogeShelly, please request to ban me.