PWI's greatest money maker

Options
Lenestro - Sanctuary
Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
In your opinion, what was pwi's most clever profiting move. I think its either the 2.5 m/s flyer you get in account stash for one week (made me charge zen for a faster flyer when it expired for the first time) or when they gave us new fash that looked awesome in the mainpage, but then everyone got it in ugly colors, driving pigment sales.
Post edited by Lenestro - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    packs
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    slave trade like Shinzoko from LC
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Clever? None

Most profit? General summers sale or the anniversary packs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    packs

this by far

i would be shocked it less then 75% of gold spent in the boutique is spent on anything but packs
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    LosTEscape - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
      slave trade like Shinzoko from LC

Explain.
      We will add r9 they said... it will be fun they said...
    • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
      Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      this by far

i would be shocked it less then 75% of gold spent in the boutique is spent on anything but packs

PWI is turning everyone into gamblers.

personally, I have spent probably 2% of my gold ever on packs. And I've never bought packs with coins either. >_>

I spend my gold on stuff I can actually use.
      101 Sage Sin*/Archer
      100 Demon BM*/Barb
      96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
      95 Demon Wiz/
      94 Sage Veno
      85 Psy/80 Mystic
      And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
      *Pre RB level
    • MaidenChina - Harshlands
      MaidenChina - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      I'd be more inclined to think it was clever if it wasn't so predictable.

Week after week it's either some random pack sale (along with another sale so they don't come off as absolutely desperate) or a General Summer's sale (with the same feature as the aforementioned.)

Interchange or even mix the two together when needed. Sprinkle some new packs here and there, throw in a fashion set and voila! Instant "clever" marketing.
    • Renza - Raging Tide
      Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      PWI's greatest money maker...that would have to be kiddies with parents credit card or simply people that have nothing better to spend there cash on, I'm also going to say the ability to buy R9 and orbs.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
      *One week later*
      "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
      *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
      ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      Clever profitting move... is that like when they put +11/+12 orbs in boutique and then removed them before people could buy lots of them and so all those people charged gold but then couldn't spend it on what they wanted b:chuckle
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    • Bellarie - Raging Tide
      Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      Clever profitting move... is that like when they put +11/+12 orbs in boutique and then removed them before people could buy lots of them and so all those people charged gold but then couldn't spend it on what they wanted b:chuckle

Sad part is that's technically a bait-and-switch tactic, which is grounds for a lawsuit, but proving it would be nearly impossible. Amusingly, PWI seems to pull of the bait-and-switch quite often, and always with near-airtight excuses to allow them to get away with it.
    • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
      Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      It's funny how people complain about pack sales, because when they aren't on sale, we get threads like these. b:chuckle
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
      ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      It's funny how people complain about pack sales, because when they aren't on sale, we get threads like these. b:chuckle

If we can't QQ about the sales then we must QQ about the lack of sales b:chuckle

Makes sense to me....

b:surrender

Wait no it doesn't
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
      Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      dunno whats greater than pack since this ones been 'there' longer than R9 mats
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
      ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
      _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      i would have to say making me cash shop once i got sick of how interval ruined my class.

but i wont complain any longer cos all my four r9 armor pieces are +10 now is waiting for when medal and ship are cheaper to buy the axe and belt.

well atm need to sell gold for 2milj a pice to buy vit stone and i think in summer buy r9 axe

its so funy interval made my class useless sso much i got sick of it i cash shopped my gear
      and now ppl rage at me cos i have r9 and what more funy its the same interval player i hate cos i couldent farm or make money.
    • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
      RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      I dont say we need to play this game for free. They need us to donate and it is fun to buy a mount, fashion, wings and more but this game has becomes i cant even find the word...greedy. There is no no no way to make money on the game. Farm what?? Anyone can farm mats, 90% have mounts. Is not so hard, farm mats that drop from mobs? easy....make a small character and farm with it. TT? Well u need to have good items to farm there and I farm yesterday TT and have no drop what is X2 drop? OMG i did not get anything. I make with my sister BH and I made with her friend to so I made about 10 Bh's and i get coins only. Not 3 stars, not 1 star, no pots, nothing just coins like in TT who you need to make 10 runs to get something witch u pay repairs and pots who are very expensive. Go to nirvana??? All ask for R8 or R9 to take you and 4-5 aps. Where can I get that if no one take me to Nirvy? We dont have an instance to farm coins. Not even 1. They calculated this game very smart way, the way u cant make coins in game and the way u need to donate much money to continue playing. Some catshop's stay for months and not sell 1 damn thing. No one buy small lvl items that we can farm without rank or aps. I will never go to nirvana or delta because no one take's me. I am a tanker not an aps. I am lvl 100 and i dont even know how Nirvana looks. I am not rich, i cant afford to spend millions on this game because I live in a country that we have 200 euros salary not 2000 like other's.. This game is a pure buisness and made for super rich people who spend like crazy and they think if they have, we all have and start to ask for aps and expensive items to take you in squad's.
    • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
      ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      Farm what?? Anyone can farm mats, 90% have mounts. Is not so hard, farm mats that drop from mobs? easy....make a small character and farm with it.

I believe you have the answer to your troubles. Farm mats and dq drops till you can get some decent gear. If you don't have the money and aren't interested in merchanting, this is the way to go. It will require some effort of course, but there are some in my faction that are currently farming DQ and selling those to make up to 10 million a day. At lvl 8x
    • Devoted - Lost City
      Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      packs, oracles, rank8, rank9, 10*
    • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
      edited December 2011
      Options
      making the pwi population roll fish (SIN) and get interval is win win b:laugh.

why we even call it perfect world when it should we called assasin world
    • Bellarie - Raging Tide
      Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      there are some in my faction that are currently farming DQ and selling those to make up to 10 million a day. At lvl 8x

I wonder, how many hours a day do these people spend farming DQ to make that 10 mil, and how many of them have decent computers that can leave two clients up all day? Not everyone has the lazy luxury of being able to play for 8+ hours a day, not does everyone have the luxury of being able to leave an extra client open to merchant the DQ items, which in itself is an unreliable means to generate profit.
    • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
      RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      I wonder, how many hours a day do these people spend farming DQ to make that 10 mil, and how many of them have decent computers that can leave two clients up all day? Not everyone has the lazy luxury of being able to play for 8+ hours a day, not does everyone have the luxury of being able to leave an extra client open to merchant the DQ items, which in itself is an unreliable means to generate profit.

Well said. 10+
    • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
      ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options

So you're not even willing to have a computer on (for a catshop) and still expect to make money?
      Naturally how much you make scales with the amount of hours you have to put into the game, as it should, I'm just showing that it's still possible to make money, without relying on parties 'allowing' you to join them when you don't have uber gear or the appropriate class. So it takes you like 2 months to get R8 if you don't spend that much time grinding / farming, how's that a bad thing? It's all you'll ever need for anything PvE wise, it should take some effort. It used to be practically impossible to get and people still did fine without having it.

If nobody in your faction is willing to go anywhere with you, and you don't want to do any farming / grinding, then perhaps it's time to switch factions and see where they will want to party with you. Otherwise perhaps you set your goals to high with the available time and means.

I've never been in delta or nirvana myself, but I'm just waiting for the rest of the faction to get high enough level so we can go as a faction. In the meantime I spend my time making alts and helping faction members, which is much more rewarding than grinding away at some dungeon a few hundred times to get the next piece of gear you don't really need.

If you're aiming at being competitive at PvP, and you don't have money or time, then you really shouldn't be playing MMORPGS; prolly better to play games where only skills are a factor such as FPS or RTS games.
    • Aowenn - Archosaur
      Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      Packs for definate

I just brought 1500 anni packs ( mass blow out ) & got 7 BL tokens from the lot

I know now i won't be buying packs from PWI again.

Alot of people that i know have said the same thing in the last few days, PWI is starting to lose people through pure greed now

It's their own fault
    • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
      Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      PWI may be greedy, but at the same time they are also feeding the greed of players who still desire to get better in a dying game.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
    • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
      edited December 2011
      Options
      pwi didnt die on Aeo why would it die now with ***.

stop making asumptions and one thing to note new game mean new grapic better computers some ppl cant play those and again pwi didnt die when Aeo was released pwi might not die from ***.

ppl are greedy with there farm do not take old school players why should i a old school barb be just as greedy with gold. its just in my book i cant join them **** them then.

ppl greedy farming wont change so neither will i and i will exploit it as much as possibleb:laugh.

the only way to make money for me it seem why should i lower my gold when ppl do not wish to do the same with there greedy farming toons.
    • Michael_Dark - Lost City
      Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      pwi didnt die on Aeo why would it die now with ***.

stop making asumptions and one thing to note new game mean new grapic better computers some ppl cant play those and again pwi didnt die when Aeo was released pwi might not die from ***.

ppl are greedy with there farm do not take old school players why should i a old school barb be just as greedy with gold. its just in my book i cant join them **** them then.

ppl greedy farming wont change so neither will i and i will exploit it as much as possibleb:laugh.

the only way to make money for me it seem why should i lower my gold when ppl do not wish to do the same with there greedy farming toons.

Aww, fail barb is upset at people calling PWI a dying game.

It is.

b:pleased
      I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    • Sagek - Sanctuary
      Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      Aww, fail barb is upset at people calling PWI a dying game.

It is.

b:pleased

Can you provide proof that PWI is a dying game?
    • _Perses_ - Lost City
      _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      Michael can't....he just loves being on the "Game is dead" bandwagon >_>
      Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      edited December 2011
      Options
      Can you provide proof that PWI is a dying game?

Yes. Go to any questing area that isn't level 100. Count how many people you see and come back to tell me they're all empty.

No new players means nobody to replace the people who have quit.

To put it more simply so you may grasp it, if you don't keep filling your gas tank, one day it will be empty.

b:bye
    • Sagek - Sanctuary
      Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
      edited December 2011
      Options
      Yes. Go to any questing area that isn't level 100. Count how many people you see and come back to tell me they're all empty.

No new players means nobody to replace the people who have quit.

To put it more simply so you may grasp it, if you don't keep filling your gas tank, one day it will be empty.

Oh your one of those types who can't answer a question with out an insult :rollseye:

it's a shame that you simply can not answer a question with a logical answer. The forums have no baring on the success or failure of a game, Sorry they just don't.

God forbid you might consider that no one post in the forums because it's swarming with people who can only have a conversation by insulting someone or belittling them.. but no I guess that logic is too much... :sigh:
      edited December 2011
      Options
      Oh your one of those types who can't answer a question with out an insult :rollseye:

it's a shame that you simply can not answer a question with a logical answer. The forums have no baring on the success or failure of a game, Sorry they just don't.

God forbid you might consider that no one post in the forums because it's swarming with people who can only have a conversation by insulting someone or belittling them.. but no I guess that logic is too much... :sigh:

If you would actually bother too look around, you'll see that he's crying and whining in a number of threads.

And, as a 10x barb who supposedly cash shopped R9, he still needs help to solo frost. lol

Go away now or I'll taunt you a second time.

(edit: and no, that is not a direct quote, so you don't need to point it out :p )