PK in cube Room 14/34...

Options
beforesun
beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
I really start to doubt the mind of some ppl that play on a PvE server.. OK, whole story:
I try to be friendly in cube. I help if I can, heal ppl when they fight mobs, set up card digging to 5 and so on, BUT there are 2 exeptions. Room 14 and 34. It might be from my time on a PvP Server, but when I enter these rooms I always prepare myself to fight and once I see a person inside there I strike. No matter if the person strikes first. It's simply the purpose of that room - kill someone.
And as a matter of facts I will definitly get a msg within the next minute. It's usually sth. like "why did you ***(put some bad word here)*** killed me?".
I usually try to explain the situation, that it is PK room and in order to survive I kill everyone I meet in there unless it's a friend of mine so I can be sure to survive.

So why don't ppl get the idea of a PK room? Sure it's anoying to die in there. But starting a war and getting other ppl involved to hunt someone down, just because he was faster than you? Really my plea to all the ppl starting to do cube: Look up what the room will bring and be prepared to be killed in PK rooms, which are 14 and 34. And if you get killed keep in mind not all pl kill in there because they love to PK and have a chance in there. It's simply the purpose of that rooms..

Or what do you think? Should someone go in there and wait till he get killed, simply because the one in there wants to safe his cards and is happy you gave him time to strike first?

To all that feal offended - since I choose not to die without a fight. I will go on attacking in that room, simply because that's what this room is ment to be. I can understand that ppl get pissed getting killed in another room, like 49 or 50. But that's already sth. different.
Post edited by beforesun on

Comments

• Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Its the nature of the cube.
    Help in some rooms, kill in others. People don;t like it, too bad. The cube was clearly designed this way. Otherwise, why have 'bored' rooms to make you stand while pk enabled as well?
    Its a voluntary instance, getting pk'd is a known risk.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Room 14 isn't a big deal, but Room 34 can be a real pain in the rear, depending on how long it took you to reach it. Personally I just pay my cards and get out of there as fast as I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amixia - Lost City
    Amixia - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't mind getting killed in there. Since usually when I get either rooms no one ever comes in. b:cry I'd rather be killed in a fight than sit 20mins waiting.
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yeah I've had the same thing happen to me. I've even been threatened to be reported for killing someone in room 14 once. b:laugh

Some people just don't understand the objectives of the rooms of the cube and get irritated when they get killed. Simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Actiniaria - Heavens Tear
    Actiniaria - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ive done CoF hundreds of times, on multiple characters, and i can honestly say, ive killed one person in room 14. 14/34 are MADE for PK. you MUST pk someone to advance, unless you carry do-alls (i always have over 100) .other pk enabled rooms though, do **** me off. Like making it all the way to the other side of Dragon Gate DX, zigging and zagging, dodging the damn bugs, only to be shivved by a high lvl stealthed sin on the other side. or in room 45 having the Fate Spirit down to 50k hp only to have someone come up behind you, kill you, then take your hard work. THAT is annoying. as for 14/34. Either carry do-alls, tele back to 1 and restart, or stay out of Cube.
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't like being forced into PK mode in some rooms of the cube, but is part of it, and it was clearly designed to be that way.

If you don't like that then don't do it. b:bye
  • beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I truly hope the ppl arguing or threatening ppl just because they are killed read this!!!
    as for 14/34. Either carry do-alls, tele back to 1 and restart, or stay out of Cube

I would add a "be prepared to kill someone" to your list, since that's the other side of the equasion. Sure 99% of the time there wont be someone in, but if there is someone I wont hasitate to attack and ask "will you kill me?", since I want to survive :)
  • MaidenChina - Harshlands
    MaidenChina - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well THANKFULLY in Harshlands most of the heavy cashshoppers and people who could kill me don't do Cube...so all the people I do happen to murder I at least stand a chance against. b:chuckle
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Gotta love the cube. I finished it on my venom because I was trying to die. Even asked someone to kill me in the pk room. The archer killed himself, which was sweet, but not needed...I was literally in no armor at the time, trying to die with town portal on CD.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well THANKFULLY in Harshlands most of the heavy cashshoppers and people who could kill me don't do Cube...so all the people I do happen to murder I at least stand a chance against. b:chuckle

I lol'd. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I only have problems with people killing without purpose. In room 14/34, there is a purpose. Namely, you get out of the room. So on the occasion that I die in those rooms and the person talks to me, I'll say "eh it's np, that room turns everyone into an a-hole." Which it can. :-/

It's in the other rooms that I find pathetic. There is no reason to kill someone in Room 11/32. None.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It's in the other rooms that I find pathetic. There is no reason to kill someone in Room 11/32. None.

Sure there is! They are bored. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sure there is! They are bored. b:chuckle
    Nope, bored people just alt-tab to their browser and **** around on the internet for five minutes. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Nope, bored people just alt-tab to their browser and **** around on the internet for five minutes. :P

Touche. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I must say I've only ever been in rooms 14/34 3 or 4 times and only once not had do-alls to skipp through and that one time I did kill someone, but usually I just skip ahead.

As for the other pk enabled rooms sometimes I kill people there, but mostly I try and get through the cube as fast as I can so I don't bother. However I have more than once killed someone in one of the Bored rooms that were in a catshop. Why they were a catshop I can't say, my only guess is they thought they couldn't be killed while in catshop, so I'm glad I helped them out with that misconception b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    beforesun wrote: »
    I really start to doubt the mind of some ppl that play on a PvE server.. OK, whole story:
    I try to be friendly in cube. I help if I can, heal ppl when they fight mobs, set up card digging to 5 and so on, BUT there are 2 exeptions. Room 14 and 34. It might be from my time on a PvP Server, but when I enter these rooms I always prepare myself to fight and once I see a person inside there I strike. No matter if the person strikes first. It's simply the purpose of that room - kill someone.
    And as a matter of facts I will definitly get a msg within the next minute. It's usually sth. like "why did you ***(put some bad word here)*** killed me?".
    I usually try to explain the situation, that it is PK room and in order to survive I kill everyone I meet in there unless it's a friend of mine so I can be sure to survive.

So why don't ppl get the idea of a PK room? Sure it's anoying to die in there. But starting a war and getting other ppl involved to hunt someone down, just because he was faster than you? Really my plea to all the ppl starting to do cube: Look up what the room will bring and be prepared to be killed in PK rooms, which are 14 and 34. And if you get killed keep in mind not all pl kill in there because they love to PK and have a chance in there. It's simply the purpose of that rooms..

Or what do you think? Should someone go in there and wait till he get killed, simply because the one in there wants to safe his cards and is happy you gave him time to strike first?

To all that feal offended - since I choose not to die without a fight. I will go on attacking in that room, simply because that's what this room is ment to be. I can understand that ppl get pissed getting killed in another room, like 49 or 50. But that's already sth. different.

I fully agree with you. I never PK in cube, but in these room I'm forced to pk, or be killed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Nobody has mentioned room 58.... it is also a PK room and much more annoying than the other ones. It has a price of 10 Do-All's to pass through or else be prepared to sit there for a very very very very long time waiting for someone to kill.

Fuzzy has found himself stuck in 58 once or twice without enough Do-All's and it just aint no fun.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Rolands - Dreamweaver
    Rolands - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Aww fuzzy how long did you sit there and how did you get out?
    As for topic it selfe i howe no opinion couse i dont bother doing cube.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Nobody has mentioned room 58.... it is also a PK room and much more annoying than the other ones. It has a price of 10 Do-All's to pass through or else be prepared to sit there for a very very very very long time waiting for someone to kill.

Fuzzy has found himself stuck in 58 once or twice without enough Do-All's and it just aint no fun.

I figure out that rooms 50-60 is absolutely not worth to do because of HUGE pay fee in each room. The cog can easily cost 2M. These stupid fees killed fun of getting cogs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I kill in 14/34, it's simply how the rooms are set up. If you QQ, well, blame the room :p

I don't kill in any of the other rooms, unless you give me reason to. Like hit me first or be a first class moron who killed me for no reason before. KS me, ruin my bh, steal drops, whatever, be sure to not meet me in cube as long as I remember your name. Cause I WILL kill you. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I figure out that rooms 50-60 is absolutely not worth to do because of HUGE pay fee in each room. The cog can easily cost 2M. These stupid fees killed fun of getting cogs.

I figured I would do 50-60 the other day and I didn't get jack and wasted money. Double-you Tee Eff? b:angry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I absolutely love Cube, even more so because you have chances to get a lvl99 skill almost free (Demon Parasitic Nova 2nd try <3).

However, there are days when Cube is annoying for me as well and those days I just give up. No reason to get angry over it. It's a form of game anyway.
    Even the times when somebody kills me in those rooms, I don't complain. I enter Cube at my own risk and being aware of the consequences. If I'm in a bad mood, I don't do it. End of story lol.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★